[GUIDE] Rooting the SCH-I545 with SuperSU

Search This thread

PriusVapor

Oct 17, 2017
Inside The Tubes
www.twitter.com
All I can think of regarding FlashFire is to take a look at the following post regarding it.

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=76673408

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900V device.

do you happen to have the VZW_OF1_WifiFix.zip file? No mirrors, also I found out why flashfire kept crashing is because the date wasn't set to october 9th 2015 I'm currently installing the ROM but need the WiFi fix i'm pretty sure

do you happen to have the VZW_OF1_WifiFix.zip file? No mirrors, also I found out why flashfire kept crashing is because the date wasn't set to october 9th 2015 I'm currently installing the ROM but need the WiFi fix i'm pretty sure
I just responded to you on the following thread post...

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=77475051

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900V device.

Sep 6, 2018
root phone but!!

Hi, rooted the phone went fine using supersu

but after shutting down, will not boot. It showed a Samsung lock screen for a sec then would not boot.

I can get into the recover, but do not know what I am doing. tried to relode
supersu but still will not boot.

What to do.

Thanks Teresamarie

Hi, rooted the phone went fine using supersu.......
Try this...

1) Pull the battery out of the device.

2) With the battery out, press and hold the power button (not really hard. just like normal) for 30 seconds to 1 minute then release it.

3) Place the battery back in (with the rear cover back on of course).

Now try and boot it back up and, hopefully, it will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sep 6, 2018
Well did not work but found another thread using Odin with the
Right files and that worked.
U guys need to expand that Odin is a pc program!!
Just installed on puter then finally realized it lol.
Not rooted yet but am kinda happy with the result. Very little
Verizon junk was a actual samsung s4 reinstall other than
King root, any other u would recommend???
Thanks alot.

Well did not work but found another thread using Odin with the
Right files and that..........
For my GS4 I545 (with a Locked Bootloader), I use the Wondershare MobileGO PC Software.

When the Wondershare obtains root in the device it then installs SuperSU for Root Management.

It's been a while since I had done it because I haven't needed to do it again in quite some time.

This is the best I can do for a recommendation... :thumbup:

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reactions: Captain_GPL

fadestyle

Jan 18, 2007
www.fadestyle.com
I am trying to resurrect this old phone for my daughter for her first phone and i am wondering if anyone knows if lineageOS can be installed on this version? can odin be used to install lineage 18.1 on this? https://download.lineageos.org/jfltevzw

i have been searching for two days now and have not found clear answers and instructions for this version I545VRSGPL1

thanks for helping me resurrect this phone.

JohnieJ

Feb 25, 2017
I am trying to resurrect this old phone for my daughter for her first phone and i am wondering if anyone knows if lineageOS can be installed on this version? can odin be used to install lineage 18.1 on this? https://download.lineageos.org/jfltevzw

i have been searching for two days now and have not found clear answers and instructions for this version I545VRSGPL1

You might wish to read this: https://xdaforums.com/t/lineageos-on-sch-i545-with-android-5-0-1-build-lrx22c-i545vrsgpl1.3889568/

Not look'n too good...

JohnieJ

Feb 25, 2017

What are your exact end game for your daughter? A functional phone or a damn good media player? If it's a media player, without much money involved I might suggest non-Verizon S5's. I have two I bought on ebay for around ~20.00 and have installed Lineage 17.1 & 18 on and they work great for a pocket media player...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: This method has been tested exclusively on the Verizon SCH-I545 on build number LRX22C.I545VRSGPL1. Any attempts to do this on another ROM/build/phone are not recommended unless you feel like taking a risk.

By now it's presumably old news that GPL1 has been rooted with KingRoot. However, I've seen people actually using KingRoot as their superuser app, which is really bad for those who want to accept OTAs and have a legitimate SU management app. So, I made this guide for those people. Enjoy!

1) ROOTING

1. Download KingRoot 4.5 from here.
    2. Enable unknown sources and install.
    3. Press the button and wait for the root. The phone may reboot, don't be worried. Once root has been obtained and KingRoot says "waiting for root request", turn off auto-update in KingRoot settings and proceed immediately to step 2.

2) Transfer to SuperSU
    1. Download Super-Sume from the Play Store: Link
    NOTE: If you don't feel like paying for the app you can download it from the dark places on the interwebs... BUT I don't endorse that so here is a free script that you can use :good:

For those who used Super-Sume
    1. Install SuperSU from the Play Store: Link
    Note: DO NOT OPEN SUPERSU!!!
    2. Open Super-Sume and press the big blue button with the bugdroid on it! Wait until the process is complete. If SuperSU does not open automatically, ensure the process is complete and open the app yourself.
    3. Update SU binary with normal, reboot, and PROFIT! Now rooted with SuperSU.

For those who used the script
    Follow this guide: Link

I plan on adding more useful tips to this guide, such as debloat lists. In the meantime, leave a thanks and enjoy your properly rooted phone!!!
    I just want to be sure: will this method allow me to flash TWRP via Odin, and a custom ROM?
    No. You can only use Flashfire to flash ROMs. SuperSU is required for Flashfire, hence the need for this guide.

IWSJX5e.jpg
    I am sooOOoOoo happy this worked. :D Rooted with LRX22C.I545VRSGPL1. PL1 boot loader! Love it! :good:

Just purchased a new S4 Verizon to replace a getting flaky S3 and was really wondering if it could be done. I am currently using a S3 with a ton of custom software. Also a ton of root required apps. Needed root badly to use them.

Thanks to @Jrhotrod for all the work. Now off to finding a custom rom to get rid of the Verizon BS.

Have a great day folks! :cool:
    I am sooOOoOoo happy this worked. :D Rooted with LRX22C.I545VRSGPL1. PL1 boot loader! Love it! :good:

Just purchased a new S4 Verizon to replace a getting flaky S3 and was really wondering if it could be done. I am currently using a S3 with a ton of custom software. Also a ton of root required apps. Needed root badly to use them.

Thanks to @Jrhotrod for all the work. Now off to finding a custom rom to get rid of the Verizon BS.

Have a great day folks! :cool:
    Thank you! :D

Regarding a custom ROM, you will unfortunately be unable to use it. Assuming you're using FlashFire (virtually the only flash tool on the latest software), the flash will succeed. But due to Verizon's restrictions, their watchdog in the bootloader will detect a change in kernel and you'll be unable to boot. Trust me, I've tried to flash CM12 and it gave me a screen telling me that it was insecure software or some crap like that.

You may have made the wrong decision upgrading to a Verizon S4. Depending on your budget (and how much you bought the Verizon one for) I would recommend getting the unlocked one (GT-19505) for slightly more money. It is easy to get TWRP and flash CM/Lineage.
    @Jrhotrod

Well FUDGE (Polite Talk!) :rolleyes: I just looked and I can find white ones, but no black. However, beggars cannot be choosy! I know that my SIM from my S3 will swap to the S4 Verizon. Will my S3 SIM plop into this GT, or will I have to do something strange. If it will work, I'll go ahead and buy the White one. I'll be more comfortable with TWRP & Nano Backups! They WORK :good:

Thanks in advance for your assistance! :good:
    As long as your sim card fits the Verizon S4, it will fit in the GT as well. The hardware in the Verizon variant is literally no different than the i9505.

If you want a slightly more powerful Exynos processor, go for the GT-19500. However, I don't believe that the developers at LineageOS support that variant, so choose carefully. Powerful processors are more battery-hungry.

And do keep in mind that when it concerns old phones, there are many cases where beggars can be choosers. Make sure to look on Swappa, eBay, and Craigslist before deciding that the white one is the only one available.