R324D

Jan 3, 2015
Indonesia
OnePlus X
Xiaomi Mi 8
It's not working on mi8 running pe11..
Apps still detect device is rooted :(

After blacklisting in Magisk Hide, change Magisk app package name

This can be done using "Hide Magisk Manager" option under Settings.

Above method has helped me to make any Bank app run!
I also run a test different banking apps even i don't have account on it, just to test if it's run or it isn't.

The result is, some apps can pass through by magiskhide and some apps don't.. so it depends on the apps itself.

Last edited:

starpandi2004

Jan 25, 2013
Madurai, Tamilnadu, INDIA
LG G4
LG G6
It's not working on mi8 running pe11..
Apps still detect device is rooted :(

I also run a test different banking apps even i don't have account on it, just to test if it's run or it isn't.

The result is, some apps can pass through by magiskhide and some apps don't.. so it depends on the apps itself.
did you change the app package name under settings...try that will help

Aug 4, 2015
Thanks for "Island" info. was able to make IPPB app work on Moto G5S+ (ArrowOS 11 Gapps) rooted with Magisk 22.0 (EdXposed installed). .Magisk Hide didn't work for me.:):love:(y)

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
Apparently being on a custom ROM affects how Island works. I am running Project Sakura the latest buld which is an Android 11 ROM. No luck using Island. I even tried completely rmoving Magisk and root but my banking app still fails to run. In Comparison my wife's phone is on stock and not rooted but unlocked and the banking app works just fine. We both use Moto G7+ phones.

iamMG

Jun 12, 2012
New Delhi
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hello @kvbkiran I am also using the same method for yono sbi app but it isn't starting. I tried magisk hide, i changed magisk package name, I tried island (your method). But nothing works. Although the app for bank of baroda works flawless.
I'm using a realme X2 pro running aosip 10.
Same issue with me. I don't know how Yono is able to circumnavigate MagiskHide when most apps can't. Btw, did you ever find a solution to it?

anuraganuj707

Jan 16, 2019
Experiencing the same issue.
But its not only the bootloader in my opinion.
I love Havoc OS, which is based on Google Pixel software. Payconiq isn't working on this ROM.
When using Lineage OS nightlies, Payconiq was working last week, but I missed to much, so moved back to Havoc OS.
Currently using a PocoPhone F1.
3-4 months back i was also using nightlies on realme 2 pro, installed and tried opening yono but it didn't...but one lucky day i randomly opened and it opened (cant remember if i had updated or not , coz i don't update every nightlies)

And before shifting to another rom i used migrate and agian it worked.

ablivian

May 11, 2010
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
I found a solution. Use Magisk and search for magisk frida and hide root access for your banking apps.
Screenshot_20210815-001201_Magisk.png

JuloGang

Oct 6, 2017
Revolut works with this method. However the guide in the first post could be updated with more details as it didn't work when I just followed this post.

I had to also go in Magisk settings and use Rename magisk, then also I had to activate Magisk Hide, I also installed Safetynet and safetynet fix, then at the bottom of Magisk 23.0 screen there are several icon, one of which looks like a shield: I selected this icon, then I added exclusions to Revolut and to Island, also clicking on ear app line to display the list of subprocesses and enabling the black listing for each subprocess.

After that, the cloned Revolut inside island worked fine.

The island is recognized as a new device in Revolut so to activate it I had to clone a web browser in order copy paste the activation link in the Island browser.

I am on Android 11 - LineageOS 18.1 for lithium=Xiaomi Mi Mix (the first model released in 2016).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a way to work any banking app in rooted android devices running nougat and above. I tested in android 10.
    From nougat onward google has provided natively support to work profile. (https://support.google.com/work/android/answer/6191949?hl=en). Shortly what it does is create an account which isolates everything from main profile(current data). So it also has to isolate root too.. So we can use this advantage to run banking apps which wont support in rooted apps, specifically some apps that wont work even you use magisk hide or any other software.
    you need an app to create and turn on the work profile. There's not a lot. I found too apps 1. Island 2. Shelter. Island can be found in play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.island&hl=en).
    1, download and install
    2. create a work profile (just follow the instructions on the screen)
    now there will be two profiles one is main and another is island
    3. clone your desired app. it will ask for the root permission.
    4. open the app from the island
    you can create shortcuts from that island
    if you are using default launcher a new work profile tab will be appear which will show app drawer in work profile. You can turn on and off that profile whenever you want.
    If you want to delete the profile go to island app >> three dots menu >> settings >> setup & shutdown click on the delete button beside the island. if it wont work got to your phone settings >> accounts >> there you will see a work profile at the bottom click on the "remove."

https://youtu.be/CSb3NQpqhQs
    i used my native banking app it worked flawlessly.:)
    Some of the apps can detect root information even after you use magisk hide. But using 'island' apk all banking apps are working without any prob.

After blacklisting in Magisk Hide, change Magisk app package name

This can be done using "Hide Magisk Manager" option under Settings.

Above method has helped me to make any Bank app run!
    Trying to use Payconiq by Bancontact here in Belgium on a rooted phone with custom rom and nothing works
    Magisk hide - nope
    Changing magisk name - nope
    Uninstalling busybox - nope
    Island - nothing
    Turning off usb debugging and developper options - nope
    Safety net passed - still nope

This is so annoying..
    If anyone has tips..

I am also facing the same problems,
    specifically the "Security Check - Device compliance for payments" app says "Root detection not passed" with some obscure numbers instead of a decent description... Has anyone had any success with this in the last year or so and is willing to share?
    All the banking apps working properly using this application called island:?.
    Just use magisk hide to hide the app from detecting root and hide magisk in settings
    No it's not working for all the banking apps.

Some of the apps can detect root information even after you use magisk hide. But using 'island' apk all banking apps are working without any prob.