N3090n3

Feb 2, 2014
Cleveland
MFP

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..

I tryed the first boot loader got to fail then I had to pull the battery and had factory reset to get back in to android and then I tryed to load the insecure kernel and it stoped right there at that above I've factory restored again so i can get back in to android both times I'v had USB debugging & Allow mock locations checked off. now for my 3rd Attempt I've got just stock stuff installed but I'm disabling every program I can my 3rd attemps with insecure kernel with like almost every program on the phone disabled

<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> boot.img
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

restarting and getting c-puz for Senior Member there

SOC
NVIDIA Tegra 2 1.00GHz
CPU ARM Cortex-A9
cores 2
revision r1p0
process 40nm
clock speed 216mhz- 1000mhz
core 0 1000mhz
core 1 1000mhz
cpu load 7%
GPU vendor NVIDIA
GPU Renderer NVIDIA Tegra
Scaling Governor interactive

system
model SGH-I927 (SGH-I927)
manufac samsung
Board SGH-I927
Display IMM76D
Harware n1
Android Version 4.0.4
Kernel architecture armv7I
Kernel Version 3.1.10-I927UCLJ3-CL970642(UCLJ3)
Screen res 480x800
screen den 240dpi
total ram 722mb
available ram 430mb
internal storage 1.97 GB
Available storage 1.62 GB

battery
health good
level 73%
Power source battery
status discharging
technology Li-ion
temperature 34.5 C
voltage 3925mV

Any other info you guys want to know about my phone? I'm then happy to share. Only out of normal thing I know of about my phone is I keep the back warped in tinfoil to help me pick up signal (life hack MOFO My friend make fun of me for carrying around giant shiny brick, till we go out to my hunting cabin.Then I'm the only one who can make phone call with out driven 1/4 mile down the road to "the hill". They shut the hell up then!) & I keep huge honk-en battery in it so I only have to charge every other day. 20 bucks for the both of them & a back off amazon.com last fall.

I really want to get root guys! I put up with not having it for so long its crazy
I want to over clock.
I also want to uses some of those wifi booster apps.
And most of all I want to put uses to those apps that can uses like 4GB of your sd card as ram.

I can afford to get a new phone I just love my phone! and I know I can make my phone better If I had root!

I tryed the first boot loader got to fail then I had to pull the battery and had factory reset to get back in to android and then I tryed to load the insecure kernel and it stoped right there at that above I've factory restored again so i can get back in to android both times I'v had USB debugging & Allow mock locations checked off. now for my 3rd Attempt I've got just stock stuff installed but I'm disabling every program I can my 3rd attemps with insecure kernel with like almost every program on the phone disabled

<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> boot.img
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

restarting and getting c-puz for Senior Member there

SOC
NVIDIA Tegra 2 1.00GHz
CPU ARM Cortex-A9
cores 2
revision r1p0
process 40nm
clock speed 216mhz- 1000mhz
core 0 1000mhz
core 1 1000mhz
cpu load 7%
GPU vendor NVIDIA
GPU Renderer NVIDIA Tegra
Scaling Governor interactive

system
model SGH-I927 (SGH-I927)
manufac samsung
Board SGH-I927
Display IMM76D
Harware n1
Android Version 4.0.4
Kernel architecture armv7I
Kernel Version 3.1.10-I927UCLJ3-CL970642(UCLJ3)
Screen res 480x800
screen den 240dpi
total ram 722mb
available ram 430mb
internal storage 1.97 GB
Available storage 1.62 GB

battery
health good
level 73%
Power source battery
status discharging
technology Li-ion
temperature 34.5 C
voltage 3925mV

Any other info you guys want to know about my phone? I'm then happy to share. Only out of normal thing I know of about my phone is I keep the back warped in tinfoil to help me pick up signal (life hack MOFO My friend make fun of me for carrying around giant shiny brick, till we go out to my hunting cabin.Then I'm the only one who can make phone call with out driven 1/4 mile down the road to "the hill". They shut the hell up then!) & I keep huge honk-en battery in it so I only have to charge every other day. 20 bucks for the both of them & a back off amazon.com last fall.

I really want to get root guys! I put up with not having it for so long its crazy
I want to over clock.
I also want to uses some of those wifi booster apps.
And most of all I want to put uses to those apps that can uses like 4GB of your sd card as ram.

I can afford to get a new phone I just love my phone! and I know I can make my phone better If I had root!

have a look at my guide in my signature it may help you :D (root is amazing!)

Reactions: N3090n3

N3090n3

Feb 2, 2014
Cleveland
ok so it taken me some time to get my phone rooted I walked away from the Idea for a few months but I downloaded a program called V-root from mgyun-com in order to get root access with HaiPai A9592 witch is an S4 clone with a MTK6592 chip and I got my root in one click with that and I was like what the hell plugged in my i927 after it worked for that phone the V-root found the i927 with no problems and I clicked root BOOM it worked

downside to the program its on in mandarin

so get your drivers from kies
download V-Root
click big green button down at the bottom right side
then it will find the phone as ???I927
then click the big green button again
then you will have root access

and when you need to click to give things root permission click the button on the right

I hope this helps any one else that has problems getting root with I927 I will make a youtube video here shortly and post link to that happy rooting guys!!!!!!!

Reactions: sordna

slayerbizkit

Apr 14, 2013
I followed the instructions and got the correct file into the pda slot with Odin. When I hit start, it says added removed, "success 0, failure 0" and my phone never reboots. IS there a step I'm missing here? (I'm using the OP's setup guide)

Reactions: Makshow

jayjayjoker2

Jun 6, 2011
Salt Lake City
I followed the instructions and got the correct file into the pda slot with Odin. When I hit start, it says added removed, "success 0, failure 0" and my phone never reboots. IS there a step I'm missing here? (I'm using the OP's setup guide)

Are you using a USB port that is integrated to the motherboard that fixes connection problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

miseryvein

Jun 10, 2014
not able to enter ODIN mode...?

ive got all the components i need, and originally i was just testing to be sure i was doing things right by testing ODIN mode as i knew i could cancel it safely, but later i used samsung KIES to update firmware to kitkat, now for some apparent reason ODIN mode no longer comes up? whats different now that i updated firmware, why cant i use ODIN now? is it just a differnt key sequence now?

albsp15

Aug 14, 2013
Need help to root SGH-I927R (Rogers)

Hi;

I'm afraid links to initial rooted Rogers flash are dead (Rapidshare does not work anymore). Could someone add new links?

PS.- I've found in this thread the following link to the file SGH-I927RUXKJ5_STOCK_ROOTED.tar.bz2 (290.298.391 bytes, containning SGH-I927RUXKJ5_STOCK_ROOTED.tar => Containing the following files:
cache.img
factoryfs.img
modem.bin
recovery.img

http://narod.ru/disk/52937282001.f14...D.tar.bz2.html

Could I use these files to root my SGH-I927R (Rogers) ?

If so, Could someone comment me which of those files should I load with Odin to root the phone? (is it a PIT, BL, AP, CP, or CSC file?)

... And wich option should I use in Odin to load it (I've downloaded Oding 3.09), and by default it shows "Auto reboot" and "F. Reset time"... Should I add any additional option? (Re-Partition, Flash lock, Led control, Nand erase all, T Flash, Autostart)

Please, let me ask a last question... : As I'm not root yet, I can't backup the EFS directory... which type of backup do you suggest me to perform before trying to root the phone?

Thanks!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally, the Captivate Glide is successfully rooted.
    Credit:

• lambgx02 who provided the Carrier IQ free kernel (by Rogers) and the insecure kernel and the Rogers rooted ROM!!!
    • ardatdat who provided the rooted ROM and the overclocked kernel
    • samsfirware.com that provided the firmware without which nothing would have been possible
    • myself, crazy tester who bricked his device
    Very easy steps:
    If you are on Rogers, no need to flash the kernel, it is already CarrierIQ free

1. Download Odin 1.85
    2. Download the CarrierIQ FREE kernel (zip file) or the overClocked version of it.
    3. Download the rooted ROM (AT&T based ROM)
      or the Rogers rooted based rom (Unzip with WinRAR not 7zip)
    4. Unzip the file and keep the .tar, that the file you are going to push to your device
    5. Put your phone in Download Mode:
      • Turn off the phone
      • Press volume UP and keeping the button pressed, press the power button
      • a screen should ask you if you wanna continue - press volume up to confirm
    6. Launch Odin
    7. in PDA, select the first kernel downloaded (tar file you just unzipped)
    8. DON'T SELECTor UNSELECT ANYTHING ELSE
    9. Press the start button
    10. Wait for your phone to reboot
    11. This kernel will remove any traces of CarrierIQ, and you are now free from AT&T Spyware
      • IF AND ONLY IF this flashing fails, try the exact same steps with the insecure kernel
    12. Reboot your device into download mode again (steps above)
    13. Flash the rooted rom
    14. Go to the market and make sure you have the latest version of superuser
    15. go to superuser, check you have "su" updated

You're now rooted!

For any other questions, watch this first PLEASE:
    N
    Nardholio
    I don't use the Captivate Glide as my daily anymore, but I do NOT recommend using any of the methods in this thread to root your phone because they are for Gingerbread. The newer ICS roms do work on Rogers. Rooting with ICS is as simple as flashing CWM with Odin and then flashing superuser.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using xda premium
    There is already a thread for this... reporting for locking.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

I don't think it needs locked, they need their own subforum. We can put up with them here till they get it, they need a space to develop, too.

And congrats on getting root into the kernel rom!
    Hey, wait a minute.. I provided the rooted rom.. :D

But in all honesty, that's the easy part. Those nagging Samsung, the testers risking their devices, and of course, the OP who finally found the stock firmware images deserve the credit. Not to mention sammobile.com / samfirmware.com.
    I have found that the faster new way to root the phone is to flash CWM first and then flash the rooted kernel from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1468626 via CWM. Took me a few minutes to do.
    indeed but you still need ODIN to flash the recovery
    once you have CWM any custom rom have root included ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone