[GUIDE] Switch software region to Upgrade to ColorOS 11 and enable Dual Sim.

chst&45

Jun 20, 2019
I want to write this here so it's all in one place and not scattered around different threads. Apologies for the bad formatting in some parts as this is on of my first contribution. Most of this is copied from this thread: I am adding onto this based on my experience and a twitter thread that I can't seem to find anymore. All you need is a Windows computer, ADB, and a super shady program (I've tested it and there don't seem to be any viruses in it). Let's get started.

DISCLAIMER: Use this at your own discretion. So far, when it works, it doesn't wipe any personal data and nearly no issues are caused. Still, I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken warranties or lost data.

If you haven't already, enable Developer Options and USB Debugging.
Next, download the Oppo_Free_Unlock_v1.0.zip file from the attachments and extract it somewhere.
Before you run anything, though, there's a little preparation that needs to be done.
Open Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters category.
Find your Ethernet adapter and double click it to open its properties.
Go to the Advanced tab and find the Network Address option in the Property pane.
Under the Value pane, select the radio button next to the text box and paste in the following: 704D7B61ABCD.
If you don't have an Ethernet adapter, try to find another network adapter here that has the Network Address property. It may help to install VirtualBox, since it will add fake Ethernet adapters.
Close the properties window and close Device Manager.
Go to where you extracted the unlock tools. Open Sec5.exe.
Make sure your device is in MTP mode, and then press the Unlock button.
After about a second, a string of numbers and letters should show up in the left pane. A few seconds later, "OK" should start flashing in the right pane. If it says "device not found" or something similar, make sure MTP Mode is activated. Press "Stop unlocking" and close the window.
Open the phone app on your device and dial *#3954391#. Then dial *#391#. A screen should come up with a whole bunch of regions listed. Choose this one: "Singapore Ex". Note: This Version has Theme Store, but no Ringtone Maker. Feel free to try other versions. EDIT: DO NOT CHANGE TO A REGION WITH CARRIER, ESPECIALLY THAILAND AS YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO CHANGE BACK! AT LEAST WHILE ON ANDROID 10. STICK WITH THOSE THAT END IN EX. Once you have done this, it appears that you can always bring up the region menu when dialing the numbers..
Your phone should now reboot. Once it's rebooted, your region will have changed.

Every time you changed region and want to change it again you need to use the software. You can get a code that you can use every time to change the region instead of using this software every time. (Update- one person report that this code(token) wont work for every time as his STAMP code changed.)
For this you need to: Open the dialer app , dial *#9434# ,press authtokendecrypt. You will see a IMEI and STAMP. Open the Sec5.exe and write the IMEI and STAMP shown on your phone in the blank space of the IMEI and STAMP in the software and press Generate a token, you will see a string of numbers and letters, write it on the token blank text box and click authtokendecrypt. Now you will see every text written in green. Now you can follow the steps in the guide but skip the steps that have to do with sec5. The Token that the software gave you is the same code that you need to enter in the *#9434# every time you want to change region so you do not need to use the software ever again.

UPDATE: Currently, it doesn't seem to work anymore for some people. Try installing Loopback network driver ( How to install Loopback) and uninstalling or disabling all other network drivers. If you are afraid of doing this with your own device you can use a Virtual Machine, too. I tried it this way.. Rest of the process is the same, just change the network address in Device Manager the same way as before.

Now that you are on the Pakistan Version, you can also run the device in dual sim mode, which was disabled in EU Mode. Some users have ordered Dual-Sim-trays on AliExpress and are now able to use it in this way. Also this might open up the path to unlock the bootloader, since that is limited to chinese devices only. I have not tried this out yet, though.

In theory, changing your region like this should work on any OPPO device running at least Android Pie (9). It may even work on earlier versions.
NOTE: This will not work for Chinese variants. These codes are filtered and will only work for international variants.

Attachments

Last edited:

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
This really has worked so well at removing the carrier's brand and installing Android 11, also with changing region you get access to the theme store and other oppo services and apps, had to install Pakistan A.45 and set to Singapore ex to get Android 11

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dexterxda

cKlebeX

Jan 19, 2018
This really has worked so well at removing the carrier's brand and installing Android 11, also with changing region you get access to the theme store and other oppo services and apps, had to install Pakistan A.45 and set to Singapore ex to get Android 11
Why is the Download file named CPH2023PU which is the codename for the non pro version. Does it not matter?

fullcollapse

Nov 12, 2020
Thanks for the guide. Im not sure if I want to go through this just to avoid waiting a few weeks, although I guess dual sim option may not be available in the EU version of the Android 11 update?

Btw, any chance to get a link to buy the dual tray? Or is it a secret? Maybe by MP instead? Thanks in advance

klanbo78

Dec 18, 2015
Well done on putting a guide together. The other thread was getting quite messy :)

Just some additional info.....

It's not the Pakistan ROM that enables dual SIM, it's changing the region to Singapore EX. I believe dual SIM variants are only sold in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia.

DO NOT CHANGE TO A REGION WITH CARRIER, ESPECIALLY THAILAND AS YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO CHANGE BACK! AT LEAST WHILE ON ANDROID 10. I DID THIS AND WAS STUCK IN THAILAND REGION UNTIL I GOT THE COLOROS11 UPDATE. STICK WITH THOSE THAT END IN EX.

Also, while it does enable dual SIM and appears to work perfectly on the phone I'm using right now, you should be aware that there is still only 1 IMEI number (a dual SIM phone normally has 2 IMEIs).

SO BEWARE - I've read that in some countries they will blacklist and IMEI if it detects 2 numbers registered to it at the same time (as it's normally a cloned phone). Mine is ok here in the UK after running 2 SIMs for a few days but could potentially cause an issue later on.

Saying that, as it's actually 2 SIMs on the same hardware it will hopefully be ok. I'm wondering if Oppo will pick this up and block the hack in a future update :(

I've ordered 5 black and 5 gold SIM trays from here, they're on their way to me now.

https://www.sunsky-online.com/product/default!view.do?subject.itemNo=SP7322B

They were only 64p each and £4 postage, so thought I'd get 10 and put on eBay for anyone else wiling to try. Not looking to make a profit, happy to just cover the cost.

Last edited:

Dobby118

Jan 26, 2016
From what I understand you only need two IMEIs if it has two transceivers. The find X2 pro has dual standby SIM so both sims use the same transceiver meaning only one SIM can make or receive calls at a time

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
Well done on putting a guide together. The other thread was getting quite messy :)

It's not the Pakistan ROM that enables dual SIM, it's changing the region to Singapore EX. I believe dual SIM variants are only sold in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia.

DO NOT CHANGE TO A REGION WITH CARRIER, ESPECIALLY THAILAND AS YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO CHANGE BACK! AT LEAST WHILE ON ANDROID 10. I DID THIS AND WAS STUCK IN THAILAND REGION UNTIL I GOT THE COLOROS11 UPDATE. STICK WITH THOSE THAT END IN EX.

Also, while it does enable dual SIM and appears to work perfectly on the phone I'm using right now, you should be aware that there is still only 1 IMEI number (a dual SIM phone normally has 2 IMEIs).

SO BEWARE - I've read that in some countries they will blacklist and IMEI if it detects 2 numbers registered to it at the same time (as it's normally a cloned phone). Mine is ok here in the UK after running 2 SIMs for a few days but could potentially cause an issue later on.

Saying that, as it's actually 2 SIMs on the same hardware it will hopefully be ok. I'm wondering if Oppo will pick this up and block the hack in a future update :(

I've ordered 5 black and 5 gold SIM trays from here, they're on their way to me now.

They were only 64p each and £4 postage, so thought I'd get 10 and put on eBay for anyone else wiling to try. Not looking to make a profit, happy to just cover the cost.
If you're in the UK, I'll take a SIM tray from you mate. Happy to pay of course. Black, if you have it? If not, any colour will do.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

chst&45

Jun 20, 2019
Thanks for your input. I'll add this region info to the post, so nobody gets stuck in Thailand :)

klanbo78

Dec 18, 2015
From what I understand you only need two IMEIs if it has two transceivers. The find X2 pro has dual standby SIM so both sims use the same transceiver meaning only one SIM can make or receive calls at a time
That's interesting, thanks for the info. I've had dual SIM phones for that last few years and they always come with separate IMEI's (dual standby or not), but it's working fine with just one so can't complain :)

adicken

Jan 24, 2007
Stone
I want to write this here so it's all in one place and not scattered around different threads. Apologies for the bad formatting in some parts as this is on of my first contribution. Most of this is copied from this thread: I am adding onto this based on my experience and a twitter thread that I can't seem to find anymore. All you need is a Windows computer, ADB, and a super shady program (I've tested it and there don't seem to be any viruses in it). Let's get started.

WARNING: this won't wipe your personal data, but for me it caused some issues- however others have reported no issues. After I wiped all my data, my issues were gone also. So just be aware that things can go wrong, and you might loose data or even brick your device.

If you haven't already, enable Developer Options and USB Debugging.
Next, download the Oppo_Free_Unlock_v1.0.zip file from the attachments and extract it somewhere.
Before you run anything, though, there's a little preparation that needs to be done.
Open Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters category.
Find your Ethernet adapter and double click it to open its properties.
Go to the Advanced tab and find the Network Address option in the Property pane.
Under the Value pane, select the radio button next to the text box and paste in the following: 704D7B61ABCD.
If you don't have an Ethernet adapter, try to find another network adapter here that has the Network Address property. It may help to install VirtualBox, since it will add fake Ethernet adapters.
Close the properties window and close Device Manager.
Go to where you extracted the unlock tools. Open Sec5.exe.
Make sure your device is in MTP mode, and then press the Unlock button.
After about a second, a string of numbers and letters should show up in the left pane. A few seconds later, "OK" should start flashing in the right pane. If it says "device not found" or something similar, make sure MTP Mode is activated. Press "Stop unlocking" and close the window.
Open the phone app on your device and dial *#3954391#. Then dial *#391#. A screen should come up with a whole bunch of regions listed. Choose this one: "Singapore Ex". Note: This Version has Theme Store, but no Ringtone Maker. Feel free to try other versions. EDIT: DO NOT CHANGE TO A REGION WITH CARRIER, ESPECIALLY THAILAND AS YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO CHANGE BACK! AT LEAST WHILE ON ANDROID 10. STICK WITH THOSE THAT END IN EX. Once you have done this, it appears that you can always bring up the region menu when dialing the numbers..
Your phone should now reboot. Once it's rebooted, your region will have changed.
After this, if you have to load this version on your device. In order to do this, download the file and store it on your device. Then boot into recovery and click on "upgrade from storage" then choose the file. After this your device will reboot and you can upgrade to ColorOS11 by going into settings -> software update.
Now that you are on the Pakistan Version, you can also run the device in dual sim mode, which was disabled in EU Mode. Some users have ordered Dual-Sim-trays on Aliexpress and are now able to use it in this way. Also this might open up the path to unlock the bootloader, since that is limited to chinese devices only. I have not tried this out yet, though.

In theory, changing your region like this should work on any OPPO device running at least Android Pie (9). It may even work on earlier versions.
NOTE: This will not work for Chinese variants. These codes are filtered and will only work for international variants.
Why do i get a connection problem or invaid mmi code?

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
Is android 11 worth the hassle?
It's not really a hassle. Just follow the instructions and it'll only take you about 5 mins. I done my phone and my misses phone within 10 mins. Now we're both rocking Android 11/ColourOS 11. Dual SIM is enabled on my UK variant. But I darent try using 2 SIMs just in case it gets blacklisted because they're both the same IMEI.

andywright1982

Jan 11, 2011
Thornaby-on-Tees
It's not really a hassle. Just follow the instructions and it'll only take you about 5 mins. I done my phone and my misses phone within 10 mins. Now we're both rocking Android 11/ColourOS 11. Dual SIM is enabled on my UK variant. But I darent try using 2 SIMs just in case it gets blacklisted because they're both the same IMEI.

Is android 11 worth the upgrade may be a better question? I have uk variant but unsure if changing it to Singapore version just for android 11 is worth it. I won't be needing or using 2 sims so it's just about the software experience