How To Guide [Guide] [January 3, 2024] Root Pixel 6 Unlock Bootloader + Pass SafetyNet + Both Slots Bootable + More

Search This thread

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I had no idea the august update was with Android 13, it was only 1.45mb.

Thanks for the instructions on this though. Might have to go through it on my next days off.
Yup, the August 2022 Google Pixel 6 Factory/OTA Image is Android 13.

Factory/OTA Image
13.0.0 (TP1A.220624.021, Aug 2022)
(The 13.0.0 is the Android Version number.)

Build number: TP1A.220624.021

Last edited:

Born<ICs

Oct 29, 2012
GMT -5
The thread title was changed from A12 to A13.

Reason,,
Google does not support Android 12 for the Pixel 6 as of August 2022.
What?
Google still supports A12, Factory Images back to 12.0 Oct 2021 are on Google's site. They have stopped providing further updates to A12 is all.
Some, like me, may want to root last 12.0 version etc and stay on 12.

tiiiit74

Sep 1, 2022
Hi everybody, sorry for my english (G. Translate). Need help please.

[SOLVED] Use a USB A-C cable, another computer and restart Step 2. Thanks for the help provided!

On my Pixel 6 Android 12 stock new out of the box, I started following the instructions.

Unlock bootloader OK.

So i do this :

"Flash Factory Image Wipe Data

• This will wipe your phone's Internal Storage.
  • Open the folder you extracted the Factory Image to and Copy/Move these files to the Platform-tools folder:
    1. bootloader-oriole-....img
    2. flash-all.bat
    3. image-oriole-....zip
    4. radio-oriole-....img
  • On your phone: Boot the bootloader (Power off the phone => Press the Power and Down buttons until you see Start)
  • Connect your phone to the computer.
  • Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the Platform-tools folder and type: flash-all at the Command Prompt and press enter.".
No error but the phone reboot on Fastboot Mode > Start > Google boot animation > Bootloop > continually pressing volume down button during Google boot animation > Fastboot Mode...

I can send commands, it works, but what to do?

I must have forgotten or skipped a step (copy files on the phone before maybe ? must be something I didn't understand), I don't know what to do, can you help me, please ? Thank you very much.

Last edited:

tiiiit74

Sep 1, 2022
I have to use a USB-A cable from my laptop, for example.
I'll try it tomorow in the morning from another computer.

Can you just confirm that at this stage, I didn't have to copy anything before from the computer to the Pixel's memory, just adb commands? I've not forgotten anything ? And from a stock Android 12 to a 13, no problem ?

Last edited:

tiiiit74

Sep 1, 2022
Laptop with A-C USB cable, it seems to be better ! Wait...

"Resizing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.003s]
Resizing 'system_ext_a' OKAY [ 0.003s]
Resizing 'system_b' OKAY [ 0.002s]
Resizing 'vendor_a' OKAY [ 0.001s]
Resizing 'vendor_dlkm_a' OKAY [ 0.002s]
Resizing 'vendor_b' OKAY [ 0.001s]
archive does not contain 'boot_other.img'
archive does not contain 'odm.img'
archive does not contain 'odm_dlkm.img'
extracting product.img (2661 MB) to disk... took 18.286s
archive does not contain 'product.sig'
Resizing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.013s]
Sending sparse 'product_a' 1/11 (262116 KB) OKAY [ 7.327s]
Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 1.018s]
Sending sparse 'product_a' 2/11 (262120 KB) OKAY [ 7.297s]
Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 1.049s]
Sending sparse 'product_a' 3/11 (262128 KB) OKAY [ 7.145s]
Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 1.001s]
Sending sparse 'product_a' 4/11 (262120 KB) OKAY [ 6.819s]
Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.998s]
Sending sparse 'product_a' 5/11 (262120 KB) OKAY [ 6.494s]
Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 1.034s]
Sending sparse 'product_a' 6/11 (262124 KB) OKAY [ 6.857s]
Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 1.033s]
Sending sparse 'product_a' 7/11 (262124 KB) OKAY [ 6.893s]
Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 1.026s]
Sending sparse 'product_a' 8/11 (262128 KB) OKAY [

Edit : @capntrips Thank you very much, it's done !!! Next step tomorrow !!! Have a good...night...day ?

Last edited:
Reactions: capntrips

capntrips

Aug 29, 2020
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6
Can you just confirm that at this stage, I didn't have to copy anything before from the computer to the Pixel's memory, just adb commands? I've not forgotten anything ? And from a stock Android 12 to a 13, no problem ?

Here is the output of flash-all : (no nered to copy flash-all and flash-base.sh inside platform-tools ?)
I see you got it sorted in your last edit, but I figured I would answer the questions, in case any of them are still relevant.

To simply flash the latest firmware, there's no need to copy anything to the device. Once you're ready to root the device, you'll need to copy your firmware's boot image to the device to patch it with Magisk.

As for the upgrade from Android 12 to 13, it is recommended that you at least flash the Android 13 bootloader to both slots after the upgrade, so your device won't be unbootable if it tries to roll back to the previous slot.

If fastboot is on your PATH, there's no need to move anything around. If not, you'll need your scripts, zips, and images to be in the same folder as your fastboot binary to use the flash-all script (or you'll have to modify the script with the path to your binaries and/or images).

Reactions: Homeboy76

tiiiit74

Sep 1, 2022
Thank you very much for your advice !

Not sure I understood everything on the first reading, I will deepen. A (easy 😉) tutorial to make these modifications ?
- I'm ready to root, need to flash the Android 13 bootloader to both slots before ? Or after is OK ?

Edit : i've found !!!

- If I systematically paste the files at the root of SDK Platform Tool (C://SDK Platform Tool for example), I don't modify anything, I can flash-all, it's just, i understand ?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

centifanto

Sep 1, 2022
centifanto.net
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 9
Was successful the second time when using the proper reboot sequence, but I am curious if anyone has insight into what happened in my following scenario the first time around.

Upon flashing my magisk patched boot, disabling verity and verification, I absent mindedly booted to system instead of rebooting to bootloader as I knew better and have done many times with rooting my OnePlus phones. I ended up with the expected "device is corrupted and cannot be trusted" message. I reflashed my patched boot to both slots and made sure to switch slots, but that didn't make the message go away, yet I could still boot, which was odd to me. So I ended up just sideloading the full image in recovery and started over.

Thank you for anyone who can explain what happened :)

capntrips

Aug 29, 2020
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6
Thanks for the reply. What hash is Android looking at to trip this message? I performed the same steps to root after flashing back to stock and I don't get that message anymore. Just curious 🙂
See here for more info. The entire Verified Boot implementation is complex and error prone. It trips for a ton of things (and sometimes seemingly erroneously). Reflashing the boot partition (or even just a fastboot boot) is frequently enough to fix it.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Thanks for the reply. What hash is Android looking at to trip this message? I performed the same steps to root after flashing back to stock and I don't get that message anymore. Just curious 🙂
People have come across this corruption message doing a variety of things, from flashing patched boot images, to flashing kernels to updating monthly security builds in various ways. Here's a better explanation...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[Guide] [January 3, 2024] Root Pixel 6 Unlock Bootloader + Pass SafetyNet + Both Slots Bootable + More
    Android Security Bulletin—January 2024
    Pixel Update Bulletin—January 2023

Introduction
    This Guide is for Pixel 6 owners that want to Root their phone, and enjoy the benefits of rooting it. The Guide is divided into three parts: Information, Instructions, and Other.

~ ~ ~ Part I - INFORMATION ~ ~ ~
    1. Disclaimer

• I assume no responsibility for the malfunctioning/bricking of your phone.
      • If you choose to use a Custom Kernels, Custom ROM, etc. You should read the Installation Instructions in their thread before using this guide or attempting to install them. Additionally, the order of listed items i.e., Custom Kernels, Custom ROMS, etc. Does not indicate my preference for them. It is your responsibility to do the research before selecting them
    2. Prerequisites

3. NEW

• Android 14 Beta QPR2 are up.
        Builds (Factory/OTA) are available for the following Pixel devices:
        1. Google Pixel 5a
        2. Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro
        3. Google Pixel 6a
        4. Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro
        5. Google Pixel 7a
        6. Google Pixel Fold
        7. Google Pixel Tablet
        8. Pixel 8 and 8 Pro
    4. Update(s)

5. My Other Guides
    6. Credits/Thanks/Recognitions

• @topjohnwu - Magisk.
      • @badabing2003 - Creating Pixel Flasher, discovering how to make both slots bootable, and for his many helpful contributions to this thread.
      • @Lughnasadh - for testing badabing2003 make both slots bootable, and his many helpful contributions to this thread.
      • @Shoey - for discovering and testing patching the boot.img using the image...zip file extracted from the Google Factory image file and Magisk.
    ~ ~ ~ Part II - INSTRUCTIONS ~ ~ ~
    (The Instructions listed below are not steps, they are individual sets of instructions for the Pixel 6.)

1. (NEW) PREVENT/FIX BOOT LOOPS

• Prevent Boot Loops
        1. Before you patch the init_boot.img: Open the Magisk app and disable all Magisk modules.
          • If you hid the Magisk app, the default name for a hidden Magisk app is settings.
          • If you changed the hidden name to something else and have forgotten it. Use TB checker to find the name of the hidden Magisk Manager:
            1. Open the TB Checker app
            2. Tap Run Xposed check
            3. Scroll down to Magisk Random Package Name: to see Magisk's hidden name.
        2. Check for more than one installation of Magisk app: Use TB Checker
      • Fix Boot Loops
        1. Flash the 'stock' init_boot.img to both slots to remove root: fastboot flash init_boot init_boot.img --slot all
        2. Boot Safe Mode while booting to remove Magisk Modules:
          • When booting, press and hold your phone's volume down button. Keep holding it until the animation ends and your phone starts in safe mode.
          • Then reboot and magisk modules should be disabled. (Thanks @Lughnasadh)
        3. Use adb shell command, to remove Magisk Modules
          • Press the Power button until the phone turns off.
          • Press the Power and Volume Down to boot fastboot mode.
          • Open a Command Prompt in the Platform-tools folder or the folder that has adb.exe and fastboot.exe in it, and type adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules. When it finishes type fastboot Reboot
    2. Unlock Bootloader/Return Phone to Stock/Lock Bootloader

• Unlock Bootloader

1. This will erase all user data from the device!
        2. Backup your data
        3. Activate Developer Options: Tap Settings > About Phone > Tap Build Number 7 times or until you see you are a Developer. Tap back > System > Advanced > Developer Options. Enable OEM Unlock and, USB Debugging.
        4. Boot fastboot mode
        5. Connect the phone to the Computer with USB cord.
        6. Open a Command Prompt on your computer and type fastboot flashing unlock and press enter.
        7. You should see a request for confirmation on your phone, use the volume keys to scroll and the power key to select.
        8. Allow the process to complete and then type fastboot reboot at the Command Prompt and press enter.
        9. When your phone reboots disconnect your usb cable.
          Notes: After unlocking your bootloader, you'll see a warning: The bootloader is unlocked and... You will see this warning until, you relock the bootloader.
          Do not relock your bootloader until you have returned the device to Stock.
      • Return Phone to Stock

1. Backup your data/Internal storage
        2. Use the Android flash tool:
          select Wipe => Force Flash Partitions => Lock Bootloader.
      • Lock Bootloader

1. If your phone is not 100 percent stock do Return Phone to Stock. If you don't you may brick your phone.
        2. This will erase all user data from the device!
        3. Boot fastboot mode
        4. Open a Command Prompt and type this at the Prompt: fastboot flashing lock
        5. You should see a request for confirmation on your phone, use the volume keys to scroll and the power key to select.
        6. Allow the process to complete, then type this at the Command Prompt: fastboot reboot
        7. Enable Developer Options: Settings > About phone > Tap Build number 7 times or until you see 'you are a developer'.
        8. Tap Back > Developer options and toggle OEM Unlock off.
    3. Manually Install/Update Factory Image keep data or wipe data

• Before you start:

1. If you haven't updated your phones Factory image in a while. It is not necessary to flash all the missed images in succession. Flash the latest Factory image.
        2. If your phone was previously rooted, open Magisk manager and disable all Magisk modules. If you hid the Magisk manager app the default name for the hidden Magisk app is settings.
        3. Always verify you have the latest working version of SDK Platform-Tools installed on your computer.
        4. If you get an errorwhile flashing, try one of these options:
          • Change the USB port to a non charging USB port.
          • Change the USB cord.
          • Change Computers.
        5. If your phone boot loops try one of the following options:
          • Flash the 'stock' init_boot.img to both slots to remove root: fastboot flash init_boot init_boot.img --slot all
          • Boot Safe Mode while booting to remove Magisk Modules
            1. When booting, press and hold your phone's volume down button. Keep holding it until the animation ends and your phone starts in safe mode.
            2. Then reboot and magisk modules should be disabled. (Thanks Lughnasadh)
          • Boot fastboot mode Mode By turning phone off to remove Magisk Modules
            1. Press the Power button until the phone turns off.
            2. Press the Power and Volume Down to boot fastboot mode.
            3. Open a Command Prompt in the Platform-tools folder or the folder that has adb.exe in it, and type adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules
            4. fastboot Reboot
        6. Backup your data
        7. Download the latest Factory Image: Pixel 6 - oriole to your Computer.
        8. Extract files from the Factory Image

• Extract the Factory Image file (oriole-a9a9a.999999.999-factory-99a9a99a.zip) to a folder.
          • Open the folder you extracted the Factory image to, the bootloader...img; flash-all.bat; image...zip; and radio...img files are in this folder. Extract the image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip file to a folder. Open the folder you extracted the image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip file to, the boot.img is in this folder. file should be in this folder.
        9. Copy/Move the bootloader...img; image...zip; and radio...img and boot.img files to your computer's Platform-tools folder, the folder that has fastboot.exe in it.
      • Flash Factory Image Keep Data

1. Updating/Upgrading Android 14
          Note:
          If you are Upgrading your Android Version, It is a good idea to flash the bootloader to both slots (A & B).
          ~ E D I T - flash-all.bat file ~

@Echo off
          PATH=%PATH%;"%SYSTEMROOT%\System32"
          fastboot set_active other
          fastboot reboot-bootloader
          fastboot flash bootloader --slot all bootloader-oriole-aaaaaa-9.9-9999999.img

ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
          fastboot flash radio radio-oriole-a9999a-999999-999999-a-9999999.img
          ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
          fastboot update image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip

echo Press any key to exit...
          pause >nul
          exit
          ~ END EDIT - flash-all.bat file ~
        2. After, you have edited the flash-all.bat file, copy/Move it to your computer's platform-tools folder.
        3. Boot fastboot mode (Power off the phone => Press the Power and Down buttons until you see Start)
        4. Connect your phone to the computer.
        5. Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the platform-tools folder and type: flash-all at the Command Prompt and press enter.
        6. The phone will reboot when flashing is completed.
        7. Go-to Part II - INSTRUCTIONS, 6. Root/Reroot with Magisk and Pass SafetyNet, • Patching the boot.img - to root/reroot.
      • Flash Factory Image Wipe Data

1. This will wipe your phone's Data/Internal Storage.
        2. Do not edit the flash-all.bat file,
        3. Boot fastboot mode (Power off the phone => Press the Power and Down buttons until you see Start)
        4. Connect your phone to the computer.
        5. Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the Platform-tools folder and type: flash-all at the Command Prompt and press enter.
        6. The phone will reboot when flashing is completed.
        7. Go-to Part II - INSTRUCTIONS, 6. Root/Reroot with Magisk and Pass SafetyNet, • Patching the boot.img - to root/reroot.
      • Some kernels require Disabling verity and verification

1. If you need to disable Verity and Verification. Edit the flash-all.bat file, to disable Verity and Verification.
          ~ Edit - flash-all.bat file ~

@Echo off
          PATH=%PATH%;"%SYSTEMROOT%\System32"
          fastboot --set-active=other

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-oriole-aaaaaa-9.9-9999999.img
          ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
          fastboot flash radio radio-oriole-a99999-999999-999999-a-9999999.img
          ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
          fastboot - w update --disable-verity --disable-verification image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.a9.zip
          echo Press any key to exit...
          pause >nul
          exit
          ~ ~ ~ END EDIT ~ ~ ~
        2. Notes:
          • The first time you Disable Verity and Verification it will wipe your Data/Internal Storage.
          • When doing subsequent updates and disabling Verity and Verification, the -w flag can be removed to Keep Data.
          • Once you start Disabling Verity and Verification you should continue doing it. If you skip disabling one time. The next time you Disable Verity and Verification it will wipe your phone.
        3. Copy/Move the edited flash-all.bat file to the platform-tools folder on your computer.
        4. Boot fastboot mode (Power off the phone => Press the Power and Down buttons until you see Start)
        5. Connect your phone to the computer.
        6. Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the Platform-tools folder and type: flash-all at the Command Prompt and press enter.
        7. The phone will reboot when flashing is complete.
        8. Go-to Part II - INSTRUCTIONS, 7. Root/Reroot with Magisk and Pass SafetyNet, • Patching the boot.img - to root/reroot.
      • Setup phone

1. Enable Developer Mode
          • Open Setup => About phone => Tap Build number 7 times or until you see you are a 'Devloper'.
        2. Enable Developer Opitions
          • Open Setup => System => Developer options => Enable Developer options
    4. Manually Install/update the OTA image keep data and root/re-root your phone

• Before you start:

1. If you haven't updated your phones OTA image in a while. It is not necessary to flash all the missed OTA images in succession. Flash the latest OTA image.
        2. If your phone was previously rooted, open Magisk manager and disable all Magisk modules. If you hid the Magisk manager app the default name for the hidden Magisk app is settings.
        3. Always verify you have the latest working version of SDK Platform-Tools installed on your computer.
        4. If you get an error while flashing, try one of these options:
          • Change the USB port to a non charging USB port.
          • Change the USB cord.
          • Change Computers.
        5. If your phone boot loops try one of the following options:
          • Flash the 'stock' boot.img to both slots to remove root: fastboot flash boot boot.img --slot all
          • Boot Safe Mode while booting to remove Magisk Modules
            1. When booting, press and hold your phone's volume down button. Keep holding it until the animation ends and your phone starts in safe mode.
            2. Then reboot and magisk modules should be disabled. (Thanks Lughnasadh)
          • Boot fastboot mode by turning phone off to remove Magisk Modules
            1. Press the Power button until the phone turns off.
            2. Press the Power and Volume Down to boot fastboot mode.
            3. Open a Command Prompt in the Platform-tools folder or the folder that has adb.exe in it, and type adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules
            4. fastboot Reboot
        6. Backup your data
        7. Download files to your phone
        8. Extract the image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip file from the Factory Image.

• Extract the Factory Image file (oriole-a9a9a.999999.999-factory-99a9a99a.zip) to a folder.
          • Open the folder you extracted the Factory image to, the image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip file should be in this folder.
        9. Copy/Move the image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip file and the oriole-ota-aa9a.999999.999-aaaa9999.zip to your computer's Platform-tools folder, the folder that has adb.exe in it.
      • Patch the boot.img

1. Open Magisk (next to Magisk)
        2. Tap Install
        3. Tap Select and patch a file
        4. Navigate to the image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip file
        5. Tap it then tap the check mark (✓)
        6. Tap Lets go
        7. When you see done the boot.img has been patched (magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img), and stored in the download folder.
        8. Tap the disc icon (upper right corner) to save the log file.
        9. Reboot
        10. Copy/Move the magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img file to your computer's Platform-tools folder, the folder that has fastboot.exe in it:
          1. Copy it to a USB drive and transfer it to your computer.
          2. Move it to your computer using adb push
      • Sideload the Google OTA image file and Root it

1. With the device powered on, booted, USB debugging enabled, and the phone connected to the computer. Type adb reboot sideload
        2. Type:
          adb sideload oriole-ota-aa9a.999999.999-aaaa9999.zip at the command prompt and press Enter.
        3. When side loading the OTA image finishes, you should see this:
          • On your computer,
            C:\platform-tools (location of folder with adb and OTA image in it)>adb sideload oriole-ota-up1a.999999.999-9a99a999.
            Total xfer: 2.00x
            C:\platform-tools>
          • On your phone, ...status 0
        4. Type adb reboot bootloader at the command prompt and press Enter.
      • Root this slot - Flash the Magisk_patched....img

1. Type: fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-99999_aA99a.img at the command prompt and press Enter.
        2. When it finishes flashing, type fastboot reboot at the command prompt and press Enter.
        3. Disconnect the phone from the computer.
        4. Note: This slot is bootable and rooted.
    5. Make Both Slots Bootable: Manually, Flash the OTA Image to Both Slots - One bootable and rooted, the other slot bootable without root.

• Before you start

1. On the Phone
          • Backup your data
          • Enable Developer Options: Tap Settings > About Phone > Tap Build Number 7 times or until you see you are a Developer.
          • Enable USB Debugging: Tap Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options. Enable USB Debugging.
          • Make sure that there is no pending OTA update, by going to Settings > About phone > System updates, which should say Your system is up to date.
          • Download files
            1. The latest Factory Image: Pixel 6 - oriole
            2. The latest OTA Image: Pixel 6 - oriole
            3. Verify the checksum of the Factory and OTA images. The last portion of the filename is the first 8 digits of its SHA-256 checksum; the full SHA-256 checksum is shown next to the download link.
          • Extract the image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip file from the Factory Image.

1. Extract the Factory Image file (oriole-a9a9a.999999.999-factory-99a9a99a.zip) to a folder.
            2. Open the folder you extracted the Factory image to, the image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip file should be in this folder.
          • Copy/Move the image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip file and the oriole-ota-aa9a.999999.999-aaaa9999.zip to your computer's Platform-tools folder, the folder that has adb.exe in it.
          • Patch the boot.img:

1. Note: Before patching the boot.img disable all Magisk modules.
            2. Open the Magisk (Alpha/Beta/Canary/Delta/Stable) App and set the Update Channel to the version of Magisk app you installed.
            3. Open Magisk (next to Magisk)
            4. Tap Install
            5. Tap Select and patch a file
            6. Navigate to the image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip file
            7. Tap it then tap the check mark (✓)
            8. Tap Lets go
            9. When you see done, the boot.img has been patched (magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img), and is stored in the download folder.
            10. Tap the disc icon (upper right corner) to save the log.
            11. Tap Reboot
          • Copy/Move the magisk_patched....img file to your computer's Platform-tools folder or the folder that has fastboot.exe in it.
          • Connect the phone to the computer.
        2. On your Computer
          • Open a Command Prompt in the Platform-tools folder.
      • (Optional): Verify your computer sees your device.

1. With the device powered on, booted, USB debugging enabled, and the phone connected to the computer.
          Note: If you see the Allow USB Debugging prompt, on your phone, Tap Allow.
        2. Type adb devices at the command prompt and press Enter. You should see your device's serial number.
      • Sideload the Google OTA image file

1. With the device powered on, booted, USB debugging enabled, and the phone connected to the computer.
          Note: If you see the Allow USB Debugging prompt, on your phone, Tap Allow.
        2. Type adb reboot sideload at the command prompt and press Enter.
        3. Type: adb sideload oriole-ota-aa9a.999999.999-aaaa9999.zip at the command prompt and press Enter.
        4. When side loading the OTA image finishes, you should see this:
          • On your computer,
            C:\platform-tools (location of folder with adb and OTA image in it)>adb sideload oriole-ota-up1a.999999.999-9a99a999.
            Total xfer: 2.00x
            C:\platform-tools>
          • On your phone, ...status 0
        5. Type adb reboot at the command prompt and press Enter.
        6. Note: This slot is bootable and not rooted
      • Sideload the Google OTA image file to the other slot and Root it.

1. Type adb reboot sideload at the command prompt and press Enter
        2. Type:
          adb sideload oriole-ota-aa9a.999999.999-aaaa9999.zip at the command prompt and press Enter.
        3. When sideloading finishes, type adb reboot bootloader at the command prompt and press Enter.
          Root this slot - Flash the Magisk_patched....img
        1. Type: fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-99999_aA99a.img at the command prompt and press Enter.
        2. When it finishes flashing, type fastboot reboot at the command prompt and press Enter.
        3. Disconnect the phone from the computer.
        4. Note: This slot is bootable and rooted.
        5. Done! :)
    6. Extract files from the Factory Image

1. Download the latest Factory image to your phone.
      2. Extract the Factory Image file (oriole-a9a9a.999999.999-factory-99a9a99a.zip) to a folder. The, stock, flash-all.bat file should be in this folder.
      3. Open the folder you extracted the Factory image to and extract the Image file (image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip) into the folder. The flash-all bat and, the stock boot.img file should be in this folder.
    7. Root/Reroot with Magisk and Pass SafetyNet.

• Android 14

• Upgrade to Android 14: OP, Part II - INSTRUCTIONS, 2., 3., or 4.
      • Patching the boot.img - to root/reroot.

1. Important Notes
          • If your phone was previously rooted, DO NOT repeat DO NOT install another Magisk Manager app. Do this before you patch the boot.img:
            1. Open the Magisk Manager app and disable all Magisk modules.
            2. If you hid the Magisk manager app the default name for the hidden Magisk app is settings. If you gave it a different name and you've forgotten the name. Use TB checker to find the name of the hidden Magisk Manager:
              • Open the TB Checker app
              • Tap Run Xposed check
              • Scroll down to Magisk Random Package Name: to see Magisk's hidden name.
                You can also use TB Checker to check if you have more than one Magisk Manager app installed.
          • If your phone boot loops try one of the following options:
            • Flash the 'stock' boot.img to both slots to remove root: fastboot flash boot boot.img --slot all
            • Remove Magisk Modules
              1. Boot Safe Mode
                • When booting, press and hold your phone's volume down button. Keep holding it until the animation ends and your phone starts in safe mode.
                • Then reboot and magisk modules should be disabled. (Thanks Lughnasadh)
              2. Command Prompt
                • Press the Power button until the phone turns off.
                • Press the Power and Volume Down to boot fastboot mode.
                • Open a Command Prompt in the Platform-tools folder or the folder that has adb.exe in it, and type adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules
                • fastboot Reboot.
          • If the Magisk Manager app has the Superuser and Module buttons grayed out: Read @badabing2003 post
        2. Extract the image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip file from the Factory Image and Patch the boot.img file.
          • Download the latest Factory image to your phone.
          • Open the folder you extracted the Factory image to, the Image file (image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip) file should be in this folder.
        3. Install Magisk Manager App Beta, Canary, or Stable
        4. Open Magisk Manager App
        5. Tap the Settings icon, tap Update Channel, and set the version to the version you Installed.
        6. Tap the back arrow (<--) at the top next to Settings
        7. Tap Install, top right corner next to Magisk
        8. Tap, Select and Patch a File
        9. Select the image-oriole-aa9a.999999.999.zip file you extracted from the latest factory image.
        10. Tap the ✓ (Check Mark)
        11. Tap Let's Go
        12. When you see done the boot.img has been patched (magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img), and stored in the download folder.
        13. Tap the disc icon (upper right corner) to save the log file.
        14. Reboot
        15. Copy/Move the magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img file to your computer's Platform-tools folder or the folder that has fastboot.exe in it:
          • Copy it to a USB drive and transfer it to your computer.
          • Move it to your computer using adb push
        16. Boot fastboot mode
        17. Connect the phone to the Computer with USB cord.
        18. Open a Command Prompt in the Platform-tools folder.
        19. Type fastboot flash boot "magisk_patched...img" (name of patched.img file) without the quote marks at the Prompt and press enter.
        20. Type fastboot reboot at the Prompt and press enter.
      • Pass Safety Net with SafetyNet Fork

1. Download File(s)
        2. Install osm0sis PlayIntegrityFork
          • Open Magisk
          • Tap Modules icon
          • Tap Install from storage
          • Navigate to the osm0sis PlayIntegrityFork file you downloaded.
          • Tap the osm0sis PlayIntegrityFork file.
          • When you see the confirmation screen, tap Ok.
          • After it installs tap the Disc icon to save the log
          • Tap Reboot
        3. Settings for Magisk Canary
          • Open Magisk App
          • Tap the Setup icon.
          • Scroll down to App and set the Update Channel to Canary.
          • Scroll down to Check Updates and enable it.
          • Scroll down to Magisk and enable Zygisk.
          • Enable Denylist
          • Tap Configure DenyList => Tap 3 Dot Menu => Check ✓ Show system apps => Check ✓ Google Play Store, Google Pay, Google Wallet etc.
          • (Optional) Scroll down to Superuser and Enable Biometric Authentication.
        4. Get Device Certified
          • Flash the osm0sis PlayIntegrityFork module in Magisk
          • Turn Airplane mode on
          • Open Settings
          • Tap Apps & notifications
          • Tap see all...
          • Tap three dot menu
          • Tap Show system
          • Scroll to Google Wallet/Play Store/Play Services
          • Clear Google Wallet cache (if you have it)
          • Clear Google Play Store cache and data
          • Clear Google Play Services (com.google.android.gms) cache and data (Optionally skip clearing data and wait some time, ~24h, for it to resolve on its own)
          • Turn Airplane mode Off
          • Reboot
        5. Check Device Certification
          • Note: If after completeting Get Device Certified your device is not certifed or your device is certified but certain apps (Google Pay, NetFliks, etc.) are not working. Do this to verify you are passing Play Integrity.
            1. Open Google Play Store app
            2. Tap your profile icon (top right corner)
            3. Tap Settings.
            4. Open the About menu
            5. Tap the row labeled Play Store version seven times to unlock developer mode.
            6. Tap the back arrow (upper left corner)
            7. Tap your profile icon (top right corner)
            8. Tap Settings.
            9. Open the General menu
            10. Tap Developer options
            11. Tap Check integrity
            12. If you see Basic Integrity and Device Integrity, you're passing Play integrity.
    8. Set Magisk App Update Channel/Update Magisk

• Set Magisk App Update Channel

• Open Magisk App > Tap Settings icon > Update Channel > Select Stable, Beta, Canary or Custom.
      • Update Magisk

1. When Magisk App notifies you of an update:
        2. Tap install.
        3. Select, Direct Install (Recommended)
        4. When it finishes installing
        5. Tap, Save Log
        6. Log location: /storage/emulated/0/Download
        7. Tap, Reboot
        8. Done!
    9. Install/Update Magisk Modules

10. Open a Command Prompt/Boot Fastboot Mode/Boot Recovery

• Open a Command Prompt on Computer
        1. Open File Explorer, click the platform-tools folder ==> click the folder icon (left side of address bar) to highlight it type cmd and press enter.
        2. Open a Powershell Command Prompt on Computer: Open File Explorer, click the platform-tools folder ==> click the folder icon (left side of address bar) to highlight it type powershell and press enter.
        3. Notes:
          • Enable USB Debugging, on your phone: Settings ==> System ==> Advanced ==> Developer options ==> Scroll down to USB debugging and enable it.
          • When using the Powershell Command Prompt Commands must be preceeded with ./: i.e, ./fastboot devices
          • If you do not want to open a Command Prompt every time you want to use the fastboot command, add the path to the Platform-tools folder to Windows environment variables.
      • Boot fastboot mode (bootloader):
        • Power off phone, press and hold the power and volume down buttons until you see Start.
      • Boot Recovery
        • Power off phone, press and hold the power and volume down buttons until you see Start. Use volume up/down button until you see Recovery mode. Press power button.
    11. Test fastboot

• Enable Developer Options - Tap Settings > About phone > Build number 7 times or until you should see 'you are a Developer'.
      • Enable USB Debugging - Tap Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options >
        Enable USB Debugging.
      • Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the Platform-tools folder.
      • Boot fastboot mode on your phone
      • Connect the phone to the Computer.
      • At the prompt type: fastboot devices to verify communication with phone. It should return your phone's serial number.
    12. ADB Sideload

~ ~ ~ Part III - OTHER ~ ~ ~
    1. Custom ROMs

• Need help with a Custom ROM?

1. If you are trying to install a Custom ROM, read and follow the Installation Instructions in the OP of the Custom ROM thread.
        2. If you have questions, search the thread of the Custom ROM you are trying to install for answer(s)/solution(s) to your question(s)/problem(s)[/B]: If you don't find a answer(s)/solution(s) to your question(s)/problem(s). Post your question(s)/request(s) for help in the Custom ROM thread you are trying to install.
        3. Try installing it with 📳🔥 PixelFlasher, a GUI tool for flashing / updating / rooting / managing Pixel phones..
        4. If you are trying to install a Addon(s) {Custom Kernel, Magisk, etc.} to the Custom ROM you installed: Search the thread of the Custom Kernel, Magisk, etc. you want to install for installation instructions, and answer(s)/solution(s) to your question(s)/problem(s) about the Custom Kernel, Magisk, etc. If you don't find an answer(s)/solution(s) to your question(s)/problem(s). Post your question(s)/request(s) for help in the Custom Kernel, Magisk, etc.) thread.
      • ROMs
    2. Themes, Apps, and Mods
    3. T.W.R.P. Backup/Restore

• Waiting for Android 14 T.W.R.P.
    I have modified the OP to make it easier to use. It has been divided into three parts: Information, Instructions, and Other.
    Tip: Read the, entire, Information Part first, then the Instructions for the operation you want to preform i.e., Install Factory image: Read Install/Update Factory Image keep data or wipe data, etc.
    Thank you both @Lughnasadh and @capntrips!

What's odd is I did reflash my boot image thinking that would fix but it didn't, had to reflash anew from sideload.

Thanks again for the info
    Yeah, sometimes flashing an old boot image (it will fail to boot) and then flashing a new boot image works. Sometimes sideloading an OTA works. Sometimes just waiting for the next monthly OTA works. It's a crazy thing with this Pixel 6 series and the changes that have come with it.
    Update
    SDK Platform-tools - r33.0.3