• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] Switch software region to allow bootloader unlocking

Search This thread

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Hello @Zacharee1 and @Sonic Steven !

I've tried your updated procedure to change the region of a Realme 5 RMX1911 running the latest (to date) Android 10 version.

My computer has several network adapters (wired + wifi) in addition to the Microsoft KM loopback one. No netwrok address has been set up.

However, at stage 12, SecrecyAutoUnlocker 1.5 recognizes my device but never gives me the flashing OK.

Also, at stage 13, typing *#3954391# doesn't do anything (I assume it should bring up a menu).

Does that mean that this procedure is now obsolete ?

Hanif380

Jun 7, 2021
Hello @Zacharee1 and @Sonic Steven !

I've tried your updated procedure to change the region of a Realme 5 RMX1911 running the latest (to date) Android 10 version.

My computer has several network adapters (wired + wifi) in addition to the Microsoft KM loopback one. No netwrok address has been set up.

However, at stage 12, SecrecyAutoUnlocker 1.5 recognizes my device but never gives me the flashing OK.

Also, at stage 13, typing *#3954391# doesn't do anything (I assume it should bring up a menu).

Does that mean that this procedure is now obsolete ?
after dialing that code *#3954391# a small toast notification should appear at the bottom of your device's acreen saying "Switch Activated" something of the sort,,then clear that code and type *#391# a list of countries should appear, the one in green is your device's default region, from here you can select which region you would like to switch to and enjoy features of that region and also be able to unlock the bootloader of the device(ofcourse through the official Indepth method) if its a region restricted device,,

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Hello @Hanif380 and thank you for helping me !

However, as I mentionned above, typing *#3954391# doesn't do anything at all (not even a toast).
If I tap "dial", it just displays "Unable to dial. Unable to connect to the mobile network" (which is normal, since there's no SIM card in the phone at the moment).

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
SOLVED !

I found a solution by first following this procedure : http://stock-rom.com/oppo-secrecy-auto-unlocker-errorsignature-here-is-solution-2021/
(The MAC address I used was 3497F690DEA7)

Then I dialed *#9434# from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...enable-dual-sim.4191787/page-38#post-85458659 to get the stamp number

Then I started SecrecyAutoUnlocker 1.5 and put in the IMEI and stamp number to get a token.

Then I went back to the phone, typed in the token and tapped "Decrypt".

Then followed the OP's procedure https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...w-bootloader-unlocking.4136341/#post-83109785 at stage 13 and could FINALLY apply for submission (… now let's see if it works or not) !

Hanif380

Jun 7, 2021
Hello @Hanif380 and thank you for helping me !

However, as I mentionned above, typing *#3954391# doesn't do anything at all (not even a toast).
If I tap "dial", it just displays "Unable to dial. Unable to connect to the mobile network" (which is normal, since there's no SIM card in the phone at the moment).
Insert a sim card on the sim 1 slot leave the sim 2 slot empty or if it has a sim card already deactivate it, then try. Oh and make sure your pc is connected to Wi-Fi , USB debugging enabled on your device, it should work if your doing every steps as required.

Hanif380

Jun 7, 2021
SOLVED !

I found a solution by first following this procedure : http://stock-rom.com/oppo-secrecy-auto-unlocker-errorsignature-here-is-solution-2021/
(The MAC address I used was 3497F690DEA7)

Then I dialed *#9434# from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...enable-dual-sim.4191787/page-38#post-85458659 to get the stamp number

Then I started SecrecyAutoUnlocker 1.5 and put in the IMEI and stamp number to get a token.

Then I went back to the phone, typed in the token and tapped "Decrypt".

Then followed the OP's procedure https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...w-bootloader-unlocking.4136341/#post-83109785 at stage 13 and could FINALLY apply for submission (… now let's see if it works or not) !
I'm glad you finally got it working

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
YES !!!
After rebooting my phone, I start the In-Depth Testing app again, and there was a "Check status" option (or something like that). I tapped on it and I got the confirmation ! :D

I immediately rebooted to fastboot and did a "fastboot flashing unlock" to unlock the bootloader while I could ! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In my process of unlocking the bootloader for my Realme X3 SuperZoom, I hit an error in the In-Depth Test app that told me I had a "carrier-customized" device and thus couldn't continue. I figured out how to get around this without needing root. All you need is a Windows computer, ADB, and a super shady program (I've tested it and there don't seem to be any viruses in it). Let's get started.

Bootloader unlock guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/x3-superzoom/how-to/guide-unlock-bootloader-realme-x3-t4136325/.

WARNING: this won't wipe your personal data, but it does appear to clear WiFi passwords.

1. If you haven't already, enable Developer Options and USB Debugging.
    2. Next, download the Oppo_Free_Unlock_v1.0.zip file from the attachments and extract it somewhere.
    3. Before you run anything, though, there's a little preparation that needs to be done.
    4. Open Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters category.
    5. Find your Ethernet adapter and double click it to open its properties.
    6. Go to the Advanced tab and find the Network Address option in the Property pane.
    7. Under the Value pane, select the radio button next to the text box and paste in the following: 704D7B61ABCD.
    8. If you don't have an Ethernet adapter, try to find another network adapter here that has the Network Address property. It may help to install VirtualBox, since it will add fake Ethernet adapters.
    9. Close the properties window and close Device Manager.
    10. Go to where you extracted the unlock tools. Open Sec5.exe.
    11. Make sure your device is in MTP mode, and then press the Unlock button.
    12. After about a second, a string of numbers and letters should show up in the left pane. A few seconds later, "OK" should start flashing in the right pane. Press "Stop unlocking" and close the window.
    13. Open the phone app on your device and dial *#3954391#. Then dial *#391#. A screen should come up with a whole bunch of regions listed. Choose the first one: "Multilingual Version Ex".
    14. Your phone should now reboot. Once it's rebooted, your region will have changed and you should be able to use the In-Depth Test app to unlock your bootloader.

In theory, changing your region like this should work on any OPPO/Realme device running at least Android Pie (9). It may even work on earlier versions.
    NOTE: This will not work for Chinese variants. These codes are filtered and will only work for international variants. However, the Chinese variants should be immediately unlockable.

-----

UPDATE:
    It seems like OPPO caught onto this program. That MAC address is no longer accepted. However, there is a workaround (thanks to @Sonic Steven).

1. If you set the custom MAC on any adapters, remove it.
    2. If you have the Secrecy program running, close it.
    3. Disable any Ethernet/wired/virtual adapters, leaving only WiFi enabled. If you don't have a WiFi adapter, you may be able to leave Ethernet enabled, but it isn't guaranteed to work.
    4. In Device Manager, click the root of the device tree (it should be your computer's name).
    5. Open the "Action" menu and click "Add legacy hardware".
    6. Click "Next" and select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)".
    7. Click "Next" again and select "Network adapters" in the list.
    8. Click "Next" again. Once it loads, select "Microsoft" in the "Manufacturer" list.
    9. In the "Model" list, select "Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter" (the name may be slightly different on other systems; select the one that has "Loopback Adapter" in the name).
    10. Click "Next" twice to begin the installation.
    11. Once the installation is complete, you should be able to reopen the Secrecy program and decrypt.

NOTE: The Secrecy program requires a working internet connection. It connects to OPPO's servers and performs some sort of authentication.
    Does not work on realme 7 RMX2155 : ( . In depth Test app Failed to submit application is displayed
    hello
    with oppo a9 2020;
    does not work, I start the procedure with Sec5.exe it recognizes the device but does not give the ok; the same thing happens when you start secrecy.exe!
    How can I solve?