Guide to Debranding / Rebranding Honor 6X

Search This thread

uditshah

Aug 27, 2017
So I successful managed to rebrand my Indian Honor 6X (BLN-L22) to European Honor 6X (BLN-L21). This enabled me to use frequency band supported by EU version of the phone.

Following are the steps I followed:

1. Unlocked Bootloader : https://xdaforums.com/honor-6x/how-to/how-to-unlock-bootloader-honor-6x-t3535321

2. Flash Custom Recovery:
i. Download TWRP for EMUI 4.1 or EMUI 5.0: https://xdaforums.com/honor-6x/development/stock-recoveries-honor-6x-bln-l21-blnc00-t3632440

ii. In the folder where you have the twrp.img file (name may vary), shift+right click to open cmd prompt.
> adb reboot bootloader
> fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (or whatever is the name of your twrp img file)

3. Download Huawei Multi Tools and backup your oeminfo

4. Download oeminfo flashable zip attached with this post. Currently only EU and India are available. Request other users to share oeminfo of other regions

5. Using Firmware Finder, download the Stock ROM for the desired region. There will be two files, one update.zip file and another region specific file. Download both. Note: Only download Full Ota.

6. Extract the update.zip file and paste the UPDATE.APP file in a folder called "dload" inside an external sd card. Also copy the oeminfo zip file and region specific update zip file to an external sd card

7. Reboot to TWRP and flash oeminfo.zip

8. After oeminfo is flashed. Shutdown the phone and restart by holding vol up + vol down + power. You will enter update page and stock rom will be installed.

9. Once installed, you need to re-install TWRP recovery by following steps 1 and 2.

10. Finally, reboot to TWRP and install region specific update file.

You have now successfully debranded/ rebranded your Honor 6X

***** Edit ******
Uploaded the correct oeminfo file. Thanks @sanjay.rup for notifying the error

Attachments

• oeminfo_HW_IN.zip
    285.6 KB · Views: 674
  • oeminfo_HW_EU.zip
    286.6 KB · Views: 797
Last edited:

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France
So I successful managed to rebrand my Indian Honor 6X (BLN-L22) to European Honor 6X (BLN-L21). This enabled me to use frequency band supported by EU version of the phone.

Hello,

I have see your zip file and :

oeminfo_HW_EU.zip => updater script => package_extract_file("oeminfo/eu/custom.bin", "/data/custom.bin");
BUT, folder inside zip is => oeminfo\in\xxxxx and custom.bin say "hw/in" (india)

oeminfo_HW_IN.zip => you have forget to remove oeminfo_HW_IN root folder :)

Conclusion: i haven't test, but i think this 2 zip file will never work ! BUT a BIG thx, i was looking for a indian "oeminfo" file for a friend, i will backup the "asian" oemfile this night, and flash indian oeminfo file manualy with him.

I can re-create the 2 zip file, i have BLN-L21 oeminfo (my phone for EUROPE), AND indian oeminfo "seems" to be good ! but this is your thread ;)

Reactions: uditshah

shashank1320

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
Hello,

oeminfo_HW_EU.zip => updater script => package_extract_file("oeminfo/eu/custom.bin", "/data/custom.bin");
BUT, folder inside zip is => oeminfo\in\xxxxx and custom.bin say "hw/in" (india)

Conclusion: i haven't test, but i think this 2 zip file will never work ! BUT a BIG thx, i was looking for a indian "oeminfo" file for a friend, i will backup the "asian" oemfile this night, and flash indian oeminfo file manualy with him.

I can re-create the 2 zip file, i have BLN-L21 oeminfo (my phone for EUROPE), AND indian oeminfo "seems" to be good ! but this is your thread ;)
Share the Indian version files plz. I will probably go with that

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

No custom bin file required

uditshah

Aug 27, 2017
Hello,

You are right. I realized I uploaded the wrong files. I was using the EU version zip file to create the IN version zip and by mistake uploaded the working file.

Please do upload the oeminfo files you have. It would be super useful for the community

Khan001993

Sep 20, 2017
hi, i think ive made a huge mistake. i tried to modify the EU version of oeminfo by correcting the script ie giving it a correct path (replacing "in" with "eu) in updater script, it got successfully flashed but then the rom failed to install and as soon as the device rebooted system said something like "serious damage has occured" and then it wiped internal memory and locked the boot loader. i tried to install the rom (C185B361) which was working before via dload method but it keeps saying "version not compatible". i have access to fastboot, twrp and i also got backup of my original oeminfo. plz help me thank you

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
hi, i think ive made a huge mistake. i tried to modify the EU version of oeminfo by correcting the script ie giving it a correct path (replacing "in" with "eu) in updater script, it got successfully flashed but then the rom failed to install and as soon as the device rebooted system said something like "serious damage has occured" and then it wiped internal memory and locked the boot loader. i tried to install the rom (C185B361) which was working before via dload method but it keeps saying "version not compatible". i have access to fastboot, twrp and i also got backup of my original oeminfo. plz help me thank you
Have you taken twrp backup?
Please restore if you have. Else due to flash, you model number is changed and you are not able to flash the original firmware.
May be you can try the other variant firmware which you flashed

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France

if it's old zip, rename "in/" folder with eu/ will not change file inside directory to "eu"; it's indian oemfile in L21 zip. Your are now brant to Indian rom. Redownload

Khan001993

Sep 20, 2017
if it's old zip, rename "in/" folder with eu/ will not change file inside directory to "eu"; it's indian oemfile in L21 zip. Your are now brant to Indian rom. Redownload

so if i get indian version of stock rom, install it via dload method, am i good to go?
P.S: this is a very unfortunate day as i removed my huge twrp backup in order to make space...so yeah a mess from my side.:p

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France
so if i get indian version of stock rom, install it via dload method, am i good to go?
P.S: this is a very unfortunate day as i removed my huge twrp backup in order to make space...so yeah a mess from my side.:p

if you have flash indian oeminfo file, you will be able to dload indian rom (C675).

If you flash your backup oeminfo file, you will be able to dload your old region rom file !

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France
So, successfuly brant Asia to Indian with zip extracted oeminfo file. C636B372 => C675B340 via dload. VoLTE Jio SIM working for my friend's phone.

Download zip is not updated for me.

Waiting for him, to upload Asian oeminfo.

Last edited:

uditshah

Aug 27, 2017

Flash the attached oeminfo file using TWRP. It is the correct version of the EU oeminfo. Flash the ROM BLN-L21C10B131. It should work.

Attachments

• oeminfo_HW_EU.zip
    286.6 KB · Views: 57

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
Get as many files as we can...it will be helpful for sure. Repository thread will be updated soon with all these info with proper credit :good:
Good work guys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Unlocked Bootloader : https://xdaforums.com/honor-6x/how-to/how-to-unlock-bootloader-honor-6x-t3535321

2. Flash Custom Recovery:
    i. Download TWRP for EMUI 4.1 or EMUI 5.0: https://xdaforums.com/honor-6x/development/stock-recoveries-honor-6x-bln-l21-blnc00-t3632440

ii. In the folder where you have the twrp.img file (name may vary), shift+right click to open cmd prompt.
    > adb reboot bootloader
    > fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (or whatever is the name of your twrp img file)

3. Download Huawei Multi Tools and backup your oeminfo

4. Download oeminfo flashable zip attached with this post. Currently only EU and India are available. Request other users to share oeminfo of other regions

5. Using Firmware Finder, download the Stock ROM for the desired region. There will be two files, one update.zip file and another region specific file. Download both. Note: Only download Full Ota.

6. Extract the update.zip file and paste the UPDATE.APP file in a folder called "dload" inside an external sd card. Also copy the oeminfo zip file and region specific update zip file to an external sd card

7. Reboot to TWRP and flash oeminfo.zip

8. After oeminfo is flashed. Shutdown the phone and restart by holding vol up + vol down + power. You will enter update page and stock rom will be installed.

9. Once installed, you need to re-install TWRP recovery by following steps 1 and 2.

10. Finally, reboot to TWRP and install region specific update file.

***** Edit ******
    Uploaded the correct oeminfo file. Thanks @sanjay.rup for notifying the error

Flash the attached oeminfo file using TWRP. It is the correct version of the EU oeminfo. Flash the ROM BLN-L21C10B131. It should work.

Hello,

For BLN-L22?
    And no need of custom bin?

I used the custom bin file. I have attached the Indian custom.bin file (extract the custom.zip file). If you are flashing using TWRP then you can directly flash the
    oeminfo_HW_IN.zip file attached.

Hope this is useful
    Sorry for my English
    Will this rebranding method helps me to downgrade my BLN-L21 from B361 to lower

By debrand to L24 and then using L24 rollback package
    Is it possible?
    I want to rollback soooooo bad
    Once you are on L24 then yes you can downgrade to lower version if you have the rollback package with you