[GUIDE] Smart Switch Emergency Initialization

Search This thread

brenner650

Jan 12, 2016
Prague
Hello,
I see that some people have problems using Smart Switch emergency initialization, so I made this step by step instructions.
Hope that helps

1. Open Smart Switch and click on More in upper right corner

kvy21.jpg

2. Select Emergency software recovery and reinitialization from the drop down menu

28sprn4.jpg

3. Click on Device initialization tab

1dzu9z.jpg

4. Type device model in capital letters with SM- infront as shown on the picture below, and clik on search button

16iscjl.jpg

5. Type serial number from back of the phone and clik OK

34exbnq.jpg

6. Clik OK again

1owrv8.jpg

7. and again OK

11vi9kx.jpg

8. Follow the onscreen instructions (enter download mode (hold Volume down + Home + Power buton (then Volume Up to confirm when blue screen appears on the phone)), and conect the USB cable), and click OK

23wta55.jpg

9. Wait till process is complete.

Last edited:

kamilmirza

Dec 4, 2011
OnePlus 6
i have tried my device S/N and it says "SM-G920F does not support initializing"
and when i enter 123456789 it says "S/N you entered it incorrect"

Revuella

Dec 19, 2016
Manchester
after step 7 it says.. ,,Preparing for update and initialization of Galaxy s6+ edge'' then once it hits 100% pop up disappears and thats everything.. goes no further.. any advice? help?

Last edited:

brenner650

Jan 12, 2016
Prague
after step 7 it says.. ,,Preparing for update and initialization of Galaxy s6+ edge'' then once it hits 100% pop up disappears and thats everything.. goes no further.. any advice? help?

At that point Smart Switch is downloading fw, and storing it to temp folder.
Have u tried reinstaling Smart Switch? Disabling anivirus for 5 min? And make sure u have enough disk space on partition where temp folder is.

wizard0701

Sep 5, 2020
Hi where can i get this version of smart switch please. I have downloaded it from samsung and other sites but none have recovery and initialization tab. Can only use emergency code. Any help welcome and thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    I see that some people have problems using Smart Switch emergency initialization, so I made this step by step instructions.
    Hope that helps

1. Open Smart Switch and click on More in upper right corner

kvy21.jpg

2. Select Emergency software recovery and reinitialization from the drop down menu

28sprn4.jpg

3. Click on Device initialization tab

1dzu9z.jpg

4. Type device model in capital letters with SM- infront as shown on the picture below, and clik on search button

16iscjl.jpg

5. Type serial number from back of the phone and clik OK

34exbnq.jpg

6. Clik OK again

1owrv8.jpg

7. and again OK

11vi9kx.jpg

8. Follow the onscreen instructions (enter download mode (hold Volume down + Home + Power buton (then Volume Up to confirm when blue screen appears on the phone)), and conect the USB cable), and click OK

23wta55.jpg

9. Wait till process is complete.