[GUIDE] [step-by-step] ROOT the Yoga 8/10 running KitKat [4.4.2]

Search This thread

avar1ce

Mar 25, 2011
I hope the images for 1050 will follow soon.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050L using XDA Free mobile app

There's a chinese firmware image for voice on the 1050l here: ht.tp://bbs.lenovomobile.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=201691

You'll need to post in the thread to download it.

Haven't tried it myself
If anyone has, let me know.

ripper7

Dec 26, 2014
Lenovo upgrade to Android 4.4

Hi everyone,

can you help me?

I have a Lenovo Yoga 8 B6000-H buy in Czech republic and use only english.
SW version: 131008
Build number: B6000_A422_000_034_13110_WW_3GDATA
Android: Jelly Beam 4.2.2

I want Android 4.4

I do system upgrade ... about tablet - system upgrade.
B6000_A422_000_034_13110_WW_3GDATA_TO_B6000_A422_000_062_131225_WW3GDATA
... download 148 MB...install and to end error.
and restart and show me failed install ota package.

I have a tablet root. It`s was Kingo Android Root ...
After the update did not go upgrade, so I did unroot.
again upgrade... and error.
Again with the root iRoot (Vroot) because he allegedly is better for KitKat Android 4.4

I do not know what to do now. Some people say use pc cable there to try to get the new firmware. I do not know but what kind FW I have use? It's good for my version?

I found this...
Lenovo B6000 (A442_001_020_140620_WW_3GDATA (KK Final)
http //1url.cz/XZ51

root is problem for upgrade?

Please step by step, install and link for correct fw android.

Thank you

flensrowi

Oct 9, 2009
Flensburg
when the error message appears during update press the power button and you'll see the detailed error message at which file the process failed.

With the detailed error message we might be able to help.

ripper7

Dec 26, 2014
when the error message appears during update press the power button and you'll see the detailed error message at which file the process failed.

With the detailed error message we might be able to help.

Ok. Error message...
Installing update...
Verifyng current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check (/system/framework/core.odex. 41ae80c92eceb91bf103cf5395fb63ad9316cd1d. 4d257dcbd5d751433db514d530b9a61cd36f89ae)
Update.zip is not correct
Installation aborted.

Reboot now…
Tablet show installation failed
failed install ota package

nathlynn22

Apr 8, 2013
Rooted my yoga 8 last night using root genius. All fine ATM. Is anyone running xposed and running gravity box KK with the Lenovo android os?

[.::MDT::.]

May 20, 2012
Huawei P40
I have a Lenovo B8000-F running Android 4.2.2 with root enabled.

Can you upgrade to a newer Android version and keep the root mode enabled?
What Android version are you using?

Thanks

nathlynn22

Apr 8, 2013
I have a Lenovo B8000-F running Android 4.2.2 with root enabled.

Can you upgrade to a newer Android version and keep the root mode enabled?
What Android version are you using?

Thanks
I'm running 4.4.2 the highest updates I could obtain then installed root genius onto my tab and rooted. Then installed SuperSU from play store and set up root through that and deleted the Chinese root su app and the root genius app. If you update you will most likely lose root as I'm not sure if otarootsurvival works on this be good to know. But if you go to 4.4.2 use same options as me.
Which firmware and Android version do you have?
On the newest firmware i could obtain. And 4.4.2. But gravity box states to not support Lenovo as its a manufactured modified ROM its not really close to vanilla. I've been running gravitybox since I first quoted and no problems.

alex_l83

Nov 2, 2010
Milan
Hello, I have a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 830L, I installed the 830LC firmware to enable voice calling, I'm running firmware YT2-830LC_USR_S000094_141219_WW21_ROW, no updates available from OTA/Smart Assistant; I tried rooting it with vRoot/iRoot as well as RomasterSU (apk from iroot devs), all to no avail: everytime i try I get 'root failed'

Any help appreciated.

thanks

Alex

rickbol

Nov 13, 2007
USB is hung\dead, how to root yoga 10 kitkat?

After allowing OTA update (either 442_..._025 or the update before that), the tablet lost USB sensing( or something), and whenever I plug into my PC or OTG cable, nothing is detected. I can't even charge the tablet without shutting it down. I've gotten nowhere on a Lenovo support forum, and my attempts to acquire the necessary files from the russian Lenovo forum fails because the forum won't let me sign up for some reason.

So, I'm stuck. But I want to at least view dmesg and other logs and poke around on the device to try determine whether or not the USB data lines are dead or not, and if so, at least try and enable the device so that it can charge while running (instead of having to power down). To do this, I need root, and I need to get it via a apk download and install (since USB doesn't work).

I tried the latest framaroot, but none of it's exploits work on _028_ firmware.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks,

rickbol

HitFan

Aug 5, 2013
Bytom
Another easyway to root
Install this apk from here
http://www.shuame.com/m/root.html#
This will install also Kinguser
After reboot you will gain root !!!
Then you can install Supeuser and you will gain root through Kinguser / and install updated su binaries.
Reboot and unistall Kinguser

I'm trying to install superuser, but it cannot check binaries. Kinguser installed without problems :) Help

swat4samp

Feb 5, 2012
Guys can someone help me please? I rooted using shuame.com site, installed rootgenius app, rooted succesfully and installed kinguser app along with another supersu app. Downloaded and installed supersu app from playstore but it always says su binary failed to install and reboot again. I tried to update binary after rebooting several times but still doesnt work. And the reboot button won't reboot the tablet (kinguser doesn't ask for superuser permission while updating su binaries). I'm using lenovo b6000-hv and on kitkat 4.4.2

Edit: @HitFan I think we have same problem. May i know your current version? I'm on a442_001_028_150108_ww_Call

Edit2: So kinguser works fine, removed rootgenius and supersu from built in uninstall tool in kinguser. I found another problem. It won't mount system to r/w. Installed es explorer to see if i can make any changes in build.prop but can't find root tab in its settings. And i can't even find change permissions tab. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

May 20, 2012
Huawei P40
I'm running 4.4.2 the highest updates I could obtain then installed root genius onto my tab and rooted. Then installed SuperSU from play store and set up root through that and deleted the Chinese root su app and the root genius app. If you update you will most likely lose root as I'm not sure if otarootsurvival works on this be good to know. But if you go to 4.4.2 use same options as me.

On the newest firmware i could obtain. And 4.4.2. But gravity box states to not support Lenovo as its a manufactured modified ROM its not really close to vanilla. I've been running gravitybox since I first quoted and no problems.

Tried to update my B8000-F to Android 4.4 but after downloading the update, this fails.
How did you install the update?

Thanks

UPDATE: fixed it, there was an error when trying to upgrade due the build.prop file changed.
Fixing the build.prop file (to the original version) I was able to upgrade the system to Android 4.4.2

Last edited:

May 20, 2012
Huawei P40

Thanks, same here.
  1. Upgraded my Lenovo Yoga 10 B8000-F tablet to 4.4.2 with the latest updates.
  2. Installed RootGenius-1.3.48_general_mobile.apk on the tablet from http://www.shuame.com/root/android/latest/?versionName=general_mobile
  3. Run RootGenius-1.3.48_general_mobile.apk on the tablet and managed (trying to guess Chinese! :D) to get root
  4. Reboot
  5. After reboot, Kinguser app shows up in the app drawer and the device is successfully rooted
  6. I tried to install SuperSu from PlayStore but when running it, it asked me to update but failed, so I ended up removing the Chinese RootGenius app and keeping the Kinguser app installed on the tablet.

swat4samp

Feb 5, 2012
Thanks, same here.
  1. Upgraded my Lenovo Yoga 10 B8000-F tablet to 4.4.2 with the latest updates.
  2. Installed RootGenius-1.3.48_general_mobile.apk on the tablet from http://www.shuame.com/root/android/latest/?versionName=general_mobile
  3. Run RootGenius-1.3.48_general_mobile.apk on the tablet and managed (trying to guess Chinese! :D) to get root
  4. Reboot
  5. After reboot, Kinguser app shows up in the app drawer and the device is successfully rooted
  6. I tried to install SuperSu from PlayStore but when running it, it asked me to update but failed, so I ended up removing the Chinese RootGenius app and keeping the Kinguser app installed on the tablet.
I have yoga 8 and did the same. Supersu wont work. Kinguser works fine, but we can't mount system as rw :( . Btw, did u try xposed?

May 20, 2012
Huawei P40
I have yoga 8 and did the same. Supersu wont work. Kinguser works fine, but we can't mount system as rw :( . Btw, did u try xposed?

Why do you believe Supersu does not work?
That seems to be true anyway... :crying:

However, Kinguser is fine, I mean once the device it's rooted I don't care much about which app to keep...

What is xposed app and what is it for? Can't find it...

Btw I am able to mount system with read&write access using Root Explorer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: This guide is kinda outdated and I won't promise that it will work on the newer KK versions Lenovo pushed out. Look at the end of the Thread to find some working ways, im gonna update the OP soon.

Hello everyone,

This is a guide about Rooting the Yoga 8/10 running on KitKat.

As you may noticed, Framaroot, Kingoroot, etc. don't work on Yoga tablet with KitKat anymore. So I made this guide.

I know that this method isn't the best, but its a beginning. It may look long, but I really did it step-by-step so everyone should understand.

I'll uses the chinese Vroot application, but you gonna have SuperSu later.

Standard Disclaimer:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, or any other issues that may arise from following this Guide !

What you will need:

-A PC running Windows with an Internet connection (XP and above)

-Vroot (Chinese application for rooting)

-Some files (links are beside the respective steps.)

-Yoga 8 or 10 running on Android 4.4 (KitKat)

-About 10-25 minutes time

Step-by-Step tutorial:

1.) First of all, download the newest Version of Vroot. Don't install it.
    ---> http://soft.mgyun.com/files/products/vRoot/1000/2014/1896285952/VRoot_1.7.7.7592_Setup.exe

2.) Connect your Yoga tablet to your PC

3.) Activate USB-Debugging on your Yoga

4.) Activate the virtual CD-Drive and install the drivers from it (If you connect your Tablet to the PC a Menu with various options will came up, there you find it.)

5.) Download this: http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2013/11/How-to-Remove-Replace-VRoot-Chinese-superuser-with-SuperSU.html and put the mrw folder to your Internal Storage of your Yoga.

6.) Install a Terminal Emulator on you Yoga 10, you gonna need it later. (I recommend this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm)

7.) (optional) Disconnect your PC from the Internet. (Why?: -> http://androidnews.co.in/2013/11/08/psa-use-kingo-root-vroot-root-android-device/)

8.) Install Vroot, which you had downloaded before. (Well, the Chinese symbols may confuse you, just click the right button all the time)

9.) Start Vroot. It will now detect your Yoga 10. Wait a bit then press "ROOT"

10.) Your Tablet will reboot 1-3 times, it's normal, dont worry.

11.) Your Yoga is now rooted. But these crappy Chinese root apps are now installed. The next steps will remove them and will install SuperSu instead.

12.) Open up Terminal emulator. Grant superuser permissions to it (right button)

13.) Now type:

Code:
    su

then press enter. Then type:

Code:
    sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh

(This will deinstall the chinese SuperUser and install SuperSU.)

14.) Reboot your device.

15.) Deinstall all the chinese apps.

16.) Start SuperSU to download the newest binary

17.) Reboot again

18.) Now your Yoga 8/10 Tablet is Rooted ! Congratulations !

Any suggestions or questions are welcome. Please remember that this is one of my first Rooting guides, and my english isn't very good.

:highfive:Remember to press the THANKS button if I helped you, or if you find this guide useful.:good:
    Another easyway to root
    Install this apk from here
    http://www.shuame.com/m/root.html#
    This will install also Kinguser
    After reboot you will gain root !!!
    Then you can install Supeuser and you will gain root through Kinguser / and install updated su binaries.
    Reboot and unistall Kinguser
    xterminater07
    It's Intel))
    I posted here rooted system.img for yoga2 13 inch. Flash it and enjoy.. (today i will do for 830L )
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=613102&view=findpost&p=35452702
    Download Rooted .mg
    1. Install drivers Intel https://yadi.sk/d/BQDlz3kVcHK7p
    2. Install PhoneFlashTool https://yadi.sk/d/6YDc4AnFcHJyB
    3. Activate debugUSB and flash system.img
    Thank you! I like the tablet more when it's rooted;)

You step by step guide is very useful to root Yoga 8/10 tablet with Kitkat.

I use the step No 5 link to replace my Vroot Chinese super user with normal super user application.
    It work for me.

Thnaks.

Always remember to press the THANKS button, guys ! ;)
    Works on my lenovo yoga 10 wifi model only.