[GUIDE] root, unlock, kk and flash back to jb [READ OP!!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkl

Nov 23, 2013
again i have to refer to the op
"here is a more complete step by step i made for another user. just change the file name if you are flashing twrp"
finished thank you.
although i didnt know that it was going to erase all my internal storage, good thing i had a backup of a couple of months ago

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
finished thank you.
although i didnt know that it was going to erase all my internal storage, good thing i had a backup of a couple of months ago
and yet another quote from the op
"***you should backup data before any flash or mod"

switching back and forth from jb to kk or kk to jb can be done without wiping data, but there have been many reports of issues, therefore i dont encourage it.

talkl

Nov 23, 2013
and yet another quote from the op
"***you should backup data before any flash or mod"

switching back and forth from jb to kk or kk to jb can be done without wiping data, but there have been many reports of issues, therefore i dont encourage it.
Which rooms can i flash now using my cwm 6.0.2.8?
will i be able to flash NEXESQUE XT926 3.6?

talkl

Nov 23, 2013
sorry, im not going to be able to help with custom rom specific questions. havent used this phone daily since last year.
So i flashed Nexeque 3.6. it was really easy doing using the Recovery.
Now i can really exprience the droid razr maxx hd power.
the battery life is insane in that rom.

I wanted to thank you again for your hard work and devotion.
I really appreciate your professionalism.

Reactions: bweN diorD

Poseidonrage

Sep 21, 2014
Look i am completely noob, and i have network unlocked xt926
The problem is i have to root it to custom rom
these are the specification that i have right now

Build Number = KDA20.62-15
Baseband Version = Vanquish_bp_100731.020.64.21P
Android Version = 4.4.2
System Version = 182.46.15.XT926. Verizon.en.US

And again i am not network locked, i am using Telenor connection

Let me know if anything can be done in my case. Thank in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Pow_2k

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Ok, after some reasearch I found out my xt 925 is bricked now. In devices, it shows: qhsusb_dload.
I had this phone perfectly working well, but now it is dead.
Seems like no one is willing to help, but at least I think the creator of this post should say that after the flash is done, USERS SHOULD NOT FLASH THE AVAILABLE ROM VIA OTA, BECAUSE THEY WILL END UP WITH A DEAD PHONE, like I did.
So, please, after you guys do the procedures shown here, DO NOT FLASH THE AVAILABLE FIRMWARE VIA OTA, OR ELSE YOU WILL END UP WITH MONEY THROWN IN THE TRASH.
I tried the blankflash procedure for the moto x, but it does not work.
Hopefully someone will find out a method to unbrick this phone. In the meantime, DO NOT UPGRADE THE OTA FLASH THAT THE PHONE WILL SAY IT IS AVAILABLE.
Also, the topic says that the flash is good for the razr HD models, but I think the problem is that it is only intended for the razr hd 926.
If someone can help, please post here.
Thanks.
as the creator of this thread, i will reply.
LEARN TO READ THE OP!

the very first line under the warning/info says "So, you have a Droid Razr Maxx HD or HD, xt926"

you have a 925, as you stated. any problems resulting from using this are YOUR OWN FAULT FOR NOT READING.

dont come in here bashing me before you get your facts straight.

Reactions: iBolski

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Hello Zelijko, yes, it was unlocked and rooted. Thanks.

RikRong, self induced? Clearly saying xt926? So what do you say about this, buddy?:
(written in the beginning of the post)

So, you have a Droid Razr Maxx HD or HD, xt926, and want to root, unlock the bootloader, and go back to JB, possibly.
Well this is the guide for you

As far as I am concerned, the xt925 falls in the razr HD category man. Maybe the creator of the topic should have been clear that it is ONLY for the XT926...
If it was written, I would not have flashed it man.
Still, it did work for the xt925, problem is that IT WAS NOT WRITTEN TO FLASH FIRMWARE VIA OTA AFTERWARDS.
furthermore,
you are wrong again in ASSUMING "As far as I am concerned, the xt925 falls in the razr HD"

keep thinking you can flash any varients software for the same model, and there will be many bricked phones in your wake.

Reactions: iBolski
Status
Not open for further replies.