[Guide] Samsung Galaxy J700P root w/ TWRP

Search This thread

minz1

Recognized Developer
Aug 10, 2016
TWRP Link: https://dl.twrp.me/j7ltespr/
Phh's SuperUser: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/wip-selinux-capable-superuser-t3216394
Odin: http://odindownload.com/ (DOWNLOAD 3.0.9)

After you download TWRP, install Odin. Then follow the steps below.

1. Launch Odin
2. Put your J7 into download mode (hold volDown + power + home during boot)
3. Using your charger cord, plug your J7 into your PC while it's in download mode; make sure Odin is open.
4. In Odin, press the 'AP' button, and select the TWRP .tar you downloaded. (DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER SETTINGS.)
5. Verify that the checkbox by 'AP' is selected, then click the 'Start' button.
6. Once that's finished, your phone will reboot. Press volUp + power + home before you see the boot screen to verify that TWRP is installed. Reboot to system afterward.
7. On your J7, go to the SuperUser download link, and download it.
8. Once phh's SuperUser is downloaded, reboot and get into TWRP. (Press volUp + power + home before you see the boot screen)
9. When you get into TWRP, press the 'Install' button. Go to the directory where you downloaded the SuperUser .img, and select it.
10. Once you select it, it will ask you to swipe to install it. Go ahead and do that, and phh's SuperUser should be installed. (be sure to go to the play store and get his app to actually complete installation.)
11. When you reboot, you should be rooted!

Thanks to @CoffeeNAndroid for pointing out this method of rooting.

Last edited:

CoffeeNAndroid

Jul 24, 2016
Thanks for the guide. I find that no matter if you flash cf auto root or twrp to root youre going to have to reflash that stock recovery... it makes since to root with twrp cause you can flash all the zips you want and backup youre rom all in one trip before you reflash the stock recovery... i can understand some people are like well i want a permanent twrp recovery without having to have to keep using odin to flash the twrp and stock recovery but this is what is available right now at this time...

Reactions: DirtyPISTOLA

jdphukd

Nov 29, 2011
thank you.

orginally rooted with cf-autoroot which rooted it fine, but caused a boot loop. so i followed your guide, and voila, installed twrp and supersu, zero issues. thanks brother.
phrost.​

Damani311

Feb 27, 2011
Can anyone help me with this? I don't know why I always have an issue, using a J7, I did the following :

Open odin 3.12
put phone in DL mode
connect phone and says "added"
click AP and select the .tar file, check box is checked
click start and get this
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

please help this is damning how I seem to have an issue every time I try and do this....

messi2050

Nov 1, 2012
Can anyone help me with this? I don't know why I always have an issue, using a J7, I did the following :

Open odin 3.12
put phone in DL mode
connect phone and says "added"
click AP and select the .tar file, check box is checked
click start and get this
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

please help this is damning how I seem to have an issue every time I try and do this....

Did you enabled the oem unlock

adhdluke

May 25, 2017
I have a J700p under Boost Mobile. I already have it rooted and I have BusyBox. Does this change anything? Is there something different that I have to do since it's already rooted? And can I backup my stuff to my computer?

peter couniaz

Dec 18, 2011
Virgin mobile galaxy J700P

I have a J700p under Boost Mobile. I already have it rooted and I have BusyBox. Does this change anything? Is there something different that I have to do since it's already rooted? And can I backup my stuff to my computer?
If you installed twrp recovery you can make a backup an flash other roms an copy the backup to your PC if you want ! Use the latest twrp an flash it using odin if you havent already !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP Link: https://dl.twrp.me/j7ltespr/
    Phh's SuperUser: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/wip-selinux-capable-superuser-t3216394
    Odin: http://odindownload.com/ (DOWNLOAD 3.0.9)

After you download TWRP, install Odin. Then follow the steps below.

1. Launch Odin
    2. Put your J7 into download mode (hold volDown + power + home during boot)
    3. Using your charger cord, plug your J7 into your PC while it's in download mode; make sure Odin is open.
    4. In Odin, press the 'AP' button, and select the TWRP .tar you downloaded. (DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER SETTINGS.)
    5. Verify that the checkbox by 'AP' is selected, then click the 'Start' button.
    6. Once that's finished, your phone will reboot. Press volUp + power + home before you see the boot screen to verify that TWRP is installed. Reboot to system afterward.
    7. On your J7, go to the SuperUser download link, and download it.
    8. Once phh's SuperUser is downloaded, reboot and get into TWRP. (Press volUp + power + home before you see the boot screen)
    9. When you get into TWRP, press the 'Install' button. Go to the directory where you downloaded the SuperUser .img, and select it.
    10. Once you select it, it will ask you to swipe to install it. Go ahead and do that, and phh's SuperUser should be installed. (be sure to go to the play store and get his app to actually complete installation.)
    11. When you reboot, you should be rooted!

Thanks to @CoffeeNAndroid for pointing out this method of rooting.
    Thanks for the guide. I find that no matter if you flash cf auto root or twrp to root youre going to have to reflash that stock recovery... it makes since to root with twrp cause you can flash all the zips you want and backup youre rom all in one trip before you reflash the stock recovery... i can understand some people are like well i want a permanent twrp recovery without having to have to keep using odin to flash the twrp and stock recovery but this is what is available right now at this time...