[GUIDE] Super su for xperia device with lollipop very easy way

Search This thread

edwuard

Jul 29, 2013
Mod edit: This is originally the work of Mr.W0lf

see here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60936999&postcount=29

and here

http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2015/05/How-to-Remove-Replace-KingUser-KingRoot-with-SuperSU.html?m=1

beginning of script:
#!/system/bin/sh

echo -----------------------------------
echo -------- Made By : Mr.W0lf --------
echo -- Thanks @Chainfire for SuperSU --

This is my first post on xda, but I'm shadow thunder on htcmania the Spanish site, hope you enjoy this but I'm not a developer, so let's get started. You need to root your phone with Kingroot very easy after that just follow my step to replace Chinese root with Super Su. Let's start, here is a small script to remove Chinese kingruser, released by Mr.W0lf thanks for your great work. . This script will do all the work for you without using PC, just by terminat al, first of all, thanks to chainfire for his SuperSU files. download link to terminal emulator https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en ok.Before starting :
:cowboy:
POST UPDATE WITH PHOTOS OF MY WIFE XPERIA TABLET Z TODAY Y UPGRADE THE TABLET TO LOLLIPOP AND ROOT WORKS
Steps :Root the device with Kingroot, install terminal emulator unzip the zip change Kingroot to super su to internal storage of your device, the folder name is mrw
then Open Terminal emulator and type :
Su
Allow root permission
Type :
sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh
It might display some error, at the end it will launch supersu or open supersu manually.
Update su binary normal, then REBOOT . JUST DOWNLOAD KINGROOT I PUT IT HERE IN ENGLISH
DONE YOU HAVE SUPER SU NOW WITHOUT BOOTLOOP THIS IS MY FIRST POST ON XDA SORRY IF IS NOT LIKE OTHER DEVELOPER BECAUSE I'M A ORDINARY GUY WHO LIKE TO MAKE THINGS EASIER AND HELP OTHERS IF YOU LIKE MY WORK ONLY HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-26-21-30-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-26-21-30-08.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 19,723
  • Screenshot_2015-05-26-21-37-27.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-26-21-37-27.png
    114 KB · Views: 20,255
  • kingroot_4.1.0.apk
    6.4 MB · Views: 130,847
  • Replace_Kinguser_with_SuperSU-v1.2.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 148,052
  • su.jpg
    su.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 130,947
  • Terminal-Kinguser-Permission.jpg
    Terminal-Kinguser-Permission.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 17,601
  • sdcard-mrw-root.sh_.jpg
    sdcard-mrw-root.sh_.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 128,148
  • Update-SU-binary.jpg
    Update-SU-binary.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 15,291
  • Screenshot_2015-06-05-18-37-13.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-05-18-37-13.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 14,400
  • Screenshot_2015-06-05-18-40-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-05-18-40-36.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 13,854
  • Screenshot_2015-06-05-18-40-57.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-05-18-40-57.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 13,338
  • Screenshot_2015-06-05-18-41-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-05-18-41-16.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 12,688
Last edited:

edwuard

Jul 29, 2013
Follow the steps bro, install Kingroot, root then install terminal and unzip the zip in phone internal memory the folder name is mrw and then type Su Allow root then type the sequence and then wait and supersu start and tell you to update binary and reboot it works great bro something u did wrong

Reactions: athanne09

athanne09

May 26, 2011
Follow the steps bro, install Kingroot, root then install terminal and unzip the zip in phone internal memory the folder name is mrw and then type Su Allow root then type the sequence and then wait and supersu start and tell you to update binary and reboot it works great bro something u did wrong

ok sr. i gott for the second time. thanks..but after reboot is says that su binary needs to be update again.

Last edited:

edwuard

Jul 29, 2013
ok sr. i gott for the second time. thanks..but after reboot is says that su binary needs to be update again.

You need to type this sequence sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh if you cannot type it won't work is sh than space than / stop telling don't work because it works great and the super su open after the script did his job on terminal and open itself and tell the binary needs to update I don't know what you do because the binary after update them the phone reboot bro keep reading and then do it is very easy even a child make it is very easy

Last edited:
Reactions: quang1993

theduke7

Apr 8, 2011
Cairo
for some reason this didn't work the 1st time around, i had kingroot already installed from before, and it wouldn't update..
so i uninstalled SuperSU (which already removed Kingroot) and installed the Kingroot version in this Post (OP) and tried again...and it worked perfectly...
so for every one to be safe use the KingRoot APk in the attachment on the 1st post .
very good work...thanks m8...

i have a question though,,,can i update this to SuperSU pro???

Edit
Yes it can be updated to Pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Munemasa

Avatecer

Jan 2, 2014
it works like a charm bro
the first time i tried, it was not worked as it suppose to be. kinguser notified that the service was in error or something like that. and i tried to reboot. (prev. I got original kingroot straight from the dev, not from the op's), i got bootloop
but i got 2nd chance, (after getting bootloop, i reflashed with the stock rom, without deleting any cache or data), after my deviced booted, i downloaded everything from attachment. and did what the op said, exactly. and it workssss

Thanks

addition,
btw. i lost my root access, how do i gain the access? do i have to install the kingroot again and root the device? i am a bit kind of new in rooting. as prev, i never played rooting before. i was scared. was...

oppsssssss...
my bad, i forgot to delete something, so i thought the root didn't work previously. so i can say this method works 100%
now, I got root access.. thanks OP

Last edited:
Reactions: edwuard

nick2crete

Feb 11, 2013
Doesnt work for me ,ive tried a lot of times ,i get this and SuperSu doesnt update

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-28-19-55-24.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-28-19-55-24.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 1,442

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod edit: This is originally the work of Mr.W0lf

see here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=60936999&postcount=29

and here

http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2015/05/How-to-Remove-Replace-KingUser-KingRoot-with-SuperSU.html?m=1

beginning of script:
    #!/system/bin/sh

echo -------- Made By : Mr.W0lf --------
    echo -- Thanks @Chainfire for SuperSU --

This is my first post on xda, but I'm shadow thunder on htcmania the Spanish site, hope you enjoy this but I'm not a developer, so let's get started. You need to root your phone with Kingroot very easy after that just follow my step to replace Chinese root with Super Su. Let's start, here is a small script to remove Chinese kingruser, released by Mr.W0lf thanks for your great work. . This script will do all the work for you without using PC, just by terminat al, first of all, thanks to chainfire for his SuperSU files. download link to terminal emulator https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en ok.Before starting :
    :cowboy:
    POST UPDATE WITH PHOTOS OF MY WIFE XPERIA TABLET Z TODAY Y UPGRADE THE TABLET TO LOLLIPOP AND ROOT WORKS
    Steps :Root the device with Kingroot, install terminal emulator unzip the zip change Kingroot to super su to internal storage of your device, the folder name is mrw
    then Open Terminal emulator and type :
    Su
    Allow root permission
    Type :
    sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh
    It might display some error, at the end it will launch supersu or open supersu manually.
    Update su binary normal, then REBOOT . JUST DOWNLOAD KINGROOT I PUT IT HERE IN ENGLISH
    DONE YOU HAVE SUPER SU NOW WITHOUT BOOTLOOP THIS IS MY FIRST POST ON XDA SORRY IF IS NOT LIKE OTHER DEVELOPER BECAUSE I'M A ORDINARY GUY WHO LIKE TO MAKE THINGS EASIER AND HELP OTHERS IF YOU LIKE MY WORK ONLY HIT THE THANKS BUTTON
    I put the zip with replace the kinguser for people who can't download from mefiafire
    Thanks @kingvortex and @matt4321
    @edwuard Actually this takes hours to make it much easier for you and all users and I'm still working on it because it doesn't work for all devices.
    its really good to help people but if you give some credit it will be great, the page you get the tool didn't give me credit but he/she write the source you don't even write that page as a source of this thread.

I'm sorry, I hope you understand me :) but without giving a credit mean all the hours that I/other spent for making this/other tool for free was wasting of time.

Tool: http://tiny.cc/1a5lyx
    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6IgvVRt3ak
    Post: http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2015/05/How-to-Remove-Replace-KingUser-KingRoot-with-SuperSU.html
    The script was created by Mr. W0lf, so it's a little unfair of the OP to present it as their own work without credits to the creator. Original source. Also see the screenshot in this post. It clearly says "Made by Mr. W0lf" in the terminal output.

I suggest everyone to download the script from the original place and to thank the actual creator of this useful script. XDA post of the original source.
    Come on, those sort of comments aren't helpful. If you look in the KingRoot thread, there are many people that use Xperia devices complaining that their phone reboots when mounting /system as rw. Just because it didn't happen to you, doesn't mean it's not a real problem.

I'll suggest to you again that you should try to be helpful in your thread rather than dismissive in this way.

Exactly, by the way, I managed to fix the reboot issue, it was RIC as Sir @kingvortex suggested in his earlier post and guide me to some RIC killers, but they didn't work, as they try to mount / (rw) or mount /system (rw) and that's where RIC reboots the phone.

So here is the procedure what I did for all people who are having reboot issues in Xperia (in my case it was C6606/C6616).

We need adb.exe to get a shell to execute commands, if you already have no issues, for others just download SonyRICDefeat(we use one of them for adb shell only)

Enable developer tools [tap build number so many times], enable usb debugging, connect your phone with your PC, open cmd (command prompt, from accessories), goto SonyRICDefeat directory and change directory to files
    Code:
    cd files
    now run
    Code:
    adb shell
    it will give you shell
    type
    Code:
    su
    Kingroot will prompt to allow or deny the request, press allow
    now
    Code:
    cd /data/local/tmp
    ./busybox mount -o remount,rw /
    phone will not reboot, now we have to kill RIC, but it will restart again, so chmod the /sbin/ric to 0644 to prevent ric from starting again.
    Get the ric process PID
    Code:
    ps | grep /sbin/ric
    it will return PID of RIC process
    Code:
    kill -9 pid_of_ric_process
    OR
    Code:
    pkill -f /sbin/ric
    after that
    Code:
    chmod 644 /sbin/ric
    So far so good, now ric is stopped, may be trying to restart but due to chmod it will unable to start until reboot, now we can mount / or /system without any issue. BTW if we edit, init.sony.rc to comment out RIC service, it will come back on reboot.

For sake of clarity, here is the rest of the procedure, you might shifted Mr.Wolf mrw folder from here or from 1st post of this thread already on your sdcard so from the same adb shell type
    Code:
    cd /
    sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh
    it will clean kingroot files and install supersu, that's it

Thanks to @kingvortex for his kind help, Mr.Wolf for his cleanup script and off-course @edwuard for this post
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone