[GUIDE] Root Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Easily And Install SuperSU And TWRP Recovery!

Search This thread
This Guide Shows You How To Easily Root The Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3. (WARNING: THIS GUIDE ONLY WORKS FOR THE SPRINT VARIENTS, DO NOT ATTEMPT ON OTHER VARIENTS!!!)

(This Is My First Guide EVER!)

STEP 1:
Download Odin3
Download TWRP.img.tar
Download SuperSU
Download Samsung Drivers
(See Files Below)

STEP 2:
Install The Needed Drivers And Connect Your Phone To Your PC In Download Mode, Hold The Home Button, Power Button, And Volume Down Button And Enter Download Mode, Then Connect To Your PC Via Micro-USB Cable.

STEP 3:
Extract The Odin3 ZIP File And Open Odin3, The Log Should Say: "Added!" If It Finds Your Device. Click AP And Select The TWRP TAR File, Then Click Start. It Should Say PASS!

STEP 4:
Once Your Phone Reboots, Hole The Power Button, Home Button, And The Volume Up Button Until You See The New Recovery Mode!

STEP 5:
Make Sure That The SuperSU Zip Is Copied To Your Phone, TWRP Does Have File Transfer Abilities!
Click Install, Select The SuperSU Zip, Then Swipe To Flash!!!

STEP 6:
Try To Reboot The Phone, And If It Goes Back Into Recovery Mode, (Happened To Me Before) Just Re-Insert The Battery Then Turn The Phone On, Then It Should Work And Boot Into Android.

FINAL: YOU NOW HAVE ROOT!!!!! Thanks For Reading This! This Method Worked For Me The First Try!

Attachments

• twrp-3.5.2_9-0-d2spr.img.tar
    9.8 MB · Views: 125
  • SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 106
  • odin3_v3.14.4.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 75
  • SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip
    35.2 MB · Views: 70
Reactions: 1982gmcP
Here is a sneak peek!
Screenshot 2021-05-13 093107.png

Jackspsychosis

Oct 18, 2021
Houston, Tx
www.facebook.com
This is the main thread for the S3, especially pertaining to downloads. I had my heart set on EXODUS but I had to settled for MOKEE. I've been meaning to make a firmware.xml and a Heimdall firmware package for my S3, I'll drop the links when I do.
By the way, just out of curiosity, why didn't you choose EXODUS? I use it and it's very smooth for me.

deegge

Dec 11, 2008
Central Maryland
You Can Ask Questions If You Have Issues With The Rooting Process!
Thanks for the steps keeping this alive! I haven't used it in awhile - brought it out for Dad to use with wifi only.
Had an issue installing SuperSU - kept getting Verification errors after a couple tries and fix was to Disable Reboot option in Odin when installing TWRP.

After trying different lineage-14 ROMS (including one in the above links) the keyboard doesn't work: "Android Keyboard (AOSP) has stopped" Never lets me type anything. Just trying to connect to wifi. Like this ROM since gapps is already installed. Any ides about the keyboard? Or a better, newer ROM?

thank you XDA!

Jackspsychosis

Oct 18, 2021
Houston, Tx
www.facebook.com
By the way, just out of curiosity, why didn't you choose EXODUS? I use it and it's very smooth for me.
You know I can't remember exactly what the problem was. I THINK I couldn't get the wifi to work. Oh I remember I couldn't get past the Google sign in and turn on the wifi. I wish it worked
Please do, thank you so much for your work :)
Right back at ya brother!
because that is a bedazz OS! Admittedly the only OS that worked on my S3 was Liquid Smooth, Mokee. And also that other one that has taken over BUT I couldn't get that Rom rooted after installation so it had go.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Guide Shows You How To Easily Root The Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3. (WARNING: THIS GUIDE ONLY WORKS FOR THE SPRINT VARIENTS, DO NOT ATTEMPT ON OTHER VARIENTS!!!)

(This Is My First Guide EVER!)

STEP 1:
    Download Odin3
    Download TWRP.img.tar
    Download SuperSU
    Download Samsung Drivers
    (See Files Below)

STEP 2:
    Install The Needed Drivers And Connect Your Phone To Your PC In Download Mode, Hold The Home Button, Power Button, And Volume Down Button And Enter Download Mode, Then Connect To Your PC Via Micro-USB Cable.

STEP 3:
    Extract The Odin3 ZIP File And Open Odin3, The Log Should Say: "Added!" If It Finds Your Device. Click AP And Select The TWRP TAR File, Then Click Start. It Should Say PASS!

STEP 4:
    Once Your Phone Reboots, Hole The Power Button, Home Button, And The Volume Up Button Until You See The New Recovery Mode!

STEP 5:
    Make Sure That The SuperSU Zip Is Copied To Your Phone, TWRP Does Have File Transfer Abilities!
    Click Install, Select The SuperSU Zip, Then Swipe To Flash!!!

STEP 6:
    Try To Reboot The Phone, And If It Goes Back Into Recovery Mode, (Happened To Me Before) Just Re-Insert The Battery Then Turn The Phone On, Then It Should Work And Boot Into Android.

FINAL: YOU NOW HAVE ROOT!!!!! Thanks For Reading This! This Method Worked For Me The First Try!