Guide to get Google services with latest firmware installed i.e. EMUI 11.0.0.151 Along with perfectly working notifications without lag

SorrowGN

Jan 5, 2021
Hello! New to P40 Pro here!!!
I have installed GMS and seems to be working properly except notis!
Before I follow the instructions about the notifications I have to ask.
Is your play protect indicating non certified device or is it just me (I do not have any popup error messages) ?
And about the notifications, is the guide for delayed notifications only or also for those who do not get notified at all from apps (gmail, twitter etc.)and what is the differences in steps/guides, if there are any?
Thanks in advance for your tollerance!

superman25

Jul 28, 2010
Hi ,
This guide is to explain the easiest way to get GMS working on latest firmware i.e. EMUI 11.0.0.151 on P40 Pro 5g (Mine model was ELS-NX9)
Thousand thanks to @bender_007 for such an amazing app i.e. Googlefier
Step 1. FIRST Downgrade to FIRMWARE version 10.1.0.131 using Hisuite Proxy App (Detail can be seen on @bender_007 GOOGLEFIER Post (Method 2) or you can search youtube.
Step2. While downgrade you may get data partition corrupted error, but no worries just do factory reset/ low level format in recovery.
Step 3. As soon as system reboots after downgrade, DO NOT INSTALL ANYTHING EXCEPT GOOGLEFIER APP by @bender_007
Step 4. Run Googelfier app and just follow the steps EXACTLY AS MENTIONED . Remember my words ....EXACTLY
Step 5. After following all steps as mentioned you will get perfectly working GMS services on 10.1.0.131 firmware. Everything works fine here even Google pay is working fine EXCEPT GOOGLE DUO AND FIREBASE BASED PUSH NOTIFICATIONS OF GMAIL.
BUT YOU WONT GET OTA UPADTE IMMIDIATELY IN YOUR phone, to upgrade to latest firmware. Maybe you can get that in a day or 2 or more.
Step 6. NOW TO MANUALLY UPDDATE TO LATEST FIRWARE, just follow the hisuite proxy app method which you followed for downgrading. Just identify the exact FULLOTA in Firmware finder. Note down its link and version number. paste in Hisuite proxy app and upgrade
I HEREBY CONFIRM THAT GMS works perfectly fine even after upgrading to EMUI 11.0.0.151
CHEERS.

on 18th Nov 2020, i got automatic ota update of 10.1.0.182 AND ON 31st December i got OTA update for emui 11.
Everything working fine as before i.e. all Google services.

Only issue you will face is the delayed notifications and google duo not working.
TO RESOLVE BOTH ISSUES, AFTER INSTALLING GMS SERVICES USING GOOGLEFIER, DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ICEBOX APP ON YOUR PHONE.
ACESS YOUR PHONE THROUGH ADB AND ENTER THIS COMMAND ----- adb shell sh /sdcard/Android/data/com.catchingnow.icebox/files/start.sh

Then ICEBOX will run automatically in your phone. In icebox app, select simple adb method (last option) and select system apps, search for google framework services and freeze it.
THATS IT ....ALL NOTIFICATIONS DELAY WILL BE GONE AND GOOGLE DUO WILL ALSO WORK FINE.

USE AURORA STOTE FOR APP INSTALLTION FURTHER OR DEFROST FROZEN GOOGLE FRAMEWORK TO REACTIVATE PLAY STORE WHEN APP INSTALLTION REQUIRED...DONT FORGET TO REFREEZE AGAIN.

ENJOY
you did not told nothoing

Hardcastle123

Nov 16, 2020
Amateur hour here....

So, I'm trying to roll back from EMUI 11 to 10.x, I was using Proxy suite, found compatible file and the setup seemed to complete correctly, however when I plug my phone into hisuite, it goes to install the companion app on the device and after the permissions steps it tells me it requires 'the location permission to obtain your network name'

I cannot proceed any further? I've checked location permissions and cannot see hisuite listed there?

dr.kkpandey

Nov 6, 2016
Amateur hour here....

So, I'm trying to roll back from EMUI 11 to 10.x, I was using Proxy suite, found compatible file and the setup seemed to complete correctly, however when I plug my phone into hisuite, it goes to install the companion app on the device and after the permissions steps it tells me it requires 'the location permission to obtain your network name'

I cannot proceed any further? I've checked location permissions and cannot see hisuite listed there?
Use specific version of hisuite as mentioned

nnc6

May 13, 2011
Amateur hour here....

I have the same problem! installed HiSuite_10.0.0.510_OVE and as I connect the phone a notification appears saying that hisuite is not compatible... If I try to open it it asks for location permission but there's no way to set them. What am I doing wrong??

d_u_g_i

Jun 11, 2008
I have the same problem! installed HiSuite_10.0.0.510_OVE and as I connect the phone a notification appears saying that hisuite is not compatible... If I try to open it it asks for location permission but there's no way to set them. What am I doing wrong??
To downgrade from v11.x to v10.x you need to install HiSuite v11 and use that HiSuite to downgrade to latest v10.x. You can downgrade through HiSuite 11 update option on main screen. You need to remove HiSuite from mobilte too, and v11 will install HiSuite for mobile that works.
After downgrade, you uninstall Hisuite v11 on computer and install HiSuite v10 and then use proxy to downgrade to lower versions of 10.xxx.

nnc6

May 13, 2011
To downgrade from v11.x to v10.x you need to install HiSuite v11 and use that HiSuite to downgrade to latest v10.x. You can downgrade through HiSuite 11 update option on main screen. You need to remove HiSuite from mobilte too, and v11 will install HiSuite for mobile that works.
After downgrade, you uninstall Hisuite v11 on computer and install HiSuite v10 and then use proxy to downgrade to lower versions of 10.xxx.
I tried also this way, I'm able to install hisuite and to open it in the smartphone, to connect it with the laptop app but it always says 'no internet connection', seems that the proxy is not working properly.

Hardcastle123

Nov 16, 2020
That's boss - thanks very much!

Hardcastle123

Nov 16, 2020
Ok, I guess i've progressed to the next error -

It downloads an older version and says its installed to phone, phone reboots, gets to huawei screen and then comes up with eRecovery and tells me the 'data partition corrupted' ?

Pretty sure I can fudge my way out of this but any ideas on the cause?

I'm sure i matched up the software versions re compatibility so im assuming that wasn't the case?

Jan 3, 2021
Vienna, Austria
Ok, I guess i've progressed to the next error -

It downloads an older version and says its installed to phone, phone reboots, gets to huawei screen and then comes up with eRecovery and tells me the 'data partition corrupted' ?

Pretty sure I can fudge my way out of this but any ideas on the cause?

I'm sure i matched up the software versions re compatibility so im assuming that wasn't the case?
You have to wipe the data partition. Type "Yes" and continure. And your phone will work

mumse1

Jan 10, 2013
Tibro
Hi ,
This guide is to explain the easiest way to get GMS working on latest firmware i.e. EMUI 11.0.0.151 on P40 Pro 5g (Mine model was ELS-NX9)
Thousand thanks to @bender_007 for such an amazing app i.e. Googlefier
Step 1. FIRST Downgrade to FIRMWARE version 10.1.0.131 using Hisuite Proxy App (Detail can be seen on @bender_007 GOOGLEFIER Post (Method 2) or you can search youtube.
Step2. While downgrade you may get data partition corrupted error, but no worries just do factory reset/ low level format in recovery.
Step 3. As soon as system reboots after downgrade, DO NOT INSTALL ANYTHING EXCEPT GOOGLEFIER APP by @bender_007
Step 4. Run Googelfier app and just follow the steps EXACTLY AS MENTIONED . Remember my words ....EXACTLY
Step 5. After following all steps as mentioned you will get perfectly working GMS services on 10.1.0.131 firmware. Everything works fine here even Google pay is working fine EXCEPT GOOGLE DUO AND FIREBASE BASED PUSH NOTIFICATIONS OF GMAIL.
BUT YOU WONT GET OTA UPADTE IMMIDIATELY IN YOUR phone, to upgrade to latest firmware. Maybe you can get that in a day or 2 or more.
Step 6. NOW TO MANUALLY UPDDATE TO LATEST FIRWARE, just follow the hisuite proxy app method which you followed for downgrading. Just identify the exact FULLOTA in Firmware finder. Note down its link and version number. paste in Hisuite proxy app and upgrade
I HEREBY CONFIRM THAT GMS works perfectly fine even after upgrading to EMUI 11.0.0.151
CHEERS.

on 18th Nov 2020, i got automatic ota update of 10.1.0.182 AND ON 31st December i got OTA update for emui 11.
Everything working fine as before i.e. all Google services.

Only issue you will face is the delayed notifications and google duo not working.
TO RESOLVE BOTH ISSUES, AFTER INSTALLING GMS SERVICES USING GOOGLEFIER, DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ICEBOX APP ON YOUR PHONE.
ACESS YOUR PHONE THROUGH ADB AND ENTER THIS COMMAND ----- adb shell sh /sdcard/Android/data/com.catchingnow.icebox/files/start.sh

Then ICEBOX will run automatically in your phone. In icebox app, select simple adb method (last option) and select system apps, search for google framework services and freeze it.
THATS IT ....ALL NOTIFICATIONS DELAY WILL BE GONE AND GOOGLE DUO WILL ALSO WORK FINE.

USE AURORA STOTE FOR APP INSTALLTION FURTHER OR DEFROST FROZEN GOOGLE FRAMEWORK TO REACTIVATE PLAY STORE WHEN APP INSTALLTION REQUIRED...DONT FORGET TO REFREEZE AGAIN.

ENJOY
I have a working installation of GMS on my P40 PRO C432(Googlefier + a ictfix solution for play protect error).
How does this icebox thing work?
Can i just freeze GFS and get push notifications and when i want install /update apps just unfreeze GFS?
Wich version of icebox is recomended?
Latest in play store has "system plugin" removed but that maybe dosent matte?

Last edited:

Hardcastle123

Nov 16, 2020
I might be out of the loop here , I rolled back from 11.x to 10.131 and have got googlifier running and notifications on all apps without any issues ?

Not thought about icebox ? Is it a must have requirement , am I lucky or ?

mumse1

Jan 10, 2013
Tibro
Hello! New to P40 Pro here!!!
I have installed GMS and seems to be working properly except notis!
Before I follow the instructions about the notifications I have to ask.
Is your play protect indicating non certified device or is it just me (I do not have any popup error messages) ?
And about the notifications, is the guide for delayed notifications only or also for those who do not get notified at all from apps (gmail, twitter etc.)and what is the differences in steps/guides, if there are any?
Thanks in advance for your tollerance!
Did you install icebox? And Did it fix notifications (twitter and other push notifications)?
Iam also new to p40 pro, have fully working Google play apart from notifications... And would love to hear about a decent working solution to all notification issues without messing things up to much.. 😉

aleksandarbuzov

Jan 15, 2019
if you want to have a working google use version *** 112 turn off all built-in applications of huawei set your notifications and you will have a clean phone with google and notifications and a battery that lasts 8 hours a day with moderate usage

mcall_r

Mar 13, 2008
Glasgow
if you want to have a working google use version *** 112 turn off all built-in applications of huawei set your notifications and you will have a clean phone with google and notifications and a battery that lasts 8 hours a day with moderate usage
Can you elaborate please on what you mean by version *** 112? Is this EMUI 11?