Guide SIM UNLOCK T-MOBILE version all type of IMEI supported

Search This thread

robbie1104

Mar 26, 2019
I've finally did the process and it WORKS PERFECTLY, sim unlocked, no ime issue... data working correctly, everything works perfect.

I'm very excited, let me get a refund from cellunlocker and donate you some money

Could I lock bootloader again?

Thank you nika_bego

Attachments

• re.jpg
    re.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2,769
  • Screenshot_20190327-113842.jpg
    Screenshot_20190327-113842.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 2,754
Last edited:
Reactions: I<3cats
G

GuestK00177

I've finally did the process and it WORKS PERFECTLY, sim unlocked, no ime issue... data working correctly, everything works perfect.

I'm very excited, let me get a refund from cellunlocker and donate you some money

Thank you nika_bego
Well damn that's even easier

tech_head

Nov 22, 2007
California
lol yep. significantly easier than what i used back in November

This is similar to how SIM unlock was gained on the Sprint Essential PH-1.
The modem and setting files were copied from a SIM unlocked version. This unlocked the SIM on the Sprint version.

Sprint was making people wait months and giving them a hard time even after the device was paid and the waiting period was over.

Good job.

kramer987

Dec 22, 2010
The modem and setting files were copied from a SIM unlocked version. This unlocked the SIM on the Sprint version.

Sprint was making people wait months and giving them a hard time even after the device was paid and the waiting period was over.

Good job.

that's exactly the method that was used in the case i am referring to from November

Caltinpla

Sep 16, 2014
Garden State

Good job.
Yeah, I remember you back then;). We both had hard times getting our Essential phones unlocked after the 50 damn days waiting period over. I had to contact Sprint customer relations VP to get it resolved. What a nightmare!!! Never Sprint again!!! I still have it though but gave it to my son and he likes it.

G

GuestK00177

If u guys try the TMobile unlock app it still says network locked, but if u check under engineer codes simlock will now say off. Trying to do this backwards to see if we can relock,, just for kicks

Edit.. yes if u wish for some strange reason to re simlock your phone, reboot bootloader and
fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.bin

Then same command but with 2 for the second one..

This is after backing it up to an external source somewhere after dd'ing your modemst1 and 2

Then reboot, simlock is back on. And then u can do this back and forth furthermore, thanks nika

Last edited:
G

GuestK00321

Thank you nika_bego
If you don't want modifications in system you can lock bootloader or just left as is
Cool it's way faster than any service for unlock :D

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Bro ur funny we use magisk n we don't dd modems thru terminal to back anything up.... Tell me technically what sense would it make to delete your modem how would that unlock your sim?

Your not deleting the modem. Your deleting the storage of the modem, modemST.

Hi, I believe you, and I want to try this method... but where are the source of your information? How did you know puting those comands will work?

Thank you!!!

Its all over the internet. No for real. Just google modemst1 or modemst2. I did when I saw this and realized he is correct with what he posted.

https://www.theandroidsoul.com/fix-...d-wifibluetooth-issues-restoring-twrp-backup/

https://android.stackexchange.com/q...implications-of-doing-fastboot-erase-modemst1

Or better yet.... https://www.google.com/search?q=mod...0j69i60j0l2.1471j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Modemst1 and 2 is settings, not modem.
This!

If u guys try the TMobile unlock app it still says network locked, but if u check under engineer codes simlock will now say off. Trying to do this backwards to see if we can relock,, just for kicks

Edit.. yes if u wish for some strange reason to re simlock your phone, reboot bootloader and
fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.bin

Then same command but with 2 for the second one..

This is after backing it up to an external source somewhere after dd'ing your modemst1 and 2

Then reboot, simlock is back on. And then u can do this back and forth furthermore, thanks nika

If the T-Mobile App says your still locked, could you tell me if Developer Options allow Bootloader unlock?

The only reason I care is I want to run the T-Mobile ROM but maintain root.

XJonathanX2

Oct 23, 2017
Can someone please explain me but more detailed in how to do these steps, I'm not a tech guy as you can see and this is the first time I own a OnePlus phone and I really want to unlock my 6T

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Your not deleting the modem. Your deleting the storage of the modem, modemST. .....

Yeah I was standing on my jump to conclusions mat because it sounded too easy. It seems a bit like a bypass vs a true sim unlock (that registers with the carrier as being unlocked) as I'm quite sure this doesn't fly in the actual tmo oem stock that has the tmo unlock app but not like that matters too much for most... Kudos Nico and sorry for doubting! I do wish the people that discovered this in Nov would have shared it so I didn't have to spend 3 hrs working my way up the chain of command talking to TMobile on the phone and in chats just to get denied after explaining I needed it sim unlocked and giving various reasons why then finally succeeding with unlock via the tmo Twitter support... seems like a huge avoidable waste of time now lol. Not sure why people would keep something that many people struggle with to themselves it's bad enough how Google just caved into all the carriers for pie n gave them more control over us

tech_head

Nov 22, 2007
California
Yeah, I remember you back then;). We both had hard times getting our Essential phones unlocked after the 50 damn days waiting period over. I had to contact Sprint customer relations VP to get it resolved. What a nightmare!!! Never Sprint again!!! I still have it though but gave it to my son and he likes it.

Yep. As soon as the 6T was announced with Verizon compatibility; it was on the shopping list.
I bought mine unlocked, so not carrier drama.

I sold the Essential on Swappa for more than I paid.

XJonathanX2

Oct 23, 2017
This method worked like a charm!! I converted to the international version with no problems and manage to unlock my 6T easily, now I'm rocking with my sim card no problems!! Thank you so much Niko I really appreciate it!

Reactions: w69

cangri87

Dec 4, 2007
The OC - Saint City
This worked great! Just tested it with a AT&T sim and low and behold i had service.

I am wondering now, if i revert back to stock if it will remain sim unlocked or will the flashing back to factory
rewrite the modemst files?

pyrorob

Oct 19, 2006
Hickory, NC
OnePlus 6T
Has anyone thought of comparing dumps of a before and after using a hex editor or beyond compare or similar utility? Would be best if someone compared a dump of an proper sim unlocked device, but it might be interesting to compare using this method as to see if anything is written to those partitions after deletion..

G

GuestK00321

This worked great! Just tested it with a AT&T sim and low and behold i had service.

I am wondering now, if i revert back to stock if it will remain sim unlocked or will the flashing back to factory
rewrite the modemst files?

If you flash stock it will be sim unlocked you need modemst1 and modemst2 backup after sim unlock you can flash this files and it will be sim locked again

thirdlobe

Nov 9, 2015
Thank you for your help and work to get us here. I bought a 1+6T on Offer Up and it worked for a couple of months but when the original owner did not pay for it. It locked my phone. This helped and let me not lose money on my investment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can confirm that after restoring to the stock T-Mobile MSM, the bootloader is unlockable. You do not need to wait the 40 Day Sim Unlock time frame.

This is great. Someone should out all this in an T-Mobile Tips / Tricks thread.

Here are condensed version of the steps I took.

1. Flash international ROM using MSM Tool
    2. Unlock bootloader
    3. Erase modemst1/2
    4. MSM back to T-Mobile
    5. Fastboot to get OEM token and submit on OnePlus site.
    6. Let all OTA's take place as they should
    7. Wait 7 days and unlock bootloader with full T-Mobile software "tweaks"

This method will also work for people still on a payment plan and have not paid off the phone. They can get unlock token even though they are still paying on device otherwise device would have to be paid off before the 40 day period even begins.

In a week I will have the unlock code... Two weeks faster than I would have. I wish I just tried this first instead of trying to ride out the 40 days. The funny thing is, it doesn't matter because I will more than likely end up running the latest beta anyways. I guess its just the thought of having a fully unlocked phone with no strings.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2

you won't loose imei or have some problem phone works without any problem just tested

Thank you for posting this. I did not realize it was going to be this simple!
    Congrats bro

Alright bro, I thought this was an early April fool's joke at first but it's apparently not. Congrats n sorry for the early doubts... I had just read your posts about trying a sim unlock thru some company and it being successful but the tmo app wasn't working so I figured that's where your sim got unlocked it had just carried over to the international version but apparently not. It's crazy that this is how easy it is to bootloader unlock & unlock your sim. Definitely backup your modemst with readback mode in msm
    That's what I did....but it's not guaranteed to stay clean though....but I can change it if push comes to shove...or get a dual SIM tray from eBay and use the second Sim slot which wud have a clean imei...win win.... I paid 230 on eBay...great condition..no accessories..but got 23 dollar eBay bucks to boot:)
    Just remembered TMobile IMEI is the same on both slots. The only way would be to change the IMEI, but that requires special equipment.
    haven't but i am up for anything... maybe

Decided to try it now. Figured whats the worst that can happen. I am used to my device being in disarray from my dev years. This will atleast give me something to do. I know I cant be the only one who wonders... Just for the sake of wondering...

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Yay it works! The T-Mobile Unlock App shows unlocked after clearing the modemst1/2.

I did this using the fastboot method. Now I am going to flash the complete stock T-Mobile MSM Package. Then I will report how it acts then.
    G
    GuestK00321
    I was trying to sim unlock bad IMEI (financed) all services refused to unlock I managed to sim unlock very easy

1 you need to convert to international version follow this thread By AnonymousTipster ( great thanks ) (https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/how-to/t-mobile-6t-to-international-t3888307 )
    2 unlock bootloader
    3 type this commands
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot reboot

thats all
    you can also backup modemst1 and modemst2 files before this steps

you won't loose imei or have some problem phone works without any problem just tested

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone