- Apr 16, 2013
This guide excists to help you root your phone and only that.If your phone gets hard bricked i will not be held responsible use this guide with care
This is a guide for Xperia SP users to root 0.266 firmware (Jellybean 4.3) using Doomlords method ! UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY !!!!!!
Before proceding with the installation make sure you have the drivers needed for flashtool
First of all you need and unlocked bootloader!!!! THIS IS CRUCIAL IF YOUR BOOTLOADER IS LOCKED THE ROOTING PROCCESS WONT WONRK AND YOUR PHONE WILL GET INTO A BOOTLOOP
Bootloader unlocking guide comming soon!!!
After you have an unlocked bootloader
- The first thing you need to do is to back up every important item or app (contacts will be lost if not synched with google account) in your internal SD card
- Connect your phone to your PC via usb and transfer the UpdateSuperSU.zip in your External SD card
- After the Backup you open flashtool
- Power Off the device
- Connect it into your PC via usb WHILE PRESSING THE VOLUME UP BUTTON
- In flashtool --> Flash device (lightning button) --> fastboot mode
- A window will pop up select "Select kernel to flash" under the tag " By Doomlord"
- After that another window will pop up
- Select the directory where you saved Doomlords kernel file (Number 1 in the download list)
- Then it will automaticaly flash the data itself
- After finished it should say disconnect the phone in the flashtool log
- Disconnect the phone and power it up
- When you see the Sony Logo spam the volume up button
- After a while it should get into CWM recovery (here you navigate with the volume and power buttons,Volume Up = UP , Volume Down = Down , Power Button = Select)
- Once inside the recovery sellect install zip
- Then your external sd card (mine is labeled as "sdcard1")
- Navigate throught your External Sd till you find the UpdateSuperSU.zip you put in here a few minutes back
- After that you will select the zip and go to the "Yes" option to flash it
- After the flashing is done you will select "reboot system"
- And thats it you are now running 4.3 rooted with CWM Congrats
Now as Doomlord suggests you should probably install busybox.
Thats easy after you boot your phone go to PlayStore and install the installer then open the app select install busybox and you are done.
Sofware you will need :
- Sony Update Service (SUS) http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/
- Flashtool http://www.flashtool.net/index.php
Hardware you will need :
- Xperia SP with 4.3 STOCK
- USB Cable
Files you will need:
- Doomlord's Kernel Including CWM V03(most recent)http://doomlord.xperia-files.com/download.php?dlid=U1BfRG9vTUxvUkRfQWR2U3RrS2VybmVsX0ZXLTI2Nl92MDE=
- UpdateSuperSu.zip http://download.chainfire.eu/382/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip
- Busybox https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox&hl=en
Thanks for your support.
A thumbs up for Doomlord this great Dev.If it was not for him our phones would not be rooted. Original Guide here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2646193