• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] [SM-T515] android 9 Install custom ROM'S and ROOT

Search This thread

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
I finally managed to get LineageOS installed. I just deleted all the files and redone loaded them, returned back to stock and did the whole process all over again.

And it worked. ? ? so maybe somewhere down the line put have been a corrupt download or something.

Custom rom has whole different feeling on the tablet now. Thanks again for tutorial, I’ve been waiting for something like this for a while.

You don’t know of any other roms there out there to try?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SIZE="6"]Use this guide if your tablet is running on android 9. Android 10 is not covered in this guide[/SIZE]

Instructions:
    Code:
    * READ EVERTHING BEFORE YOU START OR ASK QUESTIONS  
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard & a lot. :D

• I’m not an expert, I’ve just put some pieces together to achieve the following.
    • If you have problems, I’m not sure if I’m able to help you
    • You need to have some basic knowledge
    • Always have the correct software and backup all your data.
      o Also download before you start the stock files, so that you are able to quickly reverse everything via: sammobile
    • Remember to backup your data!!!!
    If you have trouble and the tablet is not working flash the firmware which you’ve downloaded via odin

Working ROMS (Which I’ve tested so far):
    IF you want to install a custom ROM, you need to choose the correct custom ROM
    Choose the ARM 32-bit with 64-bit binder AB (also known as A64B).
    • LineageOS 17.x GSI here
    • Legion ROM GSI here

From OEM stock firmware:
    Download TWRP https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...rp-3-3-1-2019-galaxy-tab-10-1-t3934805/page35
    • Unlock bootloader
    • Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
    • Install TWRP to AP with Odin
    • Hold Power & Vol Up buttons during restart to enter TWRP recovery
    • Install latest Multidisabler from TWRP
    • Wipe->Format Data
    • Reboot to system
    • Check if OEM unlock is enabled in the developer settings (it should be enabled and greyed out) IF so yeey you did It. If not start over.

Install custom ROM:
    Well installing a custom Rom is quite easy .
    • Download a GSI ROM you like and put it on a SD cart
    • Go into TWRP
    • Select “install”
    • Click on “install image”
    • Click the on the ROM
    • In the next screen where we need to select the partition, select the “System Image”
    • Swipe to confirm
    • If you want ROOT and or install GAPPS follow the extra steps bellow. If NOT, just reboot the system

Extra’s install MAGISK and or install GAPPS
    First of all download the files you want.
    Magisk: here
    GAPPS: here
    You want root? You need to prepare the TWRP image yourself, simply use Magisk Manager to Select and Patch a File. Which we can prepare and flash after you finished the setup of the tablet. You need more info check the following: link
    • Go back to the TWRP home screen
    • Select “Wipe”
    • Select advanced wipe
    • Check “system”
    • Click on “repair or change file system”
    • Click on “resize file system” (if you’ve receive an error, don’t worry just do It again).
      o You should see “resizing… done.”
    • Go back to the TWRP home screen
    • Select “install”
    • Select the zip file(‘s) you want and flash them
      o IF you receive an error if you want to install the GAPPS zip like “not enough space” go back and resize the system partition
      o IF you receive an errro if you want to install Magisk, go back and resize the system partition
    • Remove “dalvik and cache”
    • Reboot system
    • Setup your tablet

Now for the last step to root the tablet all the way
    • Go into Magisk manager
    • On the Magisk dashboard you’ve should see that you have the latest version of magisk. Press on the “install” button at the right side
      o Select “Select and Patch a File” select the TWRP IMG you still have on the SD card
      o Magisk should create a “magisk_patched.img”.
    • If you have the “magisk_patched.img” go into TWRP and flash this IMG over the recovery
      o Install
      o Select “install image”
      o Select the “magisk_patched.img”
      o Flash it over the “recovery”
      o Reboot system

Yeey you have a Samsung sm-t515 which is rooted and you have a custom ROM.
    Hi,

Thanks for the guide. Which ROM you recommend? Everything working for you (LTE modem etc)?

Can you now install 64bit apps from Google Play? Any chance you can check if the DJI Fly app is working on your SM-T515?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v5

Thanks

Well, It's still a 32bit rom. I've tried to install the app but I'm unable (prob because the app is 64bit)
    Everything works fine, I'm running the lineageOS ROM. I have a data bundle and I'm able to internet with it (if I want :D)