How To Guide [GUIDE] [RUI3] Unlock bootloader on RealmeUI 3 with deep testing.

Search This thread

plarfman

Dec 24, 2017
It is now possible to unlock bootloader using the in-depth deep testing app, however it will only work on Thailand firmware, so we are going to flash the Thailand firmware and use the in-depth app on it.

Links:

Flashing Thailand firmware:​

We are going to flash this in SP flash tool, first, let's setup MTK authorization bypass (if you have already setup python and drivers then skip this)

1. Install python from https://www.python.org/downloads/ and make sure it's configured
  2. Go to the Driver folder, right click cdc.acm.inf and install it.

8644e90695308de2be0c7.png

Install libusb port filter, afterwards click Next and hold volume up and down button, then choose MediaTek USB Port.
99bc0494740baebde354f.png

Now click install, next install UsbDK from here: https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk/releases/

Once you have done that, open a CMD/Powershell in the directory of MTKClient, write pip3 install -r requirements.txt and python mtk payload, hold the volume up and down button and plug the device in
8d61915200caa6d9aaa26.png

If everything went well, you should be seeing this:
a00ff10337914042bf8cb.png

Now open SP Flash tool, go to Options > Option
824b691bc85200473df5d.png

Now go to Connection and select UART, set the baud rate to 921600
8eb7dbb9c6643d887eae0.png

Now, open the scatter file (MT6785_Android_scatter.txt) from the directory of the firmware, it should load the firmware
1339184bc1fed17e6ca1d.png

Unselect opporeserve2 and click the Download button, it should start flashing

Once it is done flashing, you should see this:
2c07cc828399c79ec50e6.png

Don't forget to reboot the device into recovery mode (volume down + power) and format data.

Updating to RealmeUI 3:

Since it is not possible to use the deep testing app on RealmeUI 2, you must update to RealmeUI 3, simply update it from the update app in settings, if you do not get the update, we can't do anything about it.

No need, replaced firmware link with RealmeUI 3 Thailand firmware, just flash that and use the in-depth app in the guide!

Using the deep testing app and unlocking the bootloader:​

Download and install the deep testing app, tap "Apply Now" and accept the agreement, you should be seeing this now:

6f7db30beb0497b33f50b.png

Wait 3 to 5 minutes, close the app and reopen again, tap "Query verification status" and you should see this:

c85ec0df92f7004f7b246.png

This means your device now has unlocked fastboot access, tap "Start deep testing" and the device will reboot to fastboot mode

beb8f9c3563ea2c9bd88c.png

If you see this, the device is now in fastboot mode, to unlock the bootloader plug the device into a PC and write fastboot flashing unlock in Fastboot/ADB directory, you should see this:

828b81d91a3eabcc5d254.png

Press the volume up button, the bootloader is now unlocked, congratulations!

NOTE: you can return to any EEA/Indian firmware you were on before and still have the bootloader unlocked.

Credits:
@bkerler for MTKClient

Last edited:

AE_Fahim

Jan 19, 2018
I tried this method on my primary Realme 8 device (Bangladeshi varaint) and it did worked.

AE_Fahim

Jan 19, 2018
Also a pro tip for recovery mode can't be accessed after changing firmware and device keep rebooting after every 5 mins while stuck in realme bootanimation
download latest platform tools from google's official developer website, go to fastboot mode, enter command "fastboot reboot recovery"
you will be in recovery mode
then format data
your device will boot to OS after that

AE_Fahim

Jan 19, 2018
No. It's not working on RUI3 c.09 version. I've tried on my Bangladeshi 8/128 GB variant. And it got bricked after flashing the Thailand firmware. 💔
Stuck on recovery mode text? Then you should erase userdata, metadata and md_udc using mtkclient

And yes, mine is also Bangladeshi 8/128 varaint.

AE_Fahim

Jan 19, 2018
I don't know why after unlocking, entering recovery mode gets difficult. I wish that can be accessed while pressing buttons.
It's like recovery combo turns into fastboot combo
Also Oppo/Realme stock recovery has a problem when magisk is installed. It will bootloop forever when reboot to recovery from magisk and it's pretty hard to get into fastboot mode that moment.
The real fix for that problem is restore stock boot and dm-verity image

Last edited:

AE_Fahim

Jan 19, 2018
Flash is not completing bro. Have a check on the Screenshot and suggest.
Looks like your file got somehow corrupted. You can try downloading ofp file, manually decrypting it and merging multiple super.img using simg2img (super 2 must be Thailand) and setting super download is true from scatter file.

Yadhevdev66

Apr 9, 2018
all set! I went to fastboot mode using deeptest tool. But i don't know what to do after that to unlock the bootloder device. Kindly help me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is now possible to unlock bootloader using the in-depth deep testing app, however it will only work on Thailand firmware, so we are going to flash the Thailand firmware and use the in-depth app on it.

Links:

Flashing Thailand firmware:​

We are going to flash this in SP flash tool, first, let's setup MTK authorization bypass (if you have already setup python and drivers then skip this)

1. Install python from https://www.python.org/downloads/ and make sure it's configured
    2. Go to the Driver folder, right click cdc.acm.inf and install it.

8644e90695308de2be0c7.png

Install libusb port filter, afterwards click Next and hold volume up and down button, then choose MediaTek USB Port.
    99bc0494740baebde354f.png

Now click install, next install UsbDK from here: https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk/releases/

Once you have done that, open a CMD/Powershell in the directory of MTKClient, write pip3 install -r requirements.txt and python mtk payload, hold the volume up and down button and plug the device in
    8d61915200caa6d9aaa26.png

If everything went well, you should be seeing this:
    a00ff10337914042bf8cb.png

Now open SP Flash tool, go to Options > Option
    824b691bc85200473df5d.png

Now go to Connection and select UART, set the baud rate to 921600
    8eb7dbb9c6643d887eae0.png

Now, open the scatter file (MT6785_Android_scatter.txt) from the directory of the firmware, it should load the firmware
    1339184bc1fed17e6ca1d.png

Unselect opporeserve2 and click the Download button, it should start flashing

Once it is done flashing, you should see this:
    2c07cc828399c79ec50e6.png

Don't forget to reboot the device into recovery mode (volume down + power) and format data.

Updating to RealmeUI 3:

Since it is not possible to use the deep testing app on RealmeUI 2, you must update to RealmeUI 3, simply update it from the update app in settings, if you do not get the update, we can't do anything about it.

No need, replaced firmware link with RealmeUI 3 Thailand firmware, just flash that and use the in-depth app in the guide!

Using the deep testing app and unlocking the bootloader:​

Download and install the deep testing app, tap "Apply Now" and accept the agreement, you should be seeing this now:

6f7db30beb0497b33f50b.png

Wait 3 to 5 minutes, close the app and reopen again, tap "Query verification status" and you should see this:

c85ec0df92f7004f7b246.png

This means your device now has unlocked fastboot access, tap "Start deep testing" and the device will reboot to fastboot mode

beb8f9c3563ea2c9bd88c.png

If you see this, the device is now in fastboot mode, to unlock the bootloader plug the device into a PC and write fastboot flashing unlock in Fastboot/ADB directory, you should see this:

828b81d91a3eabcc5d254.png

Press the volume up button, the bootloader is now unlocked, congratulations!

NOTE: you can return to any EEA/Indian firmware you were on before and still have the bootloader unlocked.

Credits:
    @bkerler for MTKClient
    How do I relock?
    Nice tutorial!
    Does it work on realme UI 3.0 C.09 (bootloader locked)?
    It shouldn't matter which firmware you are on right now, as for updating to TH RUI3 firmware it dosen't matter which C.0x it is as long as it's RealmeUI 3.
    Can I flash thiland c.11 rom in c.12 Indian rom (c.12 is the new August update in Indian realme8 rom)

IMG_20220830_085436.jpg