[GUIDE][SM-N950U1 Stock Recovery] [Unlocked_XAA] Odin Recovery N950U1UEU1AQH7-BRA5

Search This thread

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
**Welcome to the Fox Den!**

This Firmware is the Factory Stock Firmware for the “Unlocked” Note8 with the product code (CSC) XAA.

This firmware was pulled from sammobile.com and is being hosted on my MEGA so that I can try to keep updates available.
This would need to be flashed to the device in download mode using the latest Odin found below.
After downloading the firmware below, You can do this by following these steps:

***Before you proceed, this will erase the internal storage so back up your files first***

Step 1 - Turn OFF your Galaxy Note 8.
Step 2 - Press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power Buttons.
Step 3 - After the Samsung logo, you will see a screen with a warning sign. Proceed ahead by pressing the Volume Up button.
Congratulations - You are in the Download Mode. If you want to get out of it, simply hold the Volume Up and Power buttons for a few seconds (around 10 sec.) and your phone will reboot normally.
Step 4 – Download and extract Odin or Prince Comsy Odin folder and double click the .exe file.
Step 5 – Connect your device via USB, Odin output should read "Added!!".
Step 6 – Add firmware files from the download page in the Odin sections appropriately, BL for BL, AP for AP, CP for CP, CSC for CSC (not HOME_CSC).
Step 7 – Ensure that only “Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" are selected under the options tab.
Step 8 – Click log tab and then click the Start button on the bottom right.
Step 9 – Output should be shown in the log, take a break for a few….
Step 10 – If the flash is successful, the top left box will become green and will read PASS.
Congratulations, your device can be disconnected. Let your device be until the setup screen comes up!
As updates roll out, I will do my best to DL and host these files on MEGA or other Hosting sites without ads.
If you want to provide me with a mirror of a newer version I will post it on here as long as it is hosted on a reputable site and is not riddled with ads, junk, or require several steps to get it to DL!

And as always, I cannot be held liable for the damage or malfunction of your device using these files,
you proceed at your own risk and remove my liability by continuing to the downloads portion of this post!

Downloads:
ODIN VERSIONS:
3.13.1 for use with Oreo:
Odin3_v3.13.1
Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD

3.12 for use with Nougat:
Odin3_v3.12.7
Odin3_v3.12 (PrinceComsy)

Mega Cloud Drive Mirror
Odin3_v3.12.7 / _v3.12 (PrinceComsy)

ODIN FILES:
Oreo
N950U1UEU3CRC1

Nougat
N950U1UEU3BRA5
--- *** BRA5 Update cannot be downgraded to previous versions *** ---
N950U1UEU2BQL2
N950U1UEU2BQK1
--- *** BQK1 Update cannot be downgraded to previous versions *** ---
N950U1UEU1AQI5
N950U1UEU1AQH9

"Unlocked" Carrier Specific Links (Not Complete Carrier Firmware):

Updato:
(ACG) CSpire - N950U1UEU1AQI5/BQK1/BQL2
(AIO) Anritsu - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(ATT) AT&T - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(BST) Boost Mobile - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(CCT) Xfinity - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(LRA) Bluegrass Cellular - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2
(SPR) Sprint - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(TFN) Tracfone - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(TMK) MetroPCS - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(TMB) T-Mobile - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(USC) US Cellular - N950U1UEU1AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(VMU) Virgin Mobile - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(VZW) Verizon - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(XAA) Stock Universal - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(XAS) Sprint Non-Branded - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5

SamMobile:
(ACG) CSpire - N950U1UEU1AQI5/BQK1/BQL2
(AIO) Anritsu - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(ATT) AT&T - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(BST) Boost Mobile - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(CCT) Xfinity - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(LRA) Bluegrass Cellular - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2
(SPR) Sprint - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(TFN) Tracfone - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(TMK) MetroPCS - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(TMB) T-Mobile - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(USC) US Cellular - N950U1UEU1AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(VMU) Virgin Mobile - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(VZW) Verizon - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(XAA) Stock Universal - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
(XAS) Sprint Non-Branded - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5

TOOLS:
Samsung Drivers: Samsung USB
Platform-Tools (ADB): adb

To get access to carrier-specific features, such as VoLTE and Video Calling (only available for some carriers), AFTER successfully setting up your unlocked version on your network (or flashing your carrier version to unlocked firmware and successfully setting up your network),
Flash your carrier version factory (for model # SM-N950U not SM-950U1) "USERDATA" file (get from your carrier factory firmware) in the "UMS" box in Odin (make sure to change the Odin config settings to 1 for UMS patch). If "USERDATA" file does not contain enough, flash "CSC" file as well.

Look here for more info: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8+/how-to/snap-guide-flashing-standard-fw-carrier-t3627255
(Confirmed to be working on Sprint and TMobile, Some Verizon, AT&T does not work very well (Full Carrier Flash is Best or CSC and USERDATA))

If you get a failed flash try to redownload your carrier firmware and try again. You may have had a bad download. Tou may also check to see if the UMS/patch of the Odin config file is set to 1. You may aslo need to use Prince Comsy's Odin.

*Flashing back to Unlocked Firmware from Carrier Firmware requires Prince Comsy's Odin*

Thanks go to @ Mike15678 for the S8+ flashing guide that I used as a guide.​

Other Links
*Culpeo ROM*
*Fennec ROM*
*Carrier Flashing and Switching Guide*
*Edit APN Settings & Native HotSpot Guide*
*SM-N950U/U1 Factory Binary, Combination Firmware*
*S Note & Working Action Memo*
*Free SIM Unlock Service by: @instrumentaly*

Last edited:

kstephens98

Apr 29, 2009
Forgive my ignorance, can this be flashed on a carrier specific phone to "unlock" it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
Forgive my ignorance, can this be flashed on a carrier specific phone to "unlock" it?

To get devices unlocked you can wait to go through your carrier or pay to have it unlocked. The unlocked version will allow you to remove bloat...albeit losing carrier functions as well. However, you may be able to flash only the userdata file of the carrier stock to regain the carrier function while keeping the perks of the unlocked firmware.

EddiePR

May 15, 2012
Yesterday I downloaded the xaa us unlocked firmware and flashed my ATT note 8 using the prince comsy Odin just like I did on my s8. Worked great. Bye bye att crapware.

That's what I'll do with my sprint note 8. thanks for confirming .. you have to flash the userdata as op says?
thanks to both!:good:

Reactions: Dr. Claw

EddiePR

May 15, 2012
When it is available...I don't think the calling plus (feature gained by the userdata file) is available yet is it?
Thanks for your answer.
It is that I am going to use it in t mobile network, not in sprint.
because with my sprint s8 I only flashed the firmware and no userdata and all the functions of tmobile, except video calling in phone app is present and maybe i not noticed the absence of other functions, but the more importantly, volte and wifi calling works.

black96ss

Dec 28, 2012
Thanks for your answer.
It is that I am going to use it in t mobile network, not in sprint.
because with my sprint s8 I only flashed the firmware and no userdata and all the functions of tmobile, except video calling in phone app is present and maybe i not noticed the absence of other functions, but the more importantly, volte and wifi calling works.

I just got my t mobile note 8 today from Samsung. Now I was going to flashthe unlocked firmware along wit the t mobile CSC and CP. I heard that will enable the video calling but may require a modified odin. I have not done this on an S8 but I am told doing that on the S8 variants work

Reactions: EddiePR

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
I just got my t mobile note 8 today from Samsung. Now I was going to flashthe unlocked firmware along wit the t mobile CSC and CP. I heard that will enable the video calling but may require a modified odin. I have not done this on an S8 but I am told doing that on the S8 variants work

If you follow this guide, but for the Note 8, you can try to achieve what you want. I do not have TMobile so I do not know what carrier specifics you can get. If you already flashed the Unlocked firmware through Prince Comsy's Odin, you only need to flash the TMobile "USERDATA" file in the UMS section...again follow the guide in this post...https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8+/how-to/snap-guide-flashing-standard-fw-carrier-t3627255....

Let us know how it goes...

Last edited:
Reactions: EddiePR

Rootuser3.0

May 18, 2011
Can we flash stock firmware on Verizon variant so I can bypass the tethering on my grandfather UDP plan?

DanMc85

Jan 6, 2008
USA
What is the easiest way to use ODIN to enable QH9 unlocked to use the AT&T CSC so I can enable WiFi Calling?

EddiePR

May 15, 2012
If you follow this guide, but for the Note 8, you can try to achieve what you want. I do not have TMobile so I do not know what carrier specifics you can get. If you already flashed the Unlocked firmware through Prince Comsy's Odin, you only need to flash the TMobile "USERDATA" file in the UMS section...again follow the guide in this post...https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8+/how-to/snap-guide-flashing-standard-fw-carrier-t3627255....

Let us know how it goes...
what does the userdata contain? is it mandatory or optional?

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
What is the easiest way to use ODIN to enable QH9 unlocked to use the AT&T CSC so I can enable WiFi Calling?

WiFi calling is already on the unlocked version in the call settings.

- Open Phone app
- Select Menu (3 dots top right)
- Select Settings
- Select Wi-Fi Calling
- Turn Wi-Fi Calling on

Last edited:
Reactions: burrzoo

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
Reactions: Rootuser3.0

eighty1

Apr 8, 2009
Atlanta
To get devices unlocked you can wait to go through your carrier or pay to have it unlocked. The unlocked version will allow you to remove bloat...albeit losing carrier functions as well. However, you may be able to flash only the userdata file of the carrier stock to regain the carrier function while keeping the perks of the unlocked firmware.

So, I have the unlocked Note 8 version and I am on Verizon. I could flash the verizon userdata only to gain the missing features?

Top Liked Posts