Motorola Edge 20 Pro
Root Xperia ZL with Latest .244fw

I Take no credit for this I have done zero development work
All credits to the great @DooMLoRD
This is a just a Guide telling how to implement his method

Requirement

NOTE: We need complete file only to flash the Kernel.sin & Loader.sin

OR

Use the files provided by me which contain the required files only (easier method)

These kernel files are from C6502 if you have another device they might not work. In that case use the complete FTF files for your device and root using complete ftf method

1. Latest .244 file https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8hAoiy5gSGVcDI4di1YTnNYSkU/edit?pli=1
  2. Older fw.423 file https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8hAoiy5gSGVbmtOY2lyMUc0OXM/edit?pli=1

How (Using complete ftf packages)

• Flash only the kernel.sin & loader.sin from older .423ftf package using FlashTool
  • Uncheck all wipe options
  • Check all exclude option EXCEPT Exclude Kernel
  • Now flash this using flashtool
  • Reboot the device and make sure USB Debugging & Unknown Sources are allowed in settings
  • Now root using the latest DoomLord Kit v18 (No other version of kit will work)
  • Turn Off the Device and put in Flash Mode (Press Volume Down while attaching usb cable)
  • Now open the latest .244ftf package and repeat the check and uncheck process as earlier
  • Flash only the Kernel.sin & Loader.sin
  • Reboot the Device
  • Done !!

OR

How (Using given ftf files) EASIER WAY

These kernel files are from C6502 if you have another device they might not work. In that case use the complete FTF files for your device and root using complete ftf method

• Flash the .423 kernel ftf package using FlashTool
  • Reboot the device and make sure USB Debugging & Unknown Sources are allowed in settings
  • Now root using the latest DoomLord Kit v18 (No other version of kit will work)
  • Turn Off the Device and put in Flash Mode (Press Volume Down while attaching usb cable)
  • Now open the latest .244kernel ftf package and flash it
  • Reboot the Device
  • Done !!

I take no responsibility for any kind of damage to your Phone
Do all this at your own risk
Thankyou @DooMLoRD for your great work

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-03-11-25-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-03-11-25-13.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 654
  • Screenshot_2013-08-03-11-37-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-03-11-37-20.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 704
Last edited:

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
Newbie here, I want to root my c6506 on .244, the link to the flashtool is dead. Will this guide work on my phone and where can I get the flashtool?
Thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

OK, I think I found the flashtool on Sony's web site, when I connect to Emma it says my bootloader is locked. I have to unlock the bootloader in order to just root?

DarkGonz

Oct 26, 2010
Buenos Aires
Newbie here, I want to root my c6506 on .244, the link to the flashtool is dead. Will this guide work on my phone and where can I get the flashtool?
Thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

OK, I think I found the flashtool on Sony's web site, when I connect to Emma it says my bootloader is locked. I have to unlock the bootloader in order to just root?

No, you can root having yout bootloader locked :)

Reactions: stevessvt

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
OK, now where getting somewhere,....When I connect my phone to Emma, it says my bootloader is locked, and wont let me go any farther, I did it as Im supposed to, phone off, connect USB to phone while holding volume down. What am I missing?

sanjulgupta

Jun 22, 2009
New Delhi
Motorola Edge 20 Pro
Thanks.

Link for flashtool has been updated :D

Reactions: stevessvt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root Xperia ZL with Latest .244fw

I Take no credit for this I have done zero development work
    All credits to the great @DooMLoRD
    This is a just a Guide telling how to implement his method

Requirement

NOTE: We need complete file only to flash the Kernel.sin & Loader.sin

OR

Use the files provided by me which contain the required files only (easier method)

1. Latest .244 file https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8hAoiy5gSGVcDI4di1YTnNYSkU/edit?pli=1
    2. Older fw.423 file https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8hAoiy5gSGVbmtOY2lyMUc0OXM/edit?pli=1

How (Using complete ftf packages)

• Flash only the kernel.sin & loader.sin from older .423ftf package using FlashTool
    • Uncheck all wipe options
    • Check all exclude option EXCEPT Exclude Kernel
    • Now flash this using flashtool
    • Now open the latest .244ftf package and repeat the check and uncheck process as earlier
    • Flash only the Kernel.sin & Loader.sin
    • Reboot the Device
    • Done !!

OR

How (Using given ftf files) EASIER WAY

• Flash the .423 kernel ftf package using FlashTool
    • Now open the latest .244kernel ftf package and flash it
    • Reboot the Device
    • Done !!

I take no responsibility for any kind of damage to your Phone
    Do all this at your own risk
    Thankyou @DooMLoRD for your great work
    This is the 3rd post on the same thing (excluding Doomlord's original).
    its not workin on my phone....so weird

Are you sure that you are doing all steps??
    Thanks.

No, you can root having yout bootloader locked :)
    Thanks.

Link for flashtool has been updated :D