Guide/Successfully install whatsapp on a wifi tablet without a rooted android phone !

Search This thread
Before you proceed your nexus or android tablet must be rooted for the proccess to succeed

The first thing you should do is install this version of Bluestacks:
http://cdn.bluestacks.com/downloads/0.7.2.751/BlueStacks_HD_AppPlayerPro_setup_0.7.2.751_REL.msi

And then root it using this Guide :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1935192

After you root Bluestacks Install the following apks on it
TitaniumBackup: http://matrixrewriter.com/android/files/TitaniumBackup_latest.apk
DropBox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6993309/Dropbox.apk
Whatsapp : http://www.whatsapp.com/android/current/WhatsApp.apk

Right click on the whatsapp file and select install with bluestacks installer,after it finishes installation,open it , enter your number and proceed , wait for the 5 mintues of checking to finish(you will have supposedly recieved the 6 digit code on your phone already) enter the code and intialize it .

after that install Titanium Backup with the same method you installed whatsapp ,(you should already be rooted), go to app selection , select whatsapp and back it up

then install dropbox , create an acount(if you dont already have one) upload the whatsapp files(they are in the titanium backup folder in the root of the sdcard).

After that install dropbox and titanium backup on your android tablet , sign in dropbox with your acount, export the whatsapp files in a titanium backup folder on the root of the sdcard .

Then open Titanium Backup , select the app list , select whatsapp , then select restore app+data(then after that restore data only bec. sometimes it doesnt)

Done.
You have successfully installed Whatsapp WITHOUT A ROOTED ANDROID PHONE

Last edited:

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
Re: (Solved)Successfully install whatsapp on an android WIFI tablet without a phone !

Yet another how to install whatsapp thread

Technically its not without a phone though if you said you will receive the 6 digit code to your phone. ;)

Without a rooted android phone you mean?

Seriously though, if it works for those people then great. Is this method different from the other ones posted which used bluestacks?

I don't get the bit about the titanium backup 'files'. When I back an app up with titanium backup, it makes 1 file only with a .tiBkp extension.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
As for the backup question and yes this is a completely different method

Yet another how to install whatsapp thread

I don't get the bit about the titanium backup 'files'. When I back an app up with titanium backup, it makes 1 file only with a .tiBkp extension.

Yes this is a completely different method from the first bluestacks method

and i get 3 files when i backup from either the nexus 7 or bluestacks using titanium backup , maybe the phone version backs up only 1 file ! , i was gonna upload a photo to show you ,but the service is down for some reason :S

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
Re: (Solved)Successfully install whatsapp on an android WIFI tablet without a phone !

Found it, look at this, using my N7.

ruja5a9a.jpg

I always pick 'app+data easy import'. That's why my titanium backups are only 1 file. I use the 'send this backup' option to upload them to dropbox directly from titanium backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcbobeda

Akhil

Jan 4, 2012
21.14°N 81.38°E

Why so hectic method? Get whatsapp from play store or somewhere else and install it on your tablet, enter a number that you are using on your phone then you got to wait 12 mins for the verification, sms verification will fail then you will receive a phone call by whatsapp on your mobile device whose number you have entered which is a computer voice saying the 6 digits, hear it and enter it, your whatsapp will be activated..

Last edited:
Reactions: Hesterien

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012

Why so hectic method? Just install it on your tablet, enter your number then you got to wait 12 mins for the verification, sms verification will fail then you will receive a phone call by whatsapp which is a computer voice saying the 6 digits, hear it and enter it, your whatsapp will be activated..

You're speaking about the 3G tablet, yes?

Reactions: Mr_Dkbza

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012

No, any tablet, no gsm needed, only wifi..

Hmm this is very interesting..... I've got it working easily because I just pulled my titanium backup from my rooted phone over and installed it, but I'd be very interested to hear from someone trying this other way....

Reactions: jcbobeda
these are the three files i get when i fully backup an app

ruja5a9a.jpg

I always pick 'app+data easy import'. That's why my titanium backups are only 1 file. I use the 'send this backup' option to upload them to dropbox directly from titanium backup.

I always get 3 files doing a normal backup , besides the special features

View attachment 1713448

Last edited:

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
Re: Solved)Successfully install whatsapp on a wifi tablet without a rooted androi pho

I always get 3 files doing a normal backup , besides the special features

Ahhhh, never noticed that my 'send backup to cloud' was in special features of titanium backup. Paid version only, I see..

I too am skeptical of this 'wait 12 minutes' thing..

Last edited:
lol its not included

Ahhhh, never noticed that my 'send backup to cloud' was in special features of titanium backup. Paid version only, I see..

I to am skeptical of this 'wait 12 minutes' thing too..

Lol I uploaded the files from the titanium backup folder to drop box manually , because you can't access the root sd card of blue stacks from the PC normally.
I was not aware that I can send backups from titanium backup directly ! :p

sorinbiriescu

Jul 25, 2010
I confirm that this works. Rooted bluestacks, install and verify latest Whatsapp, backup with titanium, transfer backup to tablet using Dropbox and do a restore on the tablet.

I used a non-android telephone and my tablet is wifi model.

Last edited:

alenotario

Mar 1, 2013
It really works!

Man, this method is so good! It's working like a charm on my Galaxy Player 4.2!
Thank you!

davey4

Dec 3, 2012
Great how to. Worked beautifully. Only hassle was with the first TB restore on the tablet I got the 'tablet not supported' error. A 2nd restore got the app working 100%.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before you proceed your nexus or android tablet must be rooted for the proccess to succeed

The first thing you should do is install this version of Bluestacks:
    http://cdn.bluestacks.com/downloads/0.7.2.751/BlueStacks_HD_AppPlayerPro_setup_0.7.2.751_REL.msi

And then root it using this Guide :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1935192

After you root Bluestacks Install the following apks on it
    TitaniumBackup: http://matrixrewriter.com/android/files/TitaniumBackup_latest.apk
    DropBox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6993309/Dropbox.apk
    Whatsapp : http://www.whatsapp.com/android/current/WhatsApp.apk

Right click on the whatsapp file and select install with bluestacks installer,after it finishes installation,open it , enter your number and proceed , wait for the 5 mintues of checking to finish(you will have supposedly recieved the 6 digit code on your phone already) enter the code and intialize it .

after that install Titanium Backup with the same method you installed whatsapp ,(you should already be rooted), go to app selection , select whatsapp and back it up

then install dropbox , create an acount(if you dont already have one) upload the whatsapp files(they are in the titanium backup folder in the root of the sdcard).

After that install dropbox and titanium backup on your android tablet , sign in dropbox with your acount, export the whatsapp files in a titanium backup folder on the root of the sdcard .

Then open Titanium Backup , select the app list , select whatsapp , then select restore app+data(then after that restore data only bec. sometimes it doesnt)

Done.
    You have successfully installed Whatsapp WITHOUT A ROOTED ANDROID PHONE
    For those still struggling, as well as for people who only have their tablet to do this on do the following:

1. Download the latest version of Whatsapp and AppGuard
    2. Install both WA and AG
    3. Take care NOT to run WA yet!
    4. Do the normal 3 step securing of WA with AG
    5. Now open WA as you normally would and agree to the terms and conditions
    6. Enter your details and wait for it to give you an error
    7. (this is important!) Minimise it, ie make sure its still running in the background
    8. Do the 3 step process in reverse using AG (in other words remove the secured version and reinstall the original)
    9. Once done, open WA again

Everything should continue as normal from hereon in :)

ruja5a9a.jpg

Why so hectic method? Get whatsapp from play store or somewhere else and install it on your tablet, enter a number that you are using on your phone then you got to wait 12 mins for the verification, sms verification will fail then you will receive a phone call by whatsapp on your mobile device whose number you have entered which is a computer voice saying the 6 digits, hear it and enter it, your whatsapp will be activated..

Why so hectic method? Just install it on your tablet, enter your number then you got to wait 12 mins for the verification, sms verification will fail then you will receive a phone call by whatsapp which is a computer voice saying the 6 digits, hear it and enter it, your whatsapp will be activated..

You're speaking about the 3G tablet, yes?