[Guide] Rooting Xperia M4 Aqua

Search This thread

LilaLis

Dec 1, 2016
Thank YOU!

I was having such trouble to root that phone, I was thinking about to buy another. You helped so much putting everything in simple way.

YJVD

Aug 3, 2015
Not Supported?

I tried rooting my device but it said it was not supported. I just updated my E2023 to the recent marshmallow update. Could that be the cause?:confused:

kian7890

Jan 28, 2017
it doesnt work. it says it has been installed but when i use root checker.it says it isnt installed???
im using an e2303 model

rfurb

Mar 14, 2017
Unlocked boorloader NOT needed !

Do you need an unlocked bootloader? Any one else got any success?

No, you do NOT need un unlocked bootloader, at least for Android 5.0 and device model E2303.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Does anyone know if this will work on Xperia Aqua M4 model E2303?

Yes, it does, at least for Android 5.0. I just did it on mine.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

I am at step Install.bat and the CMD windows is stuck at daemon started succsessfuly.

That same has happened to me.

Here is how I managed to solve it:

1- Download the specific driver for model Xperia M4 from Sony's develpers website and install it.

(dl.developer.sonymobile.com/drivers/Xperia_M4_Aqua_driver_01.zip)

2- After enabling USB debugging, in that same section also check the option "Enable OEM unlock"

After doing these two steps I retried and got passed that "daemon started" message where I was previously stuck at and the rooting process completed successfully.

taiga86

Jan 8, 2016
I'm planning to install the official Marshmallow ROM.

Does it work on Marshmallow? I want root on locked bootloader please.

vladberes

Feb 23, 2017
Don`t work

"--- E23xx rootkit 2016/04/20 ---

waiting fo device...
DEVICENAME: tulip_ss

Your device is not supported.

--- all finished ---
Press any key to continue . . ."

Why didn`t work? what can i do to work?

cirnocirno

Dec 1, 2010
Doesn't work, says my device isn't supported.
Model - E2303 8GB/Single SIM
Build - 26.3.A.1.33

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    Since I had some troubles rooting my Xperia M4 Aqua the other day, I made a video tutorial on how to root it, because it was kinda hard for a newbie like me to root it with the help of other posts on the forums. The tutorial is a step by step tutorial, and I hope it will help newbies like me to root their phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHAcze1T4sQ

And for those who would rather root their phone via the textual step by step tutorial, here it is:

1. Go to settings on your phone >about phone>build version and tap the ''build version'' couple of times till you don't get a message saying you're now a developer.

2. Go to developer options>USB debugging and check that.

3. Download these files on your computer desktop:
    adb-setup: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kby09bi319h4gvi/adb-setup-1.3.exe
    Xperia rootkit: http://www.mediafire.com/download/awrsi78ddjl0x2r/rootkitXperia_E23xx_26.1.X.3.xxx.zip

4. When you have downloaded those files, open adb-setup and install it. Type ''Y'' on every row.

5. Unzip the rootkit folder, and just copy the whole folder (not what's inside the folder, you must copy the whole folder) and paste it to local disk C in the ''adb'' folder.

6. Now plug your Xperia M4 Aqua in the USB which is connected to your PC, and click ''OK'' when a window pops out on your phone for USB debugging.

7. Now, open the ''adb'' folder, and then the rootkit folder and click on the file ''install.bat''

8. Wait for the installing process to be done, your phone will restart once, and when it turns on, just click enter on the cmd windows, and that's it.

Your Xperia M4 Aqua is now rooted. Enjoy.
    it's work, tested by me. I'm using the same device with you

Help Im stuck at daemon installed successfully.. Ehat is the problem?
    Will this work on Xperia M4 Aqua E2353 version . 112?
    i have done the guide, but i dont saw any supersu app or anything new its normal???
    Install the super super apk.
    in my xperia m4 E2303 the first time bricked my device the second works perfectly