[Guide] Service Mode and CSC Guide/Enable LTE/5G Bands and Services/5G Low Band on U1

Search This thread
Hello,
For those who manage to unlock 5g, Can you please post screenshots of your band sélection menu?
As you can see on mine I have 5G logo but the 5G in my country is on N78 and the band is not unlocked....
Thanks
I don't have US phones and as I know the US model do not have N78.
(Please correct me if I'm wrong!)
hi
i got note 20 ultra n9860 ~ 4g+ is not working only 4g ....

my csc is tgy ...if i flash a bri rom would 4g+ work .

if u have any other solution for 4g ca enable plz tell me
If your region has B28 for 4G, then change csc to BRI can get CA combo with B28.
But changing to BRI will blocked 5G band N3 N41 N79
can any one confirm if this code working with android 12
No, there's no method to access Service Mode on Android 12 now.

Kanonyx

Mar 28, 2016
I don't have US phones and as I know the US model do not have N78.
(Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

If your region has B28 for 4G, then change csc to BRI can get CA combo with B28.
But changing to BRI will blocked 5G band N3 N41 N79

Hey!
US version hardware can have N78 , thats the purpose of this thread ;)

tuxfamily

Mar 15, 2012
Hello.

Thanks for this thread.

Sorry to bother but I've read the 10 pages, tried many things, and probably broke few things 🙄

I would appreciate if you can give me some advices.

I have purchased a G988U1 (S20 Ultra 5G USA unlocked) but I'm in France and my operator is "Free mobile".

This provider uses the following bands:

4G: B1 B3 B7 B28b
5G: n1 n28a n78

I can access the service mode with `*#*#276633683782#*#*` but other codes do not work (even the one with the IMEI).

I can follow the instructions on post #1 but it does not seem to change anything for me.

For the LTE bands, it seems ok, but for the 5G, I'm unable to activate any useful bands, specially the n78 (which is the most used by my operator).

thumbScreenshot_20220106-173250_Service mode RIL.jpg

So the question is:
- how can I enable only these bands and/or how can I have the n78 enabled?
(or simply could I?)

Also, something that is not clear to me: do these modifications have to be done on each reboot? or (maybe) only when we change the SIM?

Thank you for your help.

Kanonyx

Mar 28, 2016
Hello.

Thanks for this thread.

Sorry to bother but I've read the 10 pages, tried many things, and probably broke few things 🙄

I have purchased a G988U1 (S20 Ultra 5G USA unlocked) but I'm in France and my operator is "Free mobile".

I can access the service mode with `*#*#276633683782#*#*` but other codes do not work (even the one with the IMEI).

I can follow the instructions on post #1 but it does not seem to change anything for me.

For the LTE bands, it seems ok, but for the 5G, I'm unable to activate any useful bands, specially the n78 (which is the most used by my operator).

View attachment 5501537

So the question is:
(or simply could I?)

Also, something that is not clear to me: do these modifications have to be done on each reboot? or (maybe) only when we change the SIM?

Thank you for your help.
Hello,
Like you I live in France and I cant manage to get this N78 band.
I thinks its because samsung patched it.
Dont waste your time anyway because with One 4 you wont be able to get that menu ( for now).

Sword Fish

Dec 15, 2011
Calgary
Hello.

Thanks for this thread.

View attachment 5501537

So the question is:
(or simply could I?)

Thank you for your help.

I can get to the same screen using *#2263# and I can select all 5g bands, then select Apply band configuration. I then see all 5G bands however when I go out of the service menu and back in, it resets back to default settings. I have tried rebooting also but it keeps resetting. It is like it isn't getting written. Any idea's?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220106-162707_Service mode RIL.jpg
    Screenshot_20220106-162707_Service mode RIL.jpg
    638.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Draiter

Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I can get to the same screen using *#2263# and I can select all 5g bands, then select Apply band configuration. I then see all 5G bands however when I go out of the service menu and back in, it resets back to default settings. I have tried rebooting also but it keeps resetting. It is like it isn't getting written. Any idea's?
Doing that will not unlock all bands... You can only set the bands your phone supports, plus a couple of hidden ones. All Note 20s are capable of supporting all bands, but they're is a hardware id in the eeprom that sets the particular bands when it loads the mbn modern files.

Culex316

Apr 1, 2012
Miami, FL
Samsung Galaxy S20
I don't have a Note 20 Ultra (I have an S20 plus unlocked T-Mobile model (G986U) ), but I still wish to thank the OP for this guide! I live in Panama where we use Bands 28, 2, and 4 on our LTE networks and thanks to this guide, I managed to enable a hidden LTE CA combination (28-2) that I knew existed in hardware but I was not picking up and it was because T-Mobile's CSC bands were enabled and not the hardware defaults.

The setting even survives reboots and I have also tried it with every carrier SIM here.

Reactions: warriorvibhu

Sword Fish

Dec 15, 2011
Calgary
Doing that will not unlock all bands... You can only set the bands your phone supports, plus a couple of hidden ones. All Note 20s are capable of supporting all bands, but they're is a hardware id in the eeprom that sets the particular bands when it loads the mbn modern files.
I am not convinced this is actually the case. If I install 986U1 firmware, I get a different set of 5G bands than I do if I install 986W firmware. Because of this, I believe it is in the firmware that you load. If I load the U1, I get no 5G in Canada but I do if I load the W firmware.

Draiter

Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I am not convinced this is actually the case. If I install 986U1 firmware, I get a different set of 5G bands than I do if I install 986W firmware. Because of this, I believe it is in the firmware that you load. If I load the U1, I get no 5G in Canada but I do if I load the W firmware.
The firmware files for the modems, the actual mbn files that dictate which bands open, are identical for the u1 and w model. They may have the same hardware id.. I'm not a pro at this by any means, just sorta figuring things out.
Can you possibly run LiveBoot and get a boot log so I can see which of the mbn configs is loaded. I know on the n9860 549_a_0.mbn is loaded and that dictates the bands...

Sword Fish

Dec 15, 2011
Calgary
The firmware files for the modems, the actual mbn files that dictate which bands open, are identical for the u1 and w model. They may have the same hardware id.. I'm not a pro at this by any means, just sorta figuring things out.
Can you possibly run LiveBoot and get a boot log so I can see which of the mbn configs is loaded. I know on the n9860 549_a_0.mbn is loaded and that dictates the bands...
I will see if I can do that. I know for sure when I installed the U1 firmware, I did not have N66 5G band enabled and thus I could not get any 5G on the Telus Network. When I installed the W firmware, I did have N66 listed as available on the same phone and I was able to access 5G from the Telus Network.

Draiter

Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I will see if I can do that. I know for sure when I installed the U1 firmware, I did not have N66 5G band enabled and thus I could not get any 5G on the Telus Network. When I installed the W firmware, I did have N66 listed as available on the same phone and I was able to access 5G from the Telus Network.
Interesting. It might also have to do with the SW config files that get loaded as well. I can follow the process of my phone but not sure of others. Thanks

Reactions: Romeo Nickolas

Culex316

Apr 1, 2012
Miami, FL
Samsung Galaxy S20
Would a software update like to One UI 4.0 change the bands back to their CSC defaults? I have the T-Mobile CSC on my S20+ and I'd hate to have to go through the trouble of flashing U1 if it means having to restore all the hardware bands.

Draiter

Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Would a software update like to One UI 4.0 change the bands back to their CSC defaults? I have the T-Mobile CSC on my S20+ and I'd hate to have to go through the trouble of flashing U1 if it means having to restore all the hardware bands.
If by a software update you mean a full firmware update, ap, bl, cp, and csc, then yes it would change it back to its default bands.

imax64

Sep 8, 2011
On One UI 4.0 / Android 12 the service menu 27663368378 or 276633683782 no longer works. dead in the water here

PedroDaGr8

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego, CA

On One UI 4.0 / Android 12 the service menu 27663368378 or 276633683782 no longer works. dead in the water here
I am on a Sprint/T-Mobile N20U which was just upgraded to Android 12 and I can still access service mode from the Samsung Phone Dialer, it just requires a different code. That being said, all of the menu options related to unlocking other bands just dump you back to the main menu, making access a bit moot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,

Many people have asked about service mode and CSC related questions and I thought we should get a discussion going that is all in one place.

*DISCLAIMER* I do not take any responsibility for any issues that may occur from changing settings in these screens. They have the potential to cause service or data lost if used incorrectly. You have been warned!

Service Mode Guide

Access Service Mode

To access service mode screen, first download the Google Phone App from the Play Store (Phone by Google-Caller ID & Spam Protection is the official Play Store Name)

After installing the phone app, open it up and select set as default *Note* You will only need the Google phone app to access service mode-Once all the changes are made you can keep using it or change back to what you were using*

Another pop-up will show and select the Phone (blue icon) and set as default. Go to the dial pad icon in the bottom right corner and dial the following:

*#*#27663368378#*#*
    When you dial the last * in the string above, the service mode menu will automatically show. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO HIT THE CALL ICON BUTTON TO MAKE A CALL AT ANY POINT.
    GEtmxR5J-vLwrxtogkVOn01je_6Lch2EYPQxJyU6IiCNwyTJFpjO2A4dRkFo68KPtD0zfV4O4_gAj-QXbWbmLbmsIEeHn8nNRhvEM-v6SJXhS2X1x4lPFZD1-Xsvrf2th1nmMxwaXVBwtJ5n6yOBzlJRGvwIC1ev-Ty0VXTcTyy00OuTUaBzLs-7TJEqNFUh-M117UN9q0Pu3i3csDxjRdNV0fN3zw4eT2WRogZcG3JrrimHnUZEPa9seBdvU9NOarASEZYWEWIMc1-ko9vaXlnNjJUuhPiNnSxXOwPyKK_pLdar0OSzOXgwsaWFPm3sJ-qLZjQc3EP-NDqg_n2qyUCaeamVnPf16_Rxjxwmu1GRSYLOzqwBlg0GjpncgqdeDPXP-Dn2QcHlSgmaATEH_vArZOsdMY8PW8MmbVA4IpwmhFy2pGqb-iNIh6SLlWlHDEpGqrHCZhWMMeF9Nq83-4H6uo3QDAdXuyHkEYB7c7Cu6_DmzsmUUClbq5XgqDzsYrRj23ed6d1pV0_yUvqTCWkWKpqaw2TpJjlafdfbXCrOdKUxSBW-tZ-JLjOgFPpqcRRj11-jgMNy9Rg5NcWJsXV2NGbeMFQQAFa4Rsty2E2q5z1JpQiRXbrzn5lWlGwKAkYBb8IlwRBCEzVmjJIay_VOLDvbYYrGHaqyT5JRssv-SDjPxOqhIYVQA82Z=w373-h800-no

Congrats, you are now in the service mode menu!

Enable all LTE and 5G Bands
    *NOTE* Remember whenever navigating through the menus that the android back button on your device will automatically exit you back to the dialer. To go back, you must use the 3 dots menu at the top and select Back.

To enable all the LTE Bands go to:
    1-Option 2-UE Setting and Info
    2-Option 1-Setting
    3-Option 2-System
    4-Option 9-Next Page
    5-Option 9-Next Page
    6-Option 9-Next Page
    7-Option 9-Next Page
    8-Option 1-Set LTE Band Config
    9-Option 1-Set Default LTE Band

This should enable all the LTE Bands for the country that the firmware installed is from and the available roaming bands that are set in the firmware.

For the 5G Bands go back (using the 3 dots in the top) until you see UE setting menu and the 2 options for Protocol and System then:
    1-Option 1-Protocol
    2-Option 9-NR5G
    4-Option 3-NR5G Prune Status
    Here you will see a [1] Remove NR5G PRUNE option as the last line. Select that option. If you visit this menu later, it will show a * next to NR5G PRUNE is Removed and the option will change to [1] Restore NR5G PRUNE, in case you want to go back.

Enable DSS

Now that all the bands are enabled, you have to enable the DSS setting. Get back to UE SETTING MENU with Protocol and System options and:
    1-Option 1-Protocol
    2-Option 1-AS
    3-Option 9-Next Page
    4-Option 9-Next Page
    5-Option 2-NR DSS CONTROL
    6-Option 1-NR DSS ENABLE

Just reboot the phone after this and this should be all that is needed to enable all LTE and 5G Bands and DSS!

You can then go back into the Google dialer and dial *#*#2263#*#* and this screen will pop:
    g23W28hUIrJQHoFhP371hn1XQCK_w3b9JCOxfOL-bbhSB59PcquenA81d6n-O0HVtLbWbl3jMOgOSacBvtO5bFkpgzjIwMuRpeWntB8tt6xbOajvVxGILaaS_lrhvwlwC6EFC9sBZJsCqKIWTV4ZzEe27mVC6N87ghDJdTI6Ho6SdACNub_PC2Cey1EN8c6wdp96yckcA-C2b7MGZnrplsXHmslJOs0HDU1CO8uxdggQ6xKS5y4SVp0Xz80qsEpVhpakBC173cWSxPsuKS0LUQNgmvVcsA4NakqDSMaeI3luoI_2cpOn52B6k0TCZQOROYdDrT51mb1PXmP3Rk0V1F_lvqn-Yw6t0qrxXHoF1mDjw0fAeFRtQsS2SwbrV5Cbmuc-S5XGbWtiBQ9eTp6c3eXN7y2VtQHTgAcVyd54q0TZXALpPYb9l6vEkqBOejVbuAaGqAQFwRjJY-XEoQss1n_zNcQIVYLq8XSK9s80AlNB8ZG7zXJJk1EdnEcDpe9w--idATqW8AjC8-ZEtevgfvrAdaiZsEgbKSjQ3cQOS9rOsekqG3grAl0jb5jkHTcNw4BoIV4rDG2QYV-2bAH1-tpiwcNXN63izIYcykfMnvMHa9oqr68eN77G96WjMG6U7VcnQMsz26J-55MbHYshBSdkIua8Nk14tqhTyXLc1KmgyNzomCw05REvmmJB=w373-h800-no

CSC Guide
    CSC (which I think means Carrier Service Code) helps to set what options for settings show in the device for things like voicemail and wifi calling, as well as sets network code information for things like carrier aggregation combos.

When you go to your phone settings->about phone->software information and look in the Service Provider SW ver. section, you will see as the last line a combo like XXX/YYY/ZZZ. This indicates what carrier sales and network code is set and what brand the phone was manufactured as.

I think of the XXX/YYY/ZZZ configuration as follows
    XXX=Sales Code-What kind of features are setup in the firmware like wifi calling, video calling and settings menus
    YYY=Network Code-What kind of network features are set for things like carrier aggregation and LTE/5G bands
    ZZZ=Manufactured as Code- What model the phone was originally manufactured as. Ot has no affect on the system settings or options. THIS CAN NOT CHANGE. IT SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE SAME. ONLY A ROOTED PHONE WOULD BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE FILES NECCESSARY TO CHANGE THIS.

For the Example of VZW/VZW/XAA, this would mean that the phone was sold as unlocked from Samsung and has a VZW SIM in it, setting the sales and network codes to VZW (XXX and YYY should usually be the same since you want the Network setup to match the settings setup in the phone, but they can be different, especially if you try to change the CSC in the U carrier branded firmware.)

Changing CSC
    *NOTE*Changing the CSC does not necessarily need the Google phone dialer like for the service menu, however, if you are on a CSC where the stock dialer does not provide you with the CSC change screen (Like when your code is XAA/XAA/XAA) you can attempt it through there and see if you can access it. I haven't been able to test this yet, so let me know.

First, go to settings->about phone and at the top you will see your IMEI. Press and hold on the IMEI number and you will get a popup saying copied to clipboard. Then, go to the phone dialer and dial:
    *#272*
    After you see the numbers dialed at the top, press and hold after the last * and select paste then dial #. Again, you should never have to actually press the call button. A screen will auto pop. If it does not, try the Google dialer.
    Zhs2G-GcSTO6ksWLj_4WmQeqBzyN1NBQPM2whbwJKbygN0WbeqJkR_cTZvCQ_wrHknIDwVrp8MI6vIYVwiVCpnT4xr6R48JXd4UtCe1M5eV67eQDZF7kBoY_smYhUYLocbxuu-WQaePyZJW4nL7VCKNJ0ONjFpgffGNpgK2PCoRpccgSGcJ7BMGuYXBR3YqzjzPGD-p8JzEnYPWcILpFYXBvUopsedGhUQsvmrj_HYGGP9J8C3gc_zU3xLw48aQoAtne2c0vfkQf9tDG2I5UsyA4tU0MAsAdnDEEoIBjthW0W86UQ57mWA17NCxjZU0zOZ1I8_wdbz5YjGwAVWkA7Ungko9BSFOllcKxjvIG9N9lKjFm6zOtEjpdvGNReP7WpL0tL_C3x6Tgc_Qs5VLTGpr7ZKYld5q6_i13XsLI6V9ctUH8d7nDXrvPIuhvBWaerBb6tabxb_OnOli_El3LHcsUq-iVfGDP9zxWEHkft_BDxvG6zkv5BaZAR-g55tAur-HHUuReJ_vLt9nXLO7pNMVLzAkF4FkvjgW2hgqowXCvunCMuGl_90hZlWCGLVnXQH9B7p5eaMfrJwVjDdwXy6whiIukizfW7PDltFxqVF0imAD4eFDNm-HAxOAeVz_b1lmMHOftRL9ze_hHu0eE-v9ea0V0xCqIVPfskOyve7KSt5tKa5UyktPWZGHw=w373-h800-no

*Pro Tip*
    Since some CSCs do not allow dialing the IMEI (like the XAA CSC) I recommend after you get to this screen to first select the recent menus button on your phone and click on the CSC app icon in the mini view. But beware, this is not working in the One UI 3 beta!!
    WWLUpYTaf2havLIVpFl1sPgVx929cLvK62tGuLVVCBcM0h0cc46EFX_ox5y3EsQsasf4GqsnunYuec_nG9iO3YvxLXeSxBp_n_YnL67Hk6gteXwqBWXD3-xWydtcbOz_jS5YzSnTUhnUGAsRBZzT_QxKZWe3jih3Mqlib7-5LwWLAMSOinOqexDsN_Kl9vwyHP8ZK2JGz9FKp7oAXuenDijy2yfqairzVNApqlsX4JU-kMFoEYHkdNDQvLSHjT1je230mRn5BCCKhN_RAQgbu6_bSgHRY16BfdqudV6GJUrJ5RqRL1g4y_63cxB3x3l55QioPFPGnI16ZhQgxGjLqeHSa1wLMP6p6pCiwX7UoBS9r9ytJp05Wi7_Y2PB7b4vHVWRvxVlftIjwA0KdNTGjS__EErLytBK3WKlC3mI3qUq84LMCT5LIGfZL4NtHJYXgg0MrBAgM5E8rc7-2XIXMQcHw97WXALbu6SF1PGKf2ZdJcRVOrRwZbYCEud9R6iyVSJPLh2HFjjqbLOfBMouN5cJ78FjN9WKJtmOjpMkffKxHUuCID5DQiYz8liSBG1mTnu-fQXQBmld-cxuk2ABqUcf6FKNizuKexyjMA_BlmqTmmCXpJhM7qfLCjxMR0QloD55dxfJX18svhl4J9LiTKHPr6K-kovflgnLT-ws1-hHTwad2pJIqqXvFRgF=w373-h800-no

Then click on Keep Open for Quick Launching
    XkA07c7Yvt-V5nI-DQmWsNwsYQCJNkpe2QkfoUsWTbKv-x-0CXiX7JCC5zRaX5thnP1Xwz1o2VCmn-PEC1sWu7tdUDox7vXQKAMdjWiR448ESqm8Fy4YUK7awTJWMUTitPMuuv0UM9ZApsHDWoKWT5y4NibjijnosXbwSdqu3LrDWD6bkEFNklk2tKIr4G03JXKtS-rLMz7av79fh-Z5BDJnjDwJr06bRcN9znjUGsjhHI8KU47yljIcRIkY2Y_MxnJHAtG-vvQmPxRQmrRvIJiD7kkHqOA6T7TGb3dRiJZAqPo8BFqjAl_939foy3P6oFrZsdhWueO7M-oh3BUCDis4iao7-IjlUdg2wiQS8vfEtOTeFdlNKrX7njgiv3hhoQNzsP-E8PHJAD-qNiuhgJxq557KtfASYQodGMvUXGqzNLI9pBqw6NZypF0nQYcQRjY4lB_gfREmd4yHreWMJhrMcUe392Tj0sC6AFowhpKMU4hvK9Pc1nihTbYsFd5dVAA_TT4CcXvOIwsXl6W45MuGiESv1uv0sMv26zJz9GfuSlQdO4BZj2mjTgnzsd1IyMTX5yeOMKvwinhEyq4hPsA-Lyu72cCMwfdduCBbck6VV_78eJB_w37MXmC2EwkJClRgx4e32jerCioSzvX20ePR0OrP25aGr_k9I-qMvxaQIPT10ef_4GFhizva=w373-h800-no

Then you will have a lock at the bottom of that apps recent screen to show it will stay in recent menu, even after reboot and selecting close all apps button
    UfrVLrRCcoUCsZ9ioSBTg0QijNg8zrAqlxHIJ3uZDGQKR6CYNTyofN16j9MChBv_m0lTYd6HYGwVMAkAQcYED0nKC-I6gYivb-prgBlu5qCQn8nJ_Es8i2FtW3uJwE-2ltIiFtfR0Ky1t2Z0dGIcDRGnDfwU-M5VTFwh5rS8n83axjMbDKbNIp89H3RzTuRLzfy7RrlpocLKDCODYLPPGu7kMhUTuYJLExMmWR1LFg16rmfeQfCt4LFUj4uZRo6GncaBIAN8MCJp_hoEAPfLIMElxYzp2GWGZO6fGZF0-qeksu75qTiEJss5YpzFCV0SVsiEAV3f_fR7FiMk6L2p90-dn_mDiO4U8K4lfgP8kFnLeQqLjJoSHxV4wT7VhcHF7IFnxm1QKL8sjHzgcZO_MYGQGWXi5c9TJaFG4HI6tMMMe-IItjz_GR5VQyoTxO4N5kpVAAYqn2E1pRXpD5dBoFqqjGOwXQ8QcprEPZMZJZ8xQB_bwQbTJKjn2DtUIiHY3lroLF3n36E5b14ldHrR07j17qq3PmqYi29YnfTTgm-J_nqPzIf3EDqQoYuGfag4VeZVOiB529Fd-WCGevnq9fGGnpDfqkPh2ueKbE5D45f-PRKcRB2e3dMqKvOQ1J9roK6WndJ35gglPORX94X7C7h931e6eoTRnUDqtDNqbkUutC0Z48S_NnzUAszc=w373-h800-no

As you can see, mine is selected to VZW/VZW which is the XXX/YYY portion of the XXX/YYY/ZZZ combo (again, ZZZ should not change. Only having root can change this!)

You can now select a CSC and then click install at the bottom. This will reboot the phone and should not wipe any data.

*Pro Tip*
    At the bottom of the CSC screen, there is an option that says Don't change carrier(for DEV/QA). Well, you know how when you change the SIM on the U1 firmware, the phone detects and new SIM and reboots to apply the new carrier settings? You can choose this and select install and get a popup showing ENABLED and the phone won't reboot, allowing you to choose the CSC and keep it with whatever SIM is installed.
    SRRgdfXbgVrlX0gi39nrNvCOP5fUpxpsFwx07Uizs4rArx-_Os2b5uiqVeDLnYEQF41bX5NGF4wAWvIt47XdYB5hpIiIgVDqf-Ke7YLX4UhhSDwOjsD8s-jAm1B6uCUw0RS8Fqq1MMH8k9yGZ_EalB5aT1AFCdF1NQjObWcz-is4vo4Cw_PqVdNVvs2zNA70lelgxoBaoLEcqPgATGtWDqj-OyUMInPsXuAEvYrYSgFJmi24zqxTKxbGOPJLyX_xtYBKgcq-EM8fDavpsWdwfAXKG-h9HpaGjeAJU0kBpyvCS_Bpr1BQrS434VWANjlGgK_oXM56Elzv9X9-AMplSVerXoGXZHi95csmxfJS4y1GCBpYv0uOkCc-ptlI9eW7keuRPSlvir0al1RVrAUn8lLQkGKU4nwS3zhoP61qx8cShoLumwqLKX9gJd4RBEb3YhxGu_iaP4MHOAgXlAgQSkNCcRNDDOoIRkd1EbdtHb91oe2IFWBxObET7nhzlksWzEQWyHVdZ06XkKLokjjiTEpzZk3gzDbnRA46HTazxsGe4KvD2s4YSZqZbMUMxhpyB7u2j3WIyJLsYTx5ledUzfLae5r0suTB7uraTAHVRS4n82NfwdvrbvTgeJL_G9f6rSVKKd0h8Srhb8vjbygcvJzzxHn2t2BE_aleUxsmE4NZNI8mQW5FJr00UmQS=w373-h800-no

Here is a list of the available CSCs on the U1 and the Carriers I have found:
    ACG=NexTech/C-Spire
    ATT=AT&T
    AIO=Cricket
    LRA=Bluegrass Cellular (possibly other smaller carriers also)
    VZW=Verizon
    BST=Boost Mobile
    TMB=Tmobile
    TMK=MetroPCS
    TFN=Tracfone
    USC=U.S. Cellular
    XAA=Unlocked Non-Branded (Google FI is an example)
    XAR=Cellular South
    XAS=Samsung Unbranded Sprint
    CCT=Xfinity Mobile
    CHA=Spectrum (Charter)
    XAG=Some MVNOs that use TMO, like Mint (confirmation needed)
    ATC=Unknown
    FKR=Unknown
    GCF=Global Certification Forum
    WWD=World Wide Device
    SPR=Sprint
    DSH=Dish Network

I hope everyone finds this guide helpful and I will add/change any information as it is discovered.
    Just check the code on my N9810 BRI
    This method only works on Qualcomm versions
    I use *#*#276633683782#*#* on Google phone dialer
    and it brings up a service mode screen.

Press [5] RF Test and choose [2] PREF MODE SET
    (or other options also works )
    It will show Please use *#2263# for mode set
    Then just tap three dots on right top menu and choose back
    It will bring you back to the main menu.

I happen to have quite a few Note 20 Ultras available for testing, including two that work (BL Unlocked, rooted SM-N9860-CHC and a SM-N986U1-XAA) as well as two that are disassembled (SM-N9860-TGY and SM-N986U1-TMB). If you have any hardware questions or tests you'd like me to run let me know and I should be able to make it happen.

P.S. Draiter is correct about the solder markings differentiating the variants but they are not actually bridging any pads to enable features but rather are just manufacturing markings to label which model phone the board is for. I can also vouch that there is more to bands than just software differences. The US SD models have MMWave antennas that the CHC/TGY/BRI models don't have. And as far as cross flashing CP modem files in odin I can confirm that the phones absolutely throw a fit when attempting to flash "incorrect" CP files. There's apparently a version check that occurs similar to BL files in that you can only upgrade modem versions and I learned the hard way that flashing a lower modem revision CP resulted in a phone that booted but would soon display a popup during setup saying "no IMEI/MEID found" followed by a hard shutoff and bootloop!
    Hey guys, I've just activated aggregation and missing LTE bands on Android 11 for Chinese firmware SM-N9860 (Snapdragon) using QSPT & QXDM tools for Windows. No root needed. Instruction looks big but nothing hard. The only issue it is in Russian for now. If you want to try probably have to use Google Translate. Check my post on 4PDA. I don't know if it will work for your device version or not. Please let me know.
    *#*#27663368378#*#* still works for me on TMO N20U (unlocked) after Android 11 update
    but *#272*IMEI# doesn't bring up CSC menu which was available before Android 11 update.
    Following code works to bring up CSC menu.
    Dialed *#*#27262826#*#* on my unlocked Tmobile using google phone app