[GUIDE]Rooting, EDXposed and SafetyNet for Realme C12

Search This thread

HemanthJabalpuri

Recognized Contributor
Before doing anything to device, keep a copy of Stock ROM from here in your PC or SD Card.

Rooting with Magisk
Tutorial:

The procedure is the same whether you're on the stock RealmeUI Rom or on a custom GSI (treble) one or on a custom ROM.
Step 0 - Go to extracted platform tools folder in your PC and Shift + Right Click and choose Open Command Window here and connect the device to PC.
Step 1 - Boot to Recovery with adb reboot recovery and run below commands in command prompt by connecting the device to PC
Code:
adb root
adb pull /dev/block/by-name/boot boot.img
adb reboot
After running after commands you will get boot.img in your platform tools folder of PC. Copy the boot.img to mobile.
Note:- Above commands won't work if you are on GSI/custom ROM rom with stock recovery. So flash TWRP and follow above to get boot.img or use root debugging in ROM if available.

Step 2 - Download and install the latest Magisk app from here on your phone.
Click on the latest Magisk-vX.Y.apk you see in the list to start the download, open the file and install.

Step 3 - On your phone, open up Magisk app.
  • Click the Magisk Install button as shown below.
  • Then Select and Patch a File.
  • Go look for your boot.img you previously copied to your phone and pick it.
  • Click Let's go! and wait for Magisk to complete the process!
Z8o3ai9.jpg

Step 4 - Link your phone to your PC, and grab the file the Magisk app created. It's located in your downloads folder, called magisk_patched_blAh.img.

Step 5 - Paste it where your ADB & Fastboot (Platform Tools) are located, along with the vbmeta.img by downloading from here.
You should now have a folder like this with:
  • adb(.exe)
  • fastboot(.exe)
  • magisk_patched.img
  • vbmeta.img
  • Extra files from the platform tools
epfTRVa.jpg

Step 6 - Link your phone to your PC with the USB cable if not done already.
Step 7 - Shift + Right click in an empty space inside the folder we prepared in Step 7, and click Open Command window here.
Inside the Command window, input the following commands line by line, in order.
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
And make sure your device shows up, should be a bunch of numbers and letters, a couple spaces, and fastboot.
If nothing does, go back to Step 7 and try again.
Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched_blAh.img
fastboot reboot
Z5zUaGR.jpg

You're done! Your phone will reboot, hopefully, without a hitch! Open up Magisk app, and check that it's installed.
0nEL6dO.jpg

That said, you will have issues leaving it like this. You need to hide the fact that your phone is rooted, there's no downside to doing it.
Check out the Passing SafetyNet tutorial further down below, it's quick and easy.

For more info, see official Magisk installation instructions at https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html

Passing SafetyNet (Only possible with Magisk. Not with SuperUser on GSI's)

Tutorial:

Enable Magisk Hide inside Magisk app's settings and Install Universal SafetyNet Fix module.

Reboot and enjoy! You're all set and SafetyNet should pass just fine.

Q: Hey, I rooted/edXposed my phone, and now Netflix won't even open, or doesn't work properly, what's up with that?
A:
Well, fortunately, there's an easy fix if you have Magisk. Install the liboemcrypto disabler Magisk module, activate it and reboot.​

Credits:-
@Akitake for his guide at here

Attachments

• vbmeta.img
    4 KB · Views: 2,228
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Arifcuy and JovXRed

HemanthJabalpuri

Recognized Contributor
Now we have root.

We can uninstall system apps with below command in Termux
Code:
su
pm uninstall --user 0 <package_name>
We can use Package Viewer app to know package names.

Getting EDXposed
Tutorial:

I very much discourage to EdXposed your phone unless you have a very good reason for it.
It's a pain to pass SafetyNet.
It doesn't get updated often.
It has very niche use cases for which it's actually worth it.

That said, I explain it here for people who know what they're getting into and want instructions on how to do it.

This procedure requires to be rooted with Magisk.

Step 1
Inside Magisk app, go to the Modules tab.
Click the search button (bottom right) and search Riru.
Install the Riru module by Rikka.
Activate it and Reboot.

TllFEIp.jpg

smEPpXN.jpg

Step 2
Download and install the latest EdXposed Manager, the same way you did with Magisk app when rooting.

Step 3
Open it up, go to the ALPHA tab and click install/update.
It'll start a file download.

1GF2hIW.jpg

Step 4
Go back to Magisk app, Modules tab, except this time click Install from Storage.
Point to the .zip
file you just got, located in the Downloads folder of your phone.
At the end of the installation, click reboot.

Step 5
Let's double check your installation is operational.
Go to EdXposed Manager, first tab.
It should say EdXposed Framework is active.

JvuOjMg.jpg

You're done!
You should now be able to install EdXposed modules.
That said, you will have issues with certain apps leaving it like this.
You should to hide the fact that your phone is EdXposed.
Check out the Passing SafetyNet tutorial further down below!

For more info, see https://xdaforums.com/t/official-edxposed-the-successor-of-xposed-oreo-pie-q-r-2020-07-19.4070199/

Passing SafetyNet With EDXposed installed
Tutorial:

Again, I highly recommend not EdXposing your phone and sticking to just Magisk if you can help it.
You should also know that this method will show you're passing SafetyNet inside Magisk but it's a pain to do and isn't as well hidden as Magisk alone.
Step 1
- Do the step for Rooted phones listed above if not done already.
Step 2 - In EdXposed Manager, get the HiddenCore Module and activate it.
Step 3 - Now, in the side-menu: Compat List > tick HiddenCore Module.
Step 4 - Then, go to Settings > Framework > Enable "App List mode".
Step 5 - Finally, Applications(Black List) and tick: Android Services Library, Chrome, Google Play services, Google Play Store, Google Services Framework

Reboot and enjoy! You're all set and SafetyNet should pass.

Last edited:

Randymem

Mar 14, 2021
Sir thank you so much for the instruction i want to a custom rom for My realme C12 how to installed it thank you for Response

JovXRed

Apr 7, 2021
sir newbie here when i enter command (adb root)
it say access denied you dont have confimation.

HemanthJabalpuri

Recognized Contributor
i installed THAT magisk and rooted my phone ui2.0.. but theres no magisk hide option in settings and i cant install safetynetfix module, it asks for a file called riru... and also i cant search for modules in the magisk app
Can you please send screenshots of settings screen and module section of Magisk app so that I can better understand what's going wrong.

immortal_jerk

Apr 11, 2020
Can you please send screenshots of settings screen and module section of Magisk app so that I can better understand what's going wrong.
Screenshot_2021-09-28-13-28-21-81.jpgScreenshot_2021-09-28-13-29-07-70.jpgScreenshot_2021-09-28-13-29-17-48.jpg

as you can see theres no magisk hide option in settings, only the option to hide the app, tried that too but nothing works, turning Enforce DenyList on/off dont work neither... and nothing comes up when i search for modules

HemanthJabalpuri

Recognized Contributor
as you can see theres no magisk hide option in settings, only the option to hide the app, tried that too but nothing works, turning Enforce DenyList on/off dont work neither... and nothing comes up when i search for modules
Ah, got the culprit.
Magisk hide and Official Modules Repo are no longer part of Magisk from the developer.
To get those back, we can use older version of Magisk.
I have updated the Magisk apk link for UI 2.0. Uninstall Magisk by choosing 'Uninstall Magisk' in main screen and root again with the updated link.

Also, Universal SafetyNet fix older versions will just work without Riru. You can try https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/download/v1.2.0/safetynet-fix-v1.2.0.zip

Thanks

Reactions: immortal_jerk

immortal_jerk

Apr 11, 2020
Ah, got the culprit.
Magisk hide and Official Modules Repo are no longer part of Magisk from the developer.
I have updated the Magisk apk link for UI 2.0. Uninstall Magisk by choosing 'Uninstall Magisk' in main screen and root again with the updated link.

Also, Universal SafetyNet fix older versions will just work without Riru. You can try https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/download/v1.2.0/safetynet-fix-v1.2.0.zip

Thanks
magisk worked but i couldn't pass CTSprofile so i installed safetynet fix v2.1.0 and Riru, now everything's fine.. thank you again Sir

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before doing anything to device, keep a copy of Stock ROM from here in your PC or SD Card.

Rooting with Magisk
    Tutorial:

The procedure is the same whether you're on the stock RealmeUI Rom or on a custom GSI (treble) one or on a custom ROM.
    Step 0 - Go to extracted platform tools folder in your PC and Shift + Right Click and choose Open Command Window here and connect the device to PC.
    Step 1 - Boot to Recovery with adb reboot recovery and run below commands in command prompt by connecting the device to PC
    Code:
    adb root
    adb pull /dev/block/by-name/boot boot.img
    adb reboot
    After running after commands you will get boot.img in your platform tools folder of PC. Copy the boot.img to mobile.
    Note:- Above commands won't work if you are on GSI/custom ROM rom with stock recovery. So flash TWRP and follow above to get boot.img or use root debugging in ROM if available.

Step 2 - Download and install the latest Magisk app from here on your phone.
    Click on the latest Magisk-vX.Y.apk you see in the list to start the download, open the file and install.

Step 3 - On your phone, open up Magisk app.
    • Click the Magisk Install button as shown below.
    • Then Select and Patch a File.
    • Go look for your boot.img you previously copied to your phone and pick it.
    • Click Let's go! and wait for Magisk to complete the process!
    Z8o3ai9.jpg

Step 4 - Link your phone to your PC, and grab the file the Magisk app created. It's located in your downloads folder, called magisk_patched_blAh.img.

Step 5 - Paste it where your ADB & Fastboot (Platform Tools) are located, along with the vbmeta.img by downloading from here.
    You should now have a folder like this with:
    • adb(.exe)
    • fastboot(.exe)
    • magisk_patched.img
    • vbmeta.img
    • Extra files from the platform tools
    epfTRVa.jpg

Step 6 - Link your phone to your PC with the USB cable if not done already.
    Step 7 - Shift + Right click in an empty space inside the folder we prepared in Step 7, and click Open Command window here.
    Inside the Command window, input the following commands line by line, in order.
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot devices
    And make sure your device shows up, should be a bunch of numbers and letters, a couple spaces, and fastboot.
    If nothing does, go back to Step 7 and try again.
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash boot magisk_patched_blAh.img
    fastboot reboot
    Z5zUaGR.jpg

You're done! Your phone will reboot, hopefully, without a hitch! Open up Magisk app, and check that it's installed.
    0nEL6dO.jpg

That said, you will have issues leaving it like this. You need to hide the fact that your phone is rooted, there's no downside to doing it.
    Check out the Passing SafetyNet tutorial further down below, it's quick and easy.

For more info, see official Magisk installation instructions at https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html

Passing SafetyNet (Only possible with Magisk. Not with SuperUser on GSI's)

Tutorial:

Enable Magisk Hide inside Magisk app's settings and Install Universal SafetyNet Fix module.

Reboot and enjoy! You're all set and SafetyNet should pass just fine.

Q: Hey, I rooted/edXposed my phone, and now Netflix won't even open, or doesn't work properly, what's up with that?
    A:
    Well, fortunately, there's an easy fix if you have Magisk. Install the liboemcrypto disabler Magisk module, activate it and reboot.​

Credits:-
    @Akitake for his guide at here
    wow thanks dude i succesfully rooted my phone. :love:
    Ah, got the culprit.

Thanks