Guide-to install kali linux(or any other linux)on any arm android phone

yash sharma100

Mar 20, 2015
delhi
I tried the below method and it successfully worked on my canvas a1(sprout 4) android 6.0.1
1.install linux deploy app from play storeclick here
2.open it, in properties, select your distribution(kali linux).
3.for armv7 cpu, select arhmf and for older select other options in architecture.
4.(optional)select gnome in desktop environment if you want pc like experience otherwise leave all settings default.
5.you need atleast 4 gb on your ext sd card (or internal) and a good wifi connection.
6. click on install button at the top.
7. app will start its process, and will take from 30MIN to 2 hours depending on your wifi speed.
8.after the process finishes,( with command <<install at the end), download bvnc click here and juice ssh click here from playstore. bvnc is required for graphical vnc session and ssh for terminal only session.
9.in linux deploy, click on start button, and it will tell you ports for both vnc and ssh sessions. ip address is listed on top of linux deply app. default username and password for both the sessions is 'android' and 'changeme' resp..
10. open bvnc(or juicessh) and enter your ip in address or hostname field and port no. in port field and your username and pasword as written in step 9.
11. click connect and enjoy kali linux on your android phone.
note* linux that will be installed is without any tools. just dowload them from putting apt_get install yourtoolname in the terminal.
this is my first post , i regret any inconviniece .
THERE WILL BE NO FACTORY RESET OR DATA LOST. THIS PROCESS IS ALMOST BUGFREE IF DONE PROPERLY.
HIT THANKS IF IT HELPED:laugh::laugh:

official link (official kali.org guide) https://www.kali.org/tutorials/kali-linux-android-linux-deploy/

*NOTE:INSTALL MEEFIK BUSYBOX FROM PLAYSTORE FOR LATEST VERSION OF LINUX DEPLOY(THE OTHER BUSYBOX WILL NOT WORK)
LINK TO MEEFIK BUSYBOX..HERE

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2015
Bro can you please help me I have a sprout 4 running on marshmallow 6.0 I have all apps you say . and doing everything same but after all process when I press start button its show me a ssh and vnc both are faild to open what I do for this. Plz help I want kali Linux in my Android one..a

Sent from my Micromax AQ4501 using XDA Forums

yash sharma100

Mar 20, 2015
delhi
Bro can you please help me I have a sprout 4 running on marshmallow 6.0 I have all apps you say . and doing everything same but after all process when I press start button its show me a ssh and vnc both are faild to open what I do for this. Plz help I want kali Linux in my Android one..a

Sent from my Micromax AQ4501 using XDA Forums
ok, possible reasons for this are:
1. linux deploy hasn't been granted su permission. check for it.
2. installation not done properly. please click on reconfigure (with proper internet connection) and see if it downloads some other important things that you may have missed in installation.
3.then click on start. poth the ports should open now. if they doesn't, that means you have not installed them properly.
you have to delete your previous linux.img and create a new one with proper installation.
click thanks if it helped. it really works,:laugh: my all freinds use kali on their android.

Reactions: manishsarkar2017
Sep 10, 2015
ok, possible reasons for this are:
1. linux deploy hasn't been granted su permission. check for it.
2. installation not done properly. please click on reconfigure (with proper internet connection) and see if it downloads some other important things that you may have missed in installation.
3.then click on start. poth the ports should open now. if they doesn't, that means you have not installed them properly.
you have to delete your previous linux.img and create a new one with proper installation.
click thanks if it helped. it really works,:laugh: my all freinds use kali on their android.
Can i do panatrck testing after linux install...

dursosono

Feb 6, 2015
I can't install, both dns & mtab were fail. Running on custom stock rom MM 6.0 V30B already rooted, device LG G3 D855. Plz help
Edit: i can installed dns & mtab btw still can't vnc & ssh

Last edited:

munish1

Jun 22, 2014
I tried the below method and it successfully worked on my canvas a1(sprout 4) android 6.0.1
1.install linux deploy app from play storeclick here
2.open it, in properties, select your distribution(kali linux).
3.for armv7 cpu, select arhmf and for older select other options in architecture.
4.(optional)select gnome in desktop environment if you want pc like experience otherwise leave all settings default.
5.you need atleast 4 gb on your ext sd card (or internal) and a good wifi connection.
6. click on install button at the top.
7. app will start its process, and will take from 30MIN to 2 hours depending on your wifi speed.
8.after the process finishes,( with command <<install at the end), download bvnc click here and juice ssh click here from playstore. bvnc is required for graphical vnc session and ssh for terminal only session.
9.in linux deploy, click on start button, and it will tell you ports for both vnc and ssh sessions. ip address is listed on top of linux deply app. default username and password for both the sessions is 'android' and 'changeme' resp..
10. open bvnc(or juicessh) and enter your ip in address or hostname field and port no. in port field and your username and pasword as written in step 9.
11. click connect and enjoy kali linux on your android phone.
note* linux that will be installed is without any tools. just dowload them from putting apt_get install yourtoolname in the terminal.
this is my first post , i regret any inconviniece .
THERE WILL BE NO FACTORY RESET OR DATA LOST. THIS PROCESS IS ALMOST BUGFREE IF DONE PROPERLY.
HIT THANKS IF IT HELPED:laugh::laugh:

official link (official kali.org guide) https://www.kali.org/tutorials/kali-linux-android-linux-deploy/

*NOTE:INSTALL MEEFIK BUSYBOX FROM PLAYSTORE FOR LATEST VERSION OF LINUX DEPLOY(THE OTHER BUSYBOX WILL NOT WORK)
LINK TO MEEFIK BUSYBOX..HERE
Hai
I had some issues in VNC (kali) give black and grey screen I do all good plz give some good and to solve this out using mi4w Xiaomi

gopikrushna

Oct 12, 2015
Can't install kali linux on htc one

My HTC One having viper one rom .when I was trying to install it shows
Update configuration file ........done
Segmentation fault
Please help me.