[Guide] Root Pixel 5 with Magisk Android 13

Search This thread

tortelo

Aug 4, 2022
edit: Redownloading all files solved the problem. Maybe I copied a file wrongly. I'll leave this post up for completeness.

In part II, step 2, under "Flash Factory Image Wipe Data" there is the step "Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the Platform-tools folder and type: flash-all at the Command Prompt and press enter."

When running this on Windows, I get the following output:
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Press any key to exit...
Why is this happening and how can I proceed? I added the platform-tools folder to the Windows path variable, but that was no help.

Last edited:

Homeboy76

Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel XL
edit: Redownloading all files solved the problem. Maybe I copied a file wrongly. I'll leave this post up for completeness.

In part II, step 2, under "Flash Factory Image Wipe Data" there is the step "Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the Platform-tools folder and type: flash-all at the Command Prompt and press enter."

When running this on Windows, I get the following output:

Why is this happening and how can I proceed? I added the platform-tools folder to the Windows path variable, but that was no help.
Glad you were able to solve the problem. :)

Last edited:

tortelo

Aug 4, 2022
I'm now stuck at the same step again. The following is the output of "flash-all".
Sending 'bootloader_a' (8762 KB) OKAY [ 0.598s] Writing 'bootloader_a' FAILED (remote: 'Fastboot command (flash:) is not allowed when locked') fastboot: error: Command failed Rebooting into bootloader OKAY [ 0.047s] Finished. Total time: 0.051s < waiting for any device > Sending 'radio_a' (149796 KB) OKAY [ 8.189s] Writing 'radio_a' FAILED (remote: 'Fastboot command (flash:) is not allowed when locked') fastboot: error: Command failed Rebooting into bootloader OKAY [ 0.033s] Finished. Total time: 0.072s < waiting for any device > -------------------------------------------- Bootloader Version...: r3-0.4-8351081 Baseband Version.....: g7250-00202-220422-B-8489468 Serial Number........: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -------------------------------------------- extracting android-info.txt (0 MB) to RAM... Checking 'product' OKAY [ 0.068s] Checking 'version-bootloader' OKAY [ 0.066s] Checking 'version-baseband' OKAY [ 0.068s] Setting current slot to 'a' FAILED (remote: 'Fastboot command (set_active:) is not allowed when locked') fastboot: error: Command failed Press any key to exit...
I've tried different USB ports and wires, but not a different Windows computer, because I only have this one. Am I right in thinking that this step only works on Windows?

Before running this I've locked the bootloader (part II.1 "Lock Bootloader"). Is this related to the message (remote: 'Fastboot command (set_active:) is not allowed when locked')?

Homeboy76

Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel XL
...bootloader_a' FAILED (remote: 'Fastboot command (flash :) is not allowed when locked')...
...Before running this I've locked the bootloader (part II.1 "Lock Bootloader"). Is this related to the message (remote:" 'Fastboot command (set_active :) is not allowed when locked')?...

@tortelo
Yes, the bootloader must be unlocked (OP, ~ ~ ~ Part I - INFORMATION ~ ~ ~, 2. Prerequisites, • A Pixel 5 phone with an unlocked bootloader.)

tortelo

Aug 4, 2022
Yes, the bootloader must be unlocked (OP, ~ ~ ~ Part I - INFORMATION ~ ~ ~, 2. Prerequisites, • A Pixel 5 phone with an unlocked bootloader.)
Alright, thanks.

I previously thought the Instructions (Part II) are meant to be followed one after another. So, first Unlock Bootloader, then Return Phone to Stock, then Lock Bootloader, then Install Factory Image wipe data, ... That meant I was trying to Install Factory Image wipe data with a locked Bootloader.

If that's not the correct way, what's the correct order to follow the instructions? I'm worried about doing something out of order and bricking my phone.

Reactions: Homeboy76

Homeboy76

Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel XL
@tortelo
...If that's not the correct way, what's the correct order to follow the instructions? I'm worried about doing something out of order and bricking my phone.

First, read the OP, Introduction

Second, read the OP, ~ ~ ~ Part I - Information ~ ~ ~, 1. Disclaimer and 2. Prerequisites.

Third, scroll down to ~ ~ ~ Part II - Instruction ~ ~ ~ read and follow the instruction for the task you want to accomplish.

<Edited>
Example: You want to Root your phone.
Go-to ~ ~ ~ Part II - Instruction ~ ~ ~, 5. Root/Reroot with Magisk and Pass SafetyNet., • Patching the boot.img - to root/reroot.

Last edited:
Reactions: andybones

tortelo

Aug 4, 2022
Third, scroll down to ~ ~ ~ Part II - Instruction ~ ~ ~ read and follow the instruction for the task you want to accomplish.
Got it. Please consider adding the sentence "If you want to root your phone, skip to Part II.5." I thought the whole post were necessary steps for rooting the phone and other beginners may suffer from the same confusion.

eriks0n

Oct 15, 2015
So are these instructions still relevant for upgrading to the Aug 2022 Android 13 release? Has anyone successfully updated yet?

WARNING:

If you guys are successful with your move to Android 13 with Magisk, just KNOW that right now our phones are limited!

Scoped Storage has been updated to FIX loopholes with file managers (Solid File Explorer, etc).

In other words, if you use Swift Backup Pro like me, forget being able to restore your files back to Android/Data or Android/obb, because they've patched them!

Right now Android 13 runs perfectly on my phone, it's never worked this perfectly or smoothly!
But with limited access to those folders, root is kind of useless for right now, and so are backup apps.

I'm stuck with no Authenticator backup restored, because I can't grant access to the Android folders!

Unless there is a workaround I'm not aware of, if you root and do stuff in the Android folder (Viper4android, etc), forget upgrading to Android 13 for now! Stick with A12!

Forgive me if I'm misinformed, not trying to spread any misinformation, again if there are ways around this, please inform me, I'll edit or delete this post ASAP!

Reactions: AnyNameYouWish

digger16309

Jul 17, 2014
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
In other words, if you use Swift Backup Pro like me, forget being able to restore your files back to Android/Data or Android/obb, because they've patched them!
I'm curious if you clean flashed A13 or dirty flashed it over A12 and whether that would (or would have) made a difference. I use Swift Backup and not being able to restore my apps from A12 to A13 in a clean flash, or use it as a backup option in A13, makes A13 a non-starter for me.

That said, this hasn't been reported (that I've seen) with A13 Beta and Swift Backup was updated Aug 3 with A13 support. It would be weird to have that locked down in the release candidate and not the beta.

Reactions: Michael1200

Michael1200

Nov 16, 2016
I'm curious if you clean flashed A13 or dirty flashed it over A12 and whether that would (or would have) made a difference. I use Swift Backup and not being able to restore my apps from A12 to A13 in a clean flash, or use it as a backup option in A13, makes A13 a non-starter for me.

That said, this hasn't been reported (that I've seen) with A13 Beta and Swift Backup was updated Aug 3 with A13 support. It would be weird to have that locked down in the release candidate and not the beta.

Yeah, I'm curious about this as well since I'm going to clean flash A13 now and I used Swift to backup my most important apps. I'm still on A11 on my Pixel 5 and skipped A12 on purpose, but because of the great user feedback on the speed and stability of A13 I'm going to update now.

I will report back on how it went, but somehow I really can't imagine why it isn't possible, I mean after all you have root acccess ...?

Reactions: digger16309

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just came back to my Pixel 5 after 6 months because I thought the type C port was broken. Turned out it was just hard lint. So I updated from May straight to September. With that bit of primer out of the way.

I flashed the September factory image, and used both Canary and Stable on the boot.img from the factory image. Both cause bootloops and after trying to reflash September again I get the same result with Magisk. The image was checked with the sha256sum.

Any idea what's going on? It doesn't boot to allow adb to access shell and disable any modules but I don't think that's the problem.
    If you're able to boot to stock without issues but you can't boot with magisk_patched, typically you shouldn't need to do a wipe.
    It could be:
    1- bad magisk module(s) or
    2- messed up magisk config or
    3- the patched image is not good.

1- if you can boot to safe mode, it disables magisk modules, then you can fix by deleting or disabling the modules. I know you said that the phone does not get into adb mode to issue the command, have you tried it? Because sometimes it very briefly gets into adb and then it reboots, that should be enough to invoke the the process. You know the command is just waiting for adb. Otherwise you can try the power + volume down button while booting.

2- if the config is messed up, you probably won't be able to boot to safe mode, this probably would require a wipe, but if this ends up being the case, post in magisk general development thread, you'd get better advise then mine.

3- how are you patching? How are you transferring the file to the phone? transferring through adb is more reliable then MTP transfer, give that a shot.
    You can post the checksum (md5, sha1, or sha256) of the patched file and people can compare if that matches with their patched checksum.

Good luck.
    I still bootloop even with the `debug`version. Also pressing vol. down while booting with the patched image does not boot into safe mode :(
    Sounds like bad Magisk modules, and if you're not booting to safe mode then the modules are not being disabled.

You need to disable Magisk modules.
    When you're bootlooping, you can give this command a try.
    Code:
    adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules
    Or you can use PixelFlasher and click on the SOS button.

Good luck.
    I also tried to remove them manually but I do not have permissions to edit "/data/adb/modules/" even while booting with the magisk image.
    I'm confused, I thought you're bootlooping with magisk patched boot.img
    If that is the case, how are you booting with magisk patched and able to issue adb commands? you get adb? briefly? and then it reboots? And you have enough time to do that manually?

What is the output of this command?
    Code:

You get perfectly working phone (though not rooted) if you boot with stock boot.img?
    however you bootloop if you use a patched boot.img, while getting adb but not su?

If that is the case, you should look at boot patching process.
    What magisk version are you using?
    How are you extracting the boot.img? from which firmware?
    How are you transferring it to phone and back to your PC?
    How are you flashing the patched boot.img?
    ...What is the output of this command?
    Code:
    Added this to the OP, and removed Force Safe Mode....
    Thanks! :)
    When I boot with the patched image I get this output.
    Bash:
    $ adb wait-for-device shell
    redfin:/ $ su
    Permission denied
    13|redfin:/ $ magisk --remove-modules
    redfin:/ $ (device rebooted)
    and with the original boot image I get

Bash:
    redfin:/ $ su
    /system/bin/sh: su: inaccessible or not found
    127|redfin:/ $ magisk --remove-modules
    /system/bin/sh: magisk: inaccessible or not found
    127|redfin:/ $

Notice how in the first case it says permission denied, which means su is found but permission is denied to execute, this means that adb shell is not granted root access, hence why it is denied.
    So yes you actually have Magisk.

In the second case obviously there is Magisk hence why su not found error.

So now the question is, why is disabling the modules is not working?
    I think this is a perfect question for this thread, folks there are amazing and have in depth knowledge and experience on Magisk inner workings.
    Post it there and I'm sure someone will figure it out.

The md5 hash is the same for the patched image from PixelFlasher and the file I transferred myself, both are 89a80fcd58dcbb8a64be153bf621944a. And the boot id is 89a80fcd (the original was 2dfbb031). Both have the same package id of 2dfbb031.

It's strange that Patched with Magisk column is blank for the second entry.
    I think you preciously stated that this was patched with Canary.
    Was it the latest Canary?
    I patched my son's Redfin with the latest canary and this is what I get,
    1662381636257.png

By the way, the Package ID reflects the md5 hash of the boot.img before patching
    Boot ID, reflects the md5 hash of the boot.img after patching, for obvious reasons the first entry has both to be the same value because that is a not a patch boot.img.

Introduction
    This Guide is for Pixel 5 owners that want to Root their phone, and enjoy the benefits of rooting it. The Guide is divided into three parts: Information, Instructions, and Other.

~ ~ ~ Part I - INFORMATION ~ ~ ~
    1. Disclaimer

• I assume no responsibility for the malfunctioning/bricking of your phone.
      • The order of listed items i.e., Custom Kernels, Custom ROMS, etc. Does not indicate my preference for them. It is your responsibility to do the research before selecting an item.
    2. Prerequisites

3. Update(s)

4. NEW

5. My Other Guides
    6. Credits/Thanks/Recognitions

• Those I may have, inadvertently, forgotten.
    ~ ~ ~ Part II - INSTRUCTIONS ~ ~ ~
    (The Instructions listed below are not steps, they are individual sets of instructions.)

1. Unlock Bootloader/Return Phone to Stock/Lock Bootloader

• Unlock Bootloader

1. This will erase all user data from the device!
        2. Backup your data
        3. Activate Developer Options: Tap Settings > About Phone > Tap Build Number 7 times or until you see you are a Developer. Tap back > System > Advanced > Developer Options. Enable OEM Unlock and, USB Debugging.
        4. Boot fastboot mode
        5. Connect the phone to the Computer with USB cord.
        6. Open a Command Prompt on your computer and type fastboot flashing unlock and press enter.
        7. You should see a request for confirmation on your phone, use the volume keys to scroll and the power key to select.
        8. Allow the process to complete and then type fastboot reboot at the Command Prompt and press enter.
        9. When your phone reboots disconnect your usb cable.
          Notes: After unlocking your bootloader, you'll see a warning: The bootloader is unlocked and... You will see this warning until, you relock the bootloader.
          Do not relock your bootloader until you have returned the device to Stock.
      • Return Phone to Stock

1. Backup your data/Internal storage
        2. Settings > System > Advanced > Reset Options > Erase all data (factory reset)
        3. Log in
        4. Set up phone
      • Lock Bootloader

1. Return the phone to Stock before locking the bootloader, failure to do so could brick your phone
        2. This will erase all user data from the device!
        3. Boot fastboot mode
        4. Open a Command Prompt and type this at the Prompt: fastboot flashing lock
        5. You should see a request for confirmation on your phone, use the volume keys to scroll and the power key to select.
        6. Allow the process to complete, then type this at the Command Prompt: fastboot reboot
        7. Enable Developer Options: Settings > About phone > Tap Build number 7 times or until you see 'you are a developer'.
        8. Tap Back > Developer options and toggle OEM Unlock off.
    2. Install/Update Factory Image keep data, wipe data, or use @badabing2003 PixelFlasher

• Important Note(s):

1. If you want to Upgrade to Android 13 or update the Factory Image without wiping your phone and your phone is rooted. Open Magisk and delete all the modules or uninstall Magisk. Do Flash Factory Image Keep Data (below).
        2. Always verify you have the latest version of SDK Platform-Tools installed on your computer before installing the Factory Image: Pixel 5 - redfin.
        3. If you get an error: while flashing, try one of these options:
          • Change the USB port to a non charging USB port.
          • Change the USB cord.
          • Change Computers.
        4. If your phone boot loops try one of the following options:
          • Flash the 'stock' boot.img to both slots: fastboot flash boot boot.img --slot all
          • Remove Modules

1. Press the Power button until the phone turns off.
            2. Press the Power and Volume Down to boot the bootloader.
            3. Open a Command Prompt in the SDK-Platform-tools folder or the folder that has adb.exe in it, and type adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules
            4. fastboot Reboot
        5. Backup your data
        6. Download the latest Factory Image: Pixel 5 - redfin to your Computer.
        7. Go to Part II - INSTRUCTIONS => 4. Extract Files from the FactoryImage/Flash boot.img and extract the flash-all.bat file.
      • Flash Factory Image Keep Data

• Open the folder you extracted the Factory Image to and Edit the flash-all.bat file with a file editor i.e., DroidEdit app.
          1. Change this line: fastboot -w update image-redfin-aa1a.999999.999.zip
          2. to this: fastboot update image-redfin-tp1a.999999.999.zip
          3. Note: If you do not remove the -w your internal storage will be wiped.
        • After, you have edited the flash-all.bat file. Copy/Move these files to the Platform-tools folder:
          1. bootloader-redfin-....img
          2. flash-all.bat
          3. image-redfin-....zip
          4. radio-redfin-....img
        • On your phone: Boot the bootloader (Power off the phone => Press the Power and Down buttons until you see Start)
        • Connect your phone to the computer.
        • Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the Platform-tools folder and type: flash-all at the Command Prompt and press enter.
        • The phone will reboot when flashing is completed.
        • Go-to ~ ~ ~ Part II - INSTRUCTIONS ~ ~ ~, 5. Root/Reroot with Magisk and Pass SafetyNet, • Patching the boot.img - to root/reroot.
      • Flash Factory Image Wipe Data

• This will wipe your phone's Internal Storage.
        • Open the folder you extracted the Factory Image to and Copy/Move these files to the Platform-tools folder:
          1. bootloader-redfin-....img
          2. flash-all.bat
          3. image-redfin-....zip
          4. radio-redfin-....img
        • On your phone: Boot the bootloader (Power off the phone => Press the Power and Down buttons until you see Start)
        • Connect your phone to the computer.
        • Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the Platform-tools folder and type: flash-all at the Command Prompt and press enter.
        • The phone will reboot when flashing is complete.
        • Setup phone
        • Enable Developer Mode and USB Debugging
          1. Setup => About phone => Tap Build number 7 times or untill you see you are a 'Devloper'.
          2. Setup => System => Developer options => Enable Developer options => enable USB Debugging
        • Go-to ~ ~ ~ Part II - INSTRUCTIONS ~ ~ ~, 5. Root/Reroot with Magisk and Pass SafetyNet, • Patching the boot.img - to root/reroot.
    3. Take the OTA Update and Maintain Root

• This set of instructions was written by @topjohnwu: Install Magisk to Inactive Slot , use Magisk Canary, Beta or Stable.
      • NOTE: After you Open Magisk and Restore Images. If you had a Custom Kernel installed, Please check the OP of the Custom Kernel thread you install for the instruction to remove the Custom Kernel and return your phone to Stock. Additionally, if you installed Mods Please check the OP of the Mod thread you installed for instruction to remove the Mod and return your phone to Stock before you download the OTA.
      • If you phone bootloops
        • Press the Power button until the phone turns off.
        • Press the Power and Volume Down to boot the bootloader.
        • Open a Command Prompt in the SDK-Platform-tools folder or the folder that has adb.exe in it, and type adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules
        • fastboot Reboot
    4. Extract Files from Factory Image/Flash boot.img

• Extract Files from Factory Image

1. Extract flash-all.bat and boot.img file
        2. Download the latest Factory image to your phone.
        3. Extract the Factory Image file (bramble-r2d1a.999999.999-factory-99a9a99a.zip) to a folder. The, stock, flash-all.bat file should be in this folder.
        4. Open the folder you extracted the Factory image to and, extract the Image file (image-bramble-aa9a.999999.999.zip) into the folder. The, stock, boot.img file should be in this folder.
      • Flash boot.img

1. Flashing the boot.img removes root.
        2. Open the folder you extracted the 'image...zip' file to and copy the boot.img file to your computer's platform-tools folder or to the folder that has fastboot.exe in it.
        3. Boot fastboot mode
        4. Connect the phone to the Computer
        5. Open a Command Prompt and type the following command at the prompt:
          fastboot flash boot --slot all boot.img
        6. Reboot
    5. Root/Reroot with Magisk and Pass SafetyNet.

• Android 13

• Upgrade to Android 13: OP, Part II - INSTRUCTIONS, 2. Install/Update Factory Image keep data or wipe data, Keep data
      • Patching the boot.img - to root/reroot.

1. Go to Part II - INSTRUCTIONS => 4. Extract Files from the FactoryImage/Flash boot.img and extract the boot.img file.
        2. Install Magisk Canary - Download app-release.apk
          or
          Magisk Beta/Stable App
        3. Open Magisk Beta/Canary/Stable App
        4. The Update Channel should be set to Beta/Canary/Stable, depending on the version you Installed.
        5. Tap Install (next to Magisk)
        6. Tap, Select and Patch a File
        7. Select the boot.img file you extracted from the latest factory image.
        8. Tap the ✓ (Check Mark)
        9. Tap Let's Go
        10. When you see done, the boot.img has been patched (magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img), and stored in the download folder.
        11. Reboot
        12. Copy/Move the patched boot.img file to your computer's Platform-tools folder or the folder that has fastboot.exe in it:
          • Copy it to a USB drive and transfer it to your computer.
          • Move it to your computer using adb push
        13. Boot fastboot mode
        14. Connect the phone to the Computer with USB cord.
        15. Open a Command Prompt in the folder you copied the patched boot.img to.
        16. Type fastboot flash boot "name of patched boot".img without the quote marks at the Prompt and press enter.
        17. Type fastboot reboot at the Prompt and press enter.
        18. Important: If your phone boot loops try one of the following options:
          • Flash the 'stock' boot.img to both slots: fastboot flash boot boot.img --slot all
          • Remove Modules
            1. Press the Power button until the phone turns off.
            2. Press the Power and Volume Down to boot the bootloader.
            3. Open a Command Prompt in the SDK-Platform-tools folder or the folder that has adb.exe in it, and type adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules
            4. fastboot Reboot.
      • Pass Safety Net with SafetyNet Fix

1. Download File(s)
        2. Install SafetyNet Fix
          • Open Magisk
          • Tap Modules icon
          • Tap Install from storage
          • Navigate to the SafetyNet Fix file you downloaded
          • Tap the SafetyNet Fix file
          • Tap the check mark (✓ at the bottom) to start the installation.
          • After it installs tap the Save icon to save the log
          • Tap Reboot.
        3. Install Displax/safetynet-fix Mod, v2.3.1-MOD
          • Open Magisk
          • Tap Modules icon
          • Tap Install from storage
          • Navigate to the Displax/safetynet-fix Mod, v2.3.1-MOD file you downloaded
          • Tap the Displax/safetynet-fix Mod, v2.3.1-MOD file
          • Tap the check mark (✓ at the bottom) to start the installation.
          • Note: You do not have to disable/remove SafetyNet Fix.
          • After it installs tap the Save icon to save the log
          • Tap Reboot.
        4. Settings for Magisk Canary
          • Open Magisk App
          • Tap the Setup icon.
          • Scroll down to App and set the Update Channel to Canary.
          • Scroll down to Check Updates and enable it.
          • Scroll down to Magisk and enable Zygisk.
          • Do not enable Denylist
          • Tap Configure DenyList => Tap 3 Dot Menu => Check ✓ Show system apps => Check ✓ Google Play Store, Google Pay, Google Wallet etc.
          • Scroll down to Superuser and enable Enable Biometric Authentication.
        5. Get Device Certified Clear Google Play Services, Google Play Store, Google Pay, Google Wallet, etc. data[/B]
          • Turn Airplane mode on
          • Open Settings
          • Tap Apps & notifications
          • Tap see all...
          • Tap three dot menu
          • Tap Show system
          • Scroll down to Google Play Store
          • Tap Storage and Cache
          • Tap Clear storage
            Note: Repeat the 3 steps above for Google Play Services, Google Pay, Google Wallet, etc.
          • reboot
          • Turn Airplane mode off
        6. Check Device Certification, I may take 24 hours for Device Certification
          • Open Google Play Store app
          • Tap Menu - Circle top right
          • Tap Settings
          • Tap About
          • Check Play protect certification.
    6. Set Magisk App Update Channel/Update Magisk

• Set Magisk App Update Channel

• Open Magisk App > Tap Settings icon > Update Channel > Select Stable, Beta, Canary or Custom.
      • Update Magisk

1. When Magisk App notifies you of an update:
        2. Tap install.
        3. Select, Direct Install (Recommended)
        4. When it finishes installing
        5. Tap, Save Log
        6. Log location: /storage/emulated/0/Download
        7. Tap, Reboot
        8. Done!
    7. Install/Update Magisk Modules

• Download Modules
      • Install Modules from Storage

1. Open Magisk
        2. Tap the Modules icon
        3. Tap Install from storage
        4. Navigate to the folder with the Module you want to install.
        5. Tap the Module to highlite it and tap Select.
        6. After it installs, tap the Disc Icon to save the install log.
        7. Tap Reboot
      • Install Modules from Fox2Code/Fox Magisk Module Manager

1. Open Fox2Code/Fox Magisk Module Manager
        2. Tap the Modules icon
        3. Locate the Module you want to install
        4. Tap Install
        5. After it installs, tap the Disc Icon to save the install log.
        6. Tap Reboot
      • Update Modules

1. Open Fox2Code/Fox Magisk Module Manager
        2. You, will see the Modules that have Updates.
        3. Tap the Module you want to update.
        4. Tap install.
        5. After it installs, tap the Disc Icon to save the install log.
        6. Tap Reboot
    8. Open a Command Prompt/Boot Fastboot Mode/Boot Recovery

• Open a Command Prompt on Computer
        1. Open File Explorer, click the platform-tools folder ==> click the folder icon (left side of address bar) to highlight it type cmd and press enter.
        2. Open a Powershell Command Prompt on Computer: Open File Explorer, click the platform-tools folder ==> click the folder icon (left side of address bar) to highlight it type powershell and press enter.
        3. Notes:
          • Enable USB Debugging, on your phone: Settings ==> System ==> Advanced ==> Developer options ==> Scroll down to USB debugging and enable it.
          • When using the Powershell Command Prompt Commands must be preceeded with ./: i.e, ./fastboot devices
          • If you do not want to open a Command Prompt every time you want to use the fastboot command, add the path to the Platform-tools folder to Windows environment variables.
      • Boot fastboot mode (bootloader):
        • Power off phone, press and hold the power and volume down buttons until you see Start.
      • Boot Recovery
        • Power off phone, press and hold the power and volume down buttons until you see Start. Use volume up/down button until you see Recovery mode. Press power button.
    9. Test fastboot

• Enable Developer Options - Tap Settings > About phone > Build number 7 times or until you should see 'you are a Developer'.
      • Enable USB Debugging - Tap Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options >
        Enable USB Debugging.
      • Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the Platform-tools folder.
      • Boot fastboot mode on your phone
      • Connect the phone to the Computer.
      • At the prompt type: fastboot devices to verify communication with phone. It should return your phone's serial number.
    10. ADB Sideload

~ ~ ~ Part III - OTHER ~ ~ ~
    1. Custom ROMs

• Need help with a Custom ROM?
        1. If you are you are trying to install or have installed a Custom ROM, read and follow the Installation Instructions in the OP of the Custom ROM thread.
        2. Search the thread of the Custom ROM you are trying to install or have installed for answer(s)/solution(s) to your question(s)/problem(s): If you don't find a answer(s)/solution(s) to your question(s)/problem(s). Post your question(s)/request(s) for help in the Custom ROM thread you are trying to install or have installed.
        3. If you are trying to install a Addon(s) {Custom Kernel, Magisk, etc.} to the Custom ROM you installed: Search the thread of the Custom ROM you installed or the thread of the Addon you want to add to your Custom ROMfor answer(s)/solution(s) to your question(s)/problem(s). If you don't find an answer(s)/solution(s) to your question(s)/problem(s). Post your question(s)/request(s) for help in the Custom ROM or Addon (Custom Kernel, Magisk, etc.) thread.
      • ROMs
        1. Alpha/Beta

• None
        2. Official
        3. Unofficial
    2. Mods
    3. T.W.R.P. Backup/Restore

• Waiting for Android 13 T.W.R.P.
    :) I hope you all have a Joyful Holiday season with your family and loves ones. :)

~ ~ ~ Stay safe ~ ~ ~
    is there a magisk boot img with modules disabled?. i have a boot loop and need a boot img with it disabled.
    You should have your stock image you can push over. I do not think replacing the boot image with another patched image would disable anything. You can also use adb to remove any modules. Regardless heres my patched boot image and the command to remove modules. Power off, connect phone enter this command, hold power button to boot phone.

Patched December build boot image
    here
    For people who are having bootloops with patched boot.img
    Please pay attention to this step in the guide
    Section 7
    Under Patching boot.img
    4- Depending on the version of Magisk Manager installed: Set the Update Channel to Beta or Canary.

Even if you install beta / canary magisk apk, if you don't select the matching channel, you'd get a bootloop, so don't forget that important step.
    Thank you for your help I really appreciate it!
    Absolutely, helping each other is what makes this community work.