How To Guide (Guide) Rooting, payload dumper, magisk_patched guides NE2213

Search This thread

centifanto

Sep 1, 2022
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 10 Pro
in a other post about the C20 a user write we must uninstall magisk... is this an Option or must i do that?
You do not have to unroot if you are locally applying a full upgrade zip. After applying, go to magisk and "Install to other slot"

If trying incremental/OTA, you have to unroot, applying, reboot to new OS, reboot to bootloader, boot patched boot.img, and perform a "direct install" in magisk, reboot and reenable modules.

Edit:
Both methods are valid, but I use the second as it is a little safer IMO. Plus stock boot is easier to restore this way. Also, some firmwares do not get regular full updates sent out so you'll be forced into the second method if you want to be on the latest

Last edited:

beterman

Jan 23, 2017
Bochum
I downloaded the stable(full) c20 is the current one I first have to deactivate my modules in magisk and then in the local install install the file that I downloaded with the oxygen installer

after finished install dont click on restart then i open magisk click on "install to a inactive slot" right?

FreeTheWeb

I'm a Samsung user that took the leap from s20 note to oneplus 10Pro not sure why :) so not aware of how things works.

I mangaed to patch the image boot in fastboot, but i'm stuck with

fastboot: error: cannot load 'magisk_patched.img': No such file or directory

i placed the .img in phone root and also in the pc on the adb folder but no luck.

What do i miss

Thanks,
FTW

Update: had it in wrong folder lol, all done on the 1st day as it arrived.

Not that will matter to be fair, but i assume the warranty is lost now, (done the same thing with th s20)

Last edited:
I'm a Samsung user that took the leap from s20 note to oneplus 10Pro not sure why :) so not aware of how things works.

i placed the .img in phone root and also in the pc on the adb folder but no luck.

What do i miss

Thanks,
FTW

Not that will matter to be fair, but i assume the warranty is lost now, (done the same thing with th s20)

If you ever need to send it in, relock the bootloader. AFAIK, they don't know the difference, or don't bother to check. Either way, I've only ever heard of Samsung (Knox) being an issue in that regard.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro

What do i miss

Thanks,
FTW

Nah not lost, OnePlus historically doesn't care about rooting..you'd just need to do as the above post says and you'll be all good.

Personally I've sent in devices with their bootloader unlocked..

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
To OnePlus? Or anyone in general? lmao that's pretty funny either way.
OnePlus twice and once to Asus, was an Asus prime tablet, bootloader unlocked and rooted running an AOSP ROM.

The OnePlus 5 and the 8 pro iirc.

And yep sent to warranty repair, got all of them back in less than 5 days..pretty amazing service.

Sony was the quickest was back in 2 days.

kouzelnik3

Dec 29, 2011
Prague
jakubkasanda.g6.cz
OnePlus 10 Pro

What do i miss

Thanks,
FTW

I have sent oneplus device twice with unlocked bootloader and with root and they repaired it without any issues, so I can agree they really dont care about root. :D

Reactions: dladz
I managed to root my NE2213 with Android 13 following your guide.
On a phone I just bought.
Update oxygen os/Android 12 to the latest version in the system.
Download oxygen os/Android 13 full update with oxygen updater and update the phone.
Extract the boot.img from the full update with FastbootEnhance on windows 10 (there was a warning that my update file was not a full one, which was wrong, but the extraction was still possible).
Patching the boot image with magisk 25.2 release on the phone.
Oem unlock with fastboot.
Booting on the patched image with fastboot.
Patching the phone from magisk (on the first launch of magisk, it had to connect to internet and reboot the phone so I had to go back in fastboot mode and boot on the patch image again).

Now, with magisk 25200 (release) + zygist LSPosed 1.8.4 (6615) + shamiko 0.5.2 (120) + universal safetynet fix (2.2.1) all is working.
Momo does not detect root because I hide it from it in magisk exclusion list that shamiko use to hide root from selected apps.
Hi, first, thanks to your feedback, it helped me.
I wonder which modules are you using with LsPosed ?
Just installed it and i'm not aware anymore of great modules to use
I used Xposed in 2014 until 2016 but no more
For now i found a module to stop ads for insta, a module for snapchat and that's it
Thanks !

clavelm80

Jan 9, 2017
Annecy
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi, first, thanks to your feedback, it helped me.
I wonder which modules are you using with LsPosed ?
Just installed it and i'm not aware anymore of great modules to use
I used Xposed in 2014 until 2016 but no more
For now i found a module to stop ads for insta, a module for snapchat and that's it
Thanks !
Only App Settings Reborn to change settings for a specific app : force English, unlock rotation, and remove some permissions.
I also have GravityBox (not yet tested on Android 13/T) and XPrivacyLua but these modules are currently not enabled.

Reactions: fozzy056

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Only App Settings Reborn to change settings for a specific app : force English, unlock rotation, and remove some permissions.
I also have GravityBox (not yet tested on Android 13/T) and XPrivacyLua but these modules are currently not enabled.
Check out screen off animation..I miss that.

Also how do you install xposed? It failed failed for my last time I tried.

clavelm80

Jan 9, 2017
Annecy
OnePlus 9 Pro
Check out screen off animation..I miss that.

Also how do you install xposed? It failed failed for my last time I tried.
I use LsPosed, the zygisk version.

Also the magisk plugin Shamiko to restore the "hide root from app" removed since magisk 23(? since the dev was recruted by Google and zygisk was set).

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
I use LsPosed, the zygisk version.

Also the magisk plugin Shamiko to restore the "hide root from app" removed since magisk 23(? since the dev was recruted by Google and zygisk was set).
I shall try this. Thank you sir..

So just install these and I'm golden yea?

Edit: lol there's like 5 versions buddy..

Is it just one item to install?

Think I need a guide. :(

clavelm80

Jan 9, 2017
Annecy
OnePlus 9 Pro

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro

clavelm80

Jan 9, 2017
Annecy
OnePlus 9 Pro
Wouldn't work for me mate. Tried a few modules with the version you've listed and it did appear to be active but the modules wouldn't work at all.

Tried screen off animation v 2.0 and gravity box.
An example for App Settings Reborn (ASR).
Screenshot_2022-10-06-14-14-53-19_b7e9024f54bdc0532418cb6e23c85a7c_1.jpg

In LsPosed app, you need to enable the module and select the apps the module is authorized to modify (red circles).
The button circle in green launch ASR (same than launching the app from the launcher).

Screenshot_2022-10-06-14-15-01-43_b7e9024f54bdc0532418cb6e23c85a7c_1_1.jpg

Then in ASR settings, you enable it per app (green), configure as you like and save at the end (red).
You may have to restart the phone after.
Screenshot_2022-10-06-14-15-20-53_a2cf48ab29b1a36b00e22f76e13f96a9_1_1.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-06-14-15-20-53_a2cf48ab29b1a36b00e22f76e13f96a9_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-06-14-15-20-53_a2cf48ab29b1a36b00e22f76e13f96a9_1.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 19

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: going to be not using my phone for a few months so won't be able to reply here, I'll do what I can to get online but it'll be difficult.

Hope good things happen on this device in the meantime..

Merry Xmas all 👍🏻
    1st

Extracting a boot.img using Fastboot Enhance

Pre-requisites

A device with a working version of magisk manager installed, simply change the channel to the version outlined in the list above relevant to your firmware then select install / update:

A Windows 10 computer / laptop
    A full update downloaded firmware zip for your model (recommend oxygen updater)
    Payload dumper program for Windows.
    The local System Update Installer : normal local system update will not allow a reboot during installation, the one I've linked will.

Process

On your computer

1. Download and copy the fastboot enhance folder to your desktop or a location of your choosing.

Download from here: https://github.com/libxzr/FastbootEnhance/releases

2. Download the firmware of your choice and open it using Winrar or a similar zip program, extract the file called payload.bin a folder of your choosing.

3. Run the program FastbootEnhance.exe, a window will appear, click Payload Dumper, then click browse and point to the payload.bin file, the contents will now be shown.

4. One of the files will be called boot.img, this is the file we'll be patching, click extract then copy this to your phone, root of storage which is called /sdcard.

On your phone

5. Open up Magisk and click Install / Update, if you don't see update then change channel, so this by changing the channel in magisk settings, it'll then show the install/ update buttons.

6. Select "Select and Patch a file" it'll open up a file browser, navigate to the boot.img you copied earlier and select it, allow it to complete (this will output a file called "magisk_patched" (which will be in the Downloads folder)

You now have a patched boot.img ready to flash to either slot with fastboot or boot via fastboot, would recommend booting as this is risk free, if it's a bad image for whatever reason and you choose to flash then your phone may bootloop.

3rd

Rooting using fastboot commands

Method 1

Booting the patched image

1. Obtain a patched boot image for your device variant preferably using payload dumper or download one of mine from the foot of this guide or if you've just performed the above guide you should already have a functional one, copy this file to your fastboot folder on your computer

**NOTE - The above suggested downloads are for the EU / UK variant- if you have another model / firmware please use that instead, If you did not obtain the boot.img from a firmware and patch it yourself, you will need to patch it again in magisk manager to avoid a bootloop, if you still get a bootloop it's best to obtain one yourself using the guide at the top of this post.

2. Reboot your phone to fastboot
    and connect to your computer.

3. Boot the magisk patched img

fastboot boot magisk_patched (or name of your patched boot img)

Your phone should now boot automatically, you should now be rooted but we need to make this permanent, if you were to reboot you would lose root.

4. Open magisk manager and click install/update, if you are missing the install/ update buttons, change magisk version to beta in magisk settings and install the update, the buttons should then show.

5. Select Direct install (recommended) then click ok.

6. Allow magisk to permanently root your device then click reboot.

You should now boot and remain rooted.

Window's version

Windows 7 will not work with fastboot, please use Windows 10

USB

Use USB 2.0 not 3.0 or 3.1

ADB

These are the files i use for ADB (1st in the below list) tested these on fresh installs of windows on several windows machines, all win 10

Place them into the root of C so it reads C:\ADB much easier to navigate to that way.

Bootloader unlock

Boot to the bootloader with adb reboot bootloader

type fastboot flashing unlock

Agree to unlock - allow to boot.

If you can't see the device using ADB

Make sure USB Debugging is turned on

Connect your cable to your phone and computer, when asked what you want your phone to do, click on transfer files, a driver will be installed.

After this reconnect your phone and it'll prompt you with a disclaimer with a check box, check the box and click ok, ADB / Fastboot should now work.
    Hi, just wanted to say thanks! these steps worked for me as i was having a hard time w/unlocking my bootloader w/fastboot oem bootloader...
    Use the like button mate 👍🏻

Glad you're all sorted...

Nice one
    Hi,

Nice to see such a good and helpful thread.

I have op10 pro, both sim cards, BT all time on,gps also, and can not get more than 4 h of SOT.

What you think if i root my phone, will it be better ?

What is pro, cons of rooting ? L1/L3, bank apps, Revolut? If I after root want to sell my phone, just looking BL will switch everything to the stock , without issues ?

Thanks
    Hi,

Nice to see such a good and helpful thread.

I have op10 pro, both sim cards, BT all time on,gps also, and can not get more than 4 h of SOT.

What you think if i root my phone, will it be better ?

What is pro, cons of rooting ? L1/L3, bank apps, Revolut? If I after root want to sell my phone, just looking BL will switch everything to the stock , without issues ?

Thanks
    Your welcome mate...

In regards to root access, I would always do it although some apps may fail or lose the ability to use certain things, I still believe the benefits outweigh the cons ...

To unroot you can do several things, flash a payload via Fastboot enhance then relock the bootloader or just unroot then relock it.

Do not relock if you're rooted, can cause a brick, not dead but not bootable either.

Personally I wouldn't bother relocking but that's me. I'd really miss root access.

Doesn't affect your warranty either
    Hi, i got the phone NE2215 is i can root as in the first post or i have to change region to EU? How to do if necessary? Thanks
    You can use the method but the boot images in the post are for the 2213 variant... So use the guide to extract your own then boot and install directly.
    Hi all,

Thought i'd share a guide on how to get these boot images yourself as well as all the files required, plus the patched boot.img if you just want to go ahead and boot/flash it without obtaining one yourself

Please read the process before committing to proceeding, so you know what's required and what you should and shouldn't use!

Stock and patched images are UK/ EU NE2213 but the guides are universal and could be used on multiple devices.

:)

NOTE:

For these guides the versions used are:
    Stable, Canary or BETA depending on firmware, simply change the channel in Magisk settings then select install / update:

NE2213_11_A.12
    Magisk Manager v24.3 (24300) Stable

NE2213_11_A.13
    Magisk Manager v24.3 (24300) Stable

NE2213_11_A.14
    Magisk Manager v25 (25000) Stable this version retains root after a restart, more stable version over previous iterations.

NE2213_11_A.16
    Magisk Manager v25.2 (25200) Stable

NE2213_11_C_20
    Masigk Manager v25.2 (25200) Stable

NE2213_11_C_21
    Masigk Manager v25.2 (25200) Stable

1st

Extracting a boot.img using Fastboot Enhance

Pre-requisites

A device with a working version of magisk manager installed, simply change the channel to the version outlined in the list above relevant to your firmware then select install / update:

A Windows 10 computer / laptop
    A full update downloaded firmware zip for your model (recommend oxygen updater)
    Payload dumper program for Windows.
    The local System Update Installer : normal local system update will not allow a reboot during installation, the one I've linked will.

Process

On your computer

1. Download and copy the fastboot enhance folder to your desktop or a location of your choosing.

Download from here: https://github.com/libxzr/FastbootEnhance/releases

2. Download the firmware of your choice and open it using Winrar or a similar zip program, extract the file called payload.bin a folder of your choosing.

3. Run the program FastbootEnhance.exe, a window will appear, click Payload Dumper, then click browse and point to the payload.bin file, the contents will now be shown.

4. One of the files will be called boot.img, this is the file we'll be patching, click extract then copy this to your phone, root of storage which is called /sdcard.

On your phone

5. Open up Magisk and click Install / Update, if you don't see update then change channel, so this by changing the channel in magisk settings, it'll then show the install/ update buttons.

6. Select "Select and Patch a file" it'll open up a file browser, navigate to the boot.img you copied earlier and select it, allow it to complete (this will output a file called "magisk_patched" (which will be in the Downloads folder)

You now have a patched boot.img ready to flash to either slot with fastboot or boot via fastboot, would recommend booting as this is risk free, if it's a bad image for whatever reason and you choose to flash then your phone may bootloop.

NOTE** Some people have noticed that an already patched boot.img when flashed can fail and cause a boot loop when flashed,so if you have downloaded a magisk_patched img from somewhere else then you WILL need to re-patch it on your own device preferably using the afore mentioned magisk manager based on what firmware it's from.

If you intend to follow the guide below with your own patched img then you shouldn't need to patch twice but it won't hurt if you do.

;)

2nd

Update from XX stable to XX+ stable whilst retaining root

Guide

**NOTE- Although this may work the system may be unstable, especially when changing bases, eg: Android 11-12 or 12-13, so if you encounter strange behaviour then a factory wipe is advised.

1. Download the relevant firmware for your device via oxygen updater

2. Open Magisk and remove all the modules you have installed, then reboot

**NOTE- At this point I tend to copy out the whole firmware to my computer, incase I need it in the future, the boot img and patched boot img are at the foot of this guide, I'll always upload the latest firmware as soon as it comes out for the UK/EU model

3. Install the OnePlus local install apk listed below in downloads. Click the cog and select "Local Upgrade" the file should be listed on screen, if not then move the file to the root of your phones storage.

4. Click install and allow it to go through the process

**NOTE- DO NOT REBOOT AT THIS POINT YOU WILL LOSE THE ABILITY TO PATCH ON THE FLY, SIMPLY BACK OUT OF THE SCREEN WHICH SAYS "INSTALLATION COMPLETED. RESTART TO EXPERIENCE NEW FEATURES"

5. Open up magisk and click install (you may see two install buttons, top one is magisk and the bottom is magisk manager, we need the top one)

6. You'll be faced with a screen that has several options, you want to select "Install to Inactive slot (After OTA)" then select "LET'S GO" once complete click reboot.

7. Once your phones booted back up your system / files should all remain as they were and you should have root access.

You can now install all your modules again so long as they're compatible with the firmware you've just updated to.

3rd

Rooting using fastboot commands

Method 1

Booting the patched image

1. Obtain a patched boot image for your device variant preferably using payload dumper or download one of mine from the foot of this guide or if you've just performed the above guide you should already have a functional one, copy this file to your fastboot folder on your computer

**NOTE - The above suggested downloads are for the EU / UK variant- if you have another model / firmware please use that instead, If you did not obtain the boot.img from a firmware and patch it yourself, you will need to patch it again in magisk manager to avoid a bootloop, if you still get a bootloop it's best to obtain one yourself using the guide at the top of this post.

2. Reboot your phone to fastboot
    and connect to your computer.

3. Boot the magisk patched img

fastboot boot magisk_patched (or name of your patched boot img)

Your phone should now boot automatically, you should now be rooted but we need to make this permanent, if you were to reboot you would lose root.

4. Open magisk manager and click install/update, if you are missing the install/ update buttons, change magisk version to beta in magisk settings and install the update, the buttons should then show.

5. Select Direct install (recommended) then click ok.

6. Allow magisk to permanently root your device then click reboot.

You should now boot and remain rooted.

Method 2

Flashing to both slots

1. Obtain a patched boot img for your device variant or download one of mine from the foot of this guide or if you've just performed the above guide you should already have a functional one, copy this file to your fastboot folder on your computer

**NOTE - Again the above suggested downloads are for the EU/ UK variant- if you have another model / firmware please use that instead, if you did not obtain the boot.img from a firmware and patch it yourself, you will need to patch it again in magisk manager, to avoid a bootloop

2. Reboot your phone to fastboot and connect to your computer.

Command: adb reboot bootloader

3. Open a command prompt on your computer and navigate to your ADB/fastboot folder.

4. Type the following.

fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched

Press enter.

fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched

Press enter

fastboot reboot

Press enter

6. Your phone should now boot, open magisk and verify you're rooted.

Troubleshooting

If flashing succeeds but you don't have root and you've followed all the instructions, you may have some magisk modules still active, try performing the following.

1. Connect your phone to your computer.

2. Reboot the phone, then during the boot animation enter this command via ADB.

adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules

3. Allow to boot, modules will be removed and root should then be active.

If there is no magisk install / update buttons.

1. Make sure you have granted permission to magisk in settings / apps / magisk / permissions

2. Make sure that the update channel is on canary, then force close magisk and then re-open

3. If it still doesn't work then update magisk using canary

4. Last method to check would be to change to the beta channel in magisk settings, then install it.

Or change the update channel, install the version on offer, then change back to canary, install and you should be good to go.

Window's version

Windows 7 will not work with fastboot, please use Windows 10

USB

Use USB 2.0 not 3.0 or 3.1

ADB

These are the files i use for ADB (1st in the below list) tested these on fresh installs of windows on several windows machines, all win 10

Place them into the root of C so it reads C:\ADB much easier to navigate to that way.

Bootloader unlock

Boot to the bootloader with adb reboot bootloader

type fastboot flashing unlock

Agree to unlock - allow to boot.

If you can't see the device using ADB

Make sure USB Debugging is turned on

Connect your cable to your phone and computer, when asked what you want your phone to do, click on transfer files, a driver will be installed.

After this reconnect your phone and it'll prompt you with a disclaimer with a check box, check the box and click ok, ADB / Fastboot should now work.

Files:

Local System update APK, this must be used as the local OnePlus 10 Pro one will not allow a reboot during the installation, so you cannot install the Magisk boot image during an upgrade, the android 13 local update apk is also required for rolling back to android 12.

Android 13 local update apk

Android 12 local update apk

ADB Files for Windows 10:

Payload dumper program for Windows-
    https://mega.nz/folder/vU00FZDa#PIEfjl5w5wonyNAwHW3FBQ

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.12 Stock boot image

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.12 Patched boot image

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.13 Stock boot image

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.13 Patched boot image

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.14 Stock boot image

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.14 Patched boot image

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.16 Stock boot image

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.16 Patched boot image

Android 13

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_C_20 Stock boot image

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_C_20 Patched boot image

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_C_21 Stock boot image https://mega.nz/folder/LNVxTDYA#yly9xpjFjQhe4De_jqyzbw

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_C_21 Patched boot image
    OP UPDATED: Stock and patched boot images using magisk 25

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.14 Stock boot image

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.14 Patched boot image

If they don't work (they will :) but if for whatever reason they don't) @spevil07 has been so kind to extract and patch and upload for you too, 2 posts up from here so drop the lad a thanks (y)

Please use magisk 25 as it retains root and has a lot of under the hood fixes and tweaks for efficiency.

Cheers (y)
    OP UPDATED: I'm back on stable so will be keeping timely updates and images as soon as they become available.

Heres the (better late than never) stock and patched A16 boot images

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.16 Stock boot image

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.16 Patched boot image
    OP UPDATED: Better late than never, both the boot image and patched boot images are up.

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.13 Stock boot image

Oxygen OS NE2213_11_A.13 Patched boot image

Finally managed to get this horrific PC working where i am, turned out to be a cable that was failing on fastboot but not on adb? who knows, all i know is it took me over a day and 4 windows installations, bloody brutal.

Anyway, i have everything i need now so the second another firmware drops it'll be here in a timely fashion, apologies for the wait.

(y)
    NE2213_11_C20 :
    boot.img and magisk-patched-boot