How To Guide GUIDE to disable Knox on Samsung tab A7 Lite (by Rooting) . can work on A03s phones.

Search This thread

brunoaduarte

Feb 18, 2021

Attachments

• IMG_2461.jpeg
    IMG_2461.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 50

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I've found some paid options on Google: UnlockTool, Octoplus, Chinese Miracle. Can they work for me, or are these all scams/virus ?
Most likely scams.
Flash the official firmware again
This doesn't remove MDM, and in fact performing a clean flash is impossible because MDM prevents unlocking the bootloader.

Didn't all US devices have oem unlocking disabled?
No. It's generally carrier specific - for example, Verizon devices are typically not unlockable

Last edited:

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Ah I just asked to flash the firmware since he wasn't able to boot up and sure enough that atleast got his device back to boot up
Yeah, depending on the device you can generally flash factory firmware. I'm mainly familiar with Nexus/Pixel devices - it's not possible to perform a clean flash without unlocking the bootloader.

Yeah, depending on the device you can generally flash factory firmware. I'm mainly familiar with Nexus/Pixel devices - it's not possible to perform a clean flash without unlocking the bootloader.
Ah that's not exactly the case with Samsung Odin has the option to erase nand that completely wipes the device even with the BL locked they allow to flash official f/w

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Ah that's not exactly the case with Samsung Odin has the option to erase nand that completely wipes the device even with the BL locked they allow to flash official f/w
No kidding? That almost seems like a security vulnerability, as far as MDM is concerned - unless the MDM app is baked into the "official" firmware, but as far as I know fleet devices generally use the same country code as consumer devices. It's all rather confusing. I would assume fleet devices would have certain enterprise/corporate apps preloaded, and perhaps have some consumer features disabled, so the firmware would indeed be different from a similar consumer device, meaning you probably couldn't flash consumer firmware on a MDM locked device...

No kidding? That almost seems like a security vulnerability, as far as MDM is concerned - unless the MDM app is baked into the "official" firmware, but as far as I know fleet devices generally use the same country code as consumer devices. It's all rather confusing. I would assume fleet devices would have certain enterprise/corporate apps preloaded, and perhaps have some consumer features disabled, so the firmware would indeed be different from a similar consumer device, meaning you probably couldn't flash consumer firmware on a MDM locked device...
Well that's why samsung uses knox it's a part of their official firmware so it's present in every firmware from every region, knox is capable of blocking sites, apps, features etc depending on however it has been configured by the admin, there is just one set of firmware but knox blocks and enables parts of it on the go and as long as you have the official firmware knox starts straight at boot unless bypassed by some means so you can't actually remove the mdm, plus if u root the device it won't let u in since knox starts at boot
So that's why rooting->bypassing->uninstalling knox is the only effective ways we found to remove the restrictions on our tabs

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Well that's why samsung uses knox it's a part of their official firmware so it's present in every firmware from every region, knox is capable of blocking sites, apps, features etc depending on however it has been configured by the admin, there is just one set of firmware but knox blocks and enables parts of it on the go and as long as you have the official firmware knox starts straight at boot unless bypassed by some means so you can't actually remove the mdm, plus if u root the device it won't let u in since knox starts at boot
So that's why rooting->bypassing->uninstalling knox is the only effective ways we found to remove the restrictions on our tabs
Interesting. Used to be, Knox was just a "warranty bit", a sort of e-fuse that would blow if unofficial firmware was installed on the device.

Good luck with this, it's completely over my head at this point so I'm out lol

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
No, Unlock tool for some specific devices have been successfully to change binaries like changing KG status, very similar to MDM system since when devices bought using EMI options fails to pay companies trigger that. I've seen Unlock tool work not scam.
Fine, but be aware of the Forum Rules:
11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
  • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
  • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
  • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
  • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
  • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
    A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
    B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

Reactions: brunoaduarte
Yes it is unavailable. Nothing happens when I tap "Build number" at Settings / About tablet / Software information
U can try to reflash it this time checking the nand erase option or u can try rooting your device and using the frp bypass
However since i don't know how ur device is restricted I cannot say if these will work or just brick it, so if u wish to proceed with any of these methods to try that's at ur own risk

• Sad
Reactions: brunoaduarte

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With recent distribution of Tabs A7 lite and phones A03s in India, UP everyone is locked by Knox manager cant even change wallpaper no privacy.
    DISCLAIMER:
    I M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY HARM OCCURS FROM THIS GUIDE TO YOUR DEVICE.
    Meant for Educational Purposes Only. Disabling Knox is Illegal, as u are the third party. Your device owner organization might sue you.

->I m using two methods in one , gets rooted anyways.
    ->Send your suggestions as i have not tested on many devices.
    ->DON'T UPGRADE YOUR OS, ON NEXT UPGRADE IF COMES IN FUTURE.
    ->If u want to upgrade repeat the steps again with new stock firmware.
    -> Don't afraid if ur device is bricked it can be recovered ask for assistance.
    ->Knox is a hardware fuse if u rooted then it will trip no turning back ur gpay netflix like apps may or may not work specifically samsung pay.

Magisk method and Alliance shield then adb shell method included in one. For noobs so guide is long :)

Step 1-->
    Download original latest Stock ROM
    For Tabs ur device code is SM-T225 , India
    Go to https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-T225/INS download latest version then extract.
    U can see AP, BL, CP... files.
    Download Odin flasher (only for windows), https://odindownload.com/
    Download SAMSUNG USB driver https://developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver install it.
    Download ADB use it with cmd or linux https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

Step 2->
    Patch the AP file(your stock rom) with Magisk .
    On your default tab with Knox enabled install Magisk manager https://magiskmanager.com/downloading-magisk-manager/ Install it with allow from sources.
    Transfer AP file onto your Device then patch with Magisk then transfer the patched tar file back to PC.
    Follow this for clear instructions https://www.droidwin.com/patch-samsung-ap-firmware-magisk/
    Then enable Dev options Go to Settings-> About tablet-> Software info-> tap Build no few time to enable dev options.
    Back to settings at last inside Dev options enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock.

Backup ur data on tab if any everything will be erased.

Step 3->
    Unlock OEM bootloader . Go to Download mode
    Power off your device unplug powercable. hold Volume up+ down then plug cable hold for few sec Blue screen will appear.
    follow this for OEM. https://www.hardreset.info/devices/...ite/faq/bootloader-unlock/samsung-bootloader/
    then follow this for Download mode.
    till 1:05

Start Odin on pc by adminstrator and flash the Stock rom files with replacing AP file with patched tar
    follow this >https://www.droidwin.com/flash-magisk_patched-tar-samsung-ap-odin/
    Reboot.

Step 3->
    This is the crucial step dont allow Knox to start ,Dont press next after Setting Wifi.
    Download Easy Samsung FRP 2020 https://easy-firmware.com/index.php?a=downloads&b=file&id=293356
    It can detect as virus turn antivirus off and allow.
    follow this
    till 1:57
    follow this if Easy samsung frp fail
    Now u can install apps from chrome by allow from sources.
    In vnrom website download the Android Alliance X links given in site register on it by PC then login .
    follow this https://www.bypassfrpfiles.com/2021/10/alliance-shield-x-apk-latest-version-2021-free-download/
    JUST dont allow Knox it enable in setup step . Give device full access activate.
    Inside ALLiance app go to App manager search Knox and go to each Knox app and tap prevent , there are 7 of them .
    All knox will show in red.

Step 4->
    From this step im not sure exactly so im showing every method for safe zone.
    Now go back Install QuickShortcutMaker from vnrom site install it will come handy it can launch services apps.
    From vnrom site goto open settings Allow Install from unknown apps sources, take a look in device admin apps disable if knox found.
    Go back to settings then from apps search Magisk open it will ask to update it dont reboot.
    Go back to settings enable USB debugging as like previously. plug it in pc
    Open ADB from cmd if windows or linux run
    adb shell
    su
    pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.enterprise.knox.cloudmdm.smdms
    It will show Package com.sec.enterprise.knox.cloudmdm.smdms new state: disabled-user

Now all our Internet work is over disable wifi from settings.

Step 5->
    Now open QuickShortcutManager from settings ->apps ->search quick.. -> open
    Now follow this
    till 3:47
    Dont allow wifi during this.
    after android installs setup Go to Device admin apps agai see if any knox there anywhere.
    Open magisk and alliance once more check everything for knox.
    Final reboot
    Turn on wifi let google default apps install or u can uninstall it .

CONGRATULATIONS now u have successfully disable knox. try changing wallpaper Playstore sign in.
    ->Remove knox permanently by Magix debloat method google it.

Search for alternatives if gpay like apps dosent work magisk can hide , u can learn more from rooting community.

Create a video if u succesfully try it share it here , for clear understanding. will be very helpfull
    Attached some images for proof
    could anyone build it? or do you know how to?
    Yeah someone can build it if they want to but considering it's a mediatek device and a tablet to top that the chances of there being a custom rom is kinda low so the recovery won't really matter much
    Firstly i would like to thank you for providing this awesome working guide for us to root and debloat all knox stuff successfully. It works perfectly. Although with utmost respect i would like to suggest you to make the guide a bit short and remove unnecessary steps to avoid confusions etc.

With @Insomniac05 great help and my hours of hit and trail i managed to successfully flash magisk and remove all knox app and now enjoy the device. If anyone faces any issues, i am always ready to help. My TG : @fastboot_boot_life
    Finally!!!!! man that was long and so f-ing hectic but finally got it working
    Man thanks so much!! That frp bypass totally saved me
    One using alliance x.
    My telegram is. You helped me there.
    @LordBlueBlood
    So root
    Well there's the android 13 update for the device
    You'll need to download the firmware from samfw
    Extract the files and patch the ap with magisk
    Then connect to odin on pc and flash the newer firmware
    Make sure to select home_csc for the csc field that way ur data will stay