[GUIDE][ROOT] Root your LG L40/L70/L90/G2 mini!

olegat0r

Apr 15, 2012
Kyiv, Ukraine
Will this root method work 4 the metro pcs version of this phone? Its the Lg Optimus L70 (MS323). I just bought it. Thanks for any help!
I'm not sure because of posts #3 and #7. The owner of D323 couldn't get to recovery.
First try to install drivers and boot to recovery. If it works - follow the instruction.

But if it doesn't work you'll have to find another way to get to recovery.

snowyhorizon

Apr 27, 2014
I'm not sure because of posts #3 and #7. The owner of D323 couldn't get to recovery.
First try to install drivers and boot to recovery. If it works - follow the instruction.

But if it doesn't work you'll have to find another way to get to recovery.

Yeah for the Lg70 ms323 on metro, after the reboot the recovery screen does come up and begins loading, but goes straight to the lg boot logo and boots normally.. such a tease!

Swizzle82

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
I own a Tmobile G2 and we have the same problem with no stock recovery on kitkat. It appears metro and tmobile are making diligent effort to keep us from rooting. I understand that they intentionally left no way into stock recovery... ***holes!!!

scarletchrome

Feb 15, 2014
This is relevant to my interests as I'm looking into getting the L70 on Metro. Unless I've misunderstood, the issue with rooting the L70 on Metro is getting recovery to work, correct?:confused:
I already rooted my LG L70 D325. I thought i might change my recovery in order for adb to detect it. (Maybe)
But for your L70 unit you need to find a way to boot into recovery or else find another way to root. Maybe the phone developers don't want them to be rooted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jfredbaby

manarchy65

Apr 28, 2014
I already rooted my LG L70 D325. I thought i might change my recovery in order for adb to detect it. (Maybe)
But for you L70 unit you need to find a way to boot into recovery or else find another way to root. Maybe the phone developers don't want them to be rooted.
Sounds like that might be the case. I'm sure a workaround will become available soon enough.

Jfredbaby

Apr 26, 2014
Ok guys my mother in laws laptop is a pos. So I can't put my SD card in a reader. She has one it just don't work. Is there a way I can do all this stuff on my phone?

Lg optimus L70 still not rooted
Mk902 rooted custom rom

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Plz help me with this problem fast I told my self I'm not gonna put the case back on till its rooted!

Mk902 rooted custom rom

scarletchrome

Feb 15, 2014
Helping

Now that we are rooted, is there a way that we can make a different root method for the sake of others who cant reboot into recovery? Can we make files like the IOroot method for rooting G2 without rebooting and gaining temporary root access? So that we can all have our phones to be rooted and everyone is happy(I think, I dont know about LG dev :) ).
Valar Morghulis (All men must die). What about "All phone must be rooted". If only I have the knowledge to do some geeky way to find a root method I would but unfortunately I dont have so I hope experts would help us.

olegat0r

Apr 15, 2012
Kyiv, Ukraine
@olegat0r can you upload the system.IMG I still can't extract the kdz
Uploading to MEGA...
UPD: https://mega.co.nz/#!C1JS0YrI!GYHCgbTgPsuSNqgVTrGhPbXRpFCGCrTWlrJ6nolx7WI
Are there any methods to unroot the L90 if I need to send back to LG for repair?
Every time, when you use root operations RCT writes to /persist/rct.cfg the information.
I am not sure, but if you edit this file to:
Code:
Not rooted

[lg-serialno]
And reflash the rom via LGMobile Support Tool - you'll save your warranty.
But there is also one more file in /persist/ "rct"
And it updates after every boot (or root access idk).

So if you change your rct.cfg file, reflash the rom and check it again and it will still show "Not rooted" it is ok.
But you have to check your phone in Download mode. It also says if it was rooted. And maybe it reads that "rct" file.

If somebody knows how to compile cwm or twrp recovery - write any information here or in other threads!

Last edited:
Reactions: Omar1c

manarchy65

Apr 28, 2014
Now that we are rooted, is there a way that we can make a different root method for the sake of others who cant reboot into recovery? Can we make files like the IOroot method for rooting G2 without rebooting and gaining temporary root access? So that we can all have our phones to be rooted and everyone is happy(I think, I dont know about LG dev :) ).
Valar Morghulis (All men must die). What about "All phone must be rooted". If only I have the knowledge to do some geeky way to find a root method I would but unfortunately I dont have so I hope experts would help us.
I second this. :D

Jfredbaby

Apr 26, 2014
Hey guys I'm still not rooted! Can't get it into recovery mode it just reboots Plz help!

Mk902 rooted custom rom

Last edited:

luisro

Jul 7, 2009
Alexandria
Does not work on Optimus L90 T-Mobile

Hello everyone. I followed every step to the letter, but when I input reboot recovery it restarts, the stock recovery flashes for a second, and then it just boots up normally. I think I am having the same problem as the member who has the L70, since he has the same symptoms. Metro PCS and T-Mobile must have done something to block this method of getting to the recovery. I hope that someone can get into recovery once the cellphone actually launches on Wednesday. I will continue using my trusty L9 meanwhile, can't use a phone without root. Thanks to everyone who is working on this phones and made root possible!