• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[Guide] Root

miman04

May 1, 2009
if we flash the rom trough sideload.. will all user data erased ? I updated from .60 to .80.. had to start fresh.. not sure what I did wrong

Marco589

Dec 3, 2013
Como
Does anyone know if magisk has solved the issue?

EDIT
As i dont know if they did It, I flashed the 89 and rooted It with the 19 ?

Last edited:

naz1234

Oct 25, 2012
Does anyone know if magisk has solved the issue?

EDIT
As i dont know if they did It, I flashed the 89 and rooted It with the 19 ?
Iam also able flashed the Version WW-15.1630.1903.89,
and rooted with latest Magisk 19.1 and Manager v7.1.2 perfectly with no required any channeling update.

Does anyone works too ?

bbmaster123

Sep 7, 2011
I got caught in a bootloop as well after magisk updated to 19.1 and my modules disappeared. I tried to reinstall ViperFX, but on reboot it bricked. I luckily had a backup of patched_boot.img on my pc that I was able to flash, which put me back on magisk 17.3, as I originally patched the boot when fw .48 came out (which I'm still running cuz I'm lazy and waiting for Pie). I then flashed magisk 19.0 from the plus button under modules, and rebooted. all my modules returned after this.

I hope that helps someone. I'd also be happy to post my patched img for fw48 if that would help. Let me know! As for now, I'm just going to turn off check for update under settings and hope nothing else happens :p

Reactions: Tesla74

Marco589

Dec 3, 2013
Como
I got caught in a bootloop as well after magisk updated to 19.1 and my modules disappeared. I tried to reinstall ViperFX, but on reboot it bricked. I luckily had a backup of patched_boot.img on my pc that I was able to flash, which put me back on magisk 17.3, as I originally patched the boot when fw .48 came out (which I'm still running cuz I'm lazy and waiting for Pie). I then flashed magisk 19.0 from the plus button under modules, and rebooted. all my modules returned after this.

I hope that helps someone. I'd also be happy to post my patched img for fw48 if that would help. Let me know! As for now, I'm just going to turn off check for update under settings and hope nothing else happens :p
So you are running magisk 19 with 7.1.2 manager, arent you?

bbmaster123

Sep 7, 2011
So you are running magisk 19 with 7.1.2 manager, arent you?
I'm now on magisk 19.0 with manager 7.1.0. I had 19.1 + 7.1.2 beforehand, when all my modules disappeared. When I update magisk from 17.3, the manager also got updated, and I didn't bother updating to 7.1.2 just in case. I'll just leave it until I see the next confirmed working update.

EDIT: I noticed my list of modules under downloads was way shorter than its supposed to be. I tried clearing repo cache, but what fixed it was upgrading manager back to 7.1.2. So now I'm running magisk 19.0 + manager 7.1.2

Last edited:

woodntuliktano

Oct 26, 2013
Just an update for anyone curious I was SUCCESSFULLY able to root my friend's new ROG phone using the latest Magisk and it didn't require the Magisk 7.1.1/19.0 "Custom Channel" route

Firmware - WW 15.1630.1903.89
Magisk Manager - 7.2.0
Magisk - 19.2

I even went as far as to repeat this process to update the firmware on my personal previously rooted ROG phone from WW 15.1618.1810.77 to WW 15.1630.1903.89 by re-using the "patched_boot.img" file I created while rooting my friend's phone. (I saw a couple of updated firmware features on the ROG website I wanted)

I DO NOT suggest doing this unless you already have the necessary "patched_boot.img" file on hand cause it will soft-brick your phone into a stuck ROG logo boot after updating the firmware and you'll probably lose your existing data just to restore it and start over.

1. Update Magisk Manager to 7.2.0 (I'm sorry, I personally can not remember if I updated Magisk to 19.2 before or after the firmware/flash update. I believe I waited but please don't quote me on that someone else can feel free to confirm if it's necessary to update Magisk as well)
2. ADB sideload Firmware
3. Reboot
4. Fastload Flash the previously created WW 15.1630.1903.89 - Magisk 7.2.0/19.2 "patched_boot.img"
5. Reboot - Successfully Loaded Standard Phone Layout
6. Wifi connected internet access worked - GSM Network appeared connected but constantly loading/locked up during any internet use - Reboot corrected this
7. Firmware/Magisk Successfully Updated, No loss of existing phone data

Once again it was POSSIBLE for me to update an existing Firmware on a previously rooted device without losing my data but it was most likely only possible since I had the necessary "patched_boot.img" file before I started.

Someone may already have a better workaround for this task I just wanted to share how I managed to do it since I don't remember seeing any confirmed comments about attempting this and getting the same working results.

miman04

May 1, 2009
i need help.. i cant update to.89 firmware.. recovery error message "Failed to verify package compatibility : runtime info and framework compatibility matrix are incompatible: AVB version 0.0 does not match framework matrix 1.0 restarting adbd"

how to fix this..

Prithviiii

Jun 19, 2019
Got stuck aftr unlocking bootloader

my phn bulid numbr is 1903.89-0.. i unlocked the bootloader.. whn im connecting adb its showing in list of devices.. nd whn im sending it into fastboot its not connecting.. does anyone hav a solution for this.. even i tried using side port.. but now whn i connect side port it only gets charged.. not even showin in my pc only charging.. can anyone help....????

Zaileion

Nov 11, 2012
Dies anyone know of any ROMs available for this phone yet?

I'm thinking if switching from the Samsung Note to Asus ROG Phone II so I'm wondering if there is any active development for the Asus ROG phones.

I do not see any on the xda thread...

Thanks!!

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone