• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Guide to flash realmeUI 2.0 beta builds [Global Variant Only]

Search This thread

4j17h

Jun 16, 2014
DISCLAIMER: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO
The only reason behind posting this guide is because now we have a way to fix device if any unusual things happen after flashing beta builds. Beginners & noobs who doesn't have any idea about flashing stuff should stay away.

PREREQUISITES:
1. Bootloader Unlocked Device
OrangeFox
3. Stable OZIP (Android 10 | realmeUI 1.0 | C35)
4. Beta ZIP (Android 11 | realmeUI 2.0 | F06)
5. Unofficial OrangeFox beta build (For realmeUI 2.0 A11 FW only)
6. realmeUI 2.0 stock recovery
7. A11 VBMETA
Patched VBMETA

PROCESS TO FLASH:
1. Just to be on safer side we are going to make sure everything is stock & all partitions are unmodified. So reflash latest Stable OZIP (C35) via OrangeFox.
2. Format data & reboot to System (This is optional but better to do it, we never know what might happen with realme device)
3. Reboot back to Bootloader if realmeUI 1.0 boots fine
4. Flash OrangeFox build which you used previously & also flash patched vbmeta (fastboot flash vbmeta patched_vbmeta.img)otherwise you get "Boot is destroyed........"
5. Boot into custom recovery & copy downloaded Beta ZIP
6. Flash the Beta ZIP & format data.
7. Reboot to System. realmeUI 2.0 should boot now.

COMMON ISSUES & FIXES:
1. Device stuck at white realme splash logo
Sol. Few people reported it booted when they flashed patched vbmeta so you can first try that. If doesn't work then you can flash A11 vbmeta (fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img) attached here & reboot to system

2. Device stuck at Yellow realme boot animation
Sol. If it's stuck for more than 2-3mins then reboot to bootloader & format data by executing fastboot erase userdata ., never do fastboot -w it's messing up data partition in A11 due to new changes introduced by realme

3. Stuck in bootloader (fastboot)
Sol. Flash the unofficial OrangeFox rescue build & boot into it, copy C35 OZIP to internal storage. Flash it & format data. Reboot to System. Wait for public realmeUI 2.0 release.

4. Unofficial OrangeFox beta build stuck at Ofox splash & display keeps blinking
Sol. This happens because Ofox can't decrypt realmeUI 2.0 data, only way to boot this ofox build properly is by formatting data, reboot back to bootloader. fastboot erase userdata

5. Device doesn't have realmeUI 2.0 Stock Recovery

Sol. Flash the attached stock recovery

Last edited:

4j17h

Jun 16, 2014
What does the check look like that prevents the stock recovery from accepting to flash the beta build (if you try to upgrade from C.35)?
Stock recovery only accepts signed OZIP/ZIP like the ones uploaded in their website, OTA updates we receive are signed with different certificate that's why installing those custom OZIPs fail if we do it manually.

Reactions: kurtextrem

4j17h

Jun 16, 2014
Hi, first thanks for the post.
I would like to ask you if there is a way to revert back to c35 after?
Thank you in advance
Well there are two ways, we can use stock recovery to downgrade from beta builds to C34

Another way would be to flash unofficial Ofox build, copy C34 OZIP to internal storage & flash it.

Reactions: Tierri
Jan 20, 2020
How would you recommend to bring over apps & their settings to A11? After formatting data they'll be lost. Which backup method is able to restore them? Have you rooted it already?

Last edited:

a.saed

Mar 22, 2019
Magisk?

Cool ! It works fine thank you.

but I noticed that the "Unofficial OrangeFox beta build" cant mount internal storage issue with following error : "could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer"
So is there another way to Root my device without wiping data?

Reactions: Pcsx2006

G.alwawy

Feb 3, 2021
Hi

First Thank you for this post .

I want to restore a stock recovery UI 1.0 now i am using orangefox recovery on C.34

can i restore without format data or waiting UI 2.0 stable ??
Many Thanks

tuga49

Jan 8, 2016
Hi,

I've followed the steps and no errors. After reboot, the system stucks at Realme white logo. How it's said on common issues, i've flashed then A11 vbmeta, and the same. Ive waited about 10minutes and it keeps there. I've tried flash the Ofox recovery again to repeat the process but now I can't get Ofox working. I can access fastboot and if I try reboot to recovery, it symply reboots to bootloader... What should I do? I also tried all the options in common issues but without success...

Thanks

Last edited:
May 8, 2013
karbala
Realme X2 Pro
Hi,

I've followed the steps and no errors. After reboot, the system stucks at Realme white logo. How it's said on common issues, i've flashed then A11 vbmeta, and the same. Ive waited about 10minutes and it keeps there. I've tried flash the Ofox recovery again to repeat the process but now I can't get Ofox working. I can access fastboot and if I try reboot to recovery, it symply reboots to bootloader... What should I do? I also tried all the options in common issues but without success...

Thanks
try to install patched vbmeta its work form me

Pcsx2006

Dec 11, 2012
So for me I dirty flashed the f06.zip beta on c.35 in official [email protected]_1 release and flashed vbmetaA11 but it failed to then i flashed patched_vbmeta.img and voila it booted just fine and optimizing apps appeared.
Thanks very much to Original Poster we can now use Realme UI 2.0 because of him.
Thanks a lot once again

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts