[GUIDE][TMO][STOCK][GM1915][Android 11] T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro OOS 11.0.1.2-11.0.1.8 Root with Patched Boot Image

Search This thread

weakNPCdotCom

Aug 16, 2018
Atlanta
This Guide is intended for OP7 Pro Devices that are already running Android 11 after the May 2021 TMO OTA.

DO NOT flash the provided boot image if your device has not been updated to android 11.

REQUIREMENTS

Before proceeding, you must make sure your GM1915 bootloader has been unlocked, and you have the required tools installed on your PC.

For additional information, please see section 1 of the TMO OP7 Pro Unlock/TWRP Thread

Please Note: TWRP is not compatible with Android 11 on the GM1915 at this time. Do not attempt to install it.

Thanks to @justencase6 for providing a copy of the 11.0.1.2 OTA package.

INSTRUCTIONS

MAKE SURE you flash the correct boot image. Only flash the boot image of the OOS version you are running or you will have boot issues.
  1. Install the latest Magisk Manager on your device if it is not already installed.
  2. Download the patched boot image that matches your current OOS version from below.
    Copy the downloaded image to your fastboot directory.
    To make things a little easier, you can rename this file to "boot.img"
  3. Reboot your device to the bootloader using the advanced reboot menu or
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
  4. Confirm your device is detected by fastboot :
    Code:
    fastboot devices
  5. Flash the patched boot image to the boot partition :
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_a magisk-patched-OOS-11.0-boot.img
    fastboot flash boot_b magisk-patched-OOS-11.0-boot.img
  6. Reboot device :
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

Your device should now be rooted. Run Magisk Manager and confirm the installation status. You should see the following under "Magisk"

Code:
Installed: 23.0 (23000)  A/B: Yes
Ramdisk:   Yes           SAR: Yes

DOWNLOADS

magisk-patched-OOS-11.0.1.2-boot.img
MD5: bad8c767748e49e818d8b5ab698ed6f8

magisk_patched-boot-11.0.1.3.img
MD5: 26864b63727bba2c64ac929838d11f08

magisk-patched-boot-11.0.1.4.img
MD5: 0e6767c739b9cbf9e99562d01472d9c0

Due to problems updating and 11.0.1.5 being an incremental update, this image is not available

Incremetal Update - No Boot Image Available

I will continue to release these for future OTA's. I don't monitor TMO release dates, I just wait for the OTA notification on my phone so it may take longer for me to find out there is an update.

Feel free to PM me when a new update is pushed out.

Last edited:

stuntora

Aug 15, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
This Guide is intended for OP7 Pro Devices that are already running Android 11.0.1.2 after the May 2021 TMO OTA.
DO NOT flash the provided boot image if your device has not been updated to android 11.

REQUIREMENTS

Before proceeding, you must make sure your GM1915 bootloader has been unlocked, and you have the required tools installed on your PC.
For additional information, please see section 1 of the TMO OP7 Pro Unlock/TWRP Thread

Please Note: TWRP is not compatible with Android 11 on the GM1915 at this time. Do not attempt to install it.

Thanks to @justencase6 for providing a copy of the latest OTA package.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Install Magisk Manager v23 on your device if it is not already installed.
  2. Copy "magisk-patched-OOS-11.0-boot.img" to your fastboot directory. To make things a little easier, you can rename this file to "boot.img"
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    Code:
  6. Reboot device :
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

Your device should now be rooted. Run Magisk Manager and confirm the installation status. You should see the following under "Magisk"
Code:

DOWNLOADS

magisk-patched-OOS-11.0-boot.img

RELATED THREADS
T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro OOS 11.0.1.2 Stock Firmware (Root Optional)
Thanks for this very helpful thread. can you please provide me with both stock boot.img and patched boot image for European GM1913 running OS 11.0.1.1 GM21BA ? I have the stock image but won't boot if patched with latest magisk I've been trying for days (Also Tried Canary)

weakNPCdotCom

Aug 16, 2018
Atlanta
Thanks for this very helpful thread. can you please provide me with both stock boot.img and patched boot image for European GM1913 running OS 11.0.1.1 GM21BA ? I have the stock image but won't boot if patched with latest magisk I've been trying for days (Also Tried Canary)
Im sorry but I only work with T-Mobile devices. I don't have any other firmware on hand and I do not have any way of testing things for other devices. How are you patching the boot image?

stuntora

Aug 15, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Im sorry but I only work with T-Mobile devices. I don't have any other firmware on hand and I do not have any way of testing things for other devices. How are you patching the boot image?
extracted the boot.img from payload.bin with python.
patched the extracted img with the latest magisk 23.0
flash the patched img with fastboot to both slots a and b
fastboot reboot aaaaaaaaand voila a nice bootloop

solution

adb reboot bootloader
reflash stock img to slots a and b
fastboot reboot aaaaaaaaand voila a nice phone with no root hahaha

Reactions: haxer.null

weakNPCdotCom

Aug 16, 2018
Atlanta
extracted the boot.img from payload.bin with python.
patched the extracted img with the latest magisk 23.0
flash the patched img with fastboot to both slots a and b
fastboot reboot aaaaaaaaand voila a nice bootloop

solution

adb reboot bootloader
reflash stock img to slots a and b
fastboot reboot aaaaaaaaand voila a nice phone with no root hahaha
does the device boot normally if you flash the unmodified boot image that you extracted?
are you using Magisk Manager to patch the boot image?

stuntora

Aug 15, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
does the device boot normally if you flash the unmodified boot image that you extracted?
are you using Magisk Manager to patch the boot image?
yes, absolutely, the phone boots normally if reflashed with the unmodified boot image. and also yes I use Magisk Manager to select and patch the aforementioned image that can be found in the download folder.

weakNPCdotCom

Aug 16, 2018
Atlanta
yes, absolutely, the phone boots normally if reflashed with the unmodified boot image. and also yes I use Magisk Manager to select and patch the aforementioned image that can be found in the download folder.
after a little searching, I have found some other people reporting bootloops with magisk that are caused by incompatible modules being installed.

if you had modules installed previously, you can remove them using adb shell.

Code:
adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules

It's not clear if you need to have magisk on the device first or not, but I would try this method to remove any installed modules, flash the patched boot image again, and see if that helps.

Reactions: stuntora

Ju5t3nC4s3

Dec 29, 2007
t.me
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7 Pro
I have had twrp working with 11 from day one they released it for TMO. And I also found that if you have a boot loop you probably need to format,do to keys. Plus a nice lil trick is to disable DM Variety. Also have had root on 11 TMO but haven't been testing in 11 all my testing needs requir lowest firmware posable for exploits.

weakNPCdotCom

Aug 16, 2018
Atlanta
I have had twrp working with 11 from day one they released it for TMO. And I also found that if you have a boot loop you probably need to format,do to keys. Plus a nice lil trick is to disable DM Variety. Also have had root on 11 TMO but haven't been testing in 11 all my testing needs requir lowest firmware posable for exploits.
Can you provide a link or some context to help the rest of us get twrp working?

weakNPCdotCom

Aug 16, 2018
Atlanta
yeah, i dont believe you lol. TWRP for OOS 11 was only released for guacamole last week, and it still doesnt work for the GM1915

Ju5t3nC4s3

Dec 29, 2007
t.me
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7 Pro
A way to get twrp and not loose it, wile in twrp android 10 going to 11.flash the 11 package right after flash the latest twrp check if in A or B then reboot recovery do the same to the other slot.the stock packs have there own recovery this will help maintain twrp.

weakNPCdotCom

Aug 16, 2018
Atlanta
If this is not enough prof then message me
oh, you are decrypted. I would rather not have to do that. also, you are running GM21AA but TMO is GM31CB.

In Nebrassy's repo we are one of a few that aren't supported

Screenshot_20210704-022631.jpg

Last edited:

MarkyXhe

Jul 31, 2021
OnePlus 11
who can explain me step by step please i did not understand correctly i downloaded the file 11.0.1.3 and i dont know what to do next

MarkyXhe

Jul 31, 2021
OnePlus 11
This Guide is intended for OP7 Pro Devices that are already running Android 11.0.1.2 or 11.0.1.3 after the May 2021 TMO OTA.

REQUIREMENTS

Thanks to @justencase6 for providing a copy of the 11.0.1.2 OTA package.

INSTRUCTIONS

MAKE SURE you flash the correct boot image. Only flash the boot image of the OOS version you are running or you will have boot issues.
  1. Install Magisk Manager v23 on your device if it is not already installed.
  2. If you are on 11.0.1.2, copy "magisk-patched-OOS-11.0.1.2-boot.img" to your fastboot directory.
    If you are on 11.0.1.3, copy "magisk_patched-boot-11.0.1.3.img" to your fastboot directory.
    To make things a little easier, you can rename this file to "boot.img"
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    Code:
  6. Reboot device :
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

Code:

DOWNLOADS

magisk-patched-OOS-11.0.1.2-boot.img

magisk_patched-boot-11.0.1.3.img
MD5: 26864b63727bba2c64ac929838d11f08