[GUIDE] [ROOT] xperia Z .253 fw [Locked&unlocked bootloader]

Search This thread

.LEONARDO.

Aug 24, 2011
Manaus
Rebooting Fixed!

You should downgrade to .434 and follow this guide, but you can try "Flashable ROM Mutator" :). Good luck

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2282415

Rebooting Fixed!

If someone else is facing the same problem, I fixed rebooting issue while writing to system following this guide, thanks to the user [NUT]:

[XZDualRecovery][v2.3 RELEASE] cwm 6.0.3.2 & twrp 2.5.0.0 [locked bootloader]

CWM Usage warning: Root can be lost (almost worst case), a bootloop can be experienced (worst case) or a reboot upon remounting /system to be able to write to it (most cases, relatively harmless) when using CWM and before a reboot out of recovery answering the question 'ROM may flash recovery, fix it?' question is answered with 'yes'. This can be recovered from by opening a terminal app and typing the following commands:
Code:

su
/system/bin/stop ric
mount -o remount,rw /system
chmod 755 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

Alternatively you can boot in to TWRP and go to the Advanced menu -> File manager and look for /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to set permissions 755 on it.

Last edited:

Aka91

Jan 3, 2013
New Delhi
i followed all the steps!
had flashtool!
chose the uk unbranded 434
flashed it with flash tool!
|everything was perfect!but
as i turn on my phone it does everything perfectly!
but as it starts the nfc firmware update it just restarts all over again!
its been happening over the last hour repeatedly
helllpp!

Nokow

Feb 2, 2012
Cannabis Islands
omfg! i upraded via PC companion yesterday because could wait for the update, via OTA it had always error and i did not saw this POST! :crying::crying:

I dont wanna start downgrading again..:(
Its 100% safe not to loose the data makin it this way? :confused:

dave_id

Apr 6, 2012
paris
I found out downgrading to 434 did the bootloop for me (reflashing wasn't fixing it)
i had the NFC upgrade thing, then a reboot for ever...I see quite a lot of people having the same behaviour.

fixed it by flashing AND wipe out Data...something I didn't wanted to do, it was the only solution

so better full backup before (with pc companion for exemple)

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Why don't you just try the app (for PC) called Kingo Android Root? Worked for me ;)

This thread was created almost 5 months ago. Long before this Kingo app was around, I believe. There was no need to bump this very old thread on how to root a firmware version that is 2-3 versions out of date.
This sort of thing is leading me to become rather suspicious of this Kingo app. Nobody knows what exploit it uses or what it injects along with the su binary and SuperSu app. There seems to be an absence of any information on this on the website for the app. Lots of accounts with low post counts are also promoting it here on XDA.
It's not something I would personally trust, at least until somebody that's known to be trustworthy like DooMLoRD looks at how it works.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

PeryCFC

Sep 15, 2013
This thread was created almost 5 months ago. Long before this Kingo app was around, I believe. There was no need to bump this very old thread on how to root a firmware version that is 2-3 versions out of date.
This sort of thing is leading me to become rather suspicious of this Kingo app. Nobody knows what exploit it uses or what it injects along with the su binary and SuperSu app. There seems to be an absence of any information on this on the website for the app. Lots of accounts with low post counts are also promoting it here on XDA.
It's not something I would personally trust, at least until somebody that's known to be trustworthy like DooMLoRD looks at how it works.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Okay sorry :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so there are alot of threads popping up asking how to root and other such things, but seems to be no thread on how to root .253 FW.

So here is is:

If you haven't upgraded to .253, DON'T, just proceed to step 2 if you are .434 or lower. If you are rooted and have custom recovery working, jump to step 4.

1. You MUST downgrade back to .434 FW. Do this with flashtool, shadowboy has done up a nice guide on using flashtool here
    HOT TIP: Like suggested in the guide, untick data and cache so you keep all you data intact. Make sure you don't do any wipes later on either (unless you feel super compelled to wipe cache... )

2. Now that you are on .434 firmware, root it

3. Install dual recovery to get CWM and TWRP working (using dual recovery should avoid potential problems)

4. Now that you have working recovery, flash one of the available pre-rooted .zips of .253 firmware from the Xperia Z android development forum, here are some;
    [ROM] Stock 10.1.1.A.1.253 CWM/TWRP ZIP. (v4 fixed root) LB/UB by wawyed
    [ROM][Z][LOCKED,UNLOCKED][253] eXistenZ [Black Edition] | V2 | [16/05] [Full root] by niaboc79 - people seem to be having issues when using this firmware
    [STOCK ROM] Update to 10.1.1.A.1.253 Generic [Rooted & XZDualRecovery][LB/UB] by [NUT]

Hopefully you should now be on .253 FW, rooted and still have all your previous data and settings. If you are having any bootloops, you may have to resort to wiping data/factory reset in CWM/TWRP. If apps are force closing, open the settings>applications>all apps>find the apps that is force closing and then select clear data. Hopefully that should fix it :)

Some questions that have and/or may arise:

Does this affect DRM or Bravia Engine? No, only unlocking your bootloader will affect them
    Will this work on locked bootloaders? Yes it works on locked bootloaders
    Is there an easier way to root .253? Not yet. Considering how much time and effort it would take to discover an exploit for a quick rooting fix I doubt there would be one soon either. Takes a lot less effort for us to this than it would for a dev to create a new root method.
    Does this work on ZL? You tell me. Just don't flash any Z firmwares onto a ZL and check that the pre-rooted .zip you choose supports ZL.
    Ok so there are alot of threads popping up asking how to root and other such things, but seems to be no thread on how to root .253 FW.

So here is is:

1. You MUST downgrade back to .434 FW. Do this with flashtool, shadowboy has done up a nice guide on using flashtool here
    HOT TIP: Like suggested in the guide, untick data and cache so you keep all you data intact. Make sure you don't do any wipes later on either (unless you feel super compelled to wipe cache...

2. Now that you are on .434 firmware, root it

3. Install dual recovery to get CWM and TWRP working (using dual recovery should avoid potential problems)

4. Now that you have working recovery, flash one of the available pre-rooted .zips of .253 firmware from the Xperia Z android development forum, here are some;
    [ROM] Stock 10.1.1.A.1.253 CWM/TWRP ZIP. (v4 fixed root) LB/UB by wawyed
    [ROM][Z][LOCKED,UNLOCKED][253] eXistenZ [Black Edition] | V2 | [16/05] [Full root] by niaboc79
    [STOCK ROM] Update to 10.1.1.A.1.253 Generic [Rooted & XZDualRecovery][LB/UB] by [NUT]

Hopefully you should now be on .253 FW, rooted and still have all your previous data and settings. If you are having any bootloops, you may have to resort to wiping data/factory reset in CWM/TWRP. If apps are force closing, open the settings>applications>all apps>find the apps that is force closing and then select clear data. Hopefully that should fix it :)

Any chance that these methods might work on a ZL without additional issues?
    So what about loosing DRM Keys and Bavaria?

This isn't unlocking the bootloader and will not affect DRM key or Bravia Enginge. Only unlocking your bootloader will wipe that;)

you don't mention it, but is it for unlocked bootloader only? (I guess not but there's no harming to ask)

That will only depend on the ROM you flash. All the ones I posted in the OP will work on both unlocked and locked devices according the the creator of said roms

I unplugged as instructed. Tried to power on. I felt a vibration like it was powering on

This is the firmware I flashed: UK Stock .434 http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2221475

Is this what is it currently still doing?
    Can you still get into flash mode (powered off, hold volume down and plug in USB to PC)?
    Try out this thread for a guide on disaster recovery, hopefully that will help you http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2229250

Also that link seems to have 404'd so I couln't check it out any further.

Try flashing this with flashtool http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2172757
    It's .350 firmware, but a) could save you phone b) is rootable anyway so you'd be at step 2 if you wanted to retry. I don't think that it would work though. I just did a quick look at the pre rooted .253 roms and can't see any that say they work for ZL. I'd recommend waiting for KA08 xperia revolution. Normally it supports ZL
    Everything works but now i have a problem with Exzistenz Rom. Done everything like posted have v2 version but my Phone tells me New update is ready to instal 253. Thought existenz v2 is alredy on 253 Rom?

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium

If it vibrated, then there's still hope! Looks like you've just soft-bricked it :good:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2229250