Guide to check and change fingerprint from CN to WW with final Android 9 1910.64 RAW

Search This thread

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
FIrst off many thanks to @vhercastillojr (as this thread is essentially his) and Chicken from the Vietnam telegram group for providing the RAW's/img's

********** DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! I am not liable to any damage if you accidentally brick your device. This will void your warranty, if you had one. Also, using this method you won't be able to revert back to CN roms, lock your bootloader again and recieve OTAs, your device will be blacklisted by Asus ************

NOTE: To check your current fingerprint, download and install device info HW from the playstore. Under 'system' you'll find the current rom (CN or WW), the product id and fingerprint - they all need to match to be able to update your device later

NOTE 2: The main guide below skips early roms straight to last Android 9 for ROG II. For one user it didn't work and they had to use the previous, unedited guide which was based on 1910.35 RAW. If the below guide fails to update follow the additional guide at the end of this post.
----------

0) Download the ROG phone unlock tool and copy it on your phone and install it then run it. The phone will boot twice. DO NOT PRESS POWER TO STOP THE BOOT. It will wipe your data automatically. This will unlock your bootloader. EDIT: NEWER VERSION OF THE TOOL CAN BE FOUND here
NOTE: this will void your warranty, if you had one, with Asus, even if you re-lock your bootloader later... (Although, having bought mine as an import from China, I'm think the warranty only stands with the seller - in my case, 1 year, not Asus - but i may be wrong)

1) Download the WW International RAW rom from here

2) Extract the file on your PC. Boot the phone into fastboot mode (hold volume up then press and hold power button, Fastboot mode is the 1st screen you come across, the one with the options to Start, boot to recovery, etc...) connect to the side port and run "flashall_AFT.cmd" wait for it to finish and the phone will restart itself (it will take a number of minutes to complete, with the cmd window open all the time. If the cmd window only flashes up and closes down, then check the rest of the notes with this step).
NOTE: you need to remove or delete the original zip from the raw folder once extracted as it confuses the Flashall_AFT.cmd with the raw rom and zip having the same name. Also, it can help to extract to the root of C drive.

3) Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot app (windows). Install it on your PC to root of C drive

4) Download the rootww191064.img and place it in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot) from here

5) Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot by double clicking ''cmd-here.exe''. Switch the phone into fastboot mode (hold volume up then press and hold power button) then type "fastboot flash boot rootww191064.img" without quotation marks
NOTE: you can also check your device is recognised in fastboot mode by the pc/laptop by running ''fastboot devices'' cmd which should show your device serial

6) Reboot the phone and connect it to PC, copy and install Magisk and Root Explorer
Magisk
root explorer
-run magisk, (update if necessary) and grant access to root explorer (after opening root explorer you should be prompted by magisk to gain root access, click 'allow')

7) Open the Root Explorer App on you phone. Then from the app, select Mount R/W to R/O. Search for "/vendor/factory" folder and Edit the file content COUNTRY from CN to WW (ALL Capital). Scroll to "/system/etc/AsusTheme/themes" then delete the hidden file to enable the hidden themes.

8) Restart the Phone. You are done. Check again with device info HW that your fingerprint has indeed been successfully changed.

From here, if you want to be on latest Android 10, download version 2004.60 from here (full zip), place it in root of internal storage and reboot. That'll bring you to A10.
NOTE: For those of you that are rooted: Download the full zip, move to root of internal storage and reboot. System will detect and prompt to update, click update. Wait until it finishes but DON'T click 'restart', instead, click 'restart later'. Go to Magisk manager. Click 'install' for Magisk. Click the last option 'install to inactive slot after OTA'. Click confirm force flash. Reboot when prompted. Done - root kept intact.

Repeat the process for latest (currently 2012.65) using the same link above. Your phone should hopefully skip the other versions and be straight to latest. If not, you'll have to go through 2007.27, 2009.49 and finally to current latest 2012.65. Repeat the process mentioned above for keeping root if so desired

----------
For anyone still running early roms that 1910.64 won't flash directly to, use the same guide above but with the following corrections:

2) Follow the exact same instructions but using this 1910.35 RAW

4) Download root and stock boot img's and extract them to Minimal ADB and Fastboot Folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot)

5) Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot by double clicking ''cmd-here.exe''. Switch the phone into fastboot mode (hold volume up then press and hold power button) then type "fastboot flash boot rootww191035.img" without quotation marks
NOTE: you can also check your device is recognised in fastboot mode by the pc/laptop by running ''fastboot devices'' cmd which should show your device serial

After doing the ammended steps above for 1910.35, follow the rest of the guide to change fingerprint, then update to 1910.64 zip, place it in root of internal storage and reboot.
NOTE: For those of you that are rooted: Download the full zip, move to root of internal storage and reboot. System will detect and prompt to update, click update. Wait until it finishes but DON'T click 'restart', instead, click 'restart later'. Go to Magisk manager. Click 'install' for Magisk. Click the last option 'install to inactive slot after OTA'. Click confirm force flash. Reboot when prompted. Done - root kept intact.

******************* Thanks to @Barbatos19, who suggested I make video. Sorry to say I wont be, BUT several of you guys have recommended THIS VIDEO as a good reference guide... Hope it helps some others :) *******************

Finally(!!!), apologies that this post has become cluttered with instructions, I have tried to cater for all you and all eventualities!! Good luck

Last edited:

Spawn_Ishan

Nov 26, 2013
Mumbai
what to do when the phone gets stuck on bootloop after flashing rootww191035.img and holding the power button doesnt work either?

wilsen1985

Nov 15, 2019
hi bro
your link unlock tool its 190702..i can use it?
my rom ww1908.12 with finger CN
your file link name in step 4 is not same and file name is step 5..
its a same file to use?step 4 name boot&rootww and step 5 file ne to use rootww..do need to rename file step 4 to rootww?
and u have link l file to unroot 191035?
thx bro

Last edited:

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
hi bro
your link unlock tool its 190702..i can use it?
my rom ww1908.12 with finger CN
your file link name in step 4 is not same and file name is step 5..
its a same file to use?step 4 name boot&rootww and step 5 file ne to use rootww..do need to rename file step 4 to rootww?
and u have link l file to unroot 191035?
thx bro
One moment, I'll check the links... And yes, that is the only unlock tool available from asus website...

EDIT: yes, the zip file to download in step 4 needs to be extracted. it contains both the root boot img and stock img for later on when you unroot etc (both root and stock boot img's are for 1910.35). you need to place the rootww191035.img in the same folder as adb... and do the same for the stock boot.img for later use... read the instructions carefully...

Last edited:

wilsen1985

Nov 15, 2019
One moment, I'll check the links... And yes, that is the only unlock tool available from asus website...

EDIT: yes, the zip file to download in step 4 needs to be extracted. it contains both the root boot img and stock img for later on when you unroot etc (both root and stock boot img's are for 1910.35). you need to place the rootww191035.img in the same folder as adb... and do the same for the stock boot.img for later use... read the instructions carefully...

oh ok thx bro
1 question again
yesterday i download file raw ww1910.35 zip on asus website
can i use its raw file to this tutor or must download raw file in page 1?

wilsen1985

Nov 15, 2019
What you downloaded is not, I think, the raw rom, its the update zip for those who have already changed fingerprint and are simply updating... Please use the links in 1st page...

oh ok bro
i download raw in page 1 n when its complete i start for flash..
hope im succes for all convert
thx bro..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FIrst off many thanks to @vhercastillojr (as this thread is essentially his) and Chicken from the Vietnam telegram group for providing the RAW's/img's

********** DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! I am not liable to any damage if you accidentally brick your device. This will void your warranty, if you had one. Also, using this method you won't be able to revert back to CN roms, lock your bootloader again and recieve OTAs, your device will be blacklisted by Asus ************

NOTE: To check your current fingerprint, download and install device info HW from the playstore. Under 'system' you'll find the current rom (CN or WW), the product id and fingerprint - they all need to match to be able to update your device later

NOTE 2: The main guide below skips early roms straight to last Android 9 for ROG II. For one user it didn't work and they had to use the previous, unedited guide which was based on 1910.35 RAW. If the below guide fails to update follow the additional guide at the end of this post.
    ----------

0) Download the ROG phone unlock tool and copy it on your phone and install it then run it. The phone will boot twice. DO NOT PRESS POWER TO STOP THE BOOT. It will wipe your data automatically. This will unlock your bootloader. EDIT: NEWER VERSION OF THE TOOL CAN BE FOUND here
    NOTE: this will void your warranty, if you had one, with Asus, even if you re-lock your bootloader later... (Although, having bought mine as an import from China, I'm think the warranty only stands with the seller - in my case, 1 year, not Asus - but i may be wrong)

1) Download the WW International RAW rom from here

2) Extract the file on your PC. Boot the phone into fastboot mode (hold volume up then press and hold power button, Fastboot mode is the 1st screen you come across, the one with the options to Start, boot to recovery, etc...) connect to the side port and run "flashall_AFT.cmd" wait for it to finish and the phone will restart itself (it will take a number of minutes to complete, with the cmd window open all the time. If the cmd window only flashes up and closes down, then check the rest of the notes with this step).
    NOTE: you need to remove or delete the original zip from the raw folder once extracted as it confuses the Flashall_AFT.cmd with the raw rom and zip having the same name. Also, it can help to extract to the root of C drive.

3) Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot app (windows). Install it on your PC to root of C drive

4) Download the rootww191064.img and place it in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot) from here

5) Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot by double clicking ''cmd-here.exe''. Switch the phone into fastboot mode (hold volume up then press and hold power button) then type "fastboot flash boot rootww191064.img" without quotation marks

6) Reboot the phone and connect it to PC, copy and install Magisk and Root Explorer
    Magisk
    root explorer
    -run magisk, (update if necessary) and grant access to root explorer (after opening root explorer you should be prompted by magisk to gain root access, click 'allow')

7) Open the Root Explorer App on you phone. Then from the app, select Mount R/W to R/O. Search for "/vendor/factory" folder and Edit the file content COUNTRY from CN to WW (ALL Capital). Scroll to "/system/etc/AsusTheme/themes" then delete the hidden file to enable the hidden themes.

8) Restart the Phone. You are done. Check again with device info HW that your fingerprint has indeed been successfully changed.

From here, if you want to be on latest Android 10, download version 2004.60 from here (full zip), place it in root of internal storage and reboot. That'll bring you to A10.

Repeat the process for latest (currently 2012.65) using the same link above. Your phone should hopefully skip the other versions and be straight to latest. If not, you'll have to go through 2007.27, 2009.49 and finally to current latest 2012.65. Repeat the process mentioned above for keeping root if so desired

----------
    For anyone still running early roms that 1910.64 won't flash directly to, use the same guide above but with the following corrections:

2) Follow the exact same instructions but using this 1910.35 RAW

4) Download root and stock boot img's and extract them to Minimal ADB and Fastboot Folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot)

5) Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot by double clicking ''cmd-here.exe''. Switch the phone into fastboot mode (hold volume up then press and hold power button) then type "fastboot flash boot rootww191035.img" without quotation marks

After doing the ammended steps above for 1910.35, follow the rest of the guide to change fingerprint, then update to 1910.64 zip, place it in root of internal storage and reboot.

******************* Thanks to @Barbatos19, who suggested I make video. Sorry to say I wont be, BUT several of you guys have recommended THIS VIDEO as a good reference guide... Hope it helps some others :) *******************

Finally(!!!), apologies that this post has become cluttered with instructions, I have tried to cater for all you and all eventualities!! Good luck
    It wilk work if i have now flashed WW rom but with CN fingerprint? It was like this when i bought from GearBest
    Will KingRoot app work to root this phone? Don't want to have to wipe data to root.

I am pretty sure it won't, but humor me. Or is their something else out there that works?
    @reg66 i have good news..

I heard from my sister, my phone has been brought to the Asus service center, tomorrow it can be taken because it has already been fixed. tomorrow I have returned from my job, tomorrow morning I want to take it directly to the Asus service center. But Asus tells me he installed the latest Chinese room. I still want to use the global version. if i follow the steps like you gave .. could it be possible another error? can you guide me one by one, so that no mistakes I have ever made.
    if I have updated to the latest global version. how do I update the version if the new latest version exists ?? can you teach me how to update the latest version if there is one???
    if im unroot and relock the bootloader... can i still update the latest version global? how to update it automatically or still have to be manual ??

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

@wilsen1985 hai bro?? where u come from?? indonesia??? you already completed, congrats. if a same country.... can i get you number?? i am from indonesia.
    Yes, you can relock bootloader and unroot and still update (manually) once fingerprint has been changed.

This is the current latest version for our phone. Once a new one gets released, just place the zip in the root of internal storage and restart the phone, choose the update option that appears.

I don't know how to guide you step by step, I've already written the step by step guide in op, taken from the original guide that I used...
    I believe I have the ASUS drivers installed and I dont see universal ones in step 3 unless you mean Minimal ADB and fast boot, which is installed on the root of the drive yes.

When i run fastboot devices I get the following:
    K9AIKN05V629G3J fastboot

so I assume its being recognised
    Should be OK then, not sure why it's failing... Have you got the raw rom folder in root of C drive too? Have you tried just double clicking the flashall_AFT.cmd without right click, admin rights?