[Guide][SM-T500/T505] Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 - Unlock Bootloader & Root with Magisk

Search This thread

SJMarty

Jul 28, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
I identified the correct CSC for my tablet (XAR) and have rooted. In Magisk, when checking SafetyNet, I'm getting the SafetyNet API Error. I've installed the Universal SafetyNet fix from this thread, rebooted, cleared cache, and the check still fails.

I'm not sure what else to try/do. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Tirofog

Dec 6, 2011
Ireland
Google Pixel 7
OnePlus Pad
I identified the correct CSC for my tablet (XAR) and have rooted. In Magisk, when checking SafetyNet, I'm getting the SafetyNet API Error. I've installed the Universal SafetyNet fix from this thread, rebooted, cleared cache, and the check still fails.

I'm not sure what else to try/do. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
Fairly sure I read on my phone forum that the safety net fail on the latest Magisk is not actually a true fail, you could check this with an app from Play Store..

eu7tFeTyT7vfPy

Apr 21, 2021
LineageOS
Everything worked fine until I went through the initial setup screen again, once I put my language in and it rebooted I got a message saying my device was using unauthorized software and locked it. It said I had to contact support but I just flashed it back to stock again and everything works fine. I would really like to root my device, does anyone know how to counter this?

12312312312313.PNG

This is somebody elses image I found on google but this is the exact same pop up I get on my tablet.

Doto143

Apr 21, 2021
Please help. My phone is bootloop, when I flash it with Odin it fails and it says sw rev check fail bootloader device -1. Please help which firmware should I use?

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Please help. My phone is bootloop, when I flash it with Odin it fails and it says sw rev check fail bootloader device -1. Please help which firmware should I use?
Without knowing what you have and haven't done, and what stock version you started with, it's hard to tell what you need to do next. But to start, use frija.exe to download the latest stock ROM.

Doto143

Apr 21, 2021
Without knowing what you have and haven't done, and what stock version you started with, it's hard to tell what you need to do next. But to start, use frija.exe to download the latest stock ROM.
My Phone suddenly rebooted and it said reboot recovery cause is (unknown). Then I tried to flash it with the latest firmware and the flash failed then it said sw rev check fail bootloader device -1. Does firmware -1 exist?

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
My Phone suddenly rebooted and it said reboot recovery cause is (unknown). Then I tried to flash it with the latest firmware and the flash failed then it said sw rev check fail bootloader device -1. Does firmware -1 exist?
You can't flash anything without having first enabled Dev mode. I would suggest you boot your tablet to recovery and factory reset it.

Doto143

Apr 21, 2021
You can't flash anything without having fI've tried that. But unfortunately I can't enter recovery mode. I think it's because my cellphone suddenly turned off and this writing appeared.irst enabled Dev mode. I would suggest you boot your tablet to recovery and factory reset it.
I already want to try that. But unfortunately I can't enter recovery mode. I think it's because my phone suddenly turned off and this writing appeared.
WhatsApp Image 2021-04-22 at 12.24.55 AM.jpeg

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
AFAICT these instructions don't work, and there is no way to mount the sdcard as internal/adopted. Tho I would love for someone to prove me wrong. With screenshots and the output of the "mount" command.
I just received my A7 and went through the normal setup routine. Installed a 64gb SD card and while the apps remainded on the internal, all of the user data, such as Downloads, DCIM, Android, Movises, Music etc, were all moved to the SD card. I know when tablets only had 8gb internal, moving apps to the SD card was needed. But even before I started removing or disabling unwanted bloat, only about 15gb of internal storage was used. I don't know if people realize just how much slower SD cards are compared to internal storage, but it is really significant. Personally, I wouldn't want to move apps to SD unless I absolutely had to.

Again, I know there are gamers who really need a lot of internal, but , in that case, why buy a tablet with only 32gb in the first place? I really don't understand, When I bought mine, the 64gb version only cost $10 more than the 32gb.

Reactions: chalybeum

k660

Dec 27, 2012
thank you for the guidance, i successfully rooted my Samsung T500.
but i have a problem, the rooted device cannot perform reboot, if i reboot the device it's will go bootloop. then i need to use odin to flash the BL,AP,CSC one more times.
can some one give a solution for this problem?

wildechap

Nov 15, 2012
Buea
Everything worked fine until I went through the initial setup screen again, once I put my language in and it rebooted I got a message saying my device was using unauthorized software and locked it. It said I had to contact support but I just flashed it back to stock again and everything works fine. I would really like to root my device, does anyone know how to counter this?

View attachment 5285945
This is somebody elses image I found on google but this is the exact same pop up I get on my tablet.
Did you fix it?

wildechap

Nov 15, 2012
Buea

View attachment 5285945
If you have the T505 Don't forget to also flash the CP file

eu7tFeTyT7vfPy

Apr 21, 2021
LineageOS
If you have the T505 Don't forget to also flash the CP file
I haven't tried since, and nah I have the T500. I had intentions of installing another OS (Like Lineage or Ubuntu Touch) but they don't support the device yet so I can wait. I'm not really sure what went wrong but I'll try again when I feel up to it. Rn I have all of the apps I want installed and ebooks and stuff and don't really want to lose all my **** after I root.

Last edited:
Reactions: wildechap

felipelacerda

May 5, 2021
The Snapdragon 662 used, supports the types of storage: eMMC / UFS 2.1

What mode is implemented in this tablet model? :unsure:
Can anyone share performance tests?

best regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently purchased the Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 (released in 2020) and couldn't help but notice that there's no dedicated thread in the forums for unlocking the bootloader or rooting (Although, the method should be very similar to what is followed for the Tab 10.1 (2019)).

It's been quite some time since I published a tutorial on XDA. So, I decided to put up this comprehensive tutorial, hope it helps everyone who's looking for it. We will take the direct approach of rooting the tab by patching the AP firmware and flashing the patched AP through Odin.

/* I will be using the same images I prepared for the tutorial to be posted on my blog. Sorry that they have been watermarked, that is to prevent scrapers from stealing. It took me enough time to capture them and do some post-processing. */

Before we start, here's the obligatory disclaimer and warning:
    • Unlocking the bootloader will erase all the data on your tab, including all the data that's on the internal storage. So, make sure that you have taken a complete backup of all your important data.
    • Flashing a custom binary (such as Magisk patched TAR in this guide) will trip the KNOX counter. Your device's official warranty will be void once KNOX is tripped.
    • You will not be able to use apps and services like Secure Folder, Samsung Pass, and anything that relies on KNOX.
    • Although I have tried this on my Galaxy Tab A7 (SM-500) and can confirm that this works, I will not take any responsibility of any bricked/toasted devices. Make sure that you fully understand what you're doing and accept the consequences if anything goes wrong.
    • If you do land your tablet in trouble, feel free to ask, I shall try my best to help.

Update log

Updated on March 2, 2021
    1. Added more info about the warranty. It seems like some users are still not aware of how KNOX affects the warranty. If you're getting into software modifications such as rooting, I expect you to have some prior knowledge about such things.
    2. Redacted the part where you needed to change Magisk's update channel under Step #5. Not needed anymore as Magisk v21.x was released to the Stable channel in January 2021.
    3. Replaced all instances of "Magisk Manager" with "Magisk App". Starting with Magisk v22, Magisk Manager is gone and merged with the core Magisk. It's now called the "Magisk App".

Requirements
    • Your Galaxy Tab A7 with SM-T500 or SM-T505 model number
    • A compatible USB-C cable
    • A Windows computer. (Odin only works on Windows. If you're using Linux or Mac, you could try Heimdall)

Instructions

Step 1: Enable OEM Unlocking
    In order to unlock the bootloader, you must first enable the 'OEM Unlocking' toggle. This toggle resides inside the 'Developer options' screen, which is hidden by default on most Android devices.

First, enable 'Developer options' by going to 'Settings' > 'About tablet' > 'Software Information' and repeatedly tap on the 'Build number' section five times. If you have a lock screen security set, you will need to input your PIN/Password/Pattern when prompted.

fyOjj9C.jpg

Once you do this, you should see a toast notification on the bottom of the screen saying that "Developer mode has been enabled".

DS2QcOM.jpg

Once that is out of the way, go to 'Settings' > 'Developer options' and turn ON the toggle next to "OEM unlocking". You will instantly be prompted to enter your PIN/Password/Pattern, so do it. Then select "Enable" to allow OEM unlocking.
    • Note: If the OEM unlocking toggle is grayed out, make sure that you have connected the tablet to the internet first (via WiFi or mobile network, your choice).

P1e7Kks.jpg

Step 2: Unlock the Bootloader
    Start by powering off your tablet completely. Then while holding the Volume Up and Volume Down keys together, connect it to your computer using the USB cable. This should take you to the bootloader screen (I call it that because logically that's what directs you to either Download Mode or Device Unlock Mode). Long-press the Volume Up key to enter the 'Device unlock mode'.

A6rzA41.jpg

Your tab should now prompt you with a confirmation screen, so press the Volume Up key to confirm and unlock the bootloader.

DfBMlQI.jpg

Your Tab A7's bootloader is now unlocked and it should reboot automatically. You should also see a warning message right before the Samsung splash screen, just as shown in the picture below. Don't worry, it's completely normal. And no, there's no way to get rid of it (unless of course, you relock the bootloader).

zvQahPn.jpg

The first boot after unlocking the bootloader could take some time (took around 3-4 minutes for me). So be patient.

Now that the bootloader is unlocked, let's verify it. Samsung introduced a new feature known as "VaultKeeper", which will automatically relock the bootloader if you do not perform this step.

After your tab boots, connect it to the internet. Then enable the Developer options as shown in step #1 and go to 'Settings' > 'Developer options'. The OEM unlocking toggle should be greyed out and say that the bootloader is already unlocked. Again, refer to the picture below.

a3UaBV8.jpg

Step 3: Download the firmware package
    With the bootloader properly unlocked, you can begin with the rooting part. As I mentioned, we will be patching the AP firmware file via Magisk App, as instructed by John Wu in his installation guide on Github.

So, you will need to download the firmware package for the software version that's currently installed on your tab. This is very important, do not use an older firmware, as it will result in issues. You could of course use a newer firmware, which will update your tab at the same time as rooting it.

To verify your software version, you can go to 'Settings' > 'About tablet' > 'Software information' and check the "Build number". The latter half of the mentioned build number is your tab's software version, which in my case as shown in the picture below is: T500XXU1ATJ2. So, I will need to download the firmware package for "T500XXU1ATJ2" and in your case you should download the one corresponding to the info you see under 'Build number'.

Where to download? You could use online FW databases like SamMobile, Samfrew, etc. However, I would recommend using Frija or Samloader as they allow you to download the firmware directly from Samsung's Firmware Update Servers and without any speed caps. If you're operating on Windows, use Frija. On macOS/Linux, use Samloader.

Step 4: Extract the AP firmware and transfer it to your Tab A7
    Once you have the ZIP package downloaded, you will need to extract it to get The extracted folder should contain the individual firmware files like BL, AP, CP (only for SM-T505 LTE variant), and CSC/HOME_CSC (in .tar.md5 file format).

fwaedIp.jpg

The file you'll require is the AP firmware, which in my case is "AP_T500XXU1ATJ2_CL19362637_QB34980135_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_RKEY_OS10.tar.md5". Again, in your case, the filename would be a bit different, but it should follow the same structure.

After extracting the AP firmware, connect your tab to the computer, enable File Transfer (MTP) mode on it, and copy over the AP firmware to your tab's internal storage. Copy it to the root directory, that is, outside all the folders as shown below. The location of the file doesn't matter, you can copy it anywhere, but I prefer this for easier access.

LqSc4mN.jpg

Step 5: Patch the AP firmware using Magisk App
    Now's the time to patch the AP firmware. To do this, download the latest version of the Magisk app from the official Github releases page to your Tab A7. This will be an APK file. Once downloaded, install the APK file using your choice of file manager.

Warning about unofficial sources of Magisk: Magisk does not have any officially registered domain. If you Google for it, you will probably come across multiple websites that have the word "Magisk" in their domain URL. They are there to deceive the users, and often misinform users, especially those who are new to the scene.
    John Wu, as well as XDA have previously warned the users from falling into these deceptive websites. The only official place to get Magisk is from Github.

You do not need to change Magisk's update channel to Beta anymore. Starting January 12, Magisk v21.x was pushed to the stable channel (default).

After installing, go to the app drawer and launch the Magisk Manager app. Before you start patching, you would want to change Magisk Manager's update channel to Public Beta. This is because Magisk's latest version (i.e. v21.0) is only available on the beta channel and hasn't been pushed to the stable channel yet (at least at the time of publishing this tutorial).
    To do this, press the settings icon on the top-right, tap on "Update channel" and select "Beta". Then go back to the app's main screen. It should refresh and show you the latest version as v21.0.

Press the "Install" button and then "Select and Patch a File" from the list of available methods. This should open the file selector, so navigate to the internal storage and select the AP firmware you transferred during the previous step.

T1gvi0A.jpg

Once the file is selected, hit "LET'S GO" to start the patching process. This should take a minute or so because the AP firmware is quite a heavy file. Once it is done, the patched AP firmware with the filename "magisk_patched_xxxxx.tar" (where "xxxxx" is an arbitrary code) should be stored inside the "Download" folder of your tab's internal storage.

94P21Zb.jpg

Step 6: Flash the Patched AP Firmware using Odin
    The last step is to flash the patched AP firmware to your Galaxy Tab A7 and root it. For this, connect your tab to the computer over USB and copy the "magisk_patched.tar" file from the Download folder. Paste this patched AP firmware inside the firmware folder that was extracted during step #5, along with the rest of the firmware files (BL, CSC, etc). Disconnect it from the PC after transferring the file.

fbir5NI.jpg

Now, boot your Tab A7 into Download Mode. Power it off, and connect it to the computer over USB while holding the Volume Up and Volume Down keys together. This should bring up the bootloader screen. Simply tap the Volume Up key once to enter Download Mode. Here's what the Download Mode on the Tab A7 looks like.

EZMsBVJ.jpg

Next, download Odin v3.14.1 from this XDA thread (NOT the patched version, but the regular one) and extract the contents of the downloaded ZIP package. Then launch Odin on your computer by double-clicking the "Odin3 v3.14.1.exe" executable and click "Ok" when prompted. You should see the Odin interface on your computer screen now.

lpAaacO.jpg

Odin should automatically recognize your tab in Download Mode and display the COM ID on the top-left.

Click the 'Options' tab and uncheck the 'Auto Reboot' option. This will prevent the tablet from being automatically restarted after the flash is complete.

Now, load the firmware files in the respective slots of Odin.
    • The BL firmware file (BL_T500/5XXXXXXX_xxxxxxxxxxx.tar.md5) goes to the "BL" slot
    • The CP firmware file (CP_T505XXXXXX_xxxxxxxxxxx.tar.md5) goes to the "CP" slot. Note that the CP firmware only applies to the Tab A7 LTE variant with the SM-T505 model number.
    • The HOME_CSC firmware file (HOME_CSC_OMC_ODM_T500/5XXXXXXX_xxxxxxxxx.tar.md5) goes to the "CSC" slot. We will not be using the regular CSC, as it will erase all the data. If you want to do that, feel free to use it.
    • And finally, the patched AP firmware file (magisk_patched.tar) goes to the "AP" slot.
    Once the files are loaded in their respective slots, hit the "Start" button to flash them to your tab.
    • Note: While you could get away with just flashing the patched AP firmware alone, John recommends NOT doing it. Always flash the patched AP along with the rest of the firmware files like BL, CSC, etc.

Wait for the flash to finish. Once it is, you should see the 'PASS!' message in Odin. Like so:

VNhOwVj.jpg

You can now close the Odin window and disconnect your tab from the computer.

Step 7: Perform a Factory Reset
    Once the flash is complete, you will need to manually boot your tablet into the stock recovery mode and do a factory reset. This is only mandatory during the initial rooting process, which is exactly what we are doing here.

To do this, hold the Volume Down and Power keys together for about 7 seconds. As soon as the screen turns off, release the Volume Down key and quickly hold the Volume Up key, while still holding the Power key. Keep holding the keys until you see the stock recovery screen.

You should now see the stock recovery screen with some device information in yellow color at the top. Like so:

BGLUiVu.jpg

Use the Volume keys to move the selector to 'Wipe data/factory reset' and hit the Power key to confirm the selection.

You will now see a confirmation prompt on the screen. Select 'Factory Data Reset' to confirm and finally perform a factory reset.

ybcSiEf.jpg

Once done, select the 'Reboot system now' option from the recovery's main menu. Your Tab A7 should now reboot may be more than once, so be patient.

We're not done yet. After booting, you will need to open the Magisk app from the app drawer and follow the on-screen instructions to replace the Magisk stub with the actual full application, and further complete the required setup when prompted by Magisk app.

Once this is done, your Tab A7 should reboot one last time and should be rooted thereafter.

Your Tab is Rooted!
    You may now go ahead and start using root applications, install some modules, etc. Since v20.4, Magisk Hide has been disabled by default on new installations in light of the new hardware-backed SafetyNet attestation. So, to use banking/security, or any other sort of apps that may detect root, you will need to turn ON Magisk Hide from within the Magisk App settings.

9f85hgh.jpg

Before you leave, there are a few key things you should note:
    • Unlike some other Samsung phones, you will not need to follow any complex button combinations to boot into the stock recovery. A normal reboot will always boot your Tab A7 into the rooted Magisk system. On the other hand, the regular Volume Up + Power key combo will get your tab into the stock recovery mode.
    • Second, if a new software update is rolled out, you will need to repeat the same process from step #4 all the way to step #7. When updating the FW, you can simply use the HOME_CSC instead of the regular CSC to prevent your data from being wiped. A backup should still be taken.

That's all from my side. If you run into any issues, feel free to post. Don't forget to share details like the software version your tab is on, the firmware package you downloaded and used, and of course your tab's complete model number.
    Sdcard fix

adb shell
    Su
    sm list-disks
    sm partition <DISK> private
    reboot
    Or sm partition <DISK> mixed (number)
    Example sm partition disk:179,64 private or
    sm partition disk:179,64 mixed 50
    Okay, so I found some spare time to verify that the method still works (using the latest FW and Magisk). I have attached an image for confirmation.

Here's a log of the things I have updated in the tutorial. It seems like a good idea to do this so that I can easily track the things I have changed and when. A copy of this log is also present in the tutorial for users who are new.

Log:
    1. Added more info about the warranty. It seems like some users are still not aware of how KNOX affects the warranty. If you're getting into software modifications such as rooting, I expect you to have some prior knowledge about such things.
    2. Redacted the part where you needed to change Magisk's update channel under Step #5. Not needed anymore as Magisk v21.x was released to the Stable channel in January 2021.
    3. Replaced all instances of "Magisk Manager" with "Magisk App". Starting with Magisk v22, Magisk Manager is gone and merged with the core Magisk. It's now called the "Magisk App".
    Now, for users who have faced issues with this method. The error you're seeing is caused by the Prenormal KG state being in effect. You will only get this error IF you do something that's not mentioned or skip something in the guide.

So, what do you do after that? It's quite simple actually. First off, restore the official FW via Odin. Then boot into the OS, connect to the internet, enable Developer Options, and verify that "OEM Unlocking" is present and greyed out in an ON state.

Then re-attempt the tutorial. Make sure that you do not deviate this time, I know you would believe that you didn't, but we all can make mistakes. So just cross-reference each step while attempting.

More importantly, after you have flashed the Magisk Patched TAR and performed the factory reset, make sure that you boot straight into the OS, connect the tab to the internet, and do the initial Magisk setup. DO NOT REBOOT the tab before doing this.

While I personally didn't face the issue, I believe this is where things might go sideways, because Magisk needs to run its code to complete the rooting process. If not, Samsung's ugly security features will kick in and show you the "Only official binaries are allowed to be flashed" error message.

If you still have doubts, drop in a comment. I am sure you'll get the help.

At last, I want to bring up something that I didn't wanted to. I received a PM from a reader of this thread expressing his frustration on why I was ignoring the thread and that this tutorial was "tricking" you guys into bricking your devices.

I have a personal life aside from XDA, and I do not get the time to visit the forums on a daily basis like I did until a few years ago. If it's important, I ask you to mention me in the comments so that I can receive a notification.

Next, the method is nothing new or special. It's the one provided by Magisk's creator John Wu himself (like I mentioned yesterday). It's being used by thousands of users in and outside the community.

If you have come across an unusual error message, please do not go on blaming others for your mistakes/errors without valid proof.

Going through the last few pages of this thread, you will find users who successfully rooted their Tab A7 using this guide.

I, or anyone in this community, does this voluntarily to help the users. We are not being paid for the effort or time we spend writing down guides or developing ROMs. This community works by supporting each other, by sharing our knowledge about the things/technology we so love.

If you face issues, I request you to be patient, read, and ask the fellow community members for help by providing some constructive information.

Thanks.
    Hey man, I wanna take the time to apologize for that PM, that was uncalled for from my end. Ive been working with jailbreaking and rooting phones and tablets for 10+ years (2005-2015 mainly). I usually know what the hell Im doing XD

I did read your guide thoroughly, but I misunderstood the part about soft reboot and hard reboot. Im new to Samsung with OS10 and the latest Knox functions. I think where it went wrong for me was after the Factory Reset inside the Recovery menu. While rebooting, it got stuck somewhere. I waited for a long while, but I concluded with a hard restart. (volume down + power)

The mistake, as you wrote, probably happened during this hard restart, where Knox got tripped and it got stuck with "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (vbmeta)" error.

The problem tho, is after this state (knox tripped, and warrantystatus 0x01) it seemed impossible to reflash with Odin. As no matter what I tried (Stock rom, magisk repeat) it still wouldnt let me flash the Patched AP again. Download mode stopped Odin with the same red line "Custom binary VBmeta". I might be mistaken, but it seems that after Knox is tripped, if Magisk doesnt get to do its thing, it winds up locked without possibility of reflashing patched AP.

Anyways, the end of the story for my Tab A7 was that I flashed stock rom, locked the bootloader and asked for a refund from the store. They didnt check Knox and I exchanged it for a Lenovo MT10+ instead. Better CPU and ram, and cheaper than the Samsung. So a happy ending anyways :p

A couple of things tho:

1) Odin 3.14.4 doesnt seem to exist, Ive roamed the forums and google for this version, and most sites have a bogus download where the CRC is all wrong. The correct latest version is 3.14.1. You might wanna change this in your guide, so people dont get lead down the wrong path.

2) I would highly recommend expressing the importance of not actually hard rebooting your device before Magisk does its finishing touches. Maybe big letters in red and "Warning warning"? Especially seeing as a couple of other members here did the same mistake.

Again, sorry for my noob-rage. I got kinda carried away. Thanks for all the effort youve put into this guide, @DJBhardwaj. Ill read your guide better next time ;)

Greetings from Norway 🇳🇴
    That's completely alright. I can understand.

Just for the sake of experimenting, I deliberately rebooted the tablet before completing the additional setup by Magisk to land my Tab A7 to the "Only official binaries are allowed to be flashed (vbmeta)" error.

I will try and explain exactly what happened.

1) This isn't caused by KNOX being tripped or the warranty status string changing its value to 0x1. That will never affect flashing in any way.

2) As I mentioned in my comment, this is caused because Magisk didn't get the chance to patch and disable the important Samsung security features in the kernel. This, in turn, triggers the dreaded "Prenormal KG state". You can verify this from the Download Mode.

When KG state is triggered, it will prevent you from flashing any non-official binary (like the Magisk patched TAR in this case).

3) So, here's what I did to fix this. I force-booted the Tablet back into Download Mode and plugged it into the PC. Then:
    1. Launched Odin and flashed the official stock FW.
    2. Rebooted into the OS and skipped the initial setup.
    3. Connected the tab to WiFi.
    4. Enabled Developer Options and verified that OEM unlocking was present and greyed out in the ON position.
    5. Rebooted back into Download Mode.
    6. Launched Odin again and unchecked "Auto Reboot" within the Options tab.
    7. Flashed the Patched AP TAR, along with BL and CSC (no CP because I have the WiFi variant)
    8. Manually turn it off, and boot it straight into stock recovery mode
    9. Performed a factory reset via the stock recovery and finally rebooted into the OS.
    10. After the tab booted, I went ahead and did the initial setup (connecting to WiFi, logging into Google and Samsung accounts, and so on).
    11. Went to the app drawer and launched Magisk. It prompted to install the full Magisk app. So did that.
    12. Then re-launched Magisk and did the additional setup as prompted. Upon finishing the tab finally rebooted by itself.
    And voila! It was rooted without any problems.

As you said, I think it would be a very good idea to mention not rebooting the tablet before the additional Magisk setup is finished. I will do that later today.

v3.14.4 does exist. But I later came to know that it includes a phishy tracking DLL, thanks @realbbb for pointing in his thread.

So, it's best to use 3.14.1. I will mention this in the post as well with the apt download link.

At last, thank you for your message. It means a total win for us as a community. :) Take care and enjoy your new Lenovo tab. Hope you find some exciting things to do with it as well. (y)
    Sdcard fix

adb shell
    Su
    sm list-disks
    sm partition <DISK> private
    reboot
    Or sm partition <DISK> mixed (number)
    Example sm partition disk:179,64 private or
    sm partition disk:179,64 mixed 50

This is amazing, thank you so much.

To clarify for others, this does not require root at all. It can be done on stock android.

Once done (and rebooted), you can open the app settings, select an app, then go to 'storage' then tab 'change' to move it to the SD card.

Also 'mixed' vs 'private': Mixed lets you set a percentage to use for internal storage, private just uses the entire SD card.