• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE][ROOT][TWRP][XPOSED][MM] Lenovo Phab PB1-750M 6.0.1 Marshmallow

Search This thread
Jan 13, 2017
Davao
Lenovo Phab PB1-750M 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Before anything else, make backup.

What's in the guide?
(A) Rooting
(B) Installing TWRP custom recovery
(C) Installing Xposed framework

Firmware:
These are full OTA. Install via recovery. Latest is PB1-750M_S000675_170107_ROW. Links from this forum.
PB1-750M_S000675_170107_ROW
PB1-750M_S000660_160930_ROW
***Some users (including me) had encountered an error ("Permission denied") on OTA update PB1-750M_S000660_160930_ROW_TO_PB1-750M_S000675_170107_ROW. If you can't update to the latest, just install the PB1-750M_S000675_170107_ROW full OTA.

Requirements:
(a) Driver. This should be installed by your device and can be found on CD Drive when you connect your device. Install "LenovoUsbDriver_autorun_1.1.30_user.exe" found on the link.
(b) Latest ADB and Fastboot (I recommend Minimal ADB and Fastboot).
(c) Download SevenMaxx TWRP image. Thanks estanenmi for the link.
(d) Download SuperSU binaries. This is v2.68. You could try the latest or just update it after successful install.
(e) Unlock the bootloader. On your device, go to Settings > Developer Options > Allow OEM Unlocking. Then reboot into bootloader via terminal/cmd: adb reboot bootloader. When in fastboot mode, type in terminal/cmd: fastboot oem unlock-go.
***fastboot oem unlock-go will restore the device to factory settings.

Rooting:
(a) Place the TWRP image on the root directory of Minimal ADB and Fastboot (or where your adb and fastboot is located)
(b) Copy the SuperSU zip file on your device
(c) Go to terminal/cmd: adb reboot bootloader
****You can also go to fastboot via "volume down + power" buttons.
(d) Go to terminal/cmd: fastboot boot twrp.img
****If you have flashed a custom recovery, you can install via recovery. The code above just temporarily boot the TWRP image.
(e) Then: fastboot reboot
(f) Navigate the TWRP. I strongly suggest to make a "backup" first.
(g) In TWRP, go to "Install" > locate and select the SuperSU.zip. Swipe to confirm.
(h) Reboot after installation. Your device may reboot a few times.
(i) Download root checker to verify.
*SuperSU app may update and may require to update su binaries.
*If SuperSU installation fails, boot the TWRP.img again and restore (if you have created a backup ).
*You could try installing the SuperSU listed above if your device is on bootloop due to unsuccessful rooting (worked for me).
*I haven't looked for possible problems pre and post rooting - always do backup.
Screenshot

Installing TWRP (custom recovery):
I haven't found any official custom recovery for this device. The custom recovery TWRP by SevenMaxx (from a russian forum) works. (install at your own risk). You can install the custom recovery via fastboot.
****If you only need root access, I suggest that you temporarily boot the TWRP to install SuperSU. It's better to wait for the official custom recovery for the device.
(a) First, the device's bootloader must be unlocked. Check the requirements on how to unlock bootloader.
(b) Configure your device again and enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking.
(d) Go to terminal/cmd: adb reboot bootloader
(e) Then: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
(f) Device will reboot.
(g) Check the new recovery options via (1) Volume Up + Power button; or (2) adb reboot recovery

Installing Xposed framework (manual):
Please check the official thread for xposed on LL/MM. The device has an ARM architecture and is running on android 6.0.1 (sdk23). Download the latest xposed framework (.zip) here (current latest v87) and xposed installer (.apk) here.
(a) Your device must have root access. Follow the guide on how to root the device.
(b) Install the Xposed (.apk). ***You can install the framework via the Xposed app.
(c) Copy the *.zip file on your device.
(d) Boot your device into recovery (im using the TWRP used in this guide) and install the xposed *.zip.
(e) Reboot. On startup ("Android is starting" message), the device will "optimize applications" and could take a long time.
(f) Check the xposed app download some modules.

Last edited:

yumark

Jan 25, 2017
step d failed

at cmd after entering the command, its say failed remote, unlock the device first to use this command.

Jan 13, 2017
Davao
at cmd after entering the command, its say failed remote, unlock the device first to use this command.

Hello there. You need to unlock the bootloader first. On your device, go to settings > developer options > Allow OEM unlocking. Reboot your device into fastboot, then on terminal/cmd: fastboot oem unlock-go. Just follow the steps (a) to (b) in Installing TWRP.

Last edited:

yumark

Jan 25, 2017
thanks sir

Hello there. You need to unlock the bootloader first. On your device, go to settings > developer options > Allow OEM unlocking. Reboot your device into fastboot, then on terminal/cmd: fastboot oem unlock-go. Just follow the steps (a) to (b) in Installing TWRP.
done installing twrp.img , now rooting method?

memelizer

Oct 13, 2010
thanks for the guide! worked right away.

yep, better wait for the official custom recovery, all i have to do now is also wait for an official custom rom to come out :)

gabom88

Nov 17, 2013
Please somebody helps me!

Please someone can upload a "backup image" from TWRP so i can use it for "restore" mi device.
My device now is blicked and i can not use QFIL for restore because in the "restoration procces" of QFIL always says:

"Switch To EDL
Download Fail:Switch To EDL FailFailed to Switch to Emergency Download mode"

I hope someone can helpme uploading this file

Thanks

Reactions: Mattedlocks910910

nguyenhaiyhn

Mar 20, 2017
thank you

Rooting Lenovo Phab PB1-750M (Android 6.0.1)

Requirements:
(a) Driver. This should be installed by your device and can be found on CD Drive when you connect your device. Install "LenovoUsbDriver_autorun_1.1.30_user.exe" found on the link.
(d) Download SuperSU binaries. This is v2.68. You could try the latest or just update it after successful install.
(e) Unlock the bootloader. On your device, go to Settings > Developer Options > Allow OEM Unlocking. Then reboot into bootloader via terminal/cmd: adb reboot bootloader. When in fastboot mode, type in terminal/cmd: fastboot oem unlock-go.

Rooting:
(a) Place the TWRP image on the root directory of Minimal ADB and Fastboot (or where your adb and fastboot is located)
****If you have flashed a custom recovery, you can install via recovery. The code above just temporarily boot the TWRP image.
(g) In TWRP, go to "Install" > locate and select the SuperSU.zip. Swipe to confirm.
*If SuperSU installation fails, boot the TWRP.img again and restore (if you have created a backup ).
*You could try installing the SuperSU listed above if your device is on bootloop due to unsuccessful rooting (worked for me).
*I haven't looked for possible problems pre and post rooting - always do backup.
Screenshot

Installing TWRP (custom recovery)
I haven't found any official custom recovery for this device. The custom recovery TWRP by SevenMaxx (from a russian forum) works. (install at your own risk). You can install the custom recovery via fastboot.
****If you only need root access, I suggest that you temporarily boot the TWRP to install SuperSU. It's better to wait for the official custom recovery for the device.
(a) First, the device's bootloader must be unlocked. Check the requirements on how to unlock bootloader.
(f) Device will reboot.
(g) Check the new recovery options via (1) Volume Up + Power button; or (2) adb reboot recovery
:good::good::good::good::good:

Mar 9, 2016
Chamba

Requirements:

Rooting:
Screenshot

(f) Device will reboot.
CyanogenMod 13 for Lenovo phab pb1 750m available on this Russian site
Lenovoforum.ru
Here is link to custom ROM>> http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/21986-lenovo-phab-cm-13-android-60-custom-rom/
There is some problem with WiFi.On some phone it's working and on some it's not working.Plaese somebody fix it.

Mar 9, 2016
Chamba

Requirements:

Rooting:
Screenshot

(f) Device will reboot.
Gabom88 send me your email ID

Jan 13, 2017
Davao
Hello there. Have you installed Xposed? I've successfully installed Xposed Framework. I'll put a guide if you need it.

Please someone can upload a "backup image" from TWRP so i can use it for "restore" mi device.
My device now is blicked and i can not use QFIL for restore because in the "restoration procces" of QFIL always says:
"Switch To EDL
Hi. If you can still use the recovery (stock/TWRP), download the Firmware and install via recovery. Links are provided in the post.

Last edited:

Tony0985

Jul 25, 2017
Pb1-750p

Hi guys will this work on phab Pb1-750p
Can't see anything about this model
What is the difference between
PB1-750P and PB1-750P
Please reply :)

---------- Post added 25-07-2017 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 24-07-2017 at 11:57 PM ----------

PB1-750P and PB1-750M sorry predicted text

Tony0985

Jul 25, 2017
Pb1-750p

Hi will this work on phab Pb1-750p can someone let me know please be well appreciated:)

Jan 13, 2017
Davao
Hi will this work on phab Pb1-750p can someone let me know please be well appreciated:)

Hi there. This method works for PB1-750M. There is currently no custom recovery ported for your device. You need to have a working custom recovery before you can root. If you want, you can try booting the custom recovery above and see if it works (the two phab models looks the same). But before anything else, makebackup (and make sure you know how to restore it).

Jan 13, 2017
Davao

Hi there. This method works for PB1-750M. There is currently no custom recovery ported for your device. You need to have a working custom recovery before you can root. If you want, you can try booting (not flash) the custom recovery above and see if it works (the two phab models looks the same). But before anything else, makebackup (and make sure you know how to restore it).

Tony0985

Jul 25, 2017
Pb1-750p

Hi I was able to root it but not sure how to back it up only reason is I brought it and phone is full of trojans factory reset did not resolve it if you know of a method please can you guide me thanks for your response

Jan 13, 2017
Davao
Hi I was able to root it but not sure how to back it up only reason is I brought it and phone is full of trojans factory reset did not resolve it if you know of a method please can you guide me thanks for your response

You need to have a rom/firmware of your device. Go to lenovo forum and try to find you rom.
How did you root your device? Using the TWRP i posted? Make backup from the TWRP recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lenovo Phab PB1-750M 6.0.1 Marshmallow

What's in the guide?
    (A) Rooting
    (B) Installing TWRP custom recovery
    (C) Installing Xposed framework

Firmware:
    These are full OTA. Install via recovery. Latest is PB1-750M_S000675_170107_ROW. Links from this forum.
    PB1-750M_S000675_170107_ROW
    PB1-750M_S000660_160930_ROW
    ***Some users (including me) had encountered an error ("Permission denied") on OTA update PB1-750M_S000660_160930_ROW_TO_PB1-750M_S000675_170107_ROW. If you can't update to the latest, just install the PB1-750M_S000675_170107_ROW full OTA.

Requirements:

Rooting:
    Screenshot

Installing TWRP (custom recovery):
    (f) Device will reboot.

Installing Xposed framework (manual):
    Please check the official thread for xposed on LL/MM. The device has an ARM architecture and is running on android 6.0.1 (sdk23). Download the latest xposed framework (.zip) here (current latest v87) and xposed installer (.apk) here.
    (a) Your device must have root access. Follow the guide on how to root the device.
    (b) Install the Xposed (.apk). ***You can install the framework via the Xposed app.
    (c) Copy the *.zip file on your device.
    (d) Boot your device into recovery (im using the TWRP used in this guide) and install the xposed *.zip.
    (e) Reboot. On startup ("Android is starting" message), the device will "optimize applications" and could take a long time.
    (f) Check the xposed app download some modules.

"Switch To EDL

I hope someone can helpme uploading this file

Thanks
    Sorry guys...i'm freshie newbie here.....
    can you explain to me more detail meaning this step"Place the TWRP image on the root directory of Minimal ADB and Fastboot (or where your adb and fastboot is located)"...
    And sorry again bcoz my english not to goods..
    Thanks alot to who for teaching me...please

Hello there.
    Move/place the TWRP recovery (twrp.img) file on the install directory of the Minimal ADB.
    Untitled.png

Goodluck.
    unlock bootloader

first update phone using system update to MM, then tryr unlocking bootloader. i was getting failed to unlock oem bootloader command in cmd before updating my OS. after update my bootloader got unlocked using adb
    need latest rom

Kindly give me the link for latest ROM .....FULL OTA for latest marshmallow update...

PB1-750_S000675_170107_ROW----This version having lot of bugs...im unable update to latest update....ota package is not installing...saying error n failed to instal......

in Russian foru there is no full ota for latest marshallow....