[GUIDE]Set Video as bootanimation(Testers needed!)

Search This thread

devilex94

Sep 24, 2011
Hey guys because of Motorola's good deeds i found a way to Set a Video as bootanimation.:D
The procedure is very simple.;)

EDIT : VIDEO TUTORIAL IS NOW ADDED !!!
EDIT 2: WATCH DOGS/ctOS BOOTANIMATION IS NOW ADDED !!!
EDIT 3: SUPPORT FOR LOLLIPOP ADDED . NOT TESTED PERSONALLY BUT USERS CLAIMING IT WORKS THANKS TO LuanTeles !!! :D
EDIT 4: TankiFrench FOUND A NICE TOOL TO CONVERT SIMPLE BOOTANIMATION ZIPS TO VIDEO BOOTANIMATION ZIPS. HERE YOU GO http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2651044

XDA Portal
FqKKEL4.jpg

Why use Video instead of set of pics?:confused:
Ans.
1. It will take less space in /system.
2. This can play the animation with steady fps doesn't matter the power of cpu. (Old bootanimations slow down the animation some times if cpu is not able to handle the animation)
3. At the End we can put any awesome video we like as bootanimation . f*ck yeah!:cool:

Requirements :
1. Rooted Phone
2. Android 4.4.x or 5.0.x(still need testing)

Procedure :
1(a). Download this bootanimation file for kitkat .
Code:
[URL="http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/26992022/file.html
"]Zippyshare[/URL]
[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download/mx8g6zfukfb6fql/bootanimation"]Mediafire[/URL]
[URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t7lpyrsfys5t1o/bootanimation?dl=0"]Dropbox (Thanks to danielbe)[/URL]
1(b). Download this bootanimation file for lollipop
Code:
[URL="http://goo.gl/CFPYAZ"]Google Drive (thanks to LuanTeles)[/URL]
2. Replace it with your bootanimation file from /system/bin.
3. Set 755(octal) permission (i.e rwx-rx-rx) to bootanimation file.
4. Download attached bootanimation.zip and modify it with your mp4 videos
Code:
[B]Notice :[/B] Below attached bootanimation.zip is extracted from Moto E device.
It contains 2 mp4 files inside instead of 2 folder full with pics.
One mp4 is for main bootanimation and second mp4 video is for looping.
After using this method old type bootanimation may not work so make backup of your phone's bootanimation file and bootanimation zip.
5. At last push the modified bootanimation.zip in /system/media and overwrite and set 644(octal) permission (i.e rw-r-r) permission.

Video Tutorials by techdeisel ;) (thnx bro )

YOU CAN ALSO JUST USE FOLLOWING ATTACHED BOOTANIMATION.ZIP IF YOU WANT MOTO E/G BOOTANIMATION. :victory:

vFVm8X.jpg
LPbnKz.jpg

Press Thanks if Worked . That's the least you can do for me :good:

BOOTANIMATIONS

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Marvel vs DC bootanimation (at 48 fps)
Note : The original method of bootanimation takes whooping 41 MB space but with this method only 7.13 MB
DOWNLOAD

Preview(30 fps):
ComicCharcters480.gif

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. DROID (Don't exactly know which phone model :p )
DOWNLOAD

Preview
attachment.php

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3. Watch Dogs/ctOS bootanimation
DOWNLOAD

Preview
Not Available right now :( . I will upload when i get to my laptop.

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    866.1 KB · Views: 18,207
  • marvel_dc_48fps_bootanimation.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 11,541
  • droid_bootanimation.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 7,182
  • droid.gif
    droid.gif
    6 MB · Views: 72,233
Last edited:

devilex94

Sep 24, 2011
Pressing thanks anyway, just because it's an awesome idea. I'm trying it out right now!

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Didn't work on my Xperia Z, running stock KitKat. Shame.. :(
You did everything correctly? like replacing the bootanimation file in /system/bin
The new bootanimation file is 25.27 KB (25872 Bytes) in size.
Check if it is properly replaced
and did you set the permission properly?
And how you know it didnt worked i mean what was the result?

Reactions: cbrox

Ticklefish

Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK
You did everything correctly? like replacing the bootanimation file in /system/bin
The new bootanimation file is 25.27 KB (25872 Bytes) in size.
Check if it is properly replaced
and did you set the permission properly?
And how you know it didnt worked i mean what was the result?

Everything was replaced that needed to be replaced and permissions were set. But no video boot animation..or any boot animation at all. All I get is a blank screen while Android loads up.

I'm getting a different size for the bootanimation file. I've downloaded it again and it's definitely 37.4 KB, not 25.27....:confused:

Ticklefish

Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK
Sorry i gave link to my phone's bootanimation file :p redownload the file. i uploaded the correct one

:D Easy enough to do..

Downloaded the new file, stuck into the flashable zip I made, flashed and....now my Sony phone is advertising Motorola! Very nice! :highfive:

There's about a second of delay before the video loads and starts playing but that may have been my imagination. Hardly an issue anyway.

Now I just need to find a suitable video I can use. Hmm....

My flashable zip is attached. It uses the Universal Flashing Tool, so it makes a flashable backup file of the files it replaces. However, the UFT doesn't work on every rom...

So I've attached a 'standard' flashable zip as well. ;)

I've made a folder on my Mediafire account with some flashable zips for this. Have a look at my post later in the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56960679&postcount=91

Last edited:

devilex94

Sep 24, 2011
So it worked . Glad to know. Thanks to inform my mistake :D
And please share your bootanimations you made here too. I will also want to try your bootanimations ;)

LeJolly

May 29, 2013
Ever going to work on Lollipop? Have you looked at the new code in Moto X's Lollipop update?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: hassan_1000

techdeisel

Oct 31, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Max 3
LG Velvet
working in my lg g flex though none of the zips would flash had to back up an replace an repermission manually but using the dc one.ita awesome as i am a hugh comic geek will up load video of how i did it an so all animations working when i get home ? now only problem is i cant stop rebooting my phone looks so good?

Last edited:

RMarques

Jan 28, 2013
OnePlus 8
working in my lg g flex though none of the zips would flash had to back up an replace an repermission manually but using the dc one.ita awesome as i am a hugh comic geek will up load video of how i did it an so all animations working when i get home ? now only problem is i cant stop rebooting my phone looks so good?

So cool man! This is the one I want to install! I'll be looking forward for your vid!

Sent from my RazrHD, DHackerCM12LollipopF2FS

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
binary crashes with SIGILL on armv6 device with cm11 (lg optimus V,)
(as expected, hardly anything is compiled for armeabi anymore intead of armeabiv7a) but it was worth a try.
SIGSEV on icecream sandwich (htc evo v, armv7)
works great on cm11 (liquid smooth) on the same htc evo v though.
Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Antaril

May 15, 2013
Does not work on HTC M7 Lollipop CM12. Can you make a special "bootanimation" file for lp?

cameljockey1

Aug 4, 2011
Arlington
Actually mine has a few seconds before it comes up. I did the droid ome and all i got was the second mp4 video amd did not see the first mp4. Any idea? I also noticed that earlier as well. Any ideas? Sony xperia z ultra.

Reactions: TankiFrench

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys because of Motorola's good deeds i found a way to Set a Video as bootanimation.:D
    The procedure is very simple.;)

EDIT : VIDEO TUTORIAL IS NOW ADDED !!!
    EDIT 2: WATCH DOGS/ctOS BOOTANIMATION IS NOW ADDED !!!
    EDIT 3: SUPPORT FOR LOLLIPOP ADDED . NOT TESTED PERSONALLY BUT USERS CLAIMING IT WORKS THANKS TO LuanTeles !!! :D
    EDIT 4: TankiFrench FOUND A NICE TOOL TO CONVERT SIMPLE BOOTANIMATION ZIPS TO VIDEO BOOTANIMATION ZIPS. HERE YOU GO http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2651044

XDA Portal
    FqKKEL4.jpg

Why use Video instead of set of pics?:confused:
    Ans.
    1. It will take less space in /system.
    2. This can play the animation with steady fps doesn't matter the power of cpu. (Old bootanimations slow down the animation some times if cpu is not able to handle the animation)
    3. At the End we can put any awesome video we like as bootanimation . f*ck yeah!:cool:

Requirements :
    1. Rooted Phone
    2. Android 4.4.x or 5.0.x(still need testing)

Procedure :
    1(a). Download this bootanimation file for kitkat .
    Code:
    [URL="http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/26992022/file.html
    "]Zippyshare[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download/mx8g6zfukfb6fql/bootanimation"]Mediafire[/URL]
    [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t7lpyrsfys5t1o/bootanimation?dl=0"]Dropbox (Thanks to danielbe)[/URL]
    1(b). Download this bootanimation file for lollipop
    Code:
    [URL="http://goo.gl/CFPYAZ"]Google Drive (thanks to LuanTeles)[/URL]
    2. Replace it with your bootanimation file from /system/bin.
    3. Set 755(octal) permission (i.e rwx-rx-rx) to bootanimation file.
    4. Download attached bootanimation.zip and modify it with your mp4 videos
    Code:
    [B]Notice :[/B] Below attached bootanimation.zip is extracted from Moto E device.
    It contains 2 mp4 files inside instead of 2 folder full with pics.
    One mp4 is for main bootanimation and second mp4 video is for looping.
    After using this method old type bootanimation may not work so make backup of your phone's bootanimation file and bootanimation zip.
    5. At last push the modified bootanimation.zip in /system/media and overwrite and set 644(octal) permission (i.e rw-r-r) permission.

Video Tutorials by techdeisel ;) (thnx bro )

YOU CAN ALSO JUST USE FOLLOWING ATTACHED BOOTANIMATION.ZIP IF YOU WANT MOTO E/G BOOTANIMATION. :victory:

vFVm8X.jpg
    LPbnKz.jpg

Press Thanks if Worked . That's the least you can do for me :good:

BOOTANIMATIONS

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note : The original method of bootanimation takes whooping 41 MB space but with this method only 7.13 MB
    DOWNLOAD

Preview(30 fps):
    ComicCharcters480.gif

DOWNLOAD

Preview
    attachment.php

3. Watch Dogs/ctOS bootanimation
    DOWNLOAD

Preview
    Not Available right now :( . I will upload when i get to my laptop.

Sorry i gave link to my phone's bootanimation file :p redownload the file. i uploaded the correct one

:D Easy enough to do..

Downloaded the new file, stuck into the flashable zip I made, flashed and....now my Sony phone is advertising Motorola! Very nice! :highfive:

There's about a second of delay before the video loads and starts playing but that may have been my imagination. Hardly an issue anyway.

Now I just need to find a suitable video I can use. Hmm....

My flashable zip is attached. It uses the Universal Flashing Tool, so it makes a flashable backup file of the files it replaces. However, the UFT doesn't work on every rom...

So I've attached a 'standard' flashable zip as well. ;)

I've made a folder on my Mediafire account with some flashable zips for this. Have a look at my post later in the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56960679&postcount=91
    Hmm very interesting find, I'll give it a go in a little bit. Traveling right now.

Thank you!

DJ
    EDIT : 2 NEW BOOTANIMATIONS

DOWNLOAD

Preview(30 fps):
    ComicCharcters480.gif

DOWNLOAD

Preview
    attachment.php

I didn't spot that you'd uploaded some new videos! :eek:

I've made some flashable zips to go with them and they're all in this folder here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/h1cacu0430696//Video%20Bootanimations

There's a mix of 'STD' and 'UFT' zips.

The UFT ones make a flashable backup of the files that are replaced, so you can easily get your ROM back to normal. But they don't work on every ROM and/or recovery. So that's why there are STD ones as well!

Enjoy!
    Hi! I've extracted the bootanimation binary file from Moto E4 system image (Android 7.1.1) and it's working on my Moto E2 with LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2). I can use video files as bootanimation (I've used the Hello Moto bootanimation from the same Moto E4 system image). You can download and test it. The .zip file will backup your old bootanimation binary and copy the new one.