• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Guide to get Google services with latest firmware installed i.e. EMUI 11.0.0.151 Along with perfectly working notifications without lag

Search This thread

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
How did you determine that?

I'm having the same issues as others in this topic: no USB and no OTA when downgrading from 11.0.0.193

I finally worked out that using eRecovery gets me back to OTAs being accepted, but since downgrading to 10.0.0.176 it won't update beyond 11.0.0.185 (I think eRecovery gets it back to 11.0.0.151 and then there are one or two OTA updates). Now I'm not being offered 11.0.0.193.

I've gone through the downgrade to 10.0.0.136 literally immediately before and didn't know the USB issue existed so I recovered back to 11 to try 10.0.0.176, but Googlefier needs <151 so hence going back to 11 again but now I can't get USB/Hisuite to work unless I somehow can go up to 193 again.

Can someone clarify why I'm not getting 11.0.0.193?

And can someone tell me exactly which combination of EMUI 10 firmware (base, preload and cust) to flash once (if) I can get USB to work again?

ELS-N29 C432
How I determine that? I am looking on my phone.
Are you sure about 10.0.0.xxx firmware version? Because P40 Pro have started with 10.1.0.xxxx.

Yo

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
See the attached image:

1Screenshot_20210801_204438_com.huawei.android.projectmenu.jpg

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
How did you determine that?

I'm having the same issues as others in this topic: no USB and no OTA when downgrading from 11.0.0.193

I finally worked out that using eRecovery gets me back to OTAs being accepted, but since downgrading to 10.0.0.176 it won't update beyond 11.0.0.185 (I think eRecovery gets it back to 11.0.0.151 and then there are one or two OTA updates). Now I'm not being offered 11.0.0.193.

I've gone through the downgrade to 10.0.0.136 literally immediately before and didn't know the USB issue existed so I recovered back to 11 to try 10.0.0.176, but Googlefier needs <151 so hence going back to 11 again but now I can't get USB/Hisuite to work unless I somehow can go up to 193 again.

Can someone clarify why I'm not getting 11.0.0.193?

And can someone tell me exactly which combination of EMUI 10 firmware (base, preload and cust) to flash once (if) I can get USB to work again?

ELS-N29 C432
Maybe I can help you with the firmware update. But you will need a Huawei card. I will see tomorrow night if I have the last firmware (dload version). Regarding the downgrade you have all you need in the YT tutorial posted by me earlier.

wutr

Oct 9, 2015
Maybe I can help you with the firmware update. But you will need a Huawei card. I will see tomorrow night if I have the last firmware (dload version). Regarding the downgrade you have all you need in the YT tutorial posted by me earlier.
Thanks very much for both the screenshot with the version info as well as the offer to help!

I had tried two things simultaneously last night and at least one of them worked and allowed the 11.0.0.193 update to come through.

- Factory reset (whilst on 11.0.0.186)
- Inserting a sim card

It could have been either of the two, but I managed to update to 193 and then downgrade to 10.1.0.121 successfully. I'll now try to install GMS and hopefully OTA will work, but if not I will try eRecovery and hope GMS will stay...

Rhapzody

Apr 7, 2013
Hello. Im now successfully at 11.0.0.151 C432E3R4P3 with google on my p40 pro (ELS-NX9). Everything seems to work fine. The only thing is gmail and googlecalendar sometimes doesnt sync right away unless I sync it manual(absolutely nothing that bothers me). It does sync after a while anyway.

But my question is: do I dare go to 11.0.0.193???
Is there any problems with this update?

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Hello. Im now successfully at 11.0.0.151 C432E3R4P3 with google on my p40 pro (ELS-NX9). Everything seems to work fine. The only thing is gmail and googlecalendar sometimes doesnt sync right away unless I sync it manual(absolutely nothing that bothers me). It does sync after a while anyway.

But my question is: do I dare go to 11.0.0.193???
Is there any problems with this update?
In case you want to downgrade from 193 it will be difficult to do that and you will lose USB connectivity to PC till you get back to 193.

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Im sorry, what do you mean?
If I upgrade to 193, will I have any problems?
Or will I have problems if i later want to downgrade from 193?!
On 193 is fine, all works. Downgrading from 193 to other old firmware will inactivate USB connection to computer. Upgrading back to 193 will fix USB connection.

Pay attention that Huawei will force update (in background) the EMUI to 193.
I wrote a guide to prevent 100% the EMUi update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tech-Ex

Tech-Ex

Nov 3, 2020
On 193 is fine, all works. Downgrading from 193 to other old firmware will inactivate USB connection. Upgrading back to 193 will fix USB connection.

Pay attention that Huawei will force update (in background) the EMUI to 193.
I wrote a guide to prevent 100% the EMUi update.
Hi @badmania98

I have just downgraded P40 Pro to EMUI 10.1.0.182 (C636E7R5P1) but can not receive any update. Last time when I downgraded to EMUI 10.1.0.134 (same region C636) it has update instantly

Both time I can not connect USB and no Super Charge (I know that Huawei lock port MTP)

Now I wonder how I can update to EMUI 11 (193) to downgrade again and install GMS

Hope to hear you soon

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi @badmania98

I have just downgraded P40 Pro to EMUI 10.1.0.182 (C636E7R5P1) but can not receive any update. Last time when I downgraded to EMUI 10.1.0.134 (same region C636) it has update instantly

Both time I can not connect USB and no Super Charge (I know that Huawei lock port MTP)

Now I wonder how I can update to EMUI 11 (193) to downgrade agai
You can try to find other 10.1 (or EMUI 11 (193)) dload firmware and using the OTG to write the firmware. Pay attention: it must be C636 for your phone, not P40Pro+.

You can try with ELS-NX9 10.1.0.134(C636E8R5P1)_Firmware_EMUI10.1.0_Fix install GMS

Tech-Ex

Nov 3, 2020
You can try to find other 10.1 (or EMUI 11 (193)) dload firmware and using the OTG to write the firmware. Pay attention: it must be C636 for your phone, not P40Pro+.
I have the dload (10.1.0.134 - same region C636), but problem is when i plugin USB, it's just show "SUpplying power to the connected device over USB / Reverse Charge)

When go to *#*#2846579#*#* - Update via USB - No Memory Card

I think it's because of locking USB Connection

My goal is getting update to EMUI 11 (193) - that's will sold everything

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
I have the dload (10.1.0.134 - same region C636), but problem is when i plugin USB, it's just show "SUpplying power to the connected device over USB / Reverse Charge)

When go to *#*#2846579#*#* - Update via USB - No Memory Card

I think it's because of locking USB Connection

My goal is getting update to EMUI 11 (193) - that's will sold everything
V1 = buy a Huawei SD card and use it with the dload
V2= try to update using one of those methods:
a. erecovery
b. My Huawei (former Assistance)\Assistance\Quick Services\ Update\Software update (or something like that)

wutr

Oct 9, 2015
After much trial and error I got GMS working. I can't seem to get any notifications on my lockscreen though. They come through immediately after unlocking, but despite changing all settings that have anything to do with notifications on the lockscreen they still don't show, and therefore there is no notification audio at that point either.

Has anybody else solved this?

wutr

Oct 9, 2015
It is matter of:
a. push notification solution that you use
b. App launch configuration
c. battery management
d. other additional solution (for Gmail as an example)
Ah, so there may be hope!

A) Frozen Google Services Framework
B) Set to allow auto launch
C) Set to manual and disabled as much as possible
D) what else can I do for Gmail?

wutr

Oct 9, 2015
a. Not the best solution, but is free
d.
a) I'm open to better solutions!

d) that's the guide I followed in the end. Was there anything specific for Gmail in there that I could have missed? <Edit> The thumbnail in your post that I replied to showed the "Install GMS" video, but once I posted my reply, the thumbnail in the quote area showed the "fix Gmail notifications" video. Weird! I haven't watched that one so I will do that next.

wutr

Oct 9, 2015
a. Not the best solution, but is free
d.
Further to my previous reply, the issue is not that I'm not receiving notifications for Gmail (they seem to work), but the problem is that they only show or arrive when I unlock the phone.

I feel like using macrodroid is a step too far in the "hacky" direction to be reliable. Is it the only option?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,

I've been using P40 Pro since it was released without GMS, but I started to feel it's missing.
    I am currently on 11.0.0.202 and my device number is C432. Could you guys give me a direction from where to start for GMS installation? It would be really helpful for me because I will get lost in these 17 pages.
    i have Video, but in german language.

🚨but🚨
    After GMS installation by mistake I updated play store and now I can't open it.
    Play store is auto-update itself.
    Hello All,

I've been using P40 Pro since it was released without GMS, but I started to feel it's missing.
    I am currently on 11.0.0.202 and my device number is C432. Could you guys give me a direction from where to start for GMS installation? It would be really helpful for me because I will get lost in these 17 pages.
    Guide here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...tifications-without-lag.4187561/post-85582587
    HiSuite attached:
    Hi ,
    This guide is to explain the easiest way to get GMS working on latest firmware i.e. EMUI 11.0.0.151 on P40 Pro 5g (Mine model was ELS-NX9)
    Thousand thanks to @bender_007 for such an amazing app i.e. Googlefier
    Step 1. FIRST Downgrade to FIRMWARE version 10.1.0.131 using Hisuite Proxy App (Detail can be seen on @bender_007 GOOGLEFIER Post (Method 2) or you can search youtube.
    Step2. While downgrade you may get data partition corrupted error, but no worries just do factory reset/ low level format in recovery.
    Step 3. As soon as system reboots after downgrade, DO NOT INSTALL ANYTHING EXCEPT GOOGLEFIER APP by @bender_007
    Step 4. Run Googelfier app and just follow the steps EXACTLY AS MENTIONED . Remember my words ....EXACTLY
    Step 5. After following all steps as mentioned you will get perfectly working GMS services on 10.1.0.131 firmware. Everything works fine here even Google pay is working fine EXCEPT GOOGLE DUO AND FIREBASE BASED PUSH NOTIFICATIONS OF GMAIL.
    BUT YOU WONT GET OTA UPADTE IMMIDIATELY IN YOUR phone, to upgrade to latest firmware. Maybe you can get that in a day or 2 or more.
    Step 6. NOW TO MANUALLY UPDDATE TO LATEST FIRWARE, just follow the hisuite proxy app method which you followed for downgrading. Just identify the exact FULLOTA in Firmware finder. Note down its link and version number. paste in Hisuite proxy app and upgrade
    I HEREBY CONFIRM THAT GMS works perfectly fine even after upgrading to EMUI 11.0.0.151
    CHEERS.

on 18th Nov 2020, i got automatic ota update of 10.1.0.182 AND ON 31st December i got OTA update for emui 11.
    Everything working fine as before i.e. all Google services.

Only issue you will face is the delayed notifications and google duo not working.
    TO RESOLVE BOTH ISSUES, AFTER INSTALLING GMS SERVICES USING GOOGLEFIER, DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ICEBOX APP ON YOUR PHONE.
    ACESS YOUR PHONE THROUGH ADB AND ENTER THIS COMMAND ----- adb shell sh /sdcard/Android/data/com.catchingnow.icebox/files/start.sh

Then ICEBOX will run automatically in your phone. In icebox app, select simple adb method (last option) and select system apps, search for google framework services and freeze it.
    THATS IT ....ALL NOTIFICATIONS DELAY WILL BE GONE AND GOOGLE DUO WILL ALSO WORK FINE.

USE AURORA STOTE FOR APP INSTALLTION FURTHER OR DEFROST FROZEN GOOGLE FRAMEWORK TO REACTIVATE PLAY STORE WHEN APP INSTALLTION REQUIRED...DONT FORGET TO REFREEZE AGAIN.

ENJOY
    Guide to get Google services with latest firmware installed (Currently 10.1.0.172)

great guide
    Just FYI. Push notification tester app doesn't work anymore since yesterday.
    Now you can use another app to verify notifications, without make any changes on it.
    Can you explain how to do this?
    Download gspace on appgallery and you'll have netflix in hd
    Can you write a guide for the ilham/badmania98 method? Is the modded gms file in the folder of six files that were shared? "GServices" "gms.rule.2.4.apk" etc? They say you need Google Services already installed? How?
    if you need help come see me in private and we do the installation together.