• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Guide][Stable] How to clean Install CN ROM + TWRP + ROOT + GAPPS on our Nubia Red Magic 3

Search This thread

never00miss

Aug 2, 2012
Hello guys, welcome again to my thread

this thread will be my tutorial too for reminder how to reinstalling my Nubia Red Magic 3
i will tell you how to do step by step guide how to do clean Install :

Requirement :
- ADB installed, check with command
Bash:
adb devices

Download all needed first :
  1. First download ROM here V3.34 : http://romdownload.nubia.com/红魔3/V3.34/NX629J-update.zip
    // android 11 is not stable yet, there is a lot of function like gyro and other sensor that not working
  2. After that download TWRP here, https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...twrp-for-nubia-red-magic-3-3s-stable.3962482/
  3. then download Magisk APK : https://magiskmanager.com/
    1. create a zip file from Magisk.apk -> Magisk.zip, we need both of them
  4. then download NIK GAPPS NikGapps-core-arm64-10-20210424-signed.zip and nikgapps config, https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/
    1. download nik gapps, Releases > 23 April 2021 > NikGapps-full-arm64-10-20210423-signed.zip > https://sourceforge.net/projects/ni...ps-full-arm64-10-20210423-signed.zip/download
    2. download nik gapps config, Relaases > Config > nikgapps.config > https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/Releases/Config/nikgapps-config/

After download, do this carefully step by step :
Bash:
# go to download folder
cd ~/Downloads

# now on android, Settings > About Phone > click Build Number 5 times
# go to developer options with usb debugging enable
# Settings > Advanced Settings > Developers Option > Enable toggle USB Debugging > Enable toggle OEM Unlocking
# push ROM file to adb
adb push NX629J-update.zip /storage/emulated/0/

# after push go to your android,

# go to Settings > System Update > pick "..." 3 dot on top right corner > Local Update
# then install Choose from local and pick NX629J-update.zip
# Install

# now on android, after all ROM installed successful do unlock developer options
# Settings > About Phone > click Build Number 5 times
# go to developer options with usb debugging enable
# Settings > Advanced Settings > Developers Option > Enable toggle USB Debugging > Enable toggle OEM Unlocking

# then reboot to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader

# then do unlock and flash twrp
fastboot devices
fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX629J
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-3-NX629J-mauronofrio.img

# and now twrp was installed, reboot with command below
# now we need to clean ROM installing
adb reboot recovery

# now on android, you can see twrp menu
# go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > check all of thing in there
# check Dalvik/Art Cache
# check Cache
# check System
# check Vendor
# check Data
# check Internal Storage
# and "Swipe to Wipe" dont do reboot here!!! please dont do

# now push ROM zip again in twrp,
adb push NX629J-update.zip /

# if it cannot mount or said read only file system
# this step if error only !!
adb shell
# you will goin to android sh, run command mount
mount -o rw,remount /
exit

# you will goin to your shell again, do push zip again
adb push NX629J-update.zip /
# after your push now you need to enable read access again on /
adb shell
mount -o ro,remount /
exit

# now on twrp, go to Install > go to / directory, just pick "up a level" until its gone,
# and on / folder you will see NX629J-update.zip,
# and do install on NX629J-update.zip > "swipe to install"
# it will fill data on that we are wiping off

# then push Magisk.zip
adb push Magisk.zip /
# now on twrp, go to Install > go to / directory > install Magisk.zip

# then push
adb push NikGapps-core-arm64-10-20210424-signed.zip /
adb push nikgapps.config /

# now on twrp, go to Install > go to / directory > pick NikGapps-core-arm64-10-20210424-signed.zip
# > "swipe to install" > "wipe dalvik cache/cache"

# reboot to system now
adb reboot
# after you see launcher screen, do install Magisk.apk
adb install Magisk.apk
# popup will be shown on screen, and click "OK"

Now you get clean Install CN ROM with all working feature
- Disable cover detection on Screen
Settings > Lockscreen, Launcher and Theme > Toggle disable "pocket mode"

- Disable Recommeded Application
Settings > Lockscreen, Launcher and Theme > Launcher Setting > Toggle disable ["Fancy Icon", "show the first screen negative", "Recommended Applications"]

Done.
If anything mistakes happen let me know ya.

Not Working :
- Google services Push Notif on Lock Screen, bug hunter @Faonee

Credit :
@Secretcow

Attachments

• Screenshot_AnTuTu Benchmark_2021-04-26-22-12-11-178.png
    Screenshot_AnTuTu Benchmark_2021-04-26-22-12-11-178.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_2021-04-26-22-13-05-529.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-26-22-13-05-529.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_2021-04-26-22-12-58-983.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-26-22-12-58-983.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:

NubiaNinja

Apr 4, 2021
ZTE nubia Red Magic 3
I am not sure v5.14 is already stable yet, cause if we see v3 and v2, there is a lot of changes until it stable.

And there must plenty degraded performance instead of android 10. Cause I got AnTuTu only 450k on Android R on Rom v5.1x
Yes @never00miss you were are saying right😲😯 I think I'm only one who think observed feel the best update was of CN V3.34 Android 10 OF R3,but mine was something 3.04/3.09/3.11 OF R3S I can't remember 🤔??but sure it was android 10 🔥bruh ur saying right...review I'm playing pubg mobile for almost 12 hrs continuosly on this update V3.34 played till almost next update comes.With 90fps game mode on fan speed normal I remember I don't feel any issue lagging, shuttering or any kind of fps down and sometimes I recording too my gameplays making short clips of engaging on fights..well no problem BUT only problem I face was Render in game heavy for a bit of moment then I decided I have to upgraded to Android 11 I think so game needed but this is the time I upgraded by OTA means phone update push the new one V5.11 which was failed version of Android 11 full of bugs I used for some days then I can't play pubg mobile not running game launcher malfunctioning screen flickers and many bugs😑 nevermind I make my mind to return back to android 10 well I think 🤔 I have to put the 3.34 zip to internal storage like simple way of reboot to recovery by inbuilt recovery wipe/data/cache boom 💥 I started installing zip😂 lol who knows the Android 11 new policy added anti-rollback...system 🤯 Lol DEVICE BRICKEDDDDDD!This is Nubia fail! At that moment I knew I f_____up😂🌚!

Wait for 1-2 week dead phone....since whole Chinese community of Nubia Redmagic3/3S Flooded 🤯 😡💢 and 🥲 crying in Chinese forum then the GOD ENTERS THE CHAT "SCARLETT GLASS" POSTED SOMETHING A RECOVERY TOOL Then the issue solved TWRP flashed since then I rooted checking gsi roms and new updates V5.11 Rebrushed and rightnow I'm on V5.13😂 but truely I'm saying my honestly review I don't like ANDROID 11 I can't play for long periods maximum 3-4hours pubg heating so much lagging and shuttering occurs! Device heat so much exceed sometimes 50 degrees lol I don't want to lost my precious 🧤 hands I don't have girlfriend yet! 😂 Lol..... I'm afraid to play for long time!

GO FOR V3.34 PEOPLES WHO LOOK.....THIS POST WELL people this is the #Antutu Score of my Android 11 CN V5.13 NUBIA REDMAGIC 3S Well this score is due to SD 855+ I think so 🤔so...never mind YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE SCORE OF R3 AND R3S CPU AN D GPU R3 WINS....😲♥️

R3S Has more scored but R3 have some stability...so V3.34 wins! Even Chinese forum people confirm V3.34 was best!

note: I can't remember which version I was running on android 10 I forgot 😐 3.04/3.09/3.11??
sorry..on my RM3S but android 10♥️😊

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-27-14-31-01-843.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-27-14-31-01-843.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 41
  • attachments.png
    attachments.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

never00miss

Aug 2, 2012
Yes @never00miss you were are saying right😲😯 I think I'm only one who think observed feel the best update was of CN V3.34 Android 10 OF R3,but mine was something 3.04/3.09/3.11 OF R3S I can't remember 🤔??but sure it was android 10 🔥bruh ur saying right...review I'm playing pubg mobile for almost 12 hrs continuosly on this update V3.34 played till almost next update comes.With 90fps game mode on fan speed normal I remember I don't feel any issue lagging, shuttering or any kind of fps down and sometimes I recording too my gameplays making short clips of engaging on fights..well no problem BUT only problem I face was Render in game heavy for a bit of moment then I decided I have to upgraded to Android 11 I think so game needed but this is the time I upgraded by OTA means phone update push the new one V5.11 which was failed version of Android 11 full of bugs I used for some days then I can't play pubg mobile not running game launcher malfunctioning screen flickers and many bugs😑 nevermind I make my mind to return back to android 10 well I think 🤔 I have to put the 3.34 zip to internal storage like simple way of reboot to recovery by inbuilt recovery wipe/data/cache boom 💥 I started installing zip😂 lol who knows the Android 11 new policy added anti-rollback...system 🤯 Lol DEVICE BRICKEDDDDDD!This is Nubia fail! At that moment I knew I f_____up😂🌚!

Wait for 1-2 week dead phone....since whole Chinese community of Nubia Redmagic3/3S Flooded 🤯 😡💢 and 🥲 crying in Chinese forum then the GOD ENTERS THE CHAT "SCARLETT GLASS" POSTED SOMETHING A RECOVERY TOOL Then the issue solved TWRP flashed since then I rooted checking gsi roms and new updates V5.11 Rebrushed and rightnow I'm on V5.13😂 but truely I'm saying my honestly review I don't like ANDROID 11 I can't play for long periods maximum 3-4hours pubg heating so much lagging and shuttering occurs! Device heat so much exceed sometimes 50 degrees lol I don't want to lost my precious 🧤 hands I don't have girlfriend yet! 😂 Lol..... I'm afraid to play for long time!

GO FOR V3.34 PEOPLES WHO LOOK.....THIS POST WELL people this is the #Antutu Score of my Android 11 CN V5.13 NUBIA REDMAGIC 3S Well this score is due to SD 855+ I think so 🤔so...never mind YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE SCORE OF R3 AND R3S CPU AN D GPU R3 WINS....😲♥️

R3S Has more scored but R3 have some stability...so V3.34 wins! Even Chinese forum people confirm V3.34 was best!

note: I can't remember which version I was running on android 10 I forgot 😐 3.04/3.09/3.11??
sorry..on my RM3S but android 10♥️😊
No, you got it wrong on AnTuTu version, you are run on v9 AnTuTu that on my device it will get score on 588k, on you are on 536k

You can see the results on my thread, in this thread I am using v5.13

This works on both version of RM3 right?
Yup, correct, both RM3 and RM3s works very well

Last edited:

NubiaNinja

Apr 4, 2021
ZTE nubia Red Magic 3
No, you got it wrong on AnTuTu version, you are run on v9 AnTuTu that on my device it will get score on 588k, on you are on 536k

Yes, I looked at the thread carefully but you haven't mentioned that we RM3S users can also apply this method...for overclock well I have to try it first...lol I think that thread is only for RM3 users...😊🙏 Sorry. Yeah V9 Antutu was score is damnn soo good....🤯😯🔥🔥🔥 Lesss goooo.....

never00miss

Aug 2, 2012
Yes, I looked at the thread carefully but you haven't mentioned that we RM3S users can also apply this method...for overclock well I have to try it first...lol I think that thread is only for RM3 users...😊🙏 Sorry. Yeah V9 Antutu was score is damnn soo good....🤯😯🔥🔥🔥 Lesss goooo.....
Cause konabess process is unpacking binary on boot.img and re-compiling again, and boot.img it's same on all CN ROM that working on both devices RM3 and RM3s

• Love
Reactions: NubiaNinja

Faonee

Dec 27, 2019
I've installed everything succesfully. Only one thing thats bugging me that app notification doesn't show up on the lockscreen. I've tried disabling and enabling lockscreen notification but still not showing.

never00miss

Aug 2, 2012
I've installed everything succesfully. Only one thing thats bugging me that app notification doesn't show up on the lockscreen. I've tried disabling and enabling lockscreen notification but still not showing
ZTE have their own SDK for showing push notification info on their lock screen, and not all of apps support this lock screen info and integrate ZTE notification SDK.

So this problem depends on developer of apps, or ZTE must develop to allow all notification showing in locks screen and allow Google play services to show notification on lock Screen, * this is impossible yet cause of china vs us regulations for integrating gapps.

You can go on notification, Settings > Notification and status Bar > Notification Management > System, a lot of apps provided by CN ROM is supported by showing notif on lock screen. But in third party apps is not showing advanced feature to show notif on lock screen

*For reminder who's people is installing CN ROM, google services SDK feature like push notification (fcm) Or anything relate will not supported by apps in CN ROM it self. if you wanna working push notification and supported by system apps, you need to install from ZTE appcenter 😀

Last edited:

Faonee

Dec 27, 2019
ZTE have their own SDK for showing push notification info on their lock screen, and not all of apps support this lock screen info and integrate ZTE notification SDK.

So this problem depends on developer of apps, or ZTE must develop to allow all notification showing in locks screen and allow Google play services to show notification on lock Screen, * this is impossible yet cause of china vs us regulations for integrating gapps.

You can go on notification, Settings > Notification and status Bar > Notification Management > System, a lot of apps provided by CN ROM is supported by showing notif on lock screen. But in third party apps is not showing advanced feature to show notif on lock screen

*For reminder who's people is installing CN ROM, google services SDK feature like push notification (fcm) Or anything relate will not supported by apps in CN ROM it self. if you wanna working push notification and supported by system apps, you need to install from ZTE appcenter 😀
Thanks for the reply. Well that sucks. Need to get used to it somehow Haha.

never00miss

Aug 2, 2012
Can you please write a guide to install android 11? I know it got bugs but I want to try it once atleast
Same as this tutorial "maybe", cause a lot of update on ZTE CN ROM flashable via TWRP.

You just need to change from v3.3x zip to v5.1x zip and flash on TWRP.

And what's said by @mauronofrio that TWRP only works again Chinese bootloader, so its "maybe" possible to flash CN ROM via twrp

Last edited:

tretor7

May 20, 2019
heya, nice guide.

just wanted to notify you that if you want to install the 3.34 cn rom / global rom from inside twrp, you might get a zip error.
to fix this, simply delete compatibility.zip from inside the NX629J-update.zip

under linux you can do this simply with "zip -d NX629J-update.zip compatibility.zip".
unpacking/repacking the zip is not advised

edit: seems this is only a thing if you try to flash from android 11 (v5.14) to android 10 (v3.34)

oh and the "adb reboot recovery" command (after flashing twrp) wont work since you are in fastboot mode during that step, "fastboot reboot recovery" might work

Last edited:
Reactions: never00miss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well sure I'm goona do this...well I'm waiting for the new update 红魔3/红魔3S Android R V5.14 coming soon.....♥️🔥🙂
    I am not sure v5.14 is already stable yet, cause if we see v3 and v2, there is a lot of changes until it stable.

And there must plenty degraded performance instead of android 10. Cause I got AnTuTu only 450k on Android R on Rom v5.1x
    Cause konabess process is unpacking binary on boot.img and re-compiling again, and boot.img it's same on all CN ROM that working on both devices RM3 and RM3s
    heya, nice guide.

just wanted to notify you that if you want to install the 3.34 cn rom / global rom from inside twrp, you might get a zip error.
    to fix this, simply delete compatibility.zip from inside the NX629J-update.zip

under linux you can do this simply with "zip -d NX629J-update.zip compatibility.zip".
    unpacking/repacking the zip is not advised

edit: seems this is only a thing if you try to flash from android 11 (v5.14) to android 10 (v3.34)

oh and the "adb reboot recovery" command (after flashing twrp) wont work since you are in fastboot mode during that step, "fastboot reboot recovery" might work