[Guide][Root] Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505F Android 11 with OrangeFox + Magisk

Search This thread

christo2015

Dec 19, 2021
Hello! I have made up on the tutorial until it sais to "Install multidisabler-samsung-2.6.zip". How do I do that? On the video, you go on the /external_SD folder and it's there, but not for me. What should I do? Thanks.

EDIT: Ok I figured out that you need to search for "multidisabler-samsung-3.1.zip" on google and then to put that on a microSD card FAT32 and then in your phone. Just if anyone had the same question.

EDIT_01: with my A50 SM-505W I had only one problem. I get stuck on the lock screen: when i enter my code it just does nothing. It kickes me back on the lock screen again. So I factory resetted in OrangeFox. Any ideas how I could get this to work?

Last edited:

christo2015

Dec 19, 2021
It worked just fine and got root with it but im curious about the multidisabler zip. What does it do and what is the fnction of it? It give me an eror while flashing both 2.6 and the latest versionView attachment 5250545
code:

yamizx

Jan 4, 2020
Hi, I followed this guide correctly however at step 9, my phone stucks in a bootloop (like the part from 5:00 to 6:15 in this guide's video) and currently press/hold volume down + power button and does not work. Doesn't seem that I can enter download mode either. Any solution to this?

MasterSMax12

Jan 6, 2022
It worked all fine on my SM-A505FN, but I need help. Because when I restart my phone manually or turn it completely off and then on, root checker says my phone is not rooted anymore and in the magisk app it says Magisk is not installed. Root apps do not work either. I first recognised this as I wanted to change my boot animation. But it also happens when I do nothing an just reboot. Could anyone help me? (sorry for my bad English skills, I am from Germany)

wishiluis

Feb 14, 2022
Thank you. I can confirm this works on SM-A505G.

It worked all fine on my SM-A505FN, but I need help. Because when I restart my phone manually or turn it completely off and then on, root checker says my phone is not rooted anymore and in the magisk app it says Magisk is not installed. Root apps do not work either. I first recognised this as I wanted to change my boot animation. But it also happens when I do nothing an just reboot. Could anyone help me? (sorry for my bad English skills, I am from Germany)

I also had this issue trying to do a normal restart on my phone. the only way of "fixing it" was to turn off my phone, then boot up recovery mode (orangefox) and from there go to the reboot menu and select "recovery". This made the Magisk installation and root access come back.

oblus

Dec 22, 2007
It worked all fine on my SM-A505FN, but I need help. Because when I restart my phone manually or turn it completely off and then on, : checker says my phone is not rooted anymore and in the magisk app it says Magisk is not installed. Root apps do not work either. I first recognised this as I wanted to change my boot animation. But it also happens when I do nothing an just reboot. Could anyone help me? (sorry for my bad English skills, I am from Germany)
To enable root at boot, you MUST hold down Volume Up, Bixby, and Power buttons together until you see the warning message like above. From now on, turn on your phone like this to get root. You phone will still boot if you just use the Power button but you won’t have root.

Try this guide guys this is for my S10e maybe for A50 this is working too.
Reply if this work.

And I found this:

Did you follow John Wu's guide?

https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#samsung-system-as-root

Where's written "Power + Bixby + Volume Up" you can just use "Power + Volume Up" for the A50.

Good luck!

Last edited:
had the same issue.. had to root again for this..

Just make sure next time you try to reboot... just use the magisk reboot/restart button.. Always.. other apps like luckypatcher asking you to reboot.. just minimize that app.. go to magisk and press that reboot buttton.. that way you never loose the root again

Ali314

Jun 10, 2022
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505F Android 11 with Magisk + OrangeFox ( OneUI 3.1 ). The OrangeFox Recovery ( Brought to you by @enzoaquino ) support Galaxy A50 One UI 3.1 Android 11, Android security patch level: 1 March 2021. It may be works for SM-A505F, SM-A505FN, SM-A505G, SM-A505GN. The OrangeFox R11.0 comes with Magisk Patched. Use it at your own risk! Follow the instructions carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!

LET US KNOW IF IT WORKS FOR:
SM-A505FN, SM-A505G, SM-A505GN ( NOT TESTED )

Manual Instructions:
  1. Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out
  2. Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
  3. Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
  4. Flashing OrangeFox-R11.0-Stable-a50dd_magisk.tar as AP in ODIN, then click start.
  5. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Don't remove USB Cable, let it connected. Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until OrangeFox Recovery Appears.
  6. Format data
  7. Install multidisabler-samsung-2.6.zip
  8. Reboot to Recovery
  9. When SAMSUNG logo appears wait for a few minutes or more then press and hold volume down + power key until the screen blank
  10. Setup the phone
  11. Connect Phone to Internet
  12. Tap Magisk app: "Upgrade to full Magisk to finish the setup. Download and Install?" tap OK
  13. Install and Open Magisk Manager, Magisk Manager will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
  14. Done!
Video Instructions

Download
OrangeFox-R11.0-Stable-a50dd_magisk.tar

Credits to @Enzoaquino for OrangeFox A50 A11
Magisk patched and packed to .tar by me
I do that all fine but my auto rotate not work !🥲

jnolanmobile

May 26, 2022
Hello,

Can anyone chime in if
  • Orange Fox works on a SM-A505W with OneUI 3.1
  • would a downgrade to Android 10 w/ its OneUI 2.x required?
TIA.

Hyperfyre

Sep 21, 2022
I rooted mine with this guide about a year ago, but I've had a weird problem with it ever since. It's just happened again so I thought I'd ask here to try and finally figure out whats wrong with it.

Ocassionaly if the battery dies or I forget to restart through Magisk it'll restart as normal but get stuck in a loop at the "Enter password after restarting" screen. I'll enter my password, the screen will go blank for a sec & just go straight back to asking me for the password again ad infinitum.
Same with trying to switch it off using the power button, black screen. (Although at least from here I do seem to be able to get it to actually fully power off more regularly)

Sometimes after trying enough times or just holding down the sidebuttons at whatever random combinations I can something has worked and I've managed to get back into it again but when this happens every 3/4 months I can never remember what the hell I actually did last time that got it to work again.

Last edited:

ben.marks

Jul 23, 2010
Fully working on A505FN with a couple of caveats
- recovery sequence is Vol Up + Power button
- to get to download, from a powered off state, press Vol Up + Vol Down and plug in cable
- to get back to rooted/Magisk state, I have found the following works better
- power on device, you will see Samsung startup A50 'Secured by Knox screen'
- you then need to press power button to continue booting
- you then see Samsung startup 'secured by knox' screen again.
- once you see JUST the Samsung logo with black screen, now press Vol Up + Power
- seems to boot to rooted state with no issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to Root Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505F Android 11 with Magisk + OrangeFox ( OneUI 3.1 ). The OrangeFox Recovery ( Brought to you by @enzoaquino ) support Galaxy A50 One UI 3.1 Android 11, Android security patch level: 1 March 2021. It may be works for SM-A505F, SM-A505FN, SM-A505G, SM-A505GN. The OrangeFox R11.0 comes with Magisk Patched. Use it at your own risk! Follow the instructions carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!

Manual Instructions:
    2. Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
    4. Flashing OrangeFox-R11.0-Stable-a50dd_magisk.tar as AP in ODIN, then click start.
    5. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Don't remove USB Cable, let it connected. Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until OrangeFox Recovery Appears.
    6. Format data
    8. Reboot to Recovery
    9. When SAMSUNG logo appears wait for a few minutes or more then press and hold volume down + power key until the screen blank
    10. Setup the phone
    12. Tap Magisk app: "Upgrade to full Magisk to finish the setup. Download and Install?" tap OK
    13. Install and Open Magisk Manager, Magisk Manager will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
    14. Done!
    Video Instructions

Download

Manual Instructions:
    6. Format data
    8. Reboot to Recovery
    10. Setup the phone
    14. Done!
    Video Instructions

Download

send pls zip without magisk
    Ok i worked around the "invalid zip format error"
    i tried all the versions from v2.0 to 3.1.. none worked

then i extracted the version 3.1 on my pc, i went inside the folder and i created the zip file of the "META_INF" folder
    then i copied META-INF.zip file to my mobile and it worked

Hope this helps everyone :)

This is my first time rooting a device btw.. lol

i was using twrp btw
    Speed the device up with lspeed, Change boot animation, reset knox trip with triangle away, hack games with gameguardian(it works like cheatengine), install custom roms and lots of more!
    thanks man.. i'll see you around
    I tried both 3.1 and 2.6 but still failed to flash
    View attachment 5274351

My file flashed without error. u may try it.