• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GUIDE step by step] How To Re-lock Boot loader on Xperia Arc

Search This thread

electrash

Aug 31, 2011
Mali Lošinj - Rijeka
First of all thanks Blagus for creating magical little file.

If you want your warranty back, follow this tutorial!

Requirements:

1. PC Companion and Update Service installed on your PC
2. FlashTool_0.2.9.1.exe – http://www.multiupload.com/7H4JT35B6G
3. Xperia Relock bootloader.ftf – http://www.mediafire.com/?g1b5j712ajx4yjd

Step by Step Guide:

1. Download the files given above in requirements.

2. Double click on ‘FlashTool_0.2.9.1.exe’ file to extract it, Or you can use free software like ‘7 zip’ to extract it.

3. Few files and folders will be extracted — the one which we’ll be using for flashing “Xperia Relock bootloader.ftf” files is the “firmwares” folder.

4. So copy the “Xperia Relock bootloader.ftf” file that you downloaded above, and paste it inside the “firmwares” folder.

5. Now double click on the “X10FlashTool.exe” file to run the program.

6. Once the program opens — click on the “Flash” button.

7. You’ll see a screen like the image given below — click “Ok”!

Relock-Xperia-Bootloader_thumb.png

8. Now it should ask you to connect your phone to the PC. So first plug the USB cable to PC, then pick up your phone and hold the “Back” key (key at the bottom left on your Arc), and then connect the USB cable to your phone. Remember you’ve to hold the “Back” key while connecting the USB cable to phone.

9. Once the phone gets connected — Flashtool will automatically start the flashing process.

10. Keep an eye on the Flashtool’s screen.

11. And once the process gets finished, disconnect your phone from PC and switch it ON.

Enjoy!

ALL CREDITS GOES TO BLAGUS
original thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1134335

luutuan

Oct 22, 2011
Sony Arc s?

I know this question has been asked a lot, but will this work for sony arc s? and if it works, will sony arc s get the 1% battery problem ? Thank you

Last edited:

DESMOYO

Mar 14, 2009
I also am interested in this method to close the bootloader is compatible with Xperia ARC S I very interested, there is some kind of problem, if supported, it works again FW update via OTA, SEUS, Pc compation

thanks

teddymild

Nov 2, 2010
I also am interested in this method to close the bootloader is compatible with Xperia ARC S I very interested, there is some kind of problem, if supported, it works again FW update via OTA, SEUS, Pc compation

thanks

No joy Flashing tft files from op on my arc s. I chose arc as no option for arc s. Then use this tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1259617 successfully. However i cant turned on my phone( i think because i was on unlock bl kernel) then i use seus to repair. Finally i get relock my bl. Sorry my poor english.

DESMOYO

Mar 14, 2009

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Arc S (L18i) Users,

Unlocked Bootloader, and DooMKernel caused Problems for me. My Phone never got identified by PC companion thereafter. I wanted it so bad, So I decided to Reloack the Bootloader again.

Let me Save you lots of time,

Before Locking the Bootloader again,
If you're on DooMKernel, Reflash a Stock Kernel.
You can get the Stock Kernel, by Downloading the Stock FTF package and then Extracting it with 7zip. Find the Kernel.sin file and flash it using the Fastboot commands.

Once its done, If your device Still doesn't connect in USB mode, use SEUS and Update the firmware. No need to upgrade, Just re-install what you have.
SEUS needs the bootloader to be locked.

Reactions: ivelinpetrov

Daxomega007

Jul 1, 2011
Brampton
hi, so are you saying Re-locking your bootloader wont wipe out your phone ?
And Sony Already Took All Your Info When You Unlocked Your Phone So I Am Sure They Will Know That You Just Re-locked It Some How And Refuse To Fix It Either Way If Something Goes Wrong.

ivelinpetrov

Mar 1, 2012
so i want to ask a question about my kernel. Im using 4.0.3 ICS beta and im very happy with it. But when the time comes i wanna get my update for ICS officially and that's why i want to lock my bootloader again. My Kernel Version on "About Phone" is 2.6.32.9-perf [email protected]#1 . My question is: I know its not a stock kernel when it says SemcUser and stuff but can u explain or atleast give me a link for some instructions how to get my stock kernel back and is it doable with reflashing to a 2.3.4 GB ? Thanks in advance!

para003

May 6, 2012
Worked like a charm on my Xperia Arc 4.0.2.A.0.62 LT15a.
Also I was able to repair my phone via sony pc companion

Although I was unable to find a way to get DRM files back, I have installed the never version of Sony Track ID from Google Play Store and restore that functionality..

Thanx electrash and Blagus, you guys are awesome!! :) :)

RealMcoy

Feb 9, 2012
what i want to know is if this would work on the Xperia play

and what method of unlocking bootloader does this relock: test point or sony's method?

Jul 2, 2012
i used Xperia_Relock_bootloader.ftf to unroot my phone,
now when i try to turn it on it only vibrate one time and gives a small green led bling.
connecting to pc works but it only shows a connected phone with the pc companion.

i had Arconium 8.2 with doomkernel installed.

neonlove

Aug 24, 2012
baghdad
thanks mannnnnnn

thanks man u r the best if i cud press the thanks button 1000 time i will:good:
q\ i did install ics jb remix after that i did stock on sony logo then locked the boot loader with your trk and it works again thanks
do i need a custom kernal for custom roms????????????

Cryodelta

Oct 5, 2012
After flashing Xperia Relock bootloader.ftf i can't no longer unlock the bootloader on my Xperia Pro,
i am being returned this when i try to unlock the bootloader.

(bootloader) Unlock phone requested
FAILED (remote: oem unlock failed!)
finished. total time: 0.004s

Last edited:

plastic_prophet

May 30, 2012
Sydney

Requirements:

Step by Step Guide:

2. Double click on ‘FlashTool_0.2.9.1.exe’ file to extract it, Or you can use free software like ‘7 zip’ to extract it.

3. Few files and folders will be extracted — the one which we’ll be using for flashing “Xperia Relock bootloader.ftf” files is the “firmwares” folder.

4. So copy the “Xperia Relock bootloader.ftf” file that you downloaded above, and paste it inside the “firmwares” folder.

8. Now it should ask you to connect your phone to the PC. So first plug the USB cable to PC, then pick up your phone and hold the “Back” key (key at the bottom left on your Arc), and then connect the USB cable to your phone. Remember you’ve to hold the “Back” key while connecting the USB cable to phone.

9. Once the phone gets connected — Flashtool will automatically start the flashing process.

11. And once the process gets finished, disconnect your phone from PC and switch it ON.

Enjoy!

original thread

flashtool link is unavailable
do we have to use this version of flashtool or can we use the latest??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements:

Step by Step Guide:

Enjoy!

original thread
    Arc S (L18i) Users,

Unlocked Bootloader, and DooMKernel caused Problems for me. My Phone never got identified by PC companion thereafter. I wanted it so bad, So I decided to Reloack the Bootloader again.

Let me Save you lots of time,

Before Locking the Bootloader again,
    If you're on DooMKernel, Reflash a Stock Kernel.
    You can get the Stock Kernel, by Downloading the Stock FTF package and then Extracting it with 7zip. Find the Kernel.sin file and flash it using the Fastboot commands.

Once its done, If your device Still doesn't connect in USB mode, use SEUS and Update the firmware. No need to upgrade, Just re-install what you have.
    SEUS needs the bootloader to be locked.
    Latest

Sent from my LT26i