[GUIDE]Rooting, Flashing Recovery, unlocking bootloader

Search This thread

Kizoky

Jun 13, 2014
Between 2 Castles
This guide will teach you on how to unlock the bootloader, root the phone, and flash the recovery.
If you follow my steps no problem will occur.

Latest versions:
Single
D2004: 20.1.A.2.19
D2005: 20.1.A.2.19
Dual
D2104: 20.1.B.2.29
D2105: 20.1.B.2.29
TV
D2114: 20.1.B.2.30

All Latest Flashable Stock ROMs: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-e1/development/rom-flashable-stock-roms-d200x-d210x-t3563358

1. Unlocking the bootloader
Now this one will be tricky. Some phones are force-locked which means It can't be unlocked.
However, If the phone's bootloader is simply locked, It can be unlocked easily.

Go to http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/
And select Xperiaâ„¢ E1.
After that, enter a VALID E-mail address, this is where Sony will send you a link, which will look like this:
mMcmhWnl.png

Click on "Click here to proceed"

Now something will look like this:
rUsI7bbl.png

You need to enter your IMEI here, you can find the IMEI on Xperia E1's box, or in the Settings (Settings->About phone->Status)
Or simply typing *#06# on the phone keypad.
THERE'S NO TURNING BACK, YOU WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY DOING THIS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

After 1-2 minutes a mail will appear in your E-mail, with a verification code.
Yay, we have a code! Now what's next?
We need to download Flashtool. (It's roughly 170mb)
Are you kidding me?!
Flashtool: (uploaded.to)
http://ul.to/7zmty1iv
Flashtool: (.torrent)
http://www.flashtool.net/torrents/flashtool-0.9.19.8-windows.exe.torrent

After It's downloaded, we need to install it. It will take about 4-5 minutes, depending on the PC.
Great! Now we have Flashtool installed. Now we need to unlock the bootloader.
Find and run Flashtool (Flashtool64 If you have a 64-bit OS)
9HhJgOdl.png

It's great, isn't it?
Connect your phone to the PC, in flashmode mode.
How to do Fastboot mode? Turn off your Phone completely, while the cable is still on.
Wait for the phone, 'till It displays the battery progress.
b0YIw6R.jpg

Now hold the following buttons on the phone: POWER+VOLUME DOWN
Do this until the LED turns GREEN.

Great, the phone is now in Flashmode!
Now, click on the 2nd Icon on Flashtool "BLU"
A6QlRar.png

After that
bn4A9DJ.png

Paste the unlock code which Sony sent to you, and click on unlock.
You'll get bunch of errors but just ignore that.

Voila! Your phone's bootloader is now unlocked. Which means you can now flash recovery.
If you want to relock the Phone, the steps is the exact same, just click on relock.

2. Rooting the phone
Every phone can be rooted, but since the new updates It is hard to find a working root method. I'll show you both methods to root the phone.

1. Towelroot method
The following method only works on these Firmwares: 20.0.A.1.21(Jelly Bean 4.3), 20.1.A.0.47 (KitKat, 4.4.2)
Please check the firmware to make sure you have the correct Firmware (Settings/about phone)
If not SKIP this and check 3. Flashing Recovery tutorial on this topic!

First go to https://towelroot.com/ and tap on the Lambda logo, and install it!
5WEZ8Tzm.png
CeCEkpwm.png

Open towelroot and tap on "Make it ra1r"
0EW2w77m.png

If It says it is successful, go to Google Play and search & install SuperSU
Open the app and update It, If the app asks for It.
If you have Recovery installed choose TWRP, But If you don't have Recovery installed choose the other one.
The phone will restart now, and voila, your phone is rooted!

But wait a sec, what about those people who don't have those specific Firmwares?
Check 3. Flashing Recovery, It's mentioned there.

3. Flashing Recovery
With Recovery you can re-root your phone. This is good for newer Firmwares, which are no longer function with Towelroot.
Or you can backup your entire phone, just in case you are flashing other ROMs, or tweaking Android.

To flash Recovery, you need an unlocked bootloader.
You will need ADB, and the boot.img file for your Device. Make sure you download the correct kernel, or otherwise your phone won't boot! (It will boot, but bugs would occur)
ADB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MKgCbUM0itVVFWRC02Q0VBQnc/view

PhilZ Recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-e1/general/philz-touch-recovery-xperia-e1-t2941831
TWRP Recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-e1/orig-development/kernel-falconss-custom-kernel-t3318209

Open up the Command Prompt (type CMD in Windows, and hit enter)
Navigate to the ADB folder, in this case, I copied the adb files to c:/, which the command would be cd c:/adb
Now, copy the boot.img you downloaded, and paste It to the adb folder

GNdg51X.png

Turn off your Phone, connect your USB cable to the phone and PC, and turn on the phone with Fastboot mode (Power + Volume Up)
If the LED is BLUE then It is in fastboot mode
Now type in:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

And voila, It's Done!
To enter the Recovery, Power + Volume Down, or just tap the WALKMAN button multiple times, when you feel a vibration you can stop pushing the buttons.

The recovery is the most useful utillity in Android, you can re-root your phone, backup your entire Android system, and so on!

Rooting the Phone with Recovery:

with PhilZ recovery:
Advanced->Re-Root System (SuperSU)
Restart your phone, and download SuperSU, and install It, when It asks for the update, just tap on TWRP, It will restart the phone in Recovery mode, and the root will be finally finished.

with TWRP recovery:
Download SuperSU on Google Play, and update Binary
When asked how to update the binary, just tap on TWRP
You will get root the next boot.

Modes on the Xperia E1:

b0YIw6R.jpg

With Cable (PC):
POWER + VOLUME UP (BLUE) (fastboot)
POWER + VOLUME DOWN (GREEN) (flash mode)

Without Cable:
POWER + VOLUME DOWN | PhilZ/TWRP Recovery (GREEN/ CYAN)
WALKMAN | PhilZ/TWRP Recovery (GREEN/ CYAN)

On newer CM/LineageOS builds you'll have to use POWER + VOLUME UP, as tapping the Walkman button no longer works!

Pictures for the tutorials will be included soon, It is for people who can't understand English (Or people who are not familiar with android), hope this will make things much easier.
If I helped you, please hit the THANKS button, It is free!

Last edited:

7Zero3

Mar 3, 2015
Voila! Your phone's bootloader is now unlocked. Which means you can now flash recovery.
If you want to relock the Phone, the steps is the exact same, just click on relock.[/HIDE]

I have relocked it via Flashtool and I can't re-unlock it now. How can i unlock it now to flash Philz Touch Recovery?

I get that Error:
Code:
25/043/2015 20:43:04 - INFO - Unlocking phone using key 0C1CECE4E8F746B0
25/043/2015 20:43:04 - INFO - ...
25/043/2015 20:43:04 - INFO - FAILED (remote: Command did not succeed)
25/043/2015 20:43:04 - INFO - finished. total time: 0.035s

Last edited:

Kizoky

Jun 13, 2014
Between 2 Castles
I have relocked it via Flashtool and I can't re-unlock it now. How can i unlock it now to flash Philz Touch Recovery?

I get that Error:
Code:
I will add it later (I am busy Nnow)

It might be that Flashtool does not support E1 100%. I never had any issues with re-unlocking the Bootloader, as I never tried it before.

G.Pawar

Oct 26, 2014

I get that Error:
Code:

Use Bootstrap Alpha Philz Touch Locked bootloader Recovery for Xperia E1
I use this recovery in my xp E1 dual Lock BL

Send From Xperia E1
If I Help U Then Press Thanks Button It's Free

Reactions: 7Zero3

7Zero3

Mar 3, 2015

Send From Xperia E1

Where can i find it?

It might be that Flashtool does not support E1 100%. I never had any issues with re-unlocking the Bootloader, as I never tried it before.
okay thank you for the information

Last edited:

7Zero3

Mar 3, 2015

barberg

Mar 15, 2015
Actually, the "Root with Recovery" is mentioned in my guide aswell
I don't really know why you created a thread for it .. :confused:

your method does not work anymore thats why it was created as regards to rooting towelroot is void due to firm ware upgrade trust me there is no other method to root xperia e1 hence root = recovery installed

regards

Kizoky

Jun 13, 2014
Between 2 Castles
your method does not work anymore thats why it was created as regards to rooting towelroot is void due to firm ware upgrade trust me there is no other method to root xperia e1 hence root = recovery installed

regards

Yeah, Towelroot does not work, but If you check "3. Flashing Recovery" It is mentioned there long ago.

Restart your phone, and download SuperSU, and install It, when It asks for the update, just tap on TWRP, It will restart the phone in Recovery mode, and the root will be finally finished.

Last edited:

shokmah

Sep 8, 2008
Heres the Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ZCRhr7_DQxUGZpbzlrb3V5SlU/view?usp=sharing

How to Install:
1. Root your phone.
2. Extract the downloaded zip
3. Enable ADB at Settings> Developer Options> USB debugging.
4. Connect your phone to PC using USB
5. Run install.bat

And here i have found it: http://galaxyypocketfans.blogspot.de/2014/11/xperiae1all-variants-bootstrap-for.html
thanks for the link, there was a thread on xda but seems just vanished when they created dedicted E1 sub forum.

Is this recovery more limited than original with unlocked BL ?

Last edited:

7Zero3

Mar 3, 2015
thanks for the link, there was a thread on xda but seems just vanished when they created dedicted E1 sub forum.

Is this recovery more limited than original with unlocked BL ?

No, but you can't flash a custom kernel with this cwm on locked BL.

rootdefyxt320

Oct 4, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Suggestion on how to fix bootloader unlock problem after relocking with flashtool

NOTE: THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE DONE A TA BACKUP. ALWAYS DO A TA BACKUP BEFORE UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER

In this case you should try to restore your TA Backup and you should be able to re-unlock the bootloader. The TA Partition is one of the parts that control the unlocking of the bootloader and the other being aboot, rpm, sbl1, tz, dbi.

defabc043

May 25, 2015
Switching off after sony logo each time power on in seconds

hello guys after i press the power button my experia e1 dual vibrates and shows sony logo then turns off.First i unlocked bootloader by above method then rooted by the 2nd procedure of rooting. then again relocked it.Now what to do?

Anyhow thanks solved

Last edited:

akaseto

Dec 25, 2015
Bumiayu

I get that Error:
Code:

Well, i already solved this issue by flashing this Relock bootloader with flashtool.
check your status now "Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status" If it says No("No" doesn't mean to stop you), you can try to unlock your bootloader again by flashtool refer to the first page, and check your rooting status again.

sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Zero3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide will teach you on how to unlock the bootloader, root the phone, and flash the recovery.
    If you follow my steps no problem will occur.

Latest versions:
    Single
    D2004: 20.1.A.2.19
    D2005: 20.1.A.2.19
    Dual
    D2104: 20.1.B.2.29
    D2105: 20.1.B.2.29
    TV
    D2114: 20.1.B.2.30

All Latest Flashable Stock ROMs: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-e1/development/rom-flashable-stock-roms-d200x-d210x-t3563358

1. Unlocking the bootloader
    Now this one will be tricky. Some phones are force-locked which means It can't be unlocked.
    However, If the phone's bootloader is simply locked, It can be unlocked easily.

Go to http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/
    And select Xperiaâ„¢ E1.
    After that, enter a VALID E-mail address, this is where Sony will send you a link, which will look like this:
    mMcmhWnl.png

Click on "Click here to proceed"

Now something will look like this:
    rUsI7bbl.png

You need to enter your IMEI here, you can find the IMEI on Xperia E1's box, or in the Settings (Settings->About phone->Status)
    Or simply typing *#06# on the phone keypad.
    THERE'S NO TURNING BACK, YOU WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY DOING THIS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

After 1-2 minutes a mail will appear in your E-mail, with a verification code.
    Yay, we have a code! Now what's next?
    We need to download Flashtool. (It's roughly 170mb)
    Are you kidding me?!
    Flashtool: (uploaded.to)
    http://ul.to/7zmty1iv
    Flashtool: (.torrent)
    http://www.flashtool.net/torrents/flashtool-0.9.19.8-windows.exe.torrent

After It's downloaded, we need to install it. It will take about 4-5 minutes, depending on the PC.
    Great! Now we have Flashtool installed. Now we need to unlock the bootloader.
    Find and run Flashtool (Flashtool64 If you have a 64-bit OS)
    9HhJgOdl.png

It's great, isn't it?
    Connect your phone to the PC, in flashmode mode.
    How to do Fastboot mode? Turn off your Phone completely, while the cable is still on.
    Wait for the phone, 'till It displays the battery progress.
    b0YIw6R.jpg

Now hold the following buttons on the phone: POWER+VOLUME DOWN
    Do this until the LED turns GREEN.

Great, the phone is now in Flashmode!
    Now, click on the 2nd Icon on Flashtool "BLU"
    A6QlRar.png

After that
    bn4A9DJ.png

Paste the unlock code which Sony sent to you, and click on unlock.
    You'll get bunch of errors but just ignore that.

If you want to relock the Phone, the steps is the exact same, just click on relock.

2. Rooting the phone
    Every phone can be rooted, but since the new updates It is hard to find a working root method. I'll show you both methods to root the phone.

1. Towelroot method
    The following method only works on these Firmwares: 20.0.A.1.21(Jelly Bean 4.3), 20.1.A.0.47 (KitKat, 4.4.2)
    Please check the firmware to make sure you have the correct Firmware (Settings/about phone)
    If not SKIP this and check 3. Flashing Recovery tutorial on this topic!

First go to https://towelroot.com/ and tap on the Lambda logo, and install it!
    5WEZ8Tzm.png
    CeCEkpwm.png

Open towelroot and tap on "Make it ra1r"
    0EW2w77m.png

If It says it is successful, go to Google Play and search & install SuperSU
    Open the app and update It, If the app asks for It.
    If you have Recovery installed choose TWRP, But If you don't have Recovery installed choose the other one.
    The phone will restart now, and voila, your phone is rooted!

But wait a sec, what about those people who don't have those specific Firmwares?
    Check 3. Flashing Recovery, It's mentioned there.

3. Flashing Recovery
    With Recovery you can re-root your phone. This is good for newer Firmwares, which are no longer function with Towelroot.
    Or you can backup your entire phone, just in case you are flashing other ROMs, or tweaking Android.

To flash Recovery, you need an unlocked bootloader.
    You will need ADB, and the boot.img file for your Device. Make sure you download the correct kernel, or otherwise your phone won't boot! (It will boot, but bugs would occur)
    ADB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MKgCbUM0itVVFWRC02Q0VBQnc/view

PhilZ Recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-e1/general/philz-touch-recovery-xperia-e1-t2941831
    TWRP Recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-e1/orig-development/kernel-falconss-custom-kernel-t3318209

Open up the Command Prompt (type CMD in Windows, and hit enter)
    Navigate to the ADB folder, in this case, I copied the adb files to c:/, which the command would be cd c:/adb
    Now, copy the boot.img you downloaded, and paste It to the adb folder

GNdg51X.png

Turn off your Phone, connect your USB cable to the phone and PC, and turn on the phone with Fastboot mode (Power + Volume Up)
    If the LED is BLUE then It is in fastboot mode
    Now type in:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

And voila, It's Done!
    To enter the Recovery, Power + Volume Down, or just tap the WALKMAN button multiple times, when you feel a vibration you can stop pushing the buttons.

The recovery is the most useful utillity in Android, you can re-root your phone, backup your entire Android system, and so on!

with PhilZ recovery:

with TWRP recovery:
    Download SuperSU on Google Play, and update Binary
    When asked how to update the binary, just tap on TWRP
    You will get root the next boot.

Modes on the Xperia E1:

b0YIw6R.jpg

With Cable (PC):
    POWER + VOLUME UP (BLUE) (fastboot)
    POWER + VOLUME DOWN (GREEN) (flash mode)

Without Cable:
    POWER + VOLUME DOWN | PhilZ/TWRP Recovery (GREEN/ CYAN)
    WALKMAN | PhilZ/TWRP Recovery (GREEN/ CYAN)

On newer CM/LineageOS builds you'll have to use POWER + VOLUME UP, as tapping the Walkman button no longer works!

Pictures for the tutorials will be included soon, It is for people who can't understand English (Or people who are not familiar with android), hope this will make things much easier.
    If I helped you, please hit the THANKS button, It is free!
    Want to know too.

Heres the Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ZCRhr7_DQxUGZpbzlrb3V5SlU/view?usp=sharing

How to Install:
    1. Root your phone.
    2. Extract the downloaded zip
    3. Enable ADB at Settings> Developer Options> USB debugging.
    4. Connect your phone to PC using USB
    5. Run install.bat

And here i have found it: http://galaxyypocketfans.blogspot.de/2014/11/xperiae1all-variants-bootstrap-for.html

I get that Error:
    Code:

Send From Xperia E1

I get that Error:
    Code:

Well, i already solved this issue by flashing this Relock bootloader with flashtool.
    check your status now "Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status" If it says No("No" doesn't mean to stop you), you can try to unlock your bootloader again by flashtool refer to the first page, and check your rooting status again.

sorry for my bad english
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone