[Guide] T-Mobile KB2007 11 Locked Bootloader to LOS 12

Search This thread

riverstyxxx

May 9, 2015
I just spent several hours working with a t-mobile variant (KB2007), with a locked bootloader that requires a key from oneplus - bought it from ebay on sale, only $200 after discounts. Nice, but who wants to fill out a form and wait a week? I have it running LOS 19 and wanted to share exactly how. It's easily to get it running 18, the first step here will get you to that. The gist is: Downgrade/convert to european, unlock bootloader, install los. I can see why there's a LOT of confusion with this phone, mainly because the install guide on LOS's site omits a few details.

1. Go here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...m-unlock-or-bootloader-unlock-needed.4188491/

Grab that file and unzip it. Shut off your phone, hold volume up and down, insert usb and then let go of the volume keys. Or just reboot it with "adb reboot edl" if your phone is still plugged it. Make sure you have the driver installed! Chances are around 99% it will not be. What I did was unzip to C: and use that as the location. Then select "enum" and make sure your phone shows. Dont change any settings. Then start. It'll take 5 minutes.

2. Now you have the european version, it has much lower restrictions and gets rid of the annoying t-mobile screen. Now go online first (oem unlock will be greyed out and/or adb wont work until you do), enable developer mode, enable oem unlock, enable debug. Reboot into bootloader, unlock it with 'fastboot oem unlock'. Restart and let it do its thing.

3. So far so good, but you're on android 11 still. This doesn't help much, and if you try to use Oxygen Updater, it'll download a version of 12 that will relock it and bug you about a key when you try to unlock it again. Es no bueno!

Hit this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-8t-rom-ota-oxygen-os-repo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4193183/

You want "Signed Flashable Zips" then "KB05BA Europe" the first two links for 19 are dead, so grab "KB2003_11_C.20". Transfer it to the root directory of internal storage of your phone, use the updater that lets you select local file. Somebody might want to upload it elsewhere?

4. Now you're on 19, and your bootloader is still unlocked. From here, follow the tutorial: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kebab/install starting with Flashing Additional Partitions. You must also write "fastboot flash boot boot.img" or it will black screen when you reboot your phone's recovery a second time. It was very irresponsible of whoever wrote the tutorial to leave that piece of information out because a lot people complained. Somebody else figured this out, I'm not taking any credit for it but it was hard to find.

5. Ok so, sideload everything. Include mindthegapps and magisk (for some reason, I had to write magisk there, install the apk, and then write it again in recovery). Now you should be done. I've tested my network, 5g, sms, everything works fine for me. One issue: Holding vol up + power kicks me to bootloader, no idea why. Easily fixed by selecting recovery in the menu.

If something goes wrong and you softbrick, reinstall the first step.

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
I'm also wondering what the current instructions are for rooting on OOS12. I'm currently running C_43, latest security patch

Reactions: karlnorth

kevinco1

Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles
OnePlus 2
Samsung Galaxy J7

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just spent several hours working with a t-mobile variant (KB2007), with a locked bootloader that requires a key from oneplus - bought it from ebay on sale, only $200 after discounts. Nice, but who wants to fill out a form and wait a week? I have it running LOS 19 and wanted to share exactly how. It's easily to get it running 18, the first step here will get you to that. The gist is: Downgrade/convert to european, unlock bootloader, install los. I can see why there's a LOT of confusion with this phone, mainly because the install guide on LOS's site omits a few details.

1. Go here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...m-unlock-or-bootloader-unlock-needed.4188491/

Grab that file and unzip it. Shut off your phone, hold volume up and down, insert usb and then let go of the volume keys. Or just reboot it with "adb reboot edl" if your phone is still plugged it. Make sure you have the driver installed! Chances are around 99% it will not be. What I did was unzip to C: and use that as the location. Then select "enum" and make sure your phone shows. Dont change any settings. Then start. It'll take 5 minutes.

2. Now you have the european version, it has much lower restrictions and gets rid of the annoying t-mobile screen. Now go online first (oem unlock will be greyed out and/or adb wont work until you do), enable developer mode, enable oem unlock, enable debug. Reboot into bootloader, unlock it with 'fastboot oem unlock'. Restart and let it do its thing.

3. So far so good, but you're on android 11 still. This doesn't help much, and if you try to use Oxygen Updater, it'll download a version of 12 that will relock it and bug you about a key when you try to unlock it again. Es no bueno!

Hit this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-8t-rom-ota-oxygen-os-repo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4193183/

You want "Signed Flashable Zips" then "KB05BA Europe" the first two links for 19 are dead, so grab "KB2003_11_C.20". Transfer it to the root directory of internal storage of your phone, use the updater that lets you select local file. Somebody might want to upload it elsewhere?

4. Now you're on 19, and your bootloader is still unlocked. From here, follow the tutorial: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kebab/install starting with Flashing Additional Partitions. You must also write "fastboot flash boot boot.img" or it will black screen when you reboot your phone's recovery a second time. It was very irresponsible of whoever wrote the tutorial to leave that piece of information out because a lot people complained. Somebody else figured this out, I'm not taking any credit for it but it was hard to find.

5. Ok so, sideload everything. Include mindthegapps and magisk (for some reason, I had to write magisk there, install the apk, and then write it again in recovery). Now you should be done. I've tested my network, 5g, sms, everything works fine for me. One issue: Holding vol up + power kicks me to bootloader, no idea why. Easily fixed by selecting recovery in the menu.

If something goes wrong and you softbrick, reinstall the first step.
    I'm also wondering what the current instructions are for rooting on OOS12. I'm currently running C_43, latest security patch
    I have a KB2007, but am on Android 12 (KB2007_11_C.42). Will this work for A12?
    I'm also wondering this. I've been out of the rooting game for a few years and want to get back into it. Did you find an answer to your question?