[GUIDE][ROOT] Root your LG L40/L70/L90/G2 mini!

clyder

Aug 30, 2010
Indjija
I have a D405n model.
Yesterday I had to reflash the stock KDZ after some issues. I flashed v20a and after it booted it got an update to v20c software.
I then tried to root it but failed by using any method from here.

Using update.zip from external SD card always ends up with an "E:failed to mount /sdcard (invalid argument)" error.
I tried using ext 2/3/4, using two different SD cards, and trying tools on windows and Linux (Ubuntu desktop).

Purple Drake Method wasnt working. One Click root I found on XDA wasnt working.

At the end I stumbled upon a youtube video of a guy using KingRoot. Downloaded apk from description of that youtube video and succesfully rooted the v20c software.
If anyone needs it I attached the apk I used on this post. I see on their site that there is a newer version but I only tried this one.

Attachments

Reactions: rodjoo
Oct 20, 2014
Is there any way to bypass the "This phone is permanently locked and cannot be unlocked" on an LG L70 Ms323? It always shows me service disabled and I got an unlocking code but I cannot use it...

UberViking

Feb 8, 2017
SD Not responding to files

Just getting started on my LG L90 D415 root process. Im stuck at moving update.zip to E: (which is the SD's locaction) The process running the transfer freezes everytime, even if I just try to create a new file on the SD

foma44

Apr 28, 2017
This doesn't work on Windows 10 so edit it and ad information: Not working on Windows 10. This program Ext2Fsd... all it does is to froze the pc and even when you are able to copy something ( after 10 restarts of pc ) after you unplug the card there's nothing on it only lost and found folder. The most retarded program ever made ( Ext2Fsd )

mohsinsha91

Aug 13, 2016
Ext2Fsd tool alwasy show "Not responding"

can anyone help me to mount sd card using Ext2Fsd tool, as when ever i open this tool it shows "Not responding", then i have to restart the laptop, im using it in windows 10, does it work differ in windows versions??? should i use only windows 7, i'm trying since 24 hour tried every possible way but still stuck with Ext2Fsd tool

lfom

Mar 14, 2015
can anyone help me to mount sd card using Ext2Fsd tool, as when ever i open this tool it shows "Not responding", then i have to restart the laptop, im using it in windows 10, does it work differ in windows versions??? should i use only windows 7, i'm trying since 24 hour tried every possible way but still stuck with Ext2Fsd tool
Did you read the post above yours? It doesn't work on Win10... This thread is so old, probably deprecated. You can root using other tool, probably even KingRoot.

Reactions: mohsinsha91

mohsinsha91

Aug 13, 2016
Did you read the post above yours? It doesn't work on Win10... This thread is so old, probably deprecated. You can root using other tool, probably even KingRoot.
thnx bro, kingroot worked for me ?

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

by the way i tried on windows7 and that giving same issue

AtlasLiao

Sep 20, 2018
can not find the zip file

I choose “apply update from external sdcard”, but I can not find the update.zip

I'm sure about that I had been copy the zip file into sdcard

It seen that it can not recognize zip file

What should I do? Pls help me, thx

My device: LG L70

Last edited:

7DF

Dec 5, 2018
As of Dec/2018, it not longer works on a T-Mobile LG L90 D415.

I got signature errors on that update.zip file and Stump failed as well.

Any clues? Any ideas would help.

7DF

Dec 5, 2018
UPDATE.ZIP failed.

Hi,

As of Dec/2018 that update.zip fails on a LG L90 D415 with:

"E: failed to verify whole-file signature"
"E: signature verification failed"

I could not find any other way to root this phone. Please help!!!!

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
www.twitter.com
Got my hands on a LG L70 (LGMS323, [D325?]). I had no issues rooting with KingRoot and using SuperSUme to switch to SuperSU. Rooting may have unlocked bootloader if it wasn't already. I immediately did a manual backup of boot.img before customizing my own, making adb insecure, rooting and flashing it. Then pulled a system.img because finding reliable firmware seems (still) impossible.

I was stuck there for a bit because finding a TWRP image was difficult. Most links to them are long dead but managed to track down one, version 3.0.3 for an LG L80. I was able to use fastboot to boot the TWRP recovery image then flash it. Getting the fastboot was not easy. in fact I couldn't even really tell you how I did it it just sort of happened at the moment I needed it to and as soon as I was able to flash TWRP I did. The bootloader mode on this device is not fastboot and it does not work as such. Yesterday I actually managed to track down a 3.2.1-0 TWRP image and a customized stock ROM zip. And it was the only stock ROM zip or working the stock ROM or working stock ROM link I was able to come across so far in my travels for this device.

Built in 2014, and not a lot of storage, I had my doubts about this phone. However, it's actually a very decent phone and I quite like it. I currently am enjoying it more than my xt907, Droid Razr M (can't wait for this remake). The only issue is, I can't format data. There is a partition TWRP doesn't recognized called 'auto'. And because of that it will not format the data. However wiping everything else, including data from the advanced, menu works fine. After all is said and done flash SuperSU on stock. Found a few custom ROMs still floating around, 5.1.1, 7.1.2, and 8.1. I had to abandon using the Oreo ROM because I couldn't root it without play services becoming non-functional with magisk or flashing with SuperSU makes everything else from Wi-Fi to Bluetooth non-functional.

This really is a great little phone. I always seem to find the Little, older phones which turn out to be better than modern day devices. This phone just reaffirms my saying and belief 'they just don't build them like they used to.'

Last edited: