[GUIDE] Solution for when your PC/Laptop doesn't recognize your Xiaomi device.

Search This thread

ForgottenDude

Jan 22, 2016
Mumbai
So, if like me, if you connected your phone to your PC and got... nothing, then follow this guide.

1. Keep your phone connected.

2. Go to C:\Windows and scroll down to "Inf" Folder and open it.

3. Then scroll down until you find a file named "wpdmtp.inf". Right click on it and choose "Install".

Wait a few seconds, and BOOM! Your device will get recognized.

ForgottenDude

Jan 22, 2016
Mumbai
Is this when phone doesn't get recognized in fast boot mode or this is for MTP mode only ?
I haven't tried this in fastboot mode because mine gets detected in fastboot mode.

My phone wasn't recognised when it was turned on. I followed these steps and it got recognised. Then I booted to TWRP and it wasn't being recognised there either. Followed these steps again, and it worked.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using XDA Labs

kanth2

Jul 11, 2016
Thanks

So, if like me, if you connected your phone to your PC and got... nothing, then follow this guide.

3. Then scroll down until you find a file named "wpdmtp.inf". Right click on it and choose "Install".

Thanks that really useful I have tried different solutions and nothing works except this :good:

albertosp1

Aug 14, 2017
Still not being recognised

My phone used to be recognised by the pc, mas after being rooted it does not happen anymore. Tried your method but still nothing happens. Do you have any idea of what I can do? Thanks

romieuk

Sep 6, 2015
Try a different USB cable, I used one that was weaker than the USB that came with the phone and it didn't work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.