How To Guide Guide to disable Knox and privacy intrusion on Samsung A7 Tab [NO ROOT]

Search This thread

Viper89

Oct 6, 2009
New York
This what happens for me Apk wise in Chrome. Is there any other browser that is not effected by this in Galaxy Store?I been stuck at this point.

Attachments

• 20220109_120134.jpg
    20220109_120134.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106

Viper89

Oct 6, 2009
New York
Wiped Partion, Factory Reset, and Re Flashed twice. And still the same thing. Sucks I been at this since Friday 6:00pm hitting wall after wall.

Quick question why is the User Data Left empty in Odin 3? Is it posssible to have.... User Data file made where I can install Apk's from Download in Chrome without the security message for Chrome popping up? Is something like this possible? 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: hd_scania
Wiped Partion, Factory Reset, and Re Flashed twice. And still the same thing. Sucks I been at this since Friday 6:00pm hitting wall after wall.

Quick question why is the User Data Left empty in Odin 3?
I just flashed the home file when I was flashing the tab😂 don't know if I was supposed to or not
Also have you tried any other firmware version? Like an older one or some other region one
Like the settings not opening up is kinda strange

Viper89

Oct 6, 2009
New York
I just flashed the home file when I was flashing the tab😂 don't know if I was supposed to or not
Also have you tried any other firmware version? Like an older one or some other region one
Like the settings not opening up is kinda strange
Wait to so be clear...Your not adding AP,BL,Csc to Odin when flashing? Ur just putting in the Home Csc section only?

Reactions: hd_scania

Viper89

Oct 6, 2009
New York
Like the settings not opening up is kinda stra
An no I haven't tried a older version, will try that next. Also wouldn't another region brick Tablet if not the same SM-T220 Model? Sorry I haven't been doing things like this for 10 years and first time Samsung anything 😂

Reactions: Abish
An no I haven't tried a older version, will try that next. Also wouldn't another region brick Tablet if not the same SM-T220 Model? Sorry I haven't been doing things like this for 10 years and first time Samsung anything 😂
Oh no you need to make sure you do have the correct device firmware but the same device is sold in multiple regions and each have their own slightly seperate firmwares
That way if it's a firmware issue you atleast have a chance that another region's firmware or an older one would solve that problem
Also the tablets I've and probably most others have worked on in this post is the T225 which is the wifi+lte variant maybe it is a firmware issue in the T220 that's why no one else has brought this one up

Viper89

Oct 6, 2009
New York
Oh no you need to make sure you do have the correct device firmware but the same device is sold in multiple regions and each have their own slightly seperate firmwares
That way if it's a firmware issue you atleast have a chance that another region's firmware or an older one would solve that problem
Also the tablets I've and probably most others have worked on in this post is the T225 which is the wifi+lte variant maybe it is a firmware issue in the T220 that's why no one else has brought this one up
Thanks Insomniac appreciate you helping. I got another question cause this was why I was confused in Odin 3. So when I unpack the lastest T220 Firmware this what I see...I been putting the Csc file in the CP location. Is that correct? And I would put the Home Scs section in both Csc Section and User Data? 🤔

Attachments

• 20220109_140301.jpg
    20220109_140301.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 48
Thanks Insomniac appreciate you helping. I got another question cause this was why I was confused in Odin 3. So when I unpack the lastest T220 Firmware this what I see...I been putting the Csc file in the CP location. Is that correct? And I would put the Home Scs section in both Csc Section and User Data? 🤔
You dont need a cp your variant is the wifi only version and since you don't have the sim functionality you don't need a cp file put the csc on the csc section

Reactions: Viper89

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The method is derived from This post and does not require root access hence doesn't void Warranty or trips Knox:-

This is a Noob-friendly and Safe Method. The wireless debugging section might be new to people though.

This method is demonstrated in this youtube video as well and all the download links are given in the video description

Primary tools and methods used are:-

ADB Tools

FrpUnclock

SamsungDriver

Disabled Driver signature

Wireless debugging

Step:-1 [Preparing the device and using FRP remover]

First of all, reset the device (hard reset before removing any existing account )

Wipe Data and cache partition and reboot to system.

Select language and go to next

Accept conditions and proceed to wifi selection.

Login to your wifi and press back instead of going forward

Now you should get the language selection screen.

Connect your device to PC and launch FRP Tool.

For this tool to work properly in Windows 10, you must disable Driver Signature Enforcement.

Now in SamsunFRP tap on disable Driver Signature,

[Before proceeding ensure that the wifi connection on the phone is working]

Click on BypassFRP (It may ask to install the driver but you should install the driver given in below)

vlcsnap-2021-12-27-23h49m37s183.png

Once the application does its job you will see a pop-up on the tablet named Easy Firmware.

vlcsnap-2021-12-27-23h50m42s631.png

Step:-2 [Downloading QuickShortcut to ignore Knox]

Click on View and it will launch youtube then Chrome.

In chrome don't signup yet and in the search tab search for "vnrom"

select first link stating BYPASS GOOGLE ACCOUNT 2021 - vNORM.net

On the opened page scroll and download "QuickShortCutMaker.apk"

Allow installation from chrome and launch the application.

[Disconnect from your WIFI]

In the application search box search for "Setup"

Expand the Android Setup and select the last section (Just above the other "Android Setup" with Clock Logo)

vlcsnap-2021-12-27-23h52m16s102.png

Select Try

vlcsnap-2021-12-27-23h53m14s399.png

It will show Preparing for Setup... (let it take its time)

It will soon display the screen. Now lock the device and use the notification drawer to access settings

Knox might try to peep in but keep using the notification drawer to access settings.

Under the settings use developer mode (re-enable if not visible)

Step 3:- Using Wireless Debugging to disable knox permanently

Ensure pc and device on same network and disable any internet connection.

Ensure there is only LAN but no internet access as here Knox will attempt to regain control.

GO to Developer Options and select Wireless Debugging.

Now in your PC navigate to ADB/Platform Tools and launch CMD or Powershell by pressing Shift and right-click Open PowerShell here.

If using CMD type command as adb pair.

else in PowerShell type command as ".\adb pair".

Check this tutorial to connect the device to adb wirelssly.

Once you are connected to the device

enter

.\adb shell

pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.enterprise.knox.cloudmdm.smdms

exit

vlcsnap-2021-12-27-23h55m09s659.png

Now enjoy your Bloatfree tablet.

You can change wallpaper add your own account and do everything as there will be no restrictions or Privacy invasion.

Note:- Updating or Resetting the device will roll back all the changes and you will have to repeat the procedure again

Thank you
    Great. Love that people are now helping and sharing these tricks.
    Great to see , will gain more popularity now .
    Yup this should work as well. But for full compatibility, i have shown the entire step right from the first screen
    yes its very helpful & i thank u for that. with that guide of you and @AddictedA1 , i was able to break my first tab, now i'm just xploring other ways! this method is same as yours, but since device was opened for the first time and it havent enrolled not once with knox, we can enter home tab screen easily, so we can bypass the initial steps and go to the cmd step directly. it's the same output in end!
    The method is derived from This post and does not require root access hence doesn't void Warranty or trips Knox:-
    This is a Noob-friendly and Safe Method. The wireless debugging section might be new to people though.

This method is demonstrated in this youtube video as well

Primary tools and methods used are:-
    ADB Tools
    FrpUnclock
    SamsungDriver
    Disabled Driver signature
    Wireless debugging

Step:-1 [Preparing the device and using FRP remover]

First of all, reset the device (hard reset before removing any existing account )
    Wipe Data and cache partition and reboot to system.

Select language and go to next
    Accept conditions and proceed to wifi selection.
    Login to your wifi and press back instead of going forward
    Now you should get the language selection screen.

Connect your device to PC and launch FRP Tool.
    For this tool to work properly in Windows 10, you must disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
    Now in SamsunFRP tap on disable Driver Signature,
    [Before proceeding ensure that the wifi connection on the phone is working]
    Click on BypassFRP (It may ask to install the driver but you should install the driver given in below)
    View attachment 5493067

Once the application does its job you will see a pop-up on the tablet named Easy Firmware.
    View attachment 5493069

Step:-2 [Downloading QuickShortcut to ignore Knox]

Click on View and it will launch youtube then Chrome.
    In chrome don't signup yet and in the search tab search for "vnrom"
    select first link stating BYPASS GOOGLE ACCOUNT 2021 - vNORM.net
    On the opened page scroll and download "QuickShortCutMaker.apk"
    Allow installation from chrome and launch the application.
    [Disconnect from your WIFI]
    In the application search box search for "Setup"
    Expand the Android Setup and select the last section (Just above the other "Android Setup" with Clock Logo)
    View attachment 5493071
    Select Try
    View attachment 5493073

It will show Preparing for Setup... (let it take its time)
    It will soon display the screen. Now lock the device and use the notification drawer to access settings
    Knox might try to peep in but keep using the notification drawer to access settings.
    Under the settings use developer mode (re-enable if not visible)

Step 3:- Using Wireless Debugging to disable knox permanently

Ensure pc and device on same network and disable any internet connection.
    Ensure there is only LAN but no internet access as here Knox will attempt to regain control.

GO to Developer Options and select Wireless Debugging.
    Now in your PC navigate to ADB/Platform Tools and launch CMD or Powershell by pressing Shift and right-click Open PowerShell here.
    If using CMD type command as adb pair.
    else in PowerShell type command as ".\adb pair".
    Check this tutorial to connect the device to adb wirelssly.
    Once you are connected to the device
    enter
    .\adb shell

pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.enterprise.knox.cloudmdm.smdms

exit
    View attachment 5493079

Now enjoy your Bloatfree tablet.
    You can change wallpaper add your own account and do everything as there will be no restrictions or Privacy invasion.
    Note:- Updating or Resetting the device will roll back all the changes and you will have to repeat the procedure again
    Thank you

Edit 1:-
    Here's the attached screenshot of the root checker and Samsung info app.
    They both state no root and Knox hasn't been tripped as well
    View attachment 5493339View attachment 5493341
    Dude if anyone haven't connected the tab to the internet from the time of purchase, then more simple way is there. Don't connect the tab to the wifi instead skip in the startup setup, get to the homescreen of tab, then open settings & activate developer's option. from their activate usb debugging and use the same command as mentioned in adb cmd. and then you are free to connect with internet and use tab without knox getting into action. but you have to deactivate auto update from developers and system upate menu in settings. Soon i will put a youtube video for that!!! Njoy :)