• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GUIDE] Switch software region to Upgrade to ColorOS 11 and enable Dual Sim.

Search This thread

Mitar00

Jul 12, 2015
Belgrade
Guys I need some advice: a friend of mine wants to sell his OFX2P and I would like to buy it for my wife. BUT there is one problem with the device: it has the Singapore c63 software on it and it is not possible to find any updates after that. He says that he believes that this is because he tried changing the region code to either Euex or Euex DUAL SIM (not sure) before installing the latest update, because he thought that way hes gonna end up with non-SG software again, but it turns out it didn't work, the software is still SG but the region code ISN'T. Which of course is a bit of a problem, because as we know, the combination of region code and software version must match in order to receive updates.

So, any of you got any idea what to make of this? As we also know, the tool for changing the region code doesn't work anymore on C63 so... that's not good. I mean there's always sending it in to support as a last resort, hoping they can fix this, but I'm wondering if there's anything WE can do to solve this? Tried different VPNs already, doesn't help one bit, but that doesn't surprise me. The region code clearly is the problem here...
Happened to me when I installed c.07 from singapore on my device and changed region to Europe EUEX, I wasn't able to find any updates. Had to go back to Singapore EX to find and install c.67.

Craphead

Jul 15, 2012
Dachau
@Mitar00 yeah, but see the problem is, when you're on C62/C63 already, you CAN'T go back to Singapore EX... My friend said he's gonna send it in and see if they can fix it, should cost him between 40 and 50 Euros

Craphead

Jul 15, 2012
Dachau
Guys I need some advice: a friend of mine wants to sell his OFX2P and I would like to buy it for my wife. BUT there is one problem with the device: it has the Singapore c63 software on it and it is not possible to find any updates after that. He says that he believes that this is because he tried changing the region code to either Euex or Euex DUAL SIM (not sure) before installing the latest update, because he thought that way hes gonna end up with non-SG software again, but it turns out it didn't work, the software is still SG but the region code ISN'T. Which of course is a bit of a problem, because as we know, the combination of region code and software version must match in order to receive updates.

So, any of you got any idea what to make of this? As we also know, the tool for changing the region code doesn't work anymore on C63 so... that's not good. I mean there's always sending it in to support as a last resort, hoping they can fix this, but I'm wondering if there's anything WE can do to solve this? Tried different VPNs already, doesn't help one bit, but that doesn't surprise me. The region code clearly is the problem here...

Alright so here's an update: the device has been sent in for service, and it was stated clearly that a) the region code should be set to the original one, i.e. Europe EUEX, and that b) the newest version of the corresponding software should be installed. Came back today and apparently they did do b), as the "SG" is gone, however they seem to have left the region code as it was, most likely Europe EUEX Dual-SIM (is there any way I can find out about that without using the tool that no longer works?), since in the options menu there are still two SIMs.

I definitely wouldn't mind keeping the dual SIM region as long as the updates work. So is there anyone around who set their device to EUEX Dual-SIM while running the standard European software and can confirm that updates still come along?

ScratMan38

Feb 4, 2011
Grenoble
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Alright so here's an update: the device has been sent in for service, and it was stated clearly that a) the region code should be set to the original one, i.e. Europe EUEX, and that b) the newest version of the corresponding software should be installed. Came back today and apparently they did do b), as the "SG" is gone, however they seem to have left the region code as it was, most likely Europe EUEX Dual-SIM (is there any way I can find out about that without using the tool that no longer works?), since in the options menu there are still two SIMs.

I definitely wouldn't mind keeping the dual SIM region as long as the updates work. So is there anyone around who set their device to EUEX Dual-SIM while running the standard European software and can confirm that updates still come along?
I do confirm. My modded euex dual SIM received 11_C.67 two days ago by OTA without the need to use VPN.

Reactions: Craphead

sdukesameer

Jun 20, 2021
Hello, I'm currently facing a severe issue if anyone could help it would be highly appreciated.
Actually, my phone (Oppo F11 CPH1911) was bought in UAE and i was going on smoothly with ColorOs7.1 then I heard in India we've got ColorOs11 trail, thus i got excited waited a lot but didn't receive the update, final i decided to try this forum, and so I followed it worked superb I changed my region to India IN. Phone restarted and then I received the trail update option, I downloaded the update 2.80GB but as I tried installing it, just as phone restarts it shows installing update please wait and suddenly in between it stops and phone restarts after restarting, and few seconds after booting it shows update failed. I tried it numerous times, even factory reset my phone but all in vain. I can download the update very well but it isn't installing. Please someone guide me how to install or get the update also, everytime I update and the phone restarts all the download goes in vail. Please help me.
Screenshot_2021-06-20-21-05-00-69.jpg

Above is the pic of update screen shown to me.
Screenshot_2021-06-20-21-05-19-63.jpg

This is the screenshot from CPU-Z it shows my bootloader as unknown is it due to that, I'm not able to install the update? Please help and what does actually sec5.exe do? Does is unlock the bootloader?

Craphead

Jul 15, 2012
Dachau

So last update in this regard: I can confirm I can definitely find updates again, just successfully found C68. And the best part is: the service company the OFX2P was sent to (W-Support) even refunded the money in full, they said it's eligible for warranty repair and thus no payment required. Which is awesome but somewhat unexpected, as it definitely isn't Oppos fault the region setting's been tinkered around with, so big thumbs up for that.

Clancy_s

Nov 5, 2011
Newcastle
If all you are after is a one time swap then probably easiest just to enter *#9434# then tap AUTHTOKENDECRYPT. pm me imei and stamp and I'll post back decrypt token.
It's best to leave it on decrypt screen till you enter token as stamp often changes after a reboot.

I have just bought a Find X2 Pro and also want to do a one time region swap from Australia-Telstra to Australia-Ex. I am generally fairly comfortable with computers, although intermediate rather than power user, have downloaded the files, extracted them on my windows 10 pc and was reading through this thread before trying the region switch.

Rather than going through the full unlock rigmarole is it likely to work if I just get the imei and stamp, put them into Sec5.exe, generate my own decrypt token to put in the phone and change my region?

Other than the region change to encourage timely updates I don't expect to want an unlocked phone for anything else - I stopped bothering with custom roms and root access a few years ago.

eta: I can get an imei and stamp number but feeding them into Sec5.exe without it ever being connected to the phone gives an error message rather than a signature. My ethernet adapter doesn't offer a Network Address option in its properties so I'll try a Virtualbox install and see where that gets me...

eta2: installed virtualbox, its ethernet properties doesn't include network address either. Currently I have 2 hardware associated and a surfshark virtual ethernet adapter, a wifi adapter and virtualbox under my network adapters, none have network address as a value under properties in any tab. The closest is MAC address for the surfshark adapter, which I don't expect to work.

More fiddling...

Last edited:

JimmyXL

Jul 7, 2021
I have just bought a Find X2 Pro and also want to do a one time region swap from Australia-Telstra to Australia-Ex. I am generally fairly comfortable with computers, although intermediate rather than power user, have downloaded the files, extracted them on my windows 10 pc and was reading through this thread before trying the region switch.

Rather than going through the full unlock rigmarole is it likely to work if I just get the imei and stamp, put them into Sec5.exe, generate my own decrypt token to put in the phone and change my region?

Other than the region change to encourage timely updates I don't expect to want an unlocked phone for anything else - I stopped bothering with custom roms and root access a few years ago.

eta: I can get an imei and stamp number but feeding them into Sec5.exe without it ever being connected to the phone gives an error message rather than a signature. My ethernet adapter doesn't offer a Network Address option in its properties so I'll try a Virtualbox install and see where that gets me...

eta2: installed virtualbox, its ethernet properties doesn't include network address either. Currently I have 2 hardware associated and a surfshark virtual ethernet adapter, a wifi adapter and virtualbox under my network adapters, none have network address as a value under properties in any tab. The closest is MAC address for the surfshark adapter, which I don't expect to work.

More fiddling...

Hi u can PM me i can help you out ...i have convert the telstra -> Retail

Clancy_s

Nov 5, 2011
Newcastle
Hi u can PM me i can help you out ...i have convert the telstra -> Retail
Thanks for the offer but I just managed to do it myself and came here to report back. What I had to do was use an alternate way of getting around the network adapter issue, from the original thread (see below). Now on Australian Ex and happy with that.

--------------------------

1. If you set the custom MAC on any adapters, remove it.
  2. If you have the Secrecy program running, close it.
  3. Disable any Ethernet/wired/virtual adapters, leaving only WiFi enabled. If you don't have a WiFi adapter, you may be able to leave Ethernet enabled, but it isn't guaranteed to work.
  4. In Device Manager, click the root of the device tree (it should be your computer's name).
  5. Open the "Action" menu and click "Add legacy hardware".
  6. Click "Next" and select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)".
  7. Click "Next" again and select "Network adapters" in the list.
  8. Click "Next" again. Once it loads, select "Microsoft" in the "Manufacturer" list.
  9. In the "Model" list, select "Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter" (the name may be slightly different on other systems; select the one that has "Loopback Adapter" in the name).
  10. Click "Next" twice to begin the installation.
  11. Once the installation is complete, you should be able to reopen the Secrecy program and decrypt.

JimmyXL

Jul 7, 2021
Thanks for the offer but I just managed to do it myself and came here to report back. What I had to do was use an alternate way of getting around the network adapter issue, from the original thread (see below). Now on Australian Ex and happy with that.

3. Disable any Ethernet/wired/virtual adapters, leaving only WiFi enabled. If you don't have a WiFi adapter, you may be able to leave Ethernet enabled, but it isn't guaranteed to work.
  4. In Device Manager, click the root of the device tree (it should be your computer's name).
  6. Click "Next" and select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)".
  8. Click "Next" again. Once it loads, select "Microsoft" in the "Manufacturer" list.
  9. In the "Model" list, select "Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter" (the name may be slightly different on other systems; select the one that has "Loopback Adapter" in the name).
  11. Once the installation is complete, you should be able to reopen the Secrecy program and decrypt.

Great work congrats ....hopefully C68 release in Australia soon ....

Reactions: Clancy_s

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020
Ehhhh yes ... I change the camera version which is now called camera, but they forget the translation ..... June patch to July 17 ..... I hope it is just the moment and that it does not become the practice
Singapore dual sim version arrived in Italy

linccracker

Sep 23, 2013

More fiddling...
Pm me imei and stamp and I'll generate token tomorrow when at pc

simonecapo

Nov 17, 2020
Err.... What was it before if not "camera"??

Besides there is no need to post the same thing in different threads. It is also against the forum rules.
I have to apologize 2 times, to you, to the thread and to all readers. The first for not having checked the translator's work: up to c 67 in Italy it was called "fotocamera" and it was in Italian, now with the c68 it is called camera and it's all in English. The second for having informed both threads so that readers have as much information as possible about bug fixes or other. I didn't remember that rule, but sometimes you do the wrong things for the right reasons. I apologize. I hope he translated correctly this time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Great work congrats ....hopefully C68 release in Australia soon ....
    Hi,
    I'm just having a bit of trouble with installing the microsoft loopback network adapter. I've been following the youtube video (
    ). I feel like I haven't missed any steps. But, I'm not getting the same outcome. The thing that I wasn't sure about was what IP address to input into the "internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). I went to command prompt and typed "ipconfig /all". Then I looked under:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : XXX.XXX.X.XX(Preferred)

Am I supposed to use that IP address?

So, I've gotten to this stage (refer to image). I'm trying to find the "Adapters and Bindings" tab, but I can't find it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Disabled the other network adaptors after delving deeper into the thread. Works now!
    View attachment 5367879
    Microsoft Loopback.jpg
    I want to write this here so it's all in one place and not scattered around different threads. Apologies for the bad formatting in some parts as this is on of my first contribution. Most of this is copied from this thread: I am adding onto this based on my experience and a twitter thread that I can't seem to find anymore. All you need is a Windows computer, ADB, and a super shady program (I've tested it and there don't seem to be any viruses in it). Let's get started.

DISCLAIMER: Use this at your own discretion. So far, when it works, it doesn't wipe any personal data and nearly no issues are caused. Still, I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken warranties or lost data.

If you haven't already, enable Developer Options and USB Debugging.
    Next, download the Oppo_Free_Unlock_v1.0.zip file from the attachments and extract it somewhere.
    Before you run anything, though, there's a little preparation that needs to be done.
    Open Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters category.
    Find your Ethernet adapter and double click it to open its properties.
    Go to the Advanced tab and find the Network Address option in the Property pane.
    Under the Value pane, select the radio button next to the text box and paste in the following: 704D7B61ABCD.
    If you don't have an Ethernet adapter, try to find another network adapter here that has the Network Address property. It may help to install VirtualBox, since it will add fake Ethernet adapters.
    Close the properties window and close Device Manager.
    Go to where you extracted the unlock tools. Open Sec5.exe.
    Make sure your device is in MTP mode, and then press the Unlock button.
    After about a second, a string of numbers and letters should show up in the left pane. A few seconds later, "OK" should start flashing in the right pane. If it says "device not found" or something similar, make sure MTP Mode is activated. Press "Stop unlocking" and close the window.
    Open the phone app on your device and dial *#3954391#. Then dial *#391#. A screen should come up with a whole bunch of regions listed. Choose this one: "Singapore Ex". Note: This Version has Theme Store, but no Ringtone Maker. Feel free to try other versions. EDIT: DO NOT CHANGE TO A REGION WITH CARRIER, ESPECIALLY THAILAND AS YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO CHANGE BACK! AT LEAST WHILE ON ANDROID 10. STICK WITH THOSE THAT END IN EX. Once you have done this, it appears that you can always bring up the region menu when dialing the numbers..
    Your phone should now reboot. Once it's rebooted, your region will have changed.

Every time you changed region and want to change it again you need to use the software. You can get a code that you can use every time to change the region instead of using this software every time. (Update- one person report that this code(token) wont work for every time as his STAMP code changed.)
    For this you need to: Open the dialer app , dial *#9434# ,press authtokendecrypt. You will see a IMEI and STAMP. Open the Sec5.exe and write the IMEI and STAMP shown on your phone in the blank space of the IMEI and STAMP in the software and press Generate a token, you will see a string of numbers and letters, write it on the token blank text box and click authtokendecrypt. Now you will see every text written in green. Now you can follow the steps in the guide but skip the steps that have to do with sec5. The Token that the software gave you is the same code that you need to enter in the *#9434# every time you want to change region so you do not need to use the software ever again.

UPDATE: Currently, it doesn't seem to work anymore for some people. Try installing Loopback network driver ( How to install Loopback) and uninstalling or disabling all other network drivers. If you are afraid of doing this with your own device you can use a Virtual Machine, too. I tried it this way.. Rest of the process is the same, just change the network address in Device Manager the same way as before.

Now that you are on the Pakistan Version, you can also run the device in dual sim mode, which was disabled in EU Mode. Some users have ordered Dual-Sim-trays on AliExpress and are now able to use it in this way. Also this might open up the path to unlock the bootloader, since that is limited to chinese devices only. I have not tried this out yet, though.

In theory, changing your region like this should work on any OPPO device running at least Android Pie (9). It may even work on earlier versions.
    NOTE: This will not work for Chinese variants. These codes are filtered and will only work for international variants.
    Why has this thread been hijacked by non Find X2 Pro users???
    @koloure2211 the region DOES change but like I said that is something else than changing the software! Look, originally we used the Sec5 tool to get early access to Android 11, which Singapore had already rolled out. BUT changing the region to Singapore alone wasn't enough to actually receive the Singaporean software, we first had to flash a software via ozip file from which we could actually FIND the OTA update, in this case this was the Pakistani one. You always need the right combination of region code AND currently installed software to be able to find OTA updates from a certain region. Wasn't a big deal back then because you could just go and download the needed software from the Oppo website. Now we are pretty much in the opposite position: we want to get AWAY from the Singaporean software, and again we would have to change region code AND install software from the region we eventually want to get to in order to be able to find future OTA updates of that region! But the problem is that as of now we don't have said software file yet, as there still are no Android 11 ozips available.
    No it's not after 62 update and February security update
    Sec5 is still working. It's the codes inputed onto phone that no longer work.
    Writing this to help anyone else who is still struggling getting the unlock to work through sec5.
    My setup: Surface Pro (wireless only, no ethernet)

Short version: Follow the guide, just don't use the number it says to put in the Network address under your network adapter properties.
    • I opened Device Manager, and under Network adapters disabled EVERYTHING other than my wifi adapter and loopback device.
    • Rebooted.
    • As per instructions elsewhere, I did NOT use the code for the network address on any adapter, left blank.
    • Followed the rest of the guide and it works.
    On my desktop, I had both wireless and ethernet, and originally had put the number in as stated on the guide and had the same issue as others. To get it to work, I set that back to being blank (as in not overridden), installed the loopback adapter and rebooted after disabling everything other than my ethernet and loopback device. I was then successful on the desktop and had no further issues since. Tested a few times on both machines, with success every time. I was also able to generate a token as in the latter part of the guide.