[Guide] Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Debloat Without Root-Info

Search This thread

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
WA
I did find an alternative to Package Disabler Pro - CCSWE App Manager (SAMSUNG). I haven’t bought the full version yet as I’m still waiting for the PDP developers to fix their app . . .
Been using the CSWE Pro app, and am very happy with it. Though, since I rooted, disabling doesn't really require a dedicated/paid app, it makes the process smoother/quicker/easier, imo.

BTW, the dev is very responsive, unlike the makers of Package Disabler Pro+ (Samsung) who have been essentially deaf to any requests.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpearn

Catmobile

Dec 7, 2018
Developers of package disablers apps, need to renew their license from Samsung every 3 months. This wouldn't be a problem if Samsung didn't have strict policy.

Policy of Samsung is that using KNOX to disable packages officially is for Business to Business only. And not for standard end-users. Included here a link to why these applications are stopping to function if developer doesn't get a new license key from Samsung its self.

In a business situation an administrator uses KNOX to control remotely all company phones for example. This administrator of the company must also follow the license policy. A company is a Business to Business and won't have the problem that willing package disablers for standard consumers have.

Here below, see how incredibly difficult it is to do this for consumers. Samsung does tolerate it for a time, then forces such app revoked. Customers that paid money for such application will notice it no longer works or is removed.

Hence I advise the ADB method which always works.

Debloat without root and ADB technical thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/tab-s5e/help/debloat-adb-shell-root-t3958204

( Remember you need the topic that brought you here to know which package you want to disable, so read the thread that brought you here too! )

Here instructions to build a package disabler app yourself, see the license that is enforced by Samsung towards consumers.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10/themes/adhell-3-knox-t3908002

In the past even open source code using KNOX was forced by law to be taken offline from e.g. Github.

Build the app yourself and remember, the license must be renewed every 3 months, the package name may only be used a limited number of times,...

At Reddit you also could find developers creating this kind of software, fighting and accusing each other of continuously leaving customers with not functional software, because Samsung revoked their license after discovering it was sold to normal non corporate users.

See the link, or Google the fights at Reddit about package disablers.

With this kind of software and KNOX one has full control of your device remotely. So they accused developers of these hit and cash money a short time of more.

It is meant for business corporation administration, Samsung enforces it very strictly.

That's told if you buy it anywhere, it will by definition work only for limited time.

Last edited:

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
WA
Developers of package disablers apps, need to renew their license from Samsung every 3 months. This wouldn't be a problem if Samsung didn't have strict policy.

Policy of Samsung is that using KNOX to disable packages officially is for Business to Business...Samsung enforces it very strictly.

That's told if you buy it anywhere, it will by definition work only for limited time.

Very useful information, thank you!

I kinda figured it was something like that. The thing that angered me about 'policedeveloper' was their providing zero feedback on the issue. I'm rooted now, so deleting is my preferred solution.

Reactions: Catmobile

Catmobile

Dec 7, 2018
I recommend anyone wanting to debloat using ADB SHELL procedure, it's easy if you have a Linux USB stick or Linux installation.

In Linux, in this case a Debian based distribution like Ubuntu
Code:
sudo apt install adb

Then enable developer mode in your tablet by pressing the Kernel Build number until it says you have enabled developer mode. Learn how to control over a USB cable with ADB commands how to disable or enable packages for the current user ( which is user 0 ). This does not require root, and you will keep your warranty. In your phone settings menu the Developer section will appear and there you need to enable ADB Debugging. Then you start using ADB. See included link far below if this is your first time.

The first command after installing ADB at your Linux system is
Code:
adb shell

You are then in your Tablet in a shell running at it.

For example to DISABLE Bixby you can simply do this
Code:
pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixby.wakeup
pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.app.spage
pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.app.routines
pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixby.service
pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.visionintelligence
pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixby.agent
pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixby.agent.dummy
pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixbyvision.framework

You can list disabled packages with this
Code:
pm list packages -d

To ENABLE Bixby again you can do this
Code:
pm enable com.samsung.android.bixby.wakeup
pm enable com.samsung.android.app.spage
pm enable com.samsung.android.app.routines
pm enable com.samsung.android.bixby.service
pm enable com.samsung.android.visionintelligence
pm enable com.samsung.android.bixby.agent
pm enable com.samsung.android.bixby.agent.dummy
pm enable com.samsung.android.bixbyvision.framework

Or this
Code:
pm enable --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixby.wakeup
pm enable --user 0 com.samsung.android.app.spage
pm enable --user 0 com.samsung.android.app.routines
pm enable --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixby.service
pm enable --user 0 com.samsung.android.visionintelligence
pm enable --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixby.agent
pm enable --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixby.agent.dummy
pm enable --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixbyvision.framework

For example to UNINSTALL Bixby PERMANENTLY until Factory Reset you can do this [ Not recommended ]
Code:
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixby.wakeup
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.app.spage
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.app.routines
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixby.service
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.visionintelligence
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixby.agent
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixby.agent.dummy
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.bixbyvision.framework
There are several apps at the Google Playstore which can give you an exact package name for any given application. But simplest method is learning which options the pm in an ADB shell has.

example commands for ADB
Code:
adb shell pm list packages
pm list packages

If you uninstalled with ADB you can only Factory Reset to get the packages back, the Disable/Enable method however work fine without Factory reset to get packages back. I updated this entire post accordingly thanks to another user.

Before you remove all phone like packages, Samsung has Call and Message Continuity working for Galaxy S10, some countries since a few weeks Galaxy S9 and hopefully promised later this year also for the S8. This means you can use your phone to call with your tablet even if it only has WIFI provided you have your phone as is listed as example also connected to WIFI.

I would like to ask the Topic Starter to explain why package disablers stop working, I explained it and linking to a post is possible fortunately. Also the Topic Starter has already a list of packages that can be disabled easily with ADB SHELL procedure described, and could also link or include/copy these simple instructions.

If you use ADB shell procedure, you must first write down with package you disable or enable by a text editor if you want to undo the changes. If you don't know the package name you disabled you can not enable it anymore unless you factory reset your device.

Hence the easy example of Bixby, and its package names listed in case you want Bixby back.

I am sure this tutorial I wrote uninstalls a package, but it might be safer you disable a package with ADB commands.

This XDA tutorial below might be the safest method described in following link
https://www.xda-developers.com/disable-system-app-bloatware-android/

This post had been updated to show the difference between JUST DISABLING and PERMANENTLY UNINSTALL of a given package name. The difference is once you use the uninstall method only a factory reset brings that package back, just disabling makes you able to enable it again without problem. Therefore JUST DISABLING is RECOMMENDED ONLY.

New information about ADB commands:
If you have used the UNINSTALL method, here commands to get those packages back.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/how-to-install-uninstalled-packages-t3894235

you can simply use "adb shell cmd package install-existing <package name>" in ADB and you'll get the package back .
By @Vordx

Last edited:

Catmobile

Dec 7, 2018
Method you describe might be best, looked it up, updated my post.

Thanks for posting,

That tutorial only disables a package, my tutorial uninstalls a package and I am not entirely sure that without factory reset my tutorial works.

EDIT 1: I included your comparison and updated my post since the method you point out is much safer in case one wants a package back to be enabled again.
EDIT 2: The difference is now explained and my post says how to DISABLE ONLY or UNINSTALL PERMANENTLY until factory reset.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpearn and TiTiB

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
WA
I wanted to ask too if "DisabledPackages133-OK.xml" is the right file for debloating?
I removed one package because of potential/probable problems—com.samsung.android.kgclient. Freezing this can lock up tablet, so it's now '...132-OK'. I went beyond this, but this is a good place to start (be sure to review packages, right??).

scaramonga

Dec 26, 2011
I notice the CCSWE App Manager Pro app is now using a 'blacklist', presumably to keep Samsung happy?, and there are certain things that now cant be disabled, knox being one of them.

Any way to edit this blacklist?

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
WA
I notice the CCSWE App Manager Pro app is now using a 'blacklist', presumably to keep Samsung happy?, and there are certain things that now cant be disabled, knox being one of them.

Any way to edit this blacklist?
Short answer, no. Keep in mind that using adb *anything* can be disabled.
From talking with the dev about CCSWE the 'blacklist' is there to keep people from locking up their devices. I, in fact, asked him to add the 'kgclient' package because, from personal experience, freezing it will make you have to re-install stock.

CCSWE is the most convenient way that I've found to freeze apps—I use it even though I can do the same thing with 3C Toolbox, for instance—but there are other ways. On my unrooted phone I use FreezZ, whuch is available on F-Droid. And of course, good ole adb.

dommels

Apr 22, 2008
Groningen
Thanks for the list! I had to re-enable below packages tho for a smoother experience, especially when opening apps.
com.android.cts.ctsshim
com.android.cts.priv.ctsshim

Plus I am missing the software update option now in settings. Any idea which package it belongs to?

Edit: Found it, re-enabling com.wssyncmldm brought back sofware update in settings

Last edited:

RagingHarry

Jan 8, 2012
Havelte
Could someone with stock rom and magisk installed and is able to update Netflix in play store to 7.xx.x versions instead of 6.21.x install this module in magisk and backup the device I'd signature..
This might help tackling down a signature problem for custom roms

Download the module here, install in magisk, reboot, open terminal, su, type "props" and follow instructions and save fingerprint, post that fingerprint file
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-magiskhide-props-config-t3789228

billa

Mar 30, 2006
"uninstall" / "reinstall" apps without factory resetting

Thanks for posting,

That tutorial only disables a package, my tutorial uninstalls a package and I am not entirely sure that without factory reset my tutorial works.

EDIT 1: I included your comparison and updated my post since the method you point out is much safer in case one wants a package back to be enabled again.
EDIT 2: The difference is now explained and my post says how to DISABLE ONLY or UNINSTALL PERMANENTLY until factory reset.

I've been using the "adb pm uninstall -k --user 0 <package_name>" method for years, and discovered through trial and error that there's no need to do a factory reset the in order to re-enable the "uninstalled" apps. Contrary to popular belief, the "pm uninstall" command doesn't actually erase the app's apk, rather just hides it from the app manager. Therefore "uninstalled" apps can be "reinstalled" individually using the following method, without the need for a factory reset.

First, make a make a backup list of all your currently installed apps via ADB:

adb shell pm list packages -f >C:\AppList.txt

For example, let's "uninstall" the Samsung Smart Switch app which can be found in the above AppList.txt file as
/system/preload/SmartSwitch/SmartSwitch.apk=com.sec.android.easyMover
Sometimes the app's name matches the package/file name perfectly, sometimes they are a little different and takes a bit of guessing.
The package name of the Samsung Smart Switch app is "com.sec.android.easyMover", with its path and file name "/system/preload/SmartSwitch/SmartSwitch.apk", as you can see at least the path and file name contains the name of the app.
To disable it via the "uninstall" command, enter:

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 <package/component>
Example:
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.android.easyMover
OR
adb shell cmd package uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.android.easyMover

Now, to re-enable the above "uninstalled" app or any other specific one without a factory reset, simply copy and paste the app's package name from the AppList.txt into this command:

adb shell cmd package install-existing <package/component>
Example:
adb shell cmd package install-existing com.sec.android.easyMover

OR

Copy and paste the app's path and file name from the AppList.txt into the "install" command, like this:

adb shell pm install -d -r --user 0 <app's_path/file_name)>
Example:
adb shell pm install -d -r --user 0 /system/preload/SmartSwitch/SmartSwitch.apk
OR
adb shell cmd package install -d -r --user 0 /system/preload/SmartSwitch/SmartSwitch.apk

We are using the "pm" package manager to simply reinstall the app from its current location which can be easily found in the previously prepared AppList.txt file.
The reason for including two slightly different versions of the commands, is to have a backup method in case one of them fails.
The "-d -r" options is to allow replacement of existing applications and version code downgrading.
The advantage of using the "uninstall"/"install" method is that there's no need to purchase any package disabler apps, and it works even on non-rooted devices, plus you may even learn something.
Hope this might come in handy for some. ;)

Last edited:

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
WA
I've been using the "adb pm uninstall -k --user 0 <package_name>" method for years...it works even on non-rooted devices, plus you may even learn something.
Thanks! I really appreciate when someone provides useful, informative, educational information. It is really what xda is all about. Unfortunately, I don't see these types of posts as often as I used to (perhaps my bar for considering something 'informative' has been raised so high), so it's refreshing to see.

3dawg

Oct 22, 2010
Thanks for the list! I had to re-enable below packages tho for a smoother experience, especially when opening apps.
com.android.cts.ctsshim
com.android.cts.priv.ctsshim

Plus I am missing the software update option now in settings. Any idea which package it belongs to?

Edit: Found it, re-enabling com.wssyncmldm brought back sofware update in settings

Saved me a lot of troubleshooting with this comment, thanks a lot.

veekay

May 15, 2008
Any idea which item might have made it where I cannot change the screen unlock type? It is always set to swipe and selecting another option just closes the screen.

Berth666

Oct 19, 2007
Thanks for the guide to debloat the Samsung S5e.
I missed one thing.. a batch for debloating all with just one click, so I created some batch-files and want to share it with you.

Here is the link to the ADB folder on my dropbox - you just need to download complete folder and click on the S5e_debloatXXX.bat
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zsy0r3shi9w0aha/AABXdHNIhhejpNozM-Egk6CWa?dl=0

Explanation of the different .bat files:
* user0 is what you need when you don't use multiple user on this device. I added user10 because I needed it for the
second user of this tablet (account of my wife). If you have more users, you can find out the number via ADB "adb shell am get-current-user"
* second difference is that you can choose between deactivating or deleting apps. Here's a very good explanation by billa: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80679243&postcount=55
(I deleted the debloatet apps)

I added much more apps from this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10/how-to/galaxy-s10-s10-debloat-bloatware-t3912073,
so be careful and edit the batch-file when you don't want to loose some of this apps
(like Samsung Launcher, Samsung Gallery, Samsung File Explorer, Samsung DEX)

Here is the complete list v1.0
Code:
android.autoinstalls.config.samsung
com.android.bookmarkprovider
com.android.calllogbackup
com.android.carrierconfig
com.android.carrierdefaultapp
com.android.chrome
com.android.dreams.basic
com.android.dreams.phototable
com.android.hotwordenrollment.okgoogle
com.android.hotwordenrollment.xgoogle
com.android.managedprovisioning
com.android.phone
com.android.printspooler
com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
com.android.server.telecom
com.android.sharedstoragebackup
com.android.simappdialog
com.android.stk
com.android.wallpaper.livepicker
com.android.wallpapercropper
com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus
com.dsi.ant.sample.acquirechannels
com.dsi.ant.server
com.dsi.ant.service.socket
com.google.android.apps.maps
com.google.android.apps.turbo
com.google.android.gm
com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
com.google.android.setupwizard
com.google.android.syncadapters.calendar
com.google.android.syncadapters.contacts
com.google.android.tts
com.google.android.youtube
com.knox.vpn.proxyhandler
com.microsoft.skydrive
com.monotype.android.font.foundation
com.osp.app.signin
com.qualcomm.qti.qms.service.connectionsecurity
com.qualcomm.qti.qms.service.telemetry
com.samsung.aasaservice
com.samsung.advp.imssettings
com.samsung.android.allshare.service.fileshare
com.samsung.android.allshare.service.mediashare
com.samsung.android.app.camera.sticker.facear.preload
com.samsung.android.app.camera.sticker.stamp.preload
com.samsung.android.app.galaxyfinder
com.samsung.android.app.reminder
com.samsung.android.app.social
com.samsung.android.app.spage
com.samsung.android.app.watchmanagerstub
com.samsung.android.authfw
com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent
com.samsung.android.beaconmanager
com.samsung.android.bio.face.service
com.samsung.android.calendar
com.samsung.android.clipboarduiservice
com.samsung.android.contacts
com.samsung.android.dialer
com.samsung.android.dqagent
com.samsung.android.easysetup
com.samsung.android.emojiupdater
com.samsung.android.fmm
com.samsung.android.game.gamehome
com.samsung.android.game.gametools
com.samsung.android.game.gos
com.samsung.android.homemode
com.samsung.android.incallui
com.samsung.android.keyguardwallpaperupdator
com.samsung.android.kidsinstaller
com.samsung.android.knox.analytics.uploader
com.samsung.android.knox.containeragent
com.samsung.android.knox.containercore
com.samsung.android.knox.containerdesktop
com.samsung.android.location
com.samsung.android.lool
com.samsung.android.mdecservice
com.samsung.android.mdm
com.samsung.android.messaging
com.samsung.android.mobileservice
com.samsung.android.net.wifi.wifiguider
com.samsung.android.provider.stickerprovider
com.samsung.android.samsungpass
com.samsung.android.scloud
com.samsung.android.securitylogagent
com.samsung.android.smartface
com.samsung.android.smartswitchassistant
com.samsung.android.stickercenter
com.samsung.android.tadownloader
com.samsung.android.video
com.samsung.android.visionintelligence
com.samsung.android.wellbeing
com.samsung.app.newtrim
com.samsung.clipboardsaveservice
com.samsung.cmh
com.samsung.knox.keychain
com.samsung.knox.securefolder
com.samsung.mlp
com.samsung.safetyinformation
com.samsung.sec.android.application.csc
com.samsung.SMT
com.samsung.storyservice
com.samsung.systemui.hidenotch.withoutcornerround
com.samsung.systemui.hidenotch
com.sec.android.app.billing
com.sec.android.app.chromecustomizations
com.sec.android.app.samsungapps
com.sec.android.app.SecSetupWizard
com.sec.android.daemonapp
com.sec.android.easyMover.Agent
com.sec.android.mimage.gear360editor
com.sec.android.mimage.photoretouching
com.sec.android.soagent
com.sec.android.splitsound
com.sec.android.uibcvirtualsoftkey
com.sec.android.widgetapp.samsungapps
com.sec.bcservice
com.sec.enterprise.knox.cloudmdm.smdms
com.sec.enterprise.mdm.services.simpin
com.sec.factory
com.sec.phone
com.sec.spp.push
com.android.egg
##  SamsungPass/Pay
com.samsung.android.samsungpassautofill
com.samsung.android.authfw
com.samsung.android.samsungpass
##  BIXBY
com.samsung.android.bixby.service
com.samsung.android.app.settings.bixby
com.samsung.systemui.bixby2
com.samsung.android.bixby.wakeup
com.samsung.android.app.spage
com.samsung.android.bixby.service
com.samsung.android.visionintelligence
com.samsung.android.bixby.agent
com.samsung.android.bixby.agent.dummy
com.samsung.android.bixbyvision.framework
##  Samsung Launcher
com.sec.android.app.launcher
##  GIMMICKY APP
 com.google.ar.core
##  PRINTING
 com.android.bips
 com.google.android.printservice.recommendation
##  SAMSUNG GAME LAUNCHER
 com.enhance.gameservice
##  SAMSUNG DEX
 com.sec.android.desktopmode.uiservice
 com.samsung.desktopsystemui
 com.sec.android.app.desktoplauncher
##  Upday
 de.axelspringer.yana.zeropage
##  Samsung personlisation service
 com.samsung.android.rubin.app
##  Samsung File Explorer
 com.sec.android.app.myfiles
##  Perfdumb
 com.qualcomm.qti.perfdump
##  Dictionary
 com.diotek.sec.lookup.dictionary
##  Samsung Gallery
 com.sec.android.gallery3d

loretta1980

Jan 28, 2015
Hi Berth666,
i used your batch on a completed new SM-T720 i bought today. i just enabled adb on the tablet and started the batch. Now it stuck in "Tablet will be started". I can get in the settings but i cannot see the apps. Also after a restart. Do i have to reset to factory settings or can i fix this?

i changed every disable-user to enable and the launcher is back again.

But how can i figure out what the problem is?

Used SuperFreeZZ from F-Droid in automatic way. Seems good so far.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Galaxy Tab S5e (SM-T720) | Q(Android 10) | T720XXS2CUA3 | rooted
    My Debloat list
    No root : use adb
    Rooted: flash zip in magisk (credit universal android debloater)
    Hello TiTiB, thank you for your work towards finding all the bloatware on this tablet.
    I was wondering if your list in first page from Sept 12, 2019 is still valid today ? (with Android 10 One Ui 2,5)
    Thanks!
    I'm on LOS Android 9 now, so can't really say. But here's a link to a debloat script for Galaxy S8 with superb explanations of what the various packages are for. I have it saved, and reference it often. Happy debloating!

btw, on my Tab S6 Android 11 with OneU1 3.1 I have 151 packages frozen.
    ADDED 1 AUG 2019: THIS WAS WRITTEN FOR THE WIFI-ONLY T720, *NOT* THE LTE-ENABLED T725. OBVIOUSLY BE AWARE OF ALL THE PHONE RELATED PACKAGES

For those with the S5e wanting to debloat your tablet without rooting I have some, hopefully, useful info.

See this post by @Catmobile for an excellent explanation of why devs have trouble keeping Samsung package disabler apps on Play Store. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80048718&postcount=42

I used the app Package Disabler Pro+ (Samsung) by policedeveloper available on Play Store here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elmklmsamsung.batteryaddon No longer available, and does not even work on my device anymore.

UPDATE 16 JUL 19: Above app is reportedly once again available on Play Store. HOWEVER, those who recently purchased it have to do so AGAIN! Please consider this if you decide to purchase.

For those with better skills and a computer, using adb's 'pm uninstall -k --user 0 <package name>' is an option, too. You can use the 'disable lists' to facilitate this.

Find here an example by @Catmobile of how to use ADB shell https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80054354&postcount=44

IMPORTANT: You won't really know the true effects of your disabling til you restart the tablet! On the other hand, it seems that undisabling (re-enabling?) takes effect immediately.

I did a web search and found an .xml file that had packages disabled on a Galaxy S10 or S8. Unfortunately I don't remember from where I got the file but this and other files are available in my shared pCloud folder https://bit.ly/2VXRoLt You'll find below files, among others, there:

disabledpackages-Package Disabler Pro+ DEFAULT ALL BLOATWARE-46ofthem.xml
    >>The default packages using 'Disable all Bloatware' option in Package Disabler Pro+

disabledpackages-S8orS10-125ofthem.xml
    >>The file I found. When I used this the tablet UI slowed to a crawl. From my previous experimentation I suspected that disabling the phone apps was the culprit. I was right, and am currently using my tablet without any discernable issues using the xml file below. Obviously, examine the file before using it to see if it fits your needs. For instance, I don't use Bixby, so I disabled it.
    [EDIT] File deleted.

disabledpackages-WORKINGFINE-SOMEphoneStuffReEnabled-119ofthem.xml
    >>The file I exported from Package Disabler Pro+ after reenabling some packages.
    [EDIT] Replaced by disabledpackages133-OK.xml

Below are the packages I reenabled in order to get the tab back to 'normal'. I'll continue with experimentation to see which one(s) are causing the slow-down, and report back here.
    Code:
    00001  <importExportSetting>     
    00002     <disabledPackages class="java.util.ArrayList">     
    00003        <string>com.android.carrierconfig</string>     
    00004        <string>com.android.carrierdefaultapp</string>     
    00005        <string>com.android.cts.priv.ctsshim</string>          
    00006        <string>com.android.phone</string>     
    00007        <string>com.android.providers.telephony</string>     
    00008        <string>com.samsung.android.dialer</string>     
    00009        <string>com.samsung.android.providers.contacts</string>     
    00010        <string>com.sec.phone</string>     
    00011     </disabledPackages>     
    00012  </importExportSetting>
    "uninstall" / "reinstall" apps without factory resetting

Thanks for posting,

I've been using the "adb pm uninstall -k --user 0 <package_name>" method for years, and discovered through trial and error that there's no need to do a factory reset the in order to re-enable the "uninstalled" apps. Contrary to popular belief, the "pm uninstall" command doesn't actually erase the app's apk, rather just hides it from the app manager. Therefore "uninstalled" apps can be "reinstalled" individually using the following method, without the need for a factory reset.

First, make a make a backup list of all your currently installed apps via ADB:

adb shell pm list packages -f >C:\AppList.txt

For example, let's "uninstall" the Samsung Smart Switch app which can be found in the above AppList.txt file as
    /system/preload/SmartSwitch/SmartSwitch.apk=com.sec.android.easyMover
    Sometimes the app's name matches the package/file name perfectly, sometimes they are a little different and takes a bit of guessing.
    The package name of the Samsung Smart Switch app is "com.sec.android.easyMover", with its path and file name "/system/preload/SmartSwitch/SmartSwitch.apk", as you can see at least the path and file name contains the name of the app.
    To disable it via the "uninstall" command, enter:

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 <package/component>
    Example:
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.android.easyMover
    OR
    adb shell cmd package uninstall -k --user 0 com.sec.android.easyMover

Now, to re-enable the above "uninstalled" app or any other specific one without a factory reset, simply copy and paste the app's package name from the AppList.txt into this command:

adb shell cmd package install-existing <package/component>
    Example:
    adb shell cmd package install-existing com.sec.android.easyMover

OR

Copy and paste the app's path and file name from the AppList.txt into the "install" command, like this:

adb shell pm install -d -r --user 0 <app's_path/file_name)>
    Example:
    adb shell pm install -d -r --user 0 /system/preload/SmartSwitch/SmartSwitch.apk
    OR
    adb shell cmd package install -d -r --user 0 /system/preload/SmartSwitch/SmartSwitch.apk

We are using the "pm" package manager to simply reinstall the app from its current location which can be easily found in the previously prepared AppList.txt file.
    The reason for including two slightly different versions of the commands, is to have a backup method in case one of them fails.
    The "-d -r" options is to allow replacement of existing applications and version code downgrading.
    The advantage of using the "uninstall"/"install" method is that there's no need to purchase any package disabler apps, and it works even on non-rooted devices, plus you may even learn something.

Policy of Samsung is that using KNOX to disable packages officially is for Business to Business only. And not for standard end-users. Included here a link to why these applications are stopping to function if developer doesn't get a new license key from Samsung its self.

In a business situation an administrator uses KNOX to control remotely all company phones for example. This administrator of the company must also follow the license policy. A company is a Business to Business and won't have the problem that willing package disablers for standard consumers have.

Here below, see how incredibly difficult it is to do this for consumers. Samsung does tolerate it for a time, then forces such app revoked. Customers that paid money for such application will notice it no longer works or is removed.

Hence I advise the ADB method which always works.

Debloat without root and ADB technical thread
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/tab-s5e/help/debloat-adb-shell-root-t3958204

( Remember you need the topic that brought you here to know which package you want to disable, so read the thread that brought you here too! )

Here instructions to build a package disabler app yourself, see the license that is enforced by Samsung towards consumers.

In the past even open source code using KNOX was forced by law to be taken offline from e.g. Github.

Build the app yourself and remember, the license must be renewed every 3 months, the package name may only be used a limited number of times,...

At Reddit you also could find developers creating this kind of software, fighting and accusing each other of continuously leaving customers with not functional software, because Samsung revoked their license after discovering it was sold to normal non corporate users.

See the link, or Google the fights at Reddit about package disablers.

With this kind of software and KNOX one has full control of your device remotely. So they accused developers of these hit and cash money a short time of more.

It is meant for business corporation administration, Samsung enforces it very strictly.

XDA-Labs tool that simplifies debloating; easy enough for a noobie

I just debloated my S5e using AppManager by RealVoxel. I highly recommend it! It works with or without root. I used it without root, which requires connecting to a computer and using Shizuku. AppManager (too modestly named) has an excellent, simple GUI and lets you point and click to uninstall, disable, re-install, etc. any app, including system apps.

I'm unskilled at command line and found it quite easy.

I hope someone finds this post helpful!

(BTW, I wanted to give a glowing review for AppManager and can't see how. If anyone wants to PM me about where I go to post a review of an app in XDA Labs, I'd appreciate it. Or if you know I can't post a review -- like because I don't have 10 posts yet -- that would be helpful. I've searched and read, or at least skimmed, the XDA New User Guide, and I can't find anything relevant.)
    Galaxy Tab S5e (SM-T720) | Q(Android 10) | T720XXS2CUA3 | rooted
    My Debloat list
    No root : use adb
    Rooted: flash zip in magisk (credit universal android debloater)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone