How To Guide [Guide] [January 3, 2024] Root Pixel 7 Pro Unlock Bootloader + Pass SafetyNet + Both Slots Bootable + More

Search This thread

simplepinoi177

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Some people can not read:

foamerman said:
...I'll be getting my 7pro tomorrow from Google I'm hoping it will have the Global version on it...

Homeboy76 said
"Your carrier is Verizon so use the Verizon factory/ota image if it is available. If it is not available use the Global factory/ota image."

Sometime, there is no Verizon monthly factory/ota image posted or it is posted after the Global factory/ota image is posted.

Thank you for explaining the reason one should use the Verizon factory/ota image if their carrier is Verizon.
geez man....damn....thanks for calling me out on missing TWO WORDS "from Google" as it was rather late...guess it means i must never read every single word of every single post and I guess it means i'm just one of those "some people just can not read" all the time...was just trying to help...

Requested a temporary SIM unlock from T-Mobile; explained that I was traveling out of country and that past pixels had come unlocked ;p . My request was granted and I was given a 30 day SIM unlock for my Pixel 7 pro. System -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking is greyed out with the message "Connect to the internet or contact your carrier". I did a little more searching and other users mentioned this going away 3 days after connecting to mobile data/wifi; Hopefully this is the case for my pixel haha
This isn't a chat room! Stay on topic!

geez man....damn....thanks for calling me out on missing TWO WORDS "from Google" as it was rather late...guess it means i must never read every single word of every single post and I guess it means i'm just one of those "some people just can not read" all the time...was just trying to help...
People should be called out when they don't read. What "help" can you offer if you don't read? The help needed was already given.

Considering the post is on bootloader unlocking, I am seeing if anybody else has dealt with this issue... I'm also sure there are some members with the T-Mobile pixel who may be interested in this if it works out...
No your post is about maybe getting an unlocked bootloader from a sim unlock. This is a guide not a development forum on tmobile locked bootloader. Now grow up and stop arguing nonsense.

Reactions: Homeboy76

simplepinoi177

Forum Moderator
Staff member
People should be called out when they don't read. What "help" can you offer if you don't read? The help needed was already given.
It wasn't about not reading...it was a simple mistake of mis-reading due to it being late and simply overlooking two words. I guess you never make any simple mistakes like that.

And some help was already given; I was attempting to give supplementary help in terms of the benefits of running the Verizon image vs. the global one which wasn't discussed. Also, I was just making sure the person knew the difference between the two variants -- in case he might want to stop or reverse the transaction to switch to the variant from Google; albeit this is a simple mistake for bringing up on my part for missing the two words "from google".
I would hope that it would have been productive and just as helpful to point out if that was the case (if not to that person, then to any other user that might be reading here just to learn)....

Requested a temporary SIM unlock from T-Mobile; explained that I was traveling out of country and that past pixels had come unlocked ;p . My request was granted and I was given a 30 day SIM unlock for my Pixel 7 pro. System -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking is greyed out with the message "Connect to the internet or contact your carrier". I did a little more searching and other users mentioned this going away 3 days after connecting to mobile data/wifi; Hopefully this is the case for my pixel haha
I have a new Google unlocked phone, in order to Enable OEM Unlocking you need to have a connection to the internet or cell, otherwise it will remained greyed out.... GL!

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
It wasn't about not reading...it was a simple mistake of mis-reading due to it being late and simply overlooking two words. I guess you never make any simple mistakes like that.

And some help was already given; I was attempting to give supplementary help in terms of the benefits of running the Verizon image vs. the global one which wasn't discussed. Also, I was just making sure the person knew the difference between the two variants -- in case he might want to stop or reverse the transaction to switch to the variant from Google; albeit this is a simple mistake for bringing up on my part for missing the two words "from google".
I would hope that it would have been productive and just as helpful to point out if that was the case (if not to that person, then to any other user that might be reading here just to learn)....
I may have called you out for your mis-reading but I also thanked you for your contribution to the question.

All is forgiven: Your mis-reading, my reacting to it. Let's move on, or we all will be making the OT mistake. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: simplepinoi177

jake.99x3

Jul 7, 2013
Richmond
No your post is about maybe getting an unlocked bootloader from a sim unlock. This is a guide not a development forum on tmobile locked bootloader. Now grow up and stop arguing nonsense.
Yes and in order to follow the guide and unlock the bootloader you need to be SIM unlocked correct? Ironic you desire to reduce clutter from this thread yet you fill it with these nonsensical replies. Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Sims unlocking means you can change sim card/carriers. It does not mean you can unlock the bootloader OEM unlock your phone.

simplepinoi177

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Considering the post is on bootloader unlocking, I am seeing if anybody else has dealt with this issue... I'm also sure there are some members with the T-Mobile pixel who may be interested in this if it works out...

Sims unlocking means you can change sim card/carriers. It does not mean you can unlock the bootloader OEM unlock your phone.
I think in certain cases getting sim unlocked also means being able to unlock the bootloader as well...
I think there might be some misattributing going on here...jake.99x3 might be getting what is capable with AT&T mixed up with T-Mobile (and/or might be mistaken in thinking that AT&T policy applies to T-Mo...)

According to Superguy in the quoted post below...AT&T can have its bootloader unlocked once it is SIM unlocked...it may(probably) isn't that case for T-Mo...
Some more than others. AT&T is unlockable once it's SIM unlocked. T-Mo's requires as server side unlock. On Verizon you're just screwed.

The factory unlocked will be the least hassle if use their financing or are willing to pay up front. Otherwise, you'll have to find other means to unlock AT&T or T-Mo versions.
In any case, according to Superguy, jake.99x3 would have to somehow get T-Mo to unlock it on their "server side"...not simply SIM unlock it...

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I think in certain cases getting sim unlocked also means being able to unlock the bootloader as well...
I think there might be some misattributing going on here...jake.99x3 might be getting what is capable with AT&T mixed up with T-Mobile (and/or might be mistaken in thinking that AT&T policy applies to T-Mo...)

According to Superguy in the quoted post below...AT&T can have its bootloader unlocked once it is SIM unlocked...it may(probably) isn't that case for T-Mo...

In any case, according to Superguy, jake.99x3 would have to somehow get T-Mo to unlock it on their "server side"...not simply SIM unlock it...
@Superguy @jake.99x3
One of the Prerequisites of using this Guide is: A Pixel 7 Pro phone with an unlockable bootloader. See OP, ~ ~ ~ Part I - INFORMATION ~ ~ ~ 2. Prerequisites

If you do not have a Pixel 7 Pro with an unlockable bootloader the instructions, in this Guide, to root your Pixel 7 Pro will not work.

So, as @Slim2none4u stated, trying to use this Guide to get your bootloader unlocked is OT.

If you purchased you Pixel 7 Pro from these wireless carriers: AT&T or T-Mobile

The links below explain their policy to get your device/phone unlocked.
Note: Your device/phone must have an unlocked bootloader to root it.
  1. AT&TUnlock your device Requirements
  2. T-Mobile device unlock

Last edited:
Reactions: Slim2none4u
I just got mine delivered via FedEx from Spectrum and it came already on Android 13, it just updated to the most recent Security Update after setup.
Just wondering if unlock & root is still possible and which of all these steps I would need to follow?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130-193739.png
    Screenshot_20221130-193739.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20221130-194713.png
    Screenshot_20221130-194713.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 66

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I just got mine delivered via FedEx from Spectrum and it came already on Android 13, it just updated to the most recent Security Update after setup.
Just wondering if unlock & root is still possible and which of all these steps I would need to follow?
It looks like OEM unlock is greyed out.
That usually means your bootloader is not unlockable. If your bootloader is not unlockable, you cannot root your phone.

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Ya, it's locked until I pay it off then, I guess, they give me an unlock code.
It's a nice, long 2 year contract but thx for the answers, I was hoping it'd still be an option
Before you pay it off, I would call the Carrier that you brought your phone from (Spectrum/Verizon) and ask them will they unlock the bootloader if you pay off the phone.

Why?
First, most (not all) carriers only do a Sim Card unlock. You can check their Unlock Policy via the links below.

Second, if you want to root your phone the bootloader must be Unlocked.
  1. Spectrum Mobile Device Unlocking Policies
  2. Verizon Device Unlocking Policies

Reactions: Slim2none4u

Gruber008

Jul 17, 2011
Split
Is it alright if I use stable Magisk on my 7 Pro?
I mean, everything is working so I'm confused why's everyone suggesting to use canary version of Magisk.
If it's necessary to use canary, what's the easiest way to switch from stable to canary, do I need to re-flash init_boot?

Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you root ANY pixel 7 pro, it's a fact, it's a matter of time before your phone randomly gets corrupted, especially if you accidently reinstall a system app on a rooted phone that previously removed it. Do that and your root will instantly go corrupt and it'll boot to a corruption message and stay there. I tried every method of pixel flasher to save data and none worked.
    It is a fact. Try re-installing a cellular provider system app and watch your phone go corrupt.
    IT CAN CORRUPT YOUR PHONE. it's a matter of time especially if you tinker a specific way or just allow auto updating.
    So many ways root goes bad and very little that keep it running smooth.
    I've owned and rooted a Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, two Pixel 5's, and two Pixel 7 Pros, all for 2 or 3 years of use -- it is not a "matter of time" that it gets corrupted. I've never had such issues for the last 7 years. And it's only been a superior & smooth experience being rooted -- other than the recent (since Nov.) root detecting from Play Integrity checking.

Messing with system files is always a risk -- it has nothing to do with having root access, it's what you choose to do with said access (like messing with system files).
    If anything, this is why you take backups before doing anything of the sort -- nandroid reigns supreme but unavailable currently -- or you use proper root backup app options that know how to properly backup and re-implement them (Titanium Backup, Swift Backup). You're not supposed to try and troubleshoot it with tools (PixelFlasher, ADB App Control) after the fact and expect to be able to recover all the data -- then blame the tool for not being able to!
    When I rooted my pixel 7 pro with magisk and pixel flasher it was a combination of many things to get it to work right. You must be on older security patch first of all. Mine was on May 5th 2023. CTS profile was mismatching until I picked a older model phone, I think nexus 5 or pixel 3. Safetynet fixes I had to install one over another to get it to work with CTS testing and passing.
    I had LSposed and many good modules. I was loving it. Phone ran fine but due to my phones thumbprint I encountered a app or 2 that wouldn't install from playstore but would install via 3rd party install.
    I ended up with a corrupted phone after a year. No recovery effort worked. None. I even contacted the creator of pixel flasher and all he did was get annoyed at me from the start. Even his "fixes" didnt work to save my data.
    In the end, I had to restore my phone and wipe it and I lost all kinds of data.
    However I found using ADB AppControl (I paid for full version) was all the control I needed on my phones. To me it's way better. I debloated every app associated with Google except 2 for functionality and deleted GBs of apps and spy crap. I highly recommend going this route.
    Do that and your root will instantly go corrupt and it'll boot to a corruption message and stay there. I tried every method of pixel flasher to save data and none worked.
    If you want to be happy, ADB AppControl is the only tool you need. In the end I just wanted root for old reasons that are obsolete today.
    You can achieve privacy and debloat and all kinds of manipulation with ADB AppControl.
    That's my 25¢
    If you root ANY pixel 7 pro, it's a fact, it's a matter of time before your phone randomly gets corrupted, especially if you accidently reinstall a system app on a rooted phone that previously removed it.
    Are you working for Google and trying to convert us to the PI gods?

Joking aside, I'm happy that you feel the need for root/unlocked bootloader is behind you. But this statement you made is not true at all. Just because it has happened to you, and I'm sorry it did, doesn't mean that it will happen to all of us. It is not a fact and I am proof of this. I have debloated, rooted, messing around with system files etc. and never gotten a corrupted system from this.
    It is a fact. Try re-installing a cellular provider system app and watch your phone go corrupt.
    This happens 10 times out of 10. It only depends on which cellular provider system app it is that overwrites the current cellular app handling hotspot.
    No offense but what i said isn't Google propaganda dude. I hate Google. Im just warming and advising that root is pretty much I needed to achieve debloating and privacy security and if you want it for further modding, sure, I get it, but given time and tinkering it will lead to system corruption.
    Apologies, I won't debate whether root is worth it or not, but to me this sounds like it's not a root problem or a PixelFlasher problem, it's an issue you faced after trying to reinstall a system app that shouldn't have been debloated in the first place (referring to your words about deleting GBs of apps).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I have not tried to uninstall and re-install any cellular provider system app but your statement:

If you root ANY pixel 7 pro, it's a fact, it's a matter of time before your phone randomly gets corrupted, especially if you accidently reinstall a system app on a rooted phone that previously removed it.

implies that no matter what you do, as long as you're rooted, your system WILL be corrupted, it's only a matter of time. This is not true.
    I can uninstall any specific system apps and it will corrupt my system, sure, but that is because it's needed to run. That doesn't mean that root itself will cause system corruptness, only your actions.
    You said specifically "especially", which might be true but further implies that it's not just because you're modifying system files that's making it corrupt, but root itself.

I'm not trying to be rude, it's just that you're blaming root for making your system corrupted, not your own actions. I don't want misinformation to spread in case someone new is watching this thread and gets scared for the wrong reasons.

Agreed.

The only way that root *might* be involved in these scenarios is indirectly; i.e., because root is normally needed to "reinstall a system app". In other words, it's not root itself, but the *misuse* of one of the capabilities that's associated with root (messing with system apps in this way is indeed often an example of misuse).

I have run rooted Pixel phones -- including Pixel 7 -- for literally *years*, and nothing like this has ever happened ... and I have successfully installed, un-installed, re-installed, replaced, etc. etc. etc. literally dozens of different non-system apps during this time. I can say the same thing about the non-Pixel phones I have also owned over the years: Samsung, OnePlus, and a few other brands.

But I never tried to reinstall or uninstall a system app that came with the phone ... because many people (including myself) know how dangerous that can be. @missionman's problems are specifically involved with that kind dangerous and non-recommended action, and not with rooting itself.
    I totally agree with @Fishawy, @BunnyPig1, and @simplepinoi177 .

Another way to state the point that all four of us have been making here is this:

If you're careless and inattentive and unwilling learn how to avoid known risky and unrecommended actions associated with rooting an Android device, then you probably should not even try to root any Android phones ... unless you *want* to eventually end up with a hosed device.

[Guide] [January 3, 2024] Root Pixel 7 Pro Unlock Bootloader + Pass SafetyNet + Both Slots Bootable + More
    Android Security Bulletin—January 2024
    Pixel Update Bulletin—January 2023

Introduction
    This Guide is for Pixel 7 Pro owners that want to Root their phone, and enjoy the benefits of rooting it. The Guide is divided into three parts: Information, Instructions, and Other.

~ ~ ~ Part I - INFORMATION ~ ~ ~
    1. Disclaimer

• I assume no responsibility for the malfunctioning/bricking of your phone.
      • If you choose to use a Custom Kernels, Custom ROM, etc. You should read the Installation Instructions in their thread before using this guide or attempting to install them. Additionally, the order of listed items i.e., Custom Kernels, Custom ROMS, etc. Does not indicate my preference for them. It is your responsibility to do the research before selecting them.
    2. Prerequisites

3. NEW

• Android 14 Beta QPR2 are up.
        Builds (Factory/OTA) are available for the following Pixel devices:
        1. Google Pixel 5a
        2. Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro
        3. Google Pixel 6a
        4. Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro
        5. Google Pixel 7a
        6. Google Pixel Fold
        7. Google Pixel Tablet
        8. Pixel 8 and 8 Pro
    4. Update(s)

5. My Other Guides
    6. Credits/Thanks/Recognitions

• @topjohnwu - Magisk.
      • @badabing2003 - Creating Pixel Flasher, and discovering how to make both slots bootable.
      • @Lughnasadh - for testing badabing2003 make both slots bootable on his Pixels 7 pro and 6 Pro.
      • @Shoey - for discovering and testing patching the init_boot.img using the full Google OTA image file and Magisk (see - OP, ~ ~ ~ Part II - INSTRUCTIONS ~ ~ ~, 3. or 4.)
    ~ ~ ~ Part II - INSTRUCTIONS ~ ~ ~
    (The Instructions listed below are not steps, they are individual sets of instructions for the Pixel 7 Pro.)

1. (NEW) PREVENT/FIX BOOT LOOPS

• Prevent Boot Loops
        1. Before you patch the init_boot.img: Open the Magisk app and disable all Magisk modules.
          • If you hid the Magisk app, the default name for a hidden Magisk app is settings.
          • If you changed the hidden name to something else and have forgotten it. Use TB checker to find the name of the hidden Magisk Manager:
            1. Open the TB Checker app
            2. Tap Run Xposed check
            3. Scroll down to Magisk Random Package Name: to see Magisk's hidden name.
        2. Check for more than one installation of Magisk app: Use TB Checker
      • Fix Boot Loops
        1. Flash the 'stock' init_boot.img to both slots to remove root: fastboot flash init_boot init_boot.img --slot all
        2. Boot Safe Mode while booting to remove Magisk Modules:
          • When booting, press and hold your phone's volume down button. Keep holding it until the animation ends and your phone starts in safe mode.
          • Then reboot and magisk modules should be disabled. (Thanks @Lughnasadh)
        3. Use adb shell command, to remove Magisk Modules
          • Press the Power button until the phone turns off.
          • Press the Power and Volume Down to boot fastboot mode.
          • Open a Command Prompt in the Platform-tools folder or the folder that has adb.exe and fastboot.exe in it, and type adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules. When it finishes type fastboot Reboot
    2. Unlock Bootloader/Return Phone to Stock and Lock the Bootloader

• Unlock Bootloader

1. This will erase all user data from the device!
        2. Backup your data
        3. Activate Developer Options: Tap Settings > About Phone > Tap Build Number 7 times or until you see you are a Developer. Tap back > System > Advanced > Developer Options. Enable OEM Unlock and, USB Debugging.
        4. Boot fastboot mode
        5. Connect the phone to the Computer with USB cord.
        6. Open a Command Prompt on your computer and type fastboot flashing unlock and press enter.
        7. You should see a request for confirmation on your phone, use the volume keys to scroll and the power key to select.
        8. Allow the process to complete and then type fastboot reboot at the Command Prompt and press enter.
        9. When your phone reboots disconnect your usb cable.
          Notes: After unlocking your bootloader, you'll see a warning: The bootloader is unlocked and... You will see this warning until, you relock the bootloader.
          Do not relock your bootloader until you have returned the device to Stock.
      • Returning your Phone to Stock and Locking the bootloader

1. Notes:
          • If your phone is not 100 percent stock and you do fastboot flashing lock you may brick your phone.
          • Uninstall Magisk
          • Backup your data/Internal storage
        2. Use the Android flash tool:
          select Wipe => Force Flash Partitions => Lock Bootloader.
        3. When the Android Flash Tool finishes returning your phone to stock you can disable OEM unlock and USB debugging
          • Setup your phone
          • Open Settings => About phone, tap Build number 7 times (you should see you are a developer)
          • Tap Back => System => Developer options and disable OEM unlock and USB debugging.
    3. Manually Install/Update Factory Image keep data or wipe data

• Before you start:

1. If you haven't updated your phones Factory image in a while. It is not necessary to flash all the missed images in succession. Flash the latest Factory image.
        2. If your phone was previously rooted, open Magisk manager and disable all Magisk modules. If you hid the Magisk manager app the default name for the hidden Magisk app is settings.
        3. Always verify you have the latest working version of SDK Platform-Tools installed on your computer.
        4. If you get an errorwhile flashing, try one of these options:
          • Change the USB port to a non charging USB port.
          • Change the USB cord.
          • Change Computers.
        5. If your phone boot loops try one of the following options:
          • Flash the 'stock' init_boot.img to both slots to remove root: fastboot flash init_boot init_boot.img --slot all
          • Boot Safe Mode while booting to remove Magisk Modules
            1. When booting, press and hold your phone's volume down button. Keep holding it until the animation ends and your phone starts in safe mode.
            2. Then reboot and magisk modules should be disabled. (Thanks Lughnasadh)
          • Boot fastboot mode Mode By turning phone off to remove Magisk Modules
            1. Press the Power button until the phone turns off.
            2. Press the Power and Volume Down to boot fastboot mode.
            3. Open a Command Prompt in the Platform-tools folder or the folder that has adb.exe in it, and type adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules
            4. fastboot Reboot
        6. Backup your data
        7. Download the latest Factory Image: Pixel 7 Pro - cheetah to your Computer.
        8. Extract files from the Factory Image

• Extract the Factory Image file (cheetah-a9a9a.999999.999-factory-99a9a99a.zip) to a folder.
          • Open the folder you extracted the Factory image to, the bootloader...img; flash-all.bat; image...zip; and radio...img files are in this folder. Extract the image-cheetah-aa9a.999999.999.zip file to a folder. Open the folder you extracted the image-cheetah-aa9a.999999.999.zip file to, the init_boot.img is in this folder.
        9. Copy/Move the bootloader...img; image...zip; radio...img and init_boot.img files to your computer's Platform-tools folder, the folder that has fastboot.exe in it.
      • Flash Factory Image Keep Data

1. Updating/Upgrading Android 14
          Note:
          If you are Upgrading your Android Version, It is a good idea to flash the bootloader to both slots (A & B).
          ~ E D I T - flash-all.bat file ~

@Echo off
          PATH=%PATH%;"%SYSTEMROOT%\System32"
          fastboot set_active other
          fastboot reboot-bootloader
          fastboot flash bootloader --slot all bootloader-cheetah-aaaaaa-9.9-9999999.img

ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
          fastboot flash radio radio-cheetah-a9999a-999999-999999-a-9999999.img
          ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
          fastboot update image-cheetah-aa9a.999999.999.zip

echo Press any key to exit...
          pause >nul
          exit
          ~ END EDIT - flash-all.bat file ~
        2. After, you have edited the flash-all.bat file, copy/Move it to your computer's platform-tools folder.
        3. Boot fastboot mode (Power off the phone => Press the Power and Down buttons until you see Start)
        4. Connect your phone to the computer.
        5. Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the platform-tools folder and type: flash-all at the Command Prompt and press enter.
        6. The phone will reboot when flashing is completed.
        7. Go-to Part II - INSTRUCTIONS, 6. Root/Reroot with Magisk and Pass SafetyNet, • Patching the boot.img - to root/reroot.
      • Flash Factory Image Wipe Data

1. This will wipe your phone's Data/Internal Storage.
        2. Do not edit the flash-all.bat file,
        3. Boot fastboot mode (Power off the phone => Press the Power and Down buttons until you see Start)
        4. Connect your phone to the computer.
        5. Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the Platform-tools folder and type: flash-all at the Command Prompt and press enter.
        6. The phone will reboot when flashing is completed.
        7. Go-to Part II - INSTRUCTIONS, 6. Root/Reroot with Magisk and Pass SafetyNet, • Patching the boot.img - to root/reroot.
      • Some kernels require Disabling verity and verification

1. If you need to disable Verity and Verification. Edit the flash-all.bat file, to disable Verity and Verification.
          ~ Edit - flash-all.bat file ~

@Echo off
          PATH=%PATH%;"%SYSTEMROOT%\System32"
          fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-cheetah-aaaaaa-9.9-9999999.img
          ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
          fastboot flash radio radio-cheetah-a99999-999999-999999-a-9999999.img
          ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
          fastboot - w update --disable-verity --disable-verification image-cheetah-aa9a.999999.999.a9.zip
          echo Press any key to exit...
          pause >nul
          exit
          ~ ~ ~ END EDIT ~ ~ ~
        2. Notes:
          • The first time you Disable Verity and Verification it will wipe your Data/Internal Storage.
          • When doing subsequent updates and disabling Verity and Verification, the -w flag can be removed to Keep Data.
          • Once you start Disabling Verity and Verification you should continue doing it. If you skip disabling one time. The next time you Disable Verity and Verification it will wipe your phone.
        3. Copy/Move the edited flash-all.bat file to the platform-tools folder on your computer.
        4. Boot fastboot mode (Power off the phone => Press the Power and Down buttons until you see Start)
        5. Connect your phone to the computer.
        6. Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the Platform-tools folder and type: flash-all at the Command Prompt and press enter.
        7. The phone will reboot when flashing is complete.
        8. Go-to Part II - INSTRUCTIONS, 7. Root/Reroot with Magisk and Pass SafetyNet, • Patching the boot.img - to root/reroot.
    4. Manually Install/update the OTA image keep data and root/re-root your phone

• Before you start:

1. If you haven't updated your phones OTA image in a while. It is not necessary to flash all the missed OTA images in succession. Flash the latest OTA image.
        2. If your phone was previously rooted, open Magisk manager and disable all Magisk modules. If you hid the Magisk manager app the default name for the hidden Magisk app is settings.
        3. Always verify you have the latest working version of SDK Platform-Tools installed on your computer.
        4. If you get an error while flashing, try one of these options:
          • Change the USB port to a non charging USB port.
          • Change the USB cord.
          • Change Computers.
        5. If your phone boot loops try one of the following options:
          • Boot Safe Mode while booting to remove Magisk Modules
            1. When booting, press and hold your phone's volume down button. Keep holding it until the animation ends and your phone starts in safe mode.
            2. Then reboot and magisk modules should be disabled. (Thanks Lughnasadh)
          • Boot fastboot mode by turning phone off to remove Magisk Modules
            1. Press the Power button until the phone turns off.
            2. Press the Power and Volume Down to boot fastboot mode.
            3. Open a Command Prompt in the Platform-tools folder or the folder that has adb.exe in it, and type adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules
            4. fastboot Reboot
        6. Backup your data
        7. Download the latest OTA Image: Pixel 7 Pro - cheetah to your Computer.
      • Patch the init_boot.img

• Open Magisk (next to Magisk)
        • Tap Install
        • Tap Select and patch a file
        • Navigate to the Google OTA.zip file
        • Tap it then tap the check mark (✓)
        • Tap Lets go
        • When you see done the init_boot.img has been patched (magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img), and stored in the download folder.
        • Tap the disc icon (upper right corner) to save the log file.
        • Reboot
        • Copy/Move the magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img file to your computer's Platform-tools folder, the folder that has fastboot.exe in it:
          1. Copy it to a USB drive and transfer it to your computer.
          2. Move it to your computer using adb push
      • Sideload the Google OTA image file and Root it

1. With the device powered on, booted, USB debugging enabled, and the phone connected to the computer. Type adb reboot sideload
        2. Type:
          adb sideload cheetah-ota-aa9a.999999.999-aaaa9999.zip at the command prompt and press Enter.
        3. When side loading the OTA image finishes, you should see this:
          • On your computer,
            C:\platform-tools (location of folder with adb and OTA image in it)>adb sideload cheetah-ota-up1a.999999.999-9a99a999.
            Total xfer: 2.00x
            C:\platform-tools>
          • On your phone, ...status 0
        4. Type adb reboot bootloader at the command prompt and press Enter.
      • Root this slot - Flash the Magisk_patched....img

1. Type: fastboot flash init_boot magisk_patched-99999_aA99a.img at the command prompt and press Enter.
        2. When it finishes flashing, type fastboot reboot at the command prompt and press Enter.
        3. Disconnect the phone from the computer.
        4. Note: This slot is bootable and rooted.
    5. Make Both Slots Bootable: Manually, Flash the OTA Image to Both Slots - One bootable and rooted, the other slot bootable without root.

• Before you start

1. On the Phone
          • Backup your data
          • Enable Developer Options: Tap Settings > About Phone > Tap Build Number 7 times or until you see you are a Developer.
          • Enable USB Debugging: Tap Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options. Enable USB Debugging.
          • Make sure that there is no pending OTA update, by going to Settings > About phone > System updates, which should say Your system is up to date.
          • Download the latest Pixel 7 Pro OTA image for your device.
          • Verify the checksum of the OTA image. The last portion of the filename is the first 8 digits of its SHA-256 checksum; the full SHA-256 checksum is shown next to the download link.
          • Patch the init_boot.img:
            1. Note: Before patching the init_boot.img disable all Magisk modules.
            2. Open the Magisk (Alpha/Beta/Canary/Delta/Stable) App and set the Update Channel to the version of Magisk app you installed.
            3. Open Magisk
            4. Tap Install (next to Magisk)
            5. Tap Select and patch a file
            6. Navigate to the Google OTA.zip file
            7. Tap it then tap the check mark (✓)
            8. Tap Lets go
            9. When you see done, the init_boot.img has been patched (magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img), and is stored in the download folder.
            10. Tap the disc icon (upper right corner) to save the log.
            11. Tap Reboot
            12. Copy/Move the magisk_patched....img file to your computer's Platform-tools folder or the folder that has fastboot.exe in it.
            13. Connect the phone to the computer.
        2. On your Computer
          • Open a Command Prompt in the Platform-tools folder.
      • (Optional): Verify your computer sees your device.

1. With the device powered on, booted, USB debugging enabled, and the phone connected to the computer.
          Note: If you see the Allow USB Debugging prompt, on your phone, Tap Allow.
        2. Type adb devices at the command prompt and press Enter. You should see your device's serial number.
      • Sideload the Google OTA image file

1. With the device powered on, booted, USB debugging enabled, and the phone connected to the computer.
          Note: If you see the Allow USB Debugging prompt, on your phone, Tap Allow.
        2. Type adb reboot sideload at the command prompt and press Enter.
        3. Type: adb sideload cheetah-ota-aa9a.999999.999-aaaa9999.zip at the command prompt and press Enter.
        4. When side loading the OTA image finishes, you should see this:
          • On your computer,
            C:\platform-tools (location of folder with adb and OTA image in it)>adb sideload cheetah-ota-up1a.999999.999-9a99a999.
            Total xfer: 2.00x
            C:\platform-tools>
          • On your phone, ...status 0
        5. Type adb reboot at the command prompt and press Enter.
        6. Note: This slot is bootable and not rooted
      • Sideload the Google OTA image file to the other slot and Root it.

1. Type adb reboot sideload at the command prompt and press Enter
        2. Type:
          adb sideload cheetah-ota-aa9a.999999.999-aaaa9999.zip at the command prompt and press Enter.
        3. When sideloading finishes, type adb reboot bootloader at the command prompt and press Enter.
        Root this slot - Flash the Magisk_patched....img
        1. Type: fastboot flash init_boot magisk_patched-99999_aA99a.img at the command prompt and press Enter.
        2. When it finishes flashing, type fastboot reboot at the command prompt and press Enter.
        3. Disconnect the phone from the computer.
        4. Note: This slot is bootable and rooted.
        5. Done! :)
    6. Extract files from the Factory Image

1. Download the latest Factory image to your phone.
      2. Extract the Factory Image file (cheetah-a9a9a.999999.999-factory-99a9a99a.zip) to a folder. The, stock, flash-all.bat file should be in this folder.
      3. Open the folder you extracted the Factory image to and extract the Image file (image-cheetah-aa9a.999999.999.zip) into the folder. The, stock, init_boot.img file should be in this folder.
    7. Root/Reroot with Magisk and Pass SafetyNet.

• Android 14

• Upgrade to Android 14: OP, Part II - INSTRUCTIONS, 2., 3, or 4.
      • Patching the init_boot.img - to root/reroot.

1. Important Notes
          • If your phone was previously rooted, DO NOT repeat DO NOT install another Magisk Manager app. Do this before you patch the init_boot.img:
            1. Open the Magisk Manager app and disable all Magisk modules.
            2. If you hid the Magisk manager app the default name for the hidden Magisk app is settings. If you gave it a different name and you've forgotten the name. Use TB checker to find the name of the hidden Magisk Manager:
              • Open the TB Checker app
              • Tap Run Xposed check
              • Scroll down to Magisk Random Package Name: to see Magisk's hidden name.
                You can also use TB Checker to check if you have more than one Magisk Manager app installed.
          • If your phone boot loops try one of the following options:
            • Flash the 'stock' init_boot.img to both slots to remove root: fastboot flash init_boot init_boot.img --slot all
            • Remove Magisk Modules
              1. Boot Safe Mode
                • When booting, press and hold your phone's volume down button. Keep holding it until the animation ends and your phone starts in safe mode.
                • Then reboot and magisk modules should be disabled. (Thanks Lughnasadh)
              2. Command Prompt
                • Press the Power button until the phone turns off.
                • Press the Power and Volume Down to boot fastboot mode.
                • Open a Command Prompt in the Platform-tools folder or the folder that has adb.exe in it, and type adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules
                • fastboot Reboot.
          • If the Magisk Manager app has the Superuser and Module buttons grayed out: Read @badabing2003 post
        2. Patch the init_boot.img file
          • Extract the init_boot.img file from the Factory zip file

1. Download the latest Factory image to your phone.
            2. Extract the Factory Image file (cheetah-a9a9a.999999.999-factory-99a9a99a.zip) to a folder.
            3. Open the folder you extracted the Factory image to and extract the Image file (image-cheetah-aa9a.999999.999.zip) into the folder. The, stock, init_boot.img file is in this folder.
            4. Install Magisk Manager App Beta, Canary, or Stable
            5. Open Magisk Manager App
            6. Tap the Settings icon, tap Update Channel, and set the version to the version you Installed.
            7. Tap the back arrow (<--) at the top next to Settings
            8. Tap Install, top right corner next to Magisk
            9. Tap, Select and Patch a File
            10. Select the init_boot.img file you extracted from the latest factory image.
            11. Tap the ✓ (Check Mark)
            12. Tap Let's Go
            13. When you see done the init_boot.img has been patched (magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img), and stored in the download folder.
            14. Tap the disc icon (upper right) to save the log file.
            15. Reboot
          • Patch the init_boot.img file using the Magisk app and the OTA zip file

1. Install Magisk Manager App: Beta, Canary, or Stable
            2. Open Magisk Manager App
            3. Tap Install, top right corner next to Magisk
            4. Tap Select and patch a file
            5. Navigate to the OTA.zip file
            6. Tap it then tap the check mark (✓)
            7. Tap Lets go
            8. When you see done the init_boot.img has been patched (magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img), and stored in the download folder.
            9. Tap the disc icon (upper right corner) to save the log file.
            10. Reboot
        3. Copy/Move the magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img file to your computer's Platform-tools folder or the folder that has fastboot.exe in it:
          • Copy it to a USB drive and transfer it to your computer.
          • Move it to your computer using adb push
        4. Boot fastboot mode
        5. Connect the phone to the Computer with USB cord.
        6. Open a Command Prompt in the Platform-tools folder.
        7. Type fastboot flash init_boot "magisk_patched...img" (name of patched.img file) without the quote marks at the Prompt and press enter.
        8. Type fastboot reboot at the Prompt and press enter.
      • Pass Safety Net with SafetyNet Fork

1. Download File(s)
        2. Install osm0sis PlayIntegrityFork
          • Open Magisk
          • Tap Modules icon
          • Tap Install from storage
          • Navigate to the osm0sis Play Integrity Fix file you downloaded.
          • Tap the osm0sis Play Integrity Fix file.
          • When you see the confirmation screen, tap Ok. installation.
          • After it installs tap the Disc icon to save the log
          • Tap Reboot
        3. Settings for Magisk
          • Open Magisk App
          • Tap the Setup icon.
          • Scroll down to App and set the Update Channel to Canary.
          • Scroll down to Check Updates and enable it.
          • Scroll down to Magisk and enable Zygisk.
          • Enable Denylist
          • Tap Configure DenyList => Tap 3 Dot Menu => Check ✓ Show system apps => Check ✓ Google Play Store, Google Pay, Google Wallet etc.
          • (Optional) Scroll down to Superuser and enable Enable Biometric Authentication.
        4. Get Device Certified
          • Flash the osm0sis PlayIntegrityFork module in Magisk
          • Turn Airplane mode on
          • Open Settings
          • Tap Apps & notifications
          • Tap see all...
          • Tap three dot menu
          • Tap Show system
          • Scroll to Google Wallet/Play Store/Play Services
          • Clear Google Wallet cache (if you have it)
          • Clear Google Play Store cache and data
          • Clear Google Play Services (com.google.android.gms) cache and data (Optionally skip clearing data and wait some time, ~24h, for it to resolve on its own)
          • Turn Airplane mode Off
          • Reboot
        5. Check Device Certification
          • Note: If after completeting Get Device Certified your device is not certifed or your device is certified but certain apps (Google Pay, NetFliks, etc.) are not working. Do this to verify you are passing Play Integrity.
            1. Open Google Play Store app
            2. Tap your profile icon (top right corner)
            3. Tap Settings.
            4. Open the About menu
            5. Tap the row labeled Play Store version seven times to unlock developer mode.
            6. Tap the back arrow (upper left corner)
            7. Tap your profile icon (top right corner)
            8. Tap Settings.
            9. Open the General menu
            10. Tap Developer options
            11. Tap Check integrity
            12. If you see Basic Integrity and Device Integrity, you're passing Play integrity.
    8. Set Magisk App Update Channel/Update Magisk

• Set Magisk App Update Channel

• Open Magisk App > Tap Settings icon > Update Channel > Select Stable, Beta, Canary or Custom.
      • Update Magisk

1. When Magisk App notifies you of an update:
        2. Tap install.
        3. Select, Direct Install (Recommended)
        4. When it finishes installing
        5. Tap, Save Log
        6. Log location: /storage/emulated/0/Download
        7. Tap, Reboot
        8. Done!
    9. Install/Update Magisk Modules

10. Open a Command Prompt/Boot Fastboot Mode/Boot Recovery

• Open a Command Prompt on Computer
        1. Open File Explorer, click the platform-tools folder ==> click the folder icon (left side of address bar) to highlight it type cmd and press enter.
        2. Open a Powershell Command Prompt on Computer: Open File Explorer, click the platform-tools folder ==> click the folder icon (left side of address bar) to highlight it type powershell and press enter.
        3. Notes:
          • Enable USB Debugging, on your phone: Settings ==> System ==> Advanced ==> Developer options ==> Scroll down to USB debugging and enable it.
          • When using the Powershell Command Prompt Commands must be preceeded with ./: i.e, ./fastboot devices
          • If you do not want to open a Command Prompt every time you want to use the fastboot command, add the path to the Platform-tools folder to Windows environment variables.
      • Boot fastboot mode (bootloader):
        • Power off phone, press and hold the power and volume down buttons until you see Start.
      • Boot Recovery
        • Power off phone, press and hold the power and volume down buttons until you see Start. Use volume up/down button until you see Recovery mode. Press power button.
    11. Test fastboot

• Enable Developer Options - Tap Settings > About phone > Build number 7 times or until you should see 'you are a Developer'.
      • Enable USB Debugging - Tap Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options >
        Enable USB Debugging.
      • Open a Command Prompt on your computer in the Platform-tools folder.
      • Boot fastboot mode on your phone
      • Connect the phone to the Computer.
      • At the prompt type: fastboot devices to verify communication with phone. It should return your phone's serial number.
    12. ADB Sideload

~ ~ ~ Part III - OTHER ~ ~ ~
    1. Custom ROMs

• Need help with a Custom ROM?

1. If you are trying to install a Custom ROM, read and follow the Installation Instructions in the OP of the Custom ROM thread.
        2. If you have questions, search the thread of the Custom ROM you are trying to install for answer(s)/solution(s) to your question(s)/problem(s)[/B]: If you don't find a answer(s)/solution(s) to your question(s)/problem(s). Post your question(s)/request(s) for help in the Custom ROM thread you are trying to install.
        3. Try installing it with 📳🔥 PixelFlasher, a GUI tool for flashing / updating / rooting / managing Pixel phones..
        4. If you are trying to install a Addon(s) {Custom Kernel, Magisk, etc.} to the Custom ROM you installed: Search the thread of the Custom Kernel, Magisk, etc. you want to install for installation instructions, and answer(s)/solution(s) to your question(s)/problem(s) about the Custom Kernel, Magisk, etc. If you don't find an answer(s)/solution(s) to your question(s)/problem(s). Post your question(s)/request(s) for help in the Custom Kernel, Magisk, etc.) thread.
      • ROMs
    2. Themes, Apps, and Mods
    3. T.W.R.P. Backup/Restore

• Waiting for Android 14 T.W.R.P.
    << Edited >>
    Update Displax/safetynet-fix Mod forked from kdrag0n/safetynet-fix
    Changelog: v2.4.0-MOD_2.0
    • Fix KernelSU support. You still need "ZygiskOnKernelSU".
    • Fix WiFi calling on some devices (and maybe other related issues) by moving changing ro.product.first_api_level from global namespace to GMS only.
    • Pass MEETS_STRONG_INTEGRITY[. By default you need device that launched with Android 13+ or custom ROM that manipulate with ro.product.first_api_level (>= 33 / or null / or not present).
      If you want to play with it more complex - use separate "-STRONG" build. NOTE: Various system issues are possible on "-STRONG" build!
      (Fixed by Google)
    Use Displax's v2.4.0-MOD_1.3....
    Update
    I tested SDK Platform-tools r. 34.0.1 it is not fixed. There are still problems with fastbootd. Use SDK Platform-tools r. 33.0.3
    @Homeboy76
    I'm sure everybody would join in on my congratulations on becoming a Recognized Contributor! You certainly work diligently enough on this thread and on all your others to deserve the title!
    Double-check your root command, I guess it's wrong. Instead of fastboot flash boot init_boot magic_patched....img, it should be fastboot flash init_boot magic_patched....img