[Guide] Start Icons Skins QVGA-WQVGA-VGA and How-to

Search This thread

magicalan

Jan 18, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Both the Start Icon & The Wait Cursor are in shellres.96.dll if you attach the 2 x shellres.96.dll's

Call one Start Icon to be used & Other Wait Cursor to be ported i will happily port the Wait Cursor for you :)

Send me PM when attached.

i made it work :D
it has the 6.5 loading icon and windows vista blue too :]

Attachments

• shellres.96.dll.zip
    172.4 KB · Views: 191

tnyynt

Retired Senior Moderator
Jun 18, 2007
This is what you want. It's a safe cab, based on Shakas registry tweak. Just install in internal memory and reboot. Or you just need the icon only?

Thanks for the cab but it doesn't change anything after install and soft reset.

Anyone else have a nice smooth WM6.5 white start menu icon?

hlm818

Mar 25, 2009
Wisconsin
Start Text

So I've changed quite a few icons in the taskbar, including a custom start icon....However the instructions for changing the text "Start" do not work for me. I do not have the string table 321 in shellres.192.dll.0409.mui. The only string table listed is 1143. Not sure where this value is located on my phone. I've read this entire thread as well as a few others and this problem has not seem to have come up before:( Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance
GSM, ATT Fuze, NATF v4.5 ROM

c_shekhar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2005
@madremiha
Great tutoriaal and the work.....My falicitations to you...
Can I know from you that which program do you use if a resource dll is to be created afresh? say for example I wish to create my own phcanoverbmp.dll afresh....
thanks a lot.........

fixxxer2008

Jun 22, 2008
West Michigan
Here is the offspring icon sorry but not a lot of time to do it so...:)
image.php

zen green je ne comprend pas bien ce que tu cherche:eek:

can someone make this icon into a file i can replace my start menu icon with under a qvga touch vogue running winmo 6.5?

c_shekhar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2005
@madremiha
Great tutoriaal and the work.....My falicitations to you...
Can I know from you that which program do you use if a resource dll is to be created afresh? say for example I wish to create my own phcanoverbmp.dll afresh....
thanks a lot.........

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samuikon

Jan 19, 2008
May I have the Water Element icon for VGA? I looked for that image on Google with no luck. If you want, you can just send me the PNG so I can do it myself.

Disregard that, I'm a moron. Found it in this post here.

Edit 2:

The person who made the VGA version didn't make it transparent. If you could get me the original PNG, that would be awesome. In the meantime, I'll either try to add transparency into the one already made, and/or just use the Kubuntu icon.

Edit 3:

Changed the icon to the Kubuntu logo.

htc_desktop.png

Here's the file, signed: Kubuntu start icon ( VGA, 0409 )

I'm going to work on adding transparency to the VGA water element icon either tonight or tomorrow.

Edit 4:

Made the Water Element icon transparent.

htc_home2.png

( VGA, 0409 ) Water Element

Last edited:

jullian_d

Apr 25, 2006
i would love to know the procedure to change the start icon on wm6.5 standard...thanks in advance xda rocks

Oct 11, 2009
Help plz

First off thank you everyone for the work involved :)

I am following your directions exactly but when I go to add the file to /windows I am getting this:

attachment.php
attachment.php

What I am doing wrong?

HTC Touch Pro 2 / Sprint

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 671
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 665

dioxda2

Jan 23, 2006
Hong Kong
First off thank you everyone for the work involved :)

I am following your directions exactly but when I go to add the file to /windows I am getting this:

attachment.php
attachment.php

What I am doing wrong?

HTC Touch Pro 2 / Sprint

Thanks in advance!

Hi :)

1. Try copy & paste with " Total Commander" with "hide files in ROM" option selected,

2. Don't use default file explorer,

3. if you are trying to overwrite the previously pasted xxx.dll file, you should rename it to xxx.dl before pasting ;)

blkout01

Hi :)

1. Try copy & paste with " Total Commander" with "hide files in ROM" option selected,

2. Don't use default file explorer,

3. if you are trying to overwrite the previously pasted xxx.dll file, you should rename it to xxx.dl before pasting ;)

I am also having this trouble with trying to pull this file to edit the "Start" text. I use TC and tried the suggestion of "hide files in Rom" still same error. Also I try to copy the file to a location that has nothing in it yet it still says it already exsist.

Sprint TP2 running stock 6.1 with only some cosmetic changes.